Associated Materials Employee Reviews

Not a good environment to work
Shipping Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 25, 2017
Very Poor Management and/or Leadership. This Company has been run on very all technology, they need to improve on their software as well as equipment.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too much Overtime
Good money
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 25, 2017
I loved working for this company even though it was through a temp agency. Its a great place to work but you have to be very disciplined. I worked 5pm- 5am 6-7 days a week. It takes its tole on you but great for a temp winter job.
Enjoyed my staff.
Accounts Payable - Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 29, 2017
The day would begin with the AP department processing
invoices into our Oracle system for Friday's check run.

I learned that accuracy is the first priority needed vs keying speed,

I managed a team of twelve wonderful, dedicated, hard working
employees.
The work place was enjoyable and everyone in the
accounting department got along very well.

The hardest part of the job was learning and keeping up with system
changes.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the graduated we received
from our Vendor and Department heads at Associated Materials.
Single people
Quality Control/Lead (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 28, 2017
Long hours little time off not knowing when your hours are til that day. Mandatory overtime on a minute notice. Revolving door with employees and mangers.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No family or life outside
No input
Plant Manager/Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2017
I do not desire to provide input for confidentiality reasons. I appreciate to be contacted if more input is needed. For confidentiality I wish to not provide.
Work your fingers to the bone.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 9, 2017
This company will work you to death. Made to order manufacturing is fast paced. The plant manager is a bully. No time for personal life. Get ready to make peanuts for busting your hump.
Cons
many challenges to see, take on & overcome
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 7, 2017
Many areas in the plant to grow and move up to better myself and train others in a growing and demanding field of the window industrial area. Opportunity to grow
Team motivated enviroment
Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 22, 2017
As a warranty rep , I enjoyed my time at Associated Materials, The supervisors are always helpful and so is the staff, Your co workers are all there to lend a hand if needed .
Work
Window Frame Welder (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 19, 2017
Operate production line machinery and computers.
Troubleshoot production line machinery.
Perform equipment change-overs.
Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
Operate forklift to maintain raw material supply for the production line.
Complete daily production logs.
Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery.
Communicate with operators from other shifts.
Clean and maintain work area.
Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
Other duties as assigned.
Productive training program for recent grads
Management Training Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Great opportunity for recent grads going into operations. You get to learn the ins and outs of the company and experience each division. You will work with supply centers, manufacturing, and corporate functions.
Very unorganized and poorly ran.
Production Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 19, 2016
No sense of team managers are only worried about selves and treat hourly employees terribly! They never know what hours or days they are running and their turnover with employees is unbelievable !
Associated materials Kingston is horrible
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingston North CarolinaNovember 3, 2016
no safety no supervisors the the trainer vandalizes people's stuff It's a safety hazard people don't get trained. Trainer gossips about everyone....
Pros
Cons
Pure garbage
Awesome Group
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2016
I worked for AMI at the Alside Nashville Supply Center. The Supply Center Manager and Ops Manager were solid in every professional aspect. They expected your all, and gave you theirs which embodied the entire culture at this supply center. I worked hard, but more importantly I enjoyed, trusted, and had fun with my colleagues. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great culture, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Training is often sink or swim on your own (can be achieved), little room for quick advancement.
Dont Do It
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 12, 2016
Don't do it, look elsewhere, the place is absolutely horrible. If your a production supervisor you can do a lot better than this place. They will make you promises and they wont keep them. They told me during the interview process that I would be required to work 11 hours one or two days a week during their busy season. I worked 12 1/2 days for 8 months. and Sat. The place is a revolving door they hired 3 supervisors in Aug. not one of us made it a year. two of us resigned and one was terminated. The of Kinston NC plant is over run by gang members (bloods and Crips) will be your employee base. They have no security at the front gate people just come in and out at will. I can go on and on,. Just take my advice and look someplace else.
Pros
Cons
Its All Bad
no problems
Load Puller (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 6, 2016
I have no problems with the company other than getting blamed for something that was no fault of my own. fast paced when you had work to do .other times busy looking for work
Associated Materials
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 15, 2016
Some Things are best left not said. I learned a lot about Management change and the lack of respect and rewards towards employees that took the company to a profitable margin and releasing the ones that took the company there.
Cons
Working here you have to be prepared for long hours.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 24, 2016
Being an assembler consisted of extremely easy tasks, however they do become monotonous. Shifts can be 10-14 hours long, which is very draining. But those paychecks are sure nice!
Pros
Paychecks are great when busy
Cons
Long shifts
Very Poor Upper Management
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2016
Upper Management manages from a distance via text and email. Very little in-person management.
When I first met my regional manager, he turned down my outstretched hand and acted as if I did not exist.
Pros
Company Truck, Gas Card
Cons
See above
Run don't walk away
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 17, 2016
Good company if you do not work in the corporate headquarters (Cuyahoga Falls). You will be asked to reduce downtime but the company does not invest in parts or time for the maintenance department. Workload is heavy but does not include time spent assisting production which can take up a majority of your time. Management puts in place priorities but they are always changing based on plant performance. There is high turnover in the production and engineering departments which lacks experience.
Pros
New technoloies in making of windows
Cons
Heavy work load in summer months
Great People
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 31, 2016
AMI has great people that care about each other. Hours are good and allow you to spend time with family. Alside is the brand on most will know from a consumer level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9