Associated Materials Employee Reviews

Work
Window Frame Welder (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 19, 2017
Operate production line machinery and computers.
Troubleshoot production line machinery.
Perform equipment change-overs.
Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
Operate forklift to maintain raw material supply for the production line.
Complete daily production logs.
Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on production line machinery.
Communicate with operators from other shifts.
Clean and maintain work area.
Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
Other duties as assigned.
Productive training program for recent grads
Management Training Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Great opportunity for recent grads going into operations. You get to learn the ins and outs of the company and experience each division. You will work with supply centers, manufacturing, and corporate functions.
Very unorganized and poorly ran.
Production Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 19, 2016
No sense of team managers are only worried about selves and treat hourly employees terribly! They never know what hours or days they are running and their turnover with employees is unbelievable !
Associated materials Kingston is horrible
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingston North CarolinaNovember 3, 2016
no safety no supervisors the the trainer vandalizes people's stuff It's a safety hazard people don't get trained. Trainer gossips about everyone....
Pros
Cons
Pure garbage
Awesome Group
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2016
I worked for AMI at the Alside Nashville Supply Center. The Supply Center Manager and Ops Manager were solid in every professional aspect. They expected your all, and gave you theirs which embodied the entire culture at this supply center. I worked hard, but more importantly I enjoyed, trusted, and had fun with my colleagues. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great culture, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Training is often sink or swim on your own (can be achieved), little room for quick advancement.
Dont Do It
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCSeptember 12, 2016
Don't do it, look elsewhere, the place is absolutely horrible. If your a production supervisor you can do a lot better than this place. They will make you promises and they wont keep them. They told me during the interview process that I would be required to work 11 hours one or two days a week during their busy season. I worked 12 1/2 days for 8 months. and Sat. The place is a revolving door they hired 3 supervisors in Aug. not one of us made it a year. two of us resigned and one was terminated. The of Kinston NC plant is over run by gang members (bloods and Crips) will be your employee base. They have no security at the front gate people just come in and out at will. I can go on and on,. Just take my advice and look someplace else.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Its All Bad
no problems
Load Puller (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 6, 2016
I have no problems with the company other than getting blamed for something that was no fault of my own. fast paced when you had work to do .other times busy looking for work
Associated Materials
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 15, 2016
Some Things are best left not said. I learned a lot about Management change and the lack of respect and rewards towards employees that took the company to a profitable margin and releasing the ones that took the company there.
Cons
Working here you have to be prepared for long hours.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 24, 2016
Being an assembler consisted of extremely easy tasks, however they do become monotonous. Shifts can be 10-14 hours long, which is very draining. But those paychecks are sure nice!
Pros
Paychecks are great when busy
Cons
Long shifts
Very Poor Upper Management
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2016
Upper Management manages from a distance via text and email. Very little in-person management.
When I first met my regional manager, he turned down my outstretched hand and acted as if I did not exist.
Pros
Company Truck, Gas Card
Cons
See above
Run don't walk away
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 17, 2016
Good company if you do not work in the corporate headquarters (Cuyahoga Falls). You will be asked to reduce downtime but the company does not invest in parts or time for the maintenance department. Workload is heavy but does not include time spent assisting production which can take up a majority of your time. Management puts in place priorities but they are always changing based on plant performance. There is high turnover in the production and engineering departments which lacks experience.
Pros
New technoloies in making of windows
Cons
Heavy work load in summer months
Great People
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 31, 2016
AMI has great people that care about each other. Hours are good and allow you to spend time with family. Alside is the brand on most will know from a consumer level.
Enjoyed my Job
Lead Receiving Clerk/Asst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 11, 2015
Management holds employees to a high standard. Always willing to teach you if your willing to learn. Your have to set your self apart and like to work to gain respect. This job is for those that like to work and take pride in their work. If its just a check you wont make it far.
Pros
upper management
Cons
have to go through Temp service
a fast paced, hectic work environment with little organization
window manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OhioOctober 5, 2015
fast paced manual labor but constant delays from running out of material, equipment, or being supplied with poor quality parts from different departments. also a long and often delayed hiring process.
Don't do it!!!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 22, 2015
Yeah sure it's a great place for advancement, depending on who ya are. Good work is definitely not recognized. Very little communication between management and the workers. Workplace safety has really gone downhill. Organization, well there isn't much of that either. Sure your job is secure during the Summer time. Come early December though, time to start looking for something else. My advice here.......move on to the next posting.
Company future uncertain!
Corporate Engineering (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 14, 2015
Engineering departmaent is always busy, the only problem is the upper management is ruining this company. With all the mandatory OT that all the production works, how they treat employees, it just is not a place I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Work own hours
customer driven environment
Glass Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 1, 2015
Little opportunity for advancement and a work/life imbalance. Most workers quit within 6 months. No rewards for good work.
Was decent until new management
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 22, 2015
Started at 7 in the morning ended roughly between 6 or 8 at night. With the new management refusing to learn the basics of the company and basics of the buying/planning department, it made for a very tense work environment.
Pros
Cons
Long hours with no recognition
work all summer and none if winter
QA (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 17, 2015
you work 10 to 12 hr per day 6 to 7 days. you have to work on Sun. sometimes no matter if you have other things. you might get a day off if you ask but don't count on it.
Excellent Compan
Take all over the counter sales (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 1, 2015
A Wonderful Company to work for. I am only leaving because my life is seynding me in a different direction. Since day one, I have looked forward to going to work. That is a rare luxury that I have had the opportunity to be a part of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associated Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8