Associated Materials

Associated Materials Employee Reviews

Great People
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 31, 2016
AMI has great people that care about each other. Hours are good and allow you to spend time with family. Alside is the brand on most will know from a consumer level.
Enjoyed my Job
Lead Receiving Clerk/Asst (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 11, 2015
Management holds employees to a high standard. Always willing to teach you if your willing to learn. Your have to set your self apart and like to work to gain respect. This job is for those that like to work and take pride in their work. If its just a check you wont make it far.
Pros
upper management
Cons
have to go through Temp service
a fast paced, hectic work environment with little organization
window manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OhioOctober 5, 2015
fast paced manual labor but constant delays from running out of material, equipment, or being supplied with poor quality parts from different departments. also a long and often delayed hiring process.
Don't do it!!!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 22, 2015
Yeah sure it's a great place for advancement, depending on who ya are. Good work is definitely not recognized. Very little communication between management and the workers. Workplace safety has really gone downhill. Organization, well there isn't much of that either. Sure your job is secure during the Summer time. Come early December though, time to start looking for something else. My advice here.......move on to the next posting.
Company future uncertain!
Corporate Engineering (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 14, 2015
Engineering departmaent is always busy, the only problem is the upper management is ruining this company. With all the mandatory OT that all the production works, how they treat employees, it just is not a place I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Work own hours
customer driven environment
Glass Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 1, 2015
Little opportunity for advancement and a work/life imbalance. Most workers quit within 6 months. No rewards for good work.
Was decent until new management
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 22, 2015
Started at 7 in the morning ended roughly between 6 or 8 at night. With the new management refusing to learn the basics of the company and basics of the buying/planning department, it made for a very tense work environment.
Pros
Cons
Long hours with no recognition
work all summer and none if winter
QA (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 17, 2015
you work 10 to 12 hr per day 6 to 7 days. you have to work on Sun. sometimes no matter if you have other things. you might get a day off if you ask but don't count on it.
Excellent Compan
Take all over the counter sales (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 1, 2015
A Wonderful Company to work for. I am only leaving because my life is seynding me in a different direction. Since day one, I have looked forward to going to work. That is a rare luxury that I have had the opportunity to be a part of.
Wonderful Company
Production Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaSeptember 21, 2014
I really enjoy working for AMI. Motivating a group of people to achieve a common goal is very rewarding.
Productive place
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 11, 2014
A typical day at work was usually was giving out assignments, walking the line making sure everybody is working productively, wearing the correct PPE and making sure the product is done correctly before it leaves the line.
Not bad
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 27, 2014
Can be hard to have a social life during peak business months due to mandatory overtime. Descent benefits. Very hot working conditions.
Pros
diversified coworkers
Cons
very hot, long hours in peak season
terrible
Loader (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 11, 2014
terrible place to work but a fair place to start as a young kid. Just make sure you start a descent store and not one personally owned
Cons
everything
its a nice place to work
Assistant Supervisor / Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 28, 2014
i learned everything i know from this place was able to show all my skills
Fun Place to work. Love It.
Plant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 5, 2014
Teach and Train New and curent employees.
I Learned that when I tech, I get more out of it.
Been organized all the time and well prepared.
Love work with people of different backgroud.
Hardest part of my job was when I saw my trainees got fired.
Work with all my trainees.
Pros
free lunches, around holidays
Cons
shorts breaks indeed.
Challenging work environment
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 25, 2014
A typical day of work for me begins with releasing a download at 7am for another department, as the girl who works there doesn't arrive until 8am. I then release a schedule for the previous day, outlining which lines have taken which of their labels and which haven't. I will release a production report for the plant if the lady who does them isn't there. I then complete a standard download for all lines, then work on reports for HR until lunch. After lunch I complete last-minute rush order labels for the lines, the rush and standard downloads for Screens and Shapes, the rush download for all the lines, and the downloads for Bay/Bows, Samples, Rainware, and FedEx. Any time I have between what I'm doing I order supplies for the plant and place and retrieve orders for toner. I also maintain inventory for my office and take care of the maintenance of our copier. I've learned to be flexible and learn computer programs as I go, according to what I need to accomplish with this company, I've learned time and labor management, and I've learned that my time is valuable. The hardest part of my job is dealing with constant interruptions from people who are actually pretty rude - an example would be I walk a foot away from a computer I'm using and someone from the plant walks into the room, pushes me out of the way, and takes over the computer. I've learned to stop that behavior from others, but many people lack basic manners and that is hard for me to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in charge of myself and an occasional helper. I like being in control of my situation  more... and am able to manage myself and others efficiently.  less
Pros
managing my time myself
Cons
not paid properly for what i do while being expected to do much more than i was hired to do.
Great workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 21, 2014
Load and unload trailers, put away material in designated areas, Quality control. Pull and load windows on trailers. Wrap windows on the wrapper. Enjoyed working with all my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was lifting 200 lb. windows. Enjoying everyday at work
Pros
eating out for lunch
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable and professional place to work
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 7, 2014
People were reasonable to work with and goals were accomplished on a daily basis. Credit decisions were made many times during day as required by the pace of the job which was very busy.
Pros
personable people to work with, co briefed you on financial info
Cons
laid off by new management
Change in investor group
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 4, 2014
New investor group changed the business model. Eliminated product group, sales model and human reasource needs.
It's really Alside......stay away!
Driver (Current Employee) –  LortonDecember 6, 2013
Terrible place to work. Very unprofessional not only at their Lorton location but at senior management level. Last branch manager forced out. Your be sorry. Low pay/no raises and terrible working condition. I would rather be unemployed!
Cons
zip