Associated Materials Employee Reviews

Terrible place.
Skilled worker (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga FallsOctober 6, 2017
No one stays long, even management. had 3 supervisors in `16 months. Most workers are temps , minority's, non English speaking, Mexican. Nepalese, who are worked to death. typically 10 to 12 hours days , and often 6 and 7 days a week,. Management only seems to care about production. A revolving door for workers. Some drug use , alcohol use, gang activity. Theft and vandalism occurs frequently.
Nope
Lead Quality Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Wasted my life in there, Ive seen so many people come and go. They leave because of the stress and hours. Kiss your life goodbye if you get stuck on second shift.
Poor Management causes most occurance of the employee turnover
Calibration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Too many required work days. Work 6 to 7 days a week without notice. Can be scheduled to work 8 hours and right before you get done you are told your working 10 or 12 hours. No consideration for hourly personnel due to poor management.
Pros
Benefits good-put you pay for them
Cons
Turn around and excessive overtime
I liked working here for the money
Accessory Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHSeptember 12, 2017
THe money was really the only good part about working here a this job. The hours are really long and you are required o work a lo of saturdays. ITs one of those lets make money right now jobs the turn over rate is horrible.
Its a good places to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 4, 2017
Everyone's friendly everyone greets you when you arrive there in the morning. They have staff meetings to tell you what the production quota was for..
Pros
Everyone is a good mood
Cons
Wish that pay was bi weekly and not weekly
Alside
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TNAugust 16, 2017
I worked for one year with Alside. The culture of the Area Supply Center was rather peculiar, it just wasn't my cup-of-tea. Pay was good. Hours are typical for the Building Material industry.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Productive and process oriented company
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 7, 2017
Good grasp of process for manufacturing, realistic goals and expectations in regards to employee progress and project timing. Management was fair and has realistic expectations.
Pros
Great work/life balance
laid back atmosphere.
Glass Technician/ Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 20, 2017
great work environment but upper management is only concerned about upper management.very little room for advancement.I have been here 2 years and i havent gotten a raise .Assemblers have the hardest jobs but leads are getting the bonuses
Not a good place to work. At all.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 17, 2017
Very old school company. Lots of yelling and swearing by management. Large layoffs every year. Very long hours and no one appreciates. No annual pay raises. Executives are paid extremely well and others are not. Work environment is bad. Bathrooms are gross!
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
Not treated very well at all, very long hours, everyone gets yelled at a lot, managers swear a lot
Horrible workplace
Regional Operations Manager| Mid-Atlantic (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAJuly 6, 2017
Place is full of conflict of interest like a family organizations who only look out for their people. You express your views to management and they just sit back and do nothing. Want you to work extremely long hours . Never seem to motivate you for the good work your doing always find something to shot you do about and most of all not growth opportunity.
productive new learning experience
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 12, 2017
held daily staff meetings, equipment operations, inventory control, load and unload trailers, logged in all production for employee's, moved product throughput the warehouse.
Pros
money and hours
Cons
upper management was no good
Production is a fast pace
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 3, 2017
I worked at Alside Windows for 11 years it was I great place to work quality control inspector was a priority for me I took my job seriously but production didn't understand that safety comes 1st ,Quality 2nd, production is a must don't get me wrong.
Pros
Break room was nice
Cons
Great benefits in Mexico
Not a good environment to work
Shipping Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 25, 2017
Very Poor Management and/or Leadership. This Company has been run on very all technology, they need to improve on their software as well as equipment.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too much Overtime
Good money
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 25, 2017
I loved working for this company even though it was through a temp agency. Its a great place to work but you have to be very disciplined. I worked 5pm- 5am 6-7 days a week. It takes its tole on you but great for a temp winter job.
Enjoyed my staff.
Accounts Payable - Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 29, 2017
The day would begin with the AP department processing
invoices into our Oracle system for Friday's check run.

I learned that accuracy is the first priority needed vs keying speed,

I managed a team of twelve wonderful, dedicated, hard working
employees.
The work place was enjoyable and everyone in the
accounting department got along very well.

The hardest part of the job was learning and keeping up with system
changes.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the graduated we received
from our Vendor and Department heads at Associated Materials.
Single people
Quality Control/Lead (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 28, 2017
Long hours little time off not knowing when your hours are til that day. Mandatory overtime on a minute notice. Revolving door with employees and mangers.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No family or life outside
No input
Plant Manager/Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2017
I do not desire to provide input for confidentiality reasons. I appreciate to be contacted if more input is needed. For confidentiality I wish to not provide.
Work your fingers to the bone.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 9, 2017
This company will work you to death. Made to order manufacturing is fast paced. The plant manager is a bully. No time for personal life. Get ready to make peanuts for busting your hump.
Cons
many challenges to see, take on & overcome
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 7, 2017
Many areas in the plant to grow and move up to better myself and train others in a growing and demanding field of the window industrial area. Opportunity to grow
Team motivated enviroment
Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 22, 2017
As a warranty rep , I enjoyed my time at Associated Materials, The supervisors are always helpful and so is the staff, Your co workers are all there to lend a hand if needed .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8