Associated Grocers of Florida Employee Reviews

The job was ok.
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2018
During my employment with AG, I learned a lot. However, I did not like the working conditions because myself and others like to perform to our full capabilities.
decent job
usda food inspector assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2017
The job was learning experience .had to chance to meet and deal with a lot of different people which i think is good. Management was cool , and understanding of life and how different things would pop up, they would be there and try to accommodate .
Pros
the breaks
Cons
overload
Very stressful
Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Very demanding, very stressful with little recognition. Inconsistent rules from upper management. Favoritism is rampant. No regular scheduled reviews for management. Constantly threating the team with their jobs.
Pros
Cons
Please see above
Treat people like a slave
Selector (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 1, 2017
Worst place to work in America. Management isn't good. Treat people like animal, talk to people indecent, co-workers don't respect co-workers. Material working always broken
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
competitive work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 28, 2017
our supervisor was great
kept a positive energy throughout the warehouse
plenty of extra hours
i loved it because everyone ketp busy and it made time go by
the tough part was emptying pallet loads of merchandise with no help
Job Security
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 10, 2017
Great place to work if that's all you want to do. Money to be made if you like working long hours. Hard to get with company. Work starts at 4 or 5am and you don't leave until your done (5-6pm) if you are on the dry grocery side. If you are on the freezer side you go in at 3pm and finish at 12am on a good day 9 am on any other day.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Takes a long time to go from agency to company
Productive Workplace
Receivers, Checkers & Loaders (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 10, 2017
Lots of product and resources. Hours are pretty iffy but other than that if you need a job theyll hire you no problem. not a great place to work but pretty reliable.
Productive place
Cash Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2017
A very solid and strong company culture. Family is the center of all the employees. Fun and other activities are welcome !Great place to stay for many years!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work during holidays!
very flexible.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 14, 2017
This company has a very pleasant environment to work in and management is very friendly. I feel safe working for this company, they have security available at all times.
Pros
free lunches
work
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 3, 2016
it is a good work place if everyone get alone on do there work even the management the work is hard but if you put your mind to it then its like 123.

Want to know more about Associated Grocers of Florida?

Ask a question
productive and fast paced environment
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 8, 2015
An typical day is being assigned to an lane. At this lane, you have to scan two boxes at a time to its assigned pallet. You will continue to it is no boxes yet. Most of the time the boxes are constantly non stop so you have to keep up with it. You usually work with about 10-20 people on your lane.Your managers always aware you of what to do and let you known your scan rate which is important. They will also move you to another lane if they need help as well. You have to scan a certain amount of hour. It is an easy job with good pay. You just have to have patience, be able to stay on your feet and energy to lift and scan. The management staff is cool to work with as well as the co-workers.
Pros
over time
Cons
15 hour shifts
Fast pace and fun place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  POMPANO BEACH FLJanuary 7, 2014
Loading and unloading daily routines and cycle counting daily.
Great boss and loved the customers!
Office Manager/Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 25, 2013
Ran the office for the Ocala area. Working with all the customers was fantastic! They are a great bunch of people and I loved assisting upper management on anything they needed!
Pros
Loved my boss!
Cons
Got laid off!
Water department during hurricane season of 2004
Shipping and Receiving Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 25, 2013
I was hired as a temp through an employment agency at first, but my contract was soon bought out. In 2004, Central Florida was hit hard by 4 hurricanes. The demand on water was very high.

Upon arrival, at 6am, I would have to inventory the number of empty trailers in the lot and what company they were from; compare that to the pick-ups that were scheduled that day and decided what trailers should be brought in to be filled. I had to access how many bays had to be open for drive-in pickup. I would look at what product had to be loaded and schedule the loaders what to assemble and where to place it. At the end of the day, usually around 7-9pm, take inventory of what I had on hand for the next day. When I got home, I would compare the inventory to the pick up schedule for the next day.

The hardest part about the job was; we were more of a warehouse and pick-up station for a local water company. The water companies clients included many large national stores that had standing orders. The increase demand in local areas, at this time, caused a production problem for the water company. They could not keep up and many times I would have trucks waiting for product to arrive. One time as many as (15).

I found that the water company was sending false information about the amount of inventory I had. Associated was getting blamed for missed loads. In at attempt to (I guess) shift the blame, I would fax these companies of the inventory on the floor the day before pickup.

Closed this location of Associated and building sold soon after.
Pros
I loved the challange.
Cons
No real support from upper management
Family Oriented
Accounts Payable/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pompano BeachAugust 16, 2013
Entering Invoices, Billing, Check Run, Back-up Receptionist, Customer Service, Vendor Maintenance
buying dept very productive..
Director of JB Enterprise Opportunity buyer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 9, 2012
A typical day would be looking at suggestive buys, Quoting those items to my customers, Supervising the inbound purchases, Negotiate with Brokers & Manufacturer Reps. on Deal, Pricing, and order placement & tracking those orders. Meeting with managment each month for go over sales & profits. Prepared Monthly profit & loss statements. Established a plant direct & Backhaul program for the opportunity dept. Working with the co - workers was the best part of the job, we became family over 20 years...Hardest part was leaving them and saying good bye. Most enjoyable, the support of my staff and fellow workers..They were unbelievable.
Pros
wonderful people to work with, was like a family.
Cons
to many power plays, they need to foucus on making money