Associated Materials

Associated Materials Employer Reviews

Challenging work environment
Production Planner (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: managing my time myself
Cons: not paid properly for what i do while being expected to do much more than i was hired to do.
A typical day of work for me begins with releasing a download at 7am for another department, as the girl who works there doesn't arrive until 8am. I then release a schedule for the previous day, outlining which lines have taken which of their labels and which haven't. I will release a production report for the plant if the lady who does them isn't there. – more... I then complete a standard download for all lines, then work on reports for HR until lunch. After lunch I complete last-minute rush order labels for the lines, the rush and standard downloads for Screens and Shapes, the rush download for all the lines, and the downloads for Bay/Bows, Samples, Rainware, and FedEx. Any time I have between what I'm doing I order supplies for the plant and place and retrieve orders for toner. I also maintain inventory for my office and take care of the maintenance of our copier. I've learned to be flexible and learn computer programs as I go, according to what I need to accomplish with this company, I've learned time and labor management, and I've learned that my time is valuable. The hardest part of my job is dealing with constant interruptions from people who are actually pretty rude - an example would be I walk a foot away from a computer I'm using and someone from the plant walks into the room, pushes me out of the way, and takes over the computer. I've learned to stop that behavior from others, but many people lack basic manners and that is hard for me to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in charge of myself and an occasional helper. I like being in control of my situation and am able to manage myself and others efficiently. – less
It's really Alside......stay away!
Driver (Current Employee), LortonDecember 6, 2013
Cons: zip
Terrible place to work. Very unprofessional not only at their Lorton location but at senior management level. Last branch manager forced out. Your be sorry. Low pay/no raises and terrible working condition. I would rather be unemployed!
Not A Good Company
Manager (Former Employee), Cuyahoga FallsJune 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: hot, dirty, stinky
I worked there for a while and it is very hot, no air, mostly Hispanic and foreign work force, and is constant troubles. Managers who are bullies, and very un educated.
fun and productive place to work
reciving (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 1, 2012
This company was a time of learning and processing the field of window production. It was an experience i've obsorbed alot of knowledge of window production.
they cept you busy
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: weekends off
Cons: could make more money
I stayed busy always moving trailors when i wasnt moving them i was loading or unloading trucks.wach over each other and help one another.management was ok.the hardest part of the day was towards the end of the day always draged i get to listen to music while I am working makes the day go by better.
Not a good work life balance
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Former Employee), Saw OperatorNovember 8, 2011
Pros: 401k available, benefits, lots of overtime
Cons: non english speaking coworkers, too much mandatory overtime
Unrealistic quotas that were changed once they were met. Equipment issues daily. Such a fast pace that quality was compromised.No company loyalty to long time employees.