The Home Ownership Specialist is responsible for coordinating referrals and applicant information between our Mortgage and Real Estate departments and assists our members with the expediting of their home loans and realty services. The Home Ownership Specialist must be knowledgeable in all types of mortgage loans including conventional, FHA, VA and Fannie Mae regulations and Texas Statute with regard to Mortgage Lending; inclusive of Purchases, Refinance, Home Equity, Home Equity Line of Credit, Home Improvement, Unimproved Property and the necessary steps to bring a loan to closing. He/she must also knowledge of the real estate industry and understand the home purchase process.
Homeowership Specialist Duties:
1. Will act as Liaison between the Mortgage, Real Estate and Community Outreach Departments and respond in a timely fashion to referrals received from credit union employees via telephone, email or voicemail.
2. Provide excellent service to our members through cross selling, which is the ability to identify and meet the needs of our members with products or services related to home ownership available through ACU of Texas.
3. Assist with the increase of referrals from Credit Union Employees and external sources and be responsible for following the referral through the entire process.
4. Will provide pre-approval letters and up front disclosures for individuals interested in purchasing a home.
5. Will build strategic alliances with mortgage loan offers, real estate agents and insurance agents to ensure excellent lines of communication between ACU of Texas departments.
6. Will assist with the daily gathering and follow up on all types of mortgage and real estate documents necessary to submit a loan to underwriting.
7. Will be knowledgeable of Home Buyer Certification class offerings and down payment grant assistance programs.
Note: The list of duties is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for interviewing loan and real estate applicants and projecting a positive image as a representative of the Credit Union. Work requires knowledge of real estate loan policy; credit granting criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for each type of loan. Must be capable of discussing the various home ownership alternatives with member. Must have or obtain an NMLS number.
Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, and fractions). Average or above personal skills in Windows, Microsoft Office or equivalent. These characteristics are normally acquired through completion of a high school education plus completion of additional real estate or mortgage coursework; some college would be an asset.
Must be proficient in using the following computer or web based software : Calyx Point Mortgage Software, Microsoft Office Tools, HMDA, Symitar/Epysys, Synapsys, MVI, Laserfiche, MLS, and HAR.
American with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.