Associated Community Services Employee Reviews

Great
TSR (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 5, 2017
You work with people from all aspects of life and learn so much. The people are very friendly and you'll never have a dull moment. This is the type of job that you will love.
Fun
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJanuary 1, 2017
Acs was a great job.I worked with persons with medical disabilities so everyday was not a smooth day their would be days when it was stressful and days that made you smile.
Pros
free vacations to resorts every year
exciting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 20, 2016
they provide a lot of floor support to keep you going and encouraged. I enjoyed coming to work it was always something exciting to look forward to.
Unlawful handling of funds.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 14, 2016
They were on Fox 2 problem solvers for unlawful use of funds. That should be all that I have to write being that we were a fund raiser. They took advantage of us employee's making us think we were helping kids with cancer.....but we weren't! They were pocketing all the cash.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Unlawful
easy to get hired
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 28, 2016
I didn't like this job because they were scamming the public for donations. The hours were ok but and the had the worst attendance policy. the staff was nice but all they cared about was meeting quota. its like everyone was walking around in an unrealistic bubble.
Pros
decent money
Cons
scammers
Very unorganized! Changes made every other week!!
Customer Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 5, 2016
Only the chosen few are able to make good money in the company! Leads are chosen by management, and given to ACS favorites! If and when you're not meeting their expectations far as going over quota and staying at work your not going to make good money, as long as your not working six out of seven days per week you will not make good money!!! Management is always off on the weekends... The only management that are there on weekends is a trainer or supervisor! While upper management sit back and enjoy their six figures and exclusive get away vacations!
Great Family Oriented Enviorment
Training Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2016
A typical day would consist of starting the day with morning meetings with my staff to assure all issues were addressed before the start of the day. Manager's meeting following that to discuss all areas of the company including employees, programs, ways to improve, budgets, and overall operation of the company. The majority of my day is spent meeting with workers and other trainers to discuss ways to better themselves and increase the overall improvement of the company
Pros
Bonuses, Great CoWorkers, Advancement Potential
Cons
Short Lunch
Worst job to take unless you're desperate
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 14, 2016
ACS is horrible. If you don't like telemarketing do not work here ! They call people at the crack of dawn to midnight. They only care about getting donations and I really don't think the money goes to the organizations. The bosses are trash and don't care about the employees whatsoever. I hated the time I even worked here I was in need of a job and they paid every week. But I will tell you if you're 30 mins or more late in a week the make you pay minimum wage for that week.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
telemarketing and management
Horrible
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 5, 2016
Dont ever work here. All they care about is money. If you miss one day they take your check down to minimum wage and thats what you'll be getting paid a hour.
Fun Working Environment & Good People
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 27, 2016
Working on 3 computers at once. I learned about salesmanship and life lessons. Management could be way better. My co workers were very nice folks and very down to earth.
Pros
You can break at your own pace.
Cons
Scheduling.
helped people in need
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI 48076March 24, 2016
my job was to help raise funds for charities. it humbled me and helped me to stay focus. Hardest part was actually trying to ask for donations.
good experience
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 8, 2016
loved working with media equipment CEO very organized loved the bonuses and there was always something fun to do everyday
Inbound and Outbound calls
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 15, 2016
Collecting donations for charities such breast cancer society of america, disabled vets, etc. Friendly environment, clean environment, helpful trainers, the most enjoyable part of working there was hearing the reasons why people chose to donate whether personal or just because.
Pros
Learn the process of how to rebuttal and better communication skills
Cons
Charities only receive less than 10 percent of money collected, the company get the rest.
High volume.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 25, 2015
Manage employees on quality control, optimal performance and customer donations. Conduct team meetings to motivate employees for the fast paced environment.
Room discounts.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 16, 2015
This company was doing a good deed for the charities I just wish that the charities were getting a bigger percentage of what was being collected on their behalf.
Pros
Room discounts
Cons
Snake like co-workers
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 24, 2015
Any day your working at the TJmaxx there is a lot of things that keep you busy such as customer service, cashiering, and maintaining the sales floor.
Pros
co-worker get along with another like a fmaily
Cons
shorter breaks
great company to work for
Independent Living Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Capital Heights MDOctober 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working here I had a lot of one to one time with the client and was able to establish a great working relationship with client. The clients were treated really well and allowed to do a lot of activities i.e. vacations, weekly outings and most of them had jobs so they paid for everything.
I loved the people i talked to on the phone
TSR (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 21, 2015
I love the people i worked with. I loved getting donations for kids with hair loss. i loved getting donations for breast cancer
Fast pace environment with awesome coworkers
Dave Rossi (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 9, 2015
A typical day consists of making about 900 cold calls seeking donations for charity, the environment was great. Managers made every day exciting as you prepared for the work day. the often gave away prizes and held contest for bonus money. you can either work nights or days and hours ranged from 35 to 39 hours a week with weekly pay.
Pros
can take a break when ever you want, can eat at your desk, they have a smoking area, making money and they offered overtime
Cons
Short breaks, have to be seated for 7 hours a day
Fun place for kids
TSR (Former Employee) –  Southfield MISeptember 7, 2015
No raises and when u needed to take off they cut your weekly pay. I enjoyed the friendly people and I had a awesome supervisor
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Poor and unfair working conditions. No raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9