Associated Materials

Associated Materials Employer Reviews

Wonderful Company
Production Superintendent (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaSeptember 21, 2014
I really enjoy working for AMI. Motivating a group of people to achieve a common goal is very rewarding.
Productive place
Line Leader (Former Employee), Kinston, NCJuly 11, 2014
A typical day at work was usually was giving out assignments, walking the line making sure everybody is working productively, wearing the correct PPE and making sure the product is done correctly before it leaves the line.
Not bad
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 27, 2014
Pros: diversified coworkers
Cons: very hot, long hours in peak season
Can be hard to have a social life during peak business months due to mandatory overtime. Descent benefits. Very hot working conditions.
terrible
Loader (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 11, 2014
Cons: everything
terrible place to work but a fair place to start as a young kid. Just make sure you start a descent store and not one personally owned
its a nice place to work
Assistant Supervisor / Production Lead (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 28, 2014
i learned everything i know from this place was able to show all my skills
Fun Place to work. Love It.
Plant Trainer (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, around holidays
Cons: shorts breaks indeed.
Teach and Train New and curent employees.
I Learned that when I tech, I get more out of it.
Been organized all the time and well prepared.
Love work with people of different backgroud.
Hardest part of my job was when I saw my trainees got fired.
Work with all my trainees.
Challenging work environment
Production Planner (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: managing my time myself
Cons: not paid properly for what i do while being expected to do much more than i was hired to do.
A typical day of work for me begins with releasing a download at 7am for another department, as the girl who works there doesn't arrive until 8am. I then release a schedule for the previous day, outlining which lines have taken which of their labels and which haven't. I will release a production report for the plant if the lady who does them isn't there. – more... I then complete a standard download for all lines, then work on reports for HR until lunch. After lunch I complete last-minute rush order labels for the lines, the rush and standard downloads for Screens and Shapes, the rush download for all the lines, and the downloads for Bay/Bows, Samples, Rainware, and FedEx. Any time I have between what I'm doing I order supplies for the plant and place and retrieve orders for toner. I also maintain inventory for my office and take care of the maintenance of our copier. I've learned to be flexible and learn computer programs as I go, according to what I need to accomplish with this company, I've learned time and labor management, and I've learned that my time is valuable. The hardest part of my job is dealing with constant interruptions from people who are actually pretty rude - an example would be I walk a foot away from a computer I'm using and someone from the plant walks into the room, pushes me out of the way, and takes over the computer. I've learned to stop that behavior from others, but many people lack basic manners and that is hard for me to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in charge of myself and an occasional helper. I like being in control of my situation and am able to manage myself and others efficiently. – less
Great workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: eating out for lunch
Cons: short breaks
Load and unload trailers, put away material in designated areas, Quality control. Pull and load windows on trailers. Wrap windows on the wrapper. Enjoyed working with all my co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was lifting 200 lb. windows. Enjoying everyday at work
Enjoyable and professional place to work
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: personable people to work with, co briefed you on financial info
Cons: laid off by new management
People were reasonable to work with and goals were accomplished on a daily basis. Credit decisions were made many times during day as required by the pace of the job which was very busy.
Change in investor group
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJanuary 4, 2014
New investor group changed the business model. Eliminated product group, sales model and human reasource needs.
productive
Lead Receiving Clerk/ Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 7, 2013
Pros: was advanced and held to a high expectation and i accelerated.
Cons: to busy to take my breaks
I liked working with my management team, I learned to drive a forklift as well as manage the department with my Managers help. I was very busy with buyers,production needs and inventory demands.
It's really Alside......stay away!
Driver (Current Employee), LortonDecember 6, 2013
Cons: zip
Terrible place to work. Very unprofessional not only at their Lorton location but at senior management level. Last branch manager forced out. Your be sorry. Low pay/no raises and terrible working condition. I would rather be unemployed!
Good Company that backs up their products
Sales Manager Northern District (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits and sales resources
Cons: lots of reports
Overall the company is good. Marketing Department is super!!! Give you great sales tools. Benefits are above par.
Not A Good Company
Manager (Former Employee), Cuyahoga FallsJune 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: hot, dirty, stinky
I worked there for a while and it is very hot, no air, mostly Hispanic and foreign work force, and is constant troubles. Managers who are bullies, and very un educated.
Productive and fun/easy place to work at with great work enviroment
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: little shift so easy to work not over crowded. ample amount of time on break
A typical day at work would be clocking in getting my pick sheets pick my loads before break then after break load my picks onto trailers.I learned more about warehousing enviroment, how to pick accurately and quickly and how to tier a trailer out so that everything fits rite. My co-workers were nice people and easy to get along with. The hardes part – more... of the job was loading loose tiers because I'm a short person and siding boxes are long and heavy and awkward to lift. – less
they cept you busy
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Ashtabula, OHSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: weekends off
Cons: could make more money
I stayed busy always moving trailors when i wasnt moving them i was loading or unloading trucks.wach over each other and help one another.management was ok.the hardest part of the day was towards the end of the day always draged i get to listen to music while I am working makes the day go by better.
Productive.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJuly 16, 2012
Responsibilities included supervision of production employees, meeting customers’ schedules, supporting the production manager with his role and customer service.
Not a good work life balance
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Former Employee), Saw OperatorNovember 8, 2011
Pros: 401k available, benefits, lots of overtime
Cons: non english speaking coworkers, too much mandatory overtime
Unrealistic quotas that were changed once they were met. Equipment issues daily. Such a fast pace that quality was compromised.No company loyalty to long time employees.

About Associated Materials

Associated Materials is a leading manufacturer of professionally installed exterior building products. It is able to meet the – Read more

Associated Materials Photos