Associated Wholesale Grocers Employee Reviews in United States

Growing, Customer Focused, Employee Driven Power Wholesaler
Operations, Distribution and Retail Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2016
Worked with this organization for 8 years. They are impressive and will continue to gain market share. They care about their Partnerships and Employees.
High school student job
selector (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, LADecember 14, 2015
This job calls for many different duties to be upheld. Isn't to physically demanding. Good for someone who is still in school due to flexible work schedules.
As of sysco it was a very productive job an had nice benefits
Order filler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 24, 2015
The only thing I did like about this job was that it ran on production times also like Sysco foods I opporated a motorized long flok pallet jack.
horrible place to work
Forklift Operator/Loader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 21, 2015
typical day at work anywhere from 10 to 16 hours. I did not learn anything there except that I needed to find a new job. the management could care less about you, and treat people like animals. no one even bothers to try and get to know one another because chances are they or you will not be there within a month. their turnover rate is astronomical. the hardest part of the job is the neverending production pace and ridiculously long hours.
Pros
starting pay around $19/hr
Cons
see review
Fun work place great management ,co-workers
REACH-LIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, LANovember 18, 2015
Looked forward to going to work on time everyday felt like family.Always put safety first can talk to anyone in management all ways professional.
Pros
TREATED WITH RESPECT .ALLWAYS WAS APPRICAITED.
Cons
NONE THAT I SAW.
Fast paced environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 8, 2015
Overall a good company but the hours are unpredictable. The rate of pay is a positive for working here. Management is pretty friendly and the company has been in business for a long time so future job security is excellent.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard labor intensive
This place wasn't very fun to work at all
Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2015
It's cold or really hot, it smells, it's the longest hours of all time, it's difficult to do, it's very busy and it was pretty terrible all around
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
everything was awful
Not much of a work/life balance
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 22, 2015
The warehouse operation is a tough job if you have a family. Their company focus is one getting the product out (as it should be). However, the hours can be very rough.
Hard Work, Some Heavy Lifting
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNAugust 19, 2015
This is a place where you will have to work hard. You lift boxes all day, and the amount of boxes you pull will vary. Company did start off good at the beginning, now it is hard to get out of there in less than 10 hours.
I put in long hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 22, 2015
i was dedicated to be on time with a positive attitude . I can go back i just don't like mississippi i worked in the freezer, meat room,dairy and produce . I am a master stacker and pull 250 cases a hour
My first job experience
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma city, OKJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of pulling orders and getting them sent out.
I learned what the phrase "work ethic" meant and that i have acquired one thanks to the guidance of my family.
My co-workers taught me a lot about the job and how to make your work go a little faster.
the hardest part of the job was that it was my first job so it took awhile to get the hang of.
the most enjoyable part was learning the life experience and gaining knowledge.
Hard work at a fast paste
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 2, 2015
Everyone was fast it's a great job to work for dry grocery is a hot place to work in the warehouse. and the most enjoyable part of the day was going home after a hard work day..
Pros
Great Pay / Benifets
Cons
12 hour shifts
strict and union
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 13, 2015
start the day off by grabbing a pallet jack you can get your hands on, normally get kicked off by a full timer. grab your headset and vocollect and pick up your first order. the vocollect tells you where to go and how many items to pick. you stack everything on your pallets until the order is complete. wrap it up and take it up. print your labels, which tell you what door too take it too and what stop (where to place it at the door) to drop it. sounds pretty simple. but they are stict about time and some items get up to 100 lbs. its a union job, so it doesnt matter who works the hardest its who's been there longest who gets treated better
Fast career growth
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 11, 2015
Many opportunities for career growth across departments, offers interaction with diverse workforce, and flexible with the schedule.
Great place for a single person.
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 11, 2015
This place is a union job and the working schedule is 2nd shift (3pm-11:30pm), but you could easily work past your 8 hours if it is a heavy day. If your spouse works first shift, you'll never see them. The pay is great; that's why most people hang on there.
Pros
When full time: Health care is free for whole family.
Cons
Could take up to 4 years to get hired.
8-5 job for beginning a career
Merchandise/Pricing Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, LAMay 6, 2015
You must be young to work in the warehouse and willing to work hard. You have to meet quotas and get along with the supervisors. Rather hard to work up the chain unless you are friends with the right people.

Not a good place to advance or go into customer service (CS) department with any advanced experience. CS Manager is a micro-manager, loves it when you go to her for advise and how to information. Not particularly good for a self starter or one who wants to advance.
If you have children that you must care for when sick or older parents, it is very hard to manage both and one will be the loser and if it isn't your family, you will be the loser and lose your job.
Also, do not be a minute late for work!

It is a good place to begin a career, keep your nose clean and do your job and then look for another position somewhere else.
Pros
Office workers get fresh fruit every day, they provide lunches and breakfast frequently, fairly friendly place to work, coworkers are helpful, Training in warehouse is good
Cons
hard to more up to a better position.
outdated culture and facilities; low pay; highly conservative
Admin (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 4, 2015
If you want a lot of work expected of you for a very low wage, as a full time admin, then work here. They also laid off dozens of people while I worked there as soon as the economy went downhill.
A culture of favortism and some management influencing other areas they do not oversee; such as whether to hire or fire people in other depts
Pros
good benefits; free fresh produce / flowers
Cons
low pay for what is expected; inflexible, strict
My job
ADVERTISING ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 25, 2015
job is easy for someone with years of experience like me. Coworkers for the most part are great. We are much like a family. My manager is great very understanding person. I am an administrative assistant. I fufill all duties for this typical position. Creating ad planners and packets, billing and crediting customers, setting up meetings, attending food show, etc.
terrible place
order selector (Former Employee) –  fort worth texasMarch 11, 2015
Poor management, lots of favoritism, they tell you in orientation how easy it is to reach the 100% productivity goal per day but don't tell you how difficult it really is in reality you have to literally run to even come close. Working every weekend sucks managers are of no assistance to you what so ever starting pay isn't worth the demands of the work. Great just for now job but not something to make a career out of.
Pros
co workers
Cons
no set off time, unrealistic rates over worked under paid
This is one of the most God forsaken places I've ever worked at.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 6, 2015
The job is already demanding enough as it is, but the management makes it so much harder for only certain employees by showing favoritism and giving many of the quality pick orders to only a handful of guys that never have to work as hard as the general population of selectors.

I enjoyed working with some of the people I worked with, but it was overshadowed by the lack of concern with maintenance throughout the building. We pulled orders on second-rate machinery with a very high production rate being expected of us.

I would not recommend working here at all. My name is Matthew Whitfield and I don't care who knows it.
Pros
the money is good.
Cons
the warehouse is one of the unsafest on the planet. you'll be treated like you don't matter, when in truth, you're the only thing standing between them and complete and utter failure. if you don't work, nothing moves.