Association Member Benefits Advisors

Association Member Benefits Advisors Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place!
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2015
Just started here and am beyond excited. The staff is positive and helpful, and there are so many new things happening to grow business. I'm learning something new every day, and am proud of the work we do.
Highly Ethical Sales Organization with Growth Opportunity
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2015
I have been in sales for over a decade and it's hard to find an ethical sales organization that actually does what they say they are going to do. Fortunately, AMBA has exceeded my expectations in this department.

Direct sales is not easy and it isn't for everyone, but AMBA has stood behind me and given me the tools I needed to become successful: Strong endorsement from the Texas Retired Teachers Association makes it easier to schedule sales appointments and close sales. The products are top notch: Long Term Care (Mutual of Omaha), Cancer/Heart Attack/Stroke coverage (Cigna) just to name a couple. These are huge companies with good reputations and retired teacher clients feel safe protecting their retirement with these companies.

The management team and culture in my Houston region is outstanding...a bunch of winners. Our Houston region has finished #1 out of 9 regions nationwide the past 3 years running. It's also nice to see (in a sales organization) that when they have a need to hire a new advisor in Houston they are very selective...

AMBA also provides first class training in the field for 6 weeks, free warm and hot retired teacher leads to call on, and outstanding VIP trips yearly with bonuses and incentives throughout the year. They know how to motivate me and make me feel appreciated!

Oh, and the compensation (with residual income for retirement) is excellent!
Pros
Unlimited Earning potential (no cap) plus residual income for retirement, weekly advances paid
Cons
No health benefits provided by company, Hard Work
A Great Company to work for!
Executive Assistant to VP of Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2015
One of the best companies I have ever work for. Lots of room for promotion and grow with in the company. Great staff with an awesome office and in field culture/environment. I am having an amazing experience being here.

AMBA actively helps me and all it's staff to grow, not only on a business level but personally as well. I have found it hard to find a company who truly believe in building up it's staff.
Pros
Great reward system, lots of room for promotions, feel like the company really cares for me.
Cons
Commission structure is not written for new reps
benefit advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2015
This company is endorsed by a local association and they have a great niche market; however, the reason they don't have local reps is because it's hard to keep them. The commission structure is not made for new reps to be successful only their managers. Their contract is also written where if you leave, you forfeit your upfront commission and residuals unless you can last for 3 years.
Pros
A local endorsement
Cons
Commission structure and the contract
Great company if u have a financial cushion.
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2013
Laid back work environment, extremely competitive commission structure, great residual income, if you speak your concerns they will be addressed, etc..
Pros
laid back work environment, extremely competitive commission structure, great residual income
Cons
need to invest to grow, long work days, extensive driving, no benefits
Selling Supplement Insurance Products
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TexasJanuary 20, 2013
Created appointments with schools and city and state offices for the purposes of selling supplement insurance products. Learned how to set up in the teachers lounge and visit with the teachers to attract them for insurance appointments.
Management was very consistent at first but actually ended up scaring away 2 of my agents due to verbal abuse in front of others.
The hardest part of the job was driving 200 miles per day to my territory. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the clients and helping them fill their insurance needs.
Pros
fun weekly meetings
Cons
driving distances too far

4.2