Associated Materials

Associated Materials Employee Reviews

Don't do it!!!
N/A (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 22, 2015
Yeah sure it's a great place for advancement, depending on who ya are. Good work is definitely not recognized. Very little communication between management and the workers. Workplace safety has really gone downhill. Organization, well there isn't much of that either. Sure your job is secure during the Summer time. Come early December though, time to start looking for something else. My advice here.......move on to the next posting.
Company future uncertain!
Corporate Engineering (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Work own hours
Cons: Management
Engineering departmaent is always busy, the only problem is the upper management is ruining this company. With all the mandatory OT that all the production works, how they treat employees, it just is not a place I would recommend to anyone.
customer driven environment
Glass Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 1, 2015
Little opportunity for advancement and a work/life imbalance. Most workers quit within 6 months. No rewards for good work.
Was decent until new management
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Long hours with no recognition
Started at 7 in the morning ended roughly between 6 or 8 at night. With the new management refusing to learn the basics of the company and basics of the buying/planning department, it made for a very tense work environment.
work all summer and none if winter
QA (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 17, 2015
you work 10 to 12 hr per day 6 to 7 days. you have to work on Sun. sometimes no matter if you have other things. you might get a day off if you ask but don't count on it.
Excellent Compan
Take all over the counter sales (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 1, 2015
A Wonderful Company to work for. I am only leaving because my life is seynding me in a different direction. Since day one, I have looked forward to going to work. That is a rare luxury that I have had the opportunity to be a part of.
Wonderful Company
Production Superintendent (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaSeptember 21, 2014
I really enjoy working for AMI. Motivating a group of people to achieve a common goal is very rewarding.
Productive place
Line Leader (Former Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 11, 2014
A typical day at work was usually was giving out assignments, walking the line making sure everybody is working productively, wearing the correct PPE and making sure the product is done correctly before it leaves the line.
Not bad
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 27, 2014
Pros: diversified coworkers
Cons: very hot, long hours in peak season
Can be hard to have a social life during peak business months due to mandatory overtime. Descent benefits. Very hot working conditions.
terrible
Loader (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 11, 2014
Cons: everything
terrible place to work but a fair place to start as a young kid. Just make sure you start a descent store and not one personally owned
its a nice place to work
Assistant Supervisor / Production Lead (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 28, 2014
i learned everything i know from this place was able to show all my skills
Fun Place to work. Love It.
Plant Trainer (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, around holidays
Cons: shorts breaks indeed.
Teach and Train New and curent employees.
I Learned that when I tech, I get more out of it.
Been organized all the time and well prepared.
Love work with people of different backgroud.
Hardest part of my job was when I saw my trainees got fired.
Work with all my trainees.
Challenging work environment
Production Planner (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: managing my time myself
Cons: not paid properly for what i do while being expected to do much more than i was hired to do.
A typical day of work for me begins with releasing a download at 7am for another department, as the girl who works there doesn't arrive until 8am. I then release a schedule for the previous day, outlining which lines have taken which of their labels and which haven't. I will release a production report for the plant if the lady who does them isn't there. I then complete a standard download for all lines, then work on reports for HR until lunch. After lunch I complete last-minute rush order labels for the lines, the rush and standard downloads for Screens and Shapes, the rush download for all the lines, and the downloads for Bay/Bows, Samples, Rainware, and FedEx. Any time I have between what I'm doing I order supplies for the plant and place and retrieve orders for toner. I also maintain inventory for my office and take care of the maintenance of our copier. I've learned to be flexible and learn computer programs as I go, according to what I need to accomplish with this company, I've learned time and labor management, and I've learned that my time is valuable. The hardest part of my job is dealing with constant interruptions from people who are actually pretty rude - an example would be I walk a foot away from a computer I'm using and someone from the plant walks into the room, pushes me out of the way, and takes over the computer. I've learned to stop that behavior from others, but many people lack basic manners and that is hard for me to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in charge of myself and an occasional helper. I like being in control of my situation and am able to manage myself and others efficiently.
Great workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: eating out for lunch
Cons: short breaks
Load and unload trailers, put away material in designated areas, Quality control. Pull and load windows on trailers. Wrap windows on the wrapper. Enjoyed working with all my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was lifting 200 lb. windows. Enjoying everyday at work
Enjoyable and professional place to work
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: personable people to work with, co briefed you on financial info
Cons: laid off by new management
People were reasonable to work with and goals were accomplished on a daily basis. Credit decisions were made many times during day as required by the pace of the job which was very busy.
Change in investor group
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJanuary 4, 2014
New investor group changed the business model. Eliminated product group, sales model and human reasource needs.
productive
Lead Receiving Clerk/ Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 7, 2013
Pros: was advanced and held to a high expectation and i accelerated.
Cons: to busy to take my breaks
I liked working with my management team, I learned to drive a forklift as well as manage the department with my Managers help. I was very busy with buyers,production needs and inventory demands.
It's really Alside......stay away!
Driver (Current Employee), LortonDecember 6, 2013
Cons: zip
Terrible place to work. Very unprofessional not only at their Lorton location but at senior management level. Last branch manager forced out. Your be sorry. Low pay/no raises and terrible working condition. I would rather be unemployed!
Good Company that backs up their products
Sales Manager Northern District (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits and sales resources
Cons: lots of reports
Overall the company is good. Marketing Department is super!!! Give you great sales tools. Benefits are above par.
Not A Good Company
Manager (Former Employee), Cuyahoga FallsJune 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: hot, dirty, stinky
I worked there for a while and it is very hot, no air, mostly Hispanic and foreign work force, and is constant troubles. Managers who are bullies, and very un educated.
Industry