Association of American Medical Colleges

Association of American Medical Colleges Employee Reviews

Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2017
As a temporary employee, for AAMC my position as a document processor was great, although it was a seasonal position, I wished i could've stayed on. Our manager and team lead treated the temporary staff as though we were part of the permanent team, that made us feel very welcome and appreciated.
Pros
Group lunches when time permitted
Cons
I wished as a temp, we had better opportunity to join the permanent team
aamc
Client and Technical Support Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  655 k st washington dc nwDecember 6, 2017
what I learned
Rate this company*required
Overall rating*
Job Cultureh
Dont make the same mistake I did
IT (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCOctober 26, 2017
I came her under the impression it would be good for my career.I regret it because it is like the titanic team is sinking horrible culture think twice
Pros
Good pay 7 hour workday if lucky
Cons
Culture, teamwork lacking, balance
Friendly competition
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
Compare how many calls and emails that my friends have during the day and if you are ahead you don't want to be leave the first place spot, so you would try harder to keep it.
Good company to work with
Senior UI Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001October 9, 2017
Nice work and the environment is good. Their benefits are good compared to the standard market. It is located in a place where you can easily commute by metro.
overall work place.
Services Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2017
WORST PLACE TO WORK! I wouldn't advise anyone to work at this place. Management is horrible and underqualified, no raises for the job well done, the lazy people go the furthest while the hardworking people are overall looked.
Pros
Cons
long hours, underpaid, horrible managers.
Very therall training
Virtual Event Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  655 K Street, NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC, 20001August 16, 2017
-Overall a pleasant organization to work for and learn a new set of skills.

-Very demanding workload.

-Pleasant coworkers and work environment.

-Great location.
Cons
Unrealistic goals set by management for contract employees.
Pros and Cons
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2017
It is a well respected association with some managerial issues that it continues to improve upon. Salaries are heavy at the top but advancement is hard to achieve because of the political climate. The work is rewarding and of high-quality.
Pros
Educational reimbursement
Cons
Maternity leave
wrong work place show should be Anne Arundel Medical Center
Surgical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 14, 2017
worked in surgeons office and on a general surgical unit loved both but my husband and I moved back to New England so I had to leave the organization.
Enjoyable Time
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the patients. I get opportunity to make someones day better. You just never know what people are going through. I love to help people I have such a big heart.
Company went from caring about their employees to not caring after purchasing a new building and losing their non-profit status.
Applicant Relation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work required constant prioritizing. The training is information passed on by people not qualified to do so. The hardest part of the job was receiving to then give correct information. The information changed and was given to twitter, we started learning from the callers or accessing twitter.
Pros
Poor Management
Benefits
n/a
N/a (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2017
I learned a lot in this role. Professional development was a priority with this organization.

I would recommend this working here.

There is a lot of bureaucracy.
General work environment
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 19, 2017
Work load depends on season openings (twice a year) which cause extremely heavy work for a few month related. Full time employee has good benefits and vacation plan.
Great work life balance
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2017
Its a company that fosters growth and learning while providing a balanced work life.
Its a well organized organization with clear objectives and vision.
Great people
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2017
I have worked at AAMC for a long time. The people are great and the benefits are excellent. It's a great place to work. Very customer oriented business.
Toxic environment, poor management and culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
Great place for young people to intern and get started; possibly a good place for people from academia -- people who want to do research and come up with reports that no one will read. HR there is completely ineffective - as they see who the horrible directors are, they hear the same things in the exit interviews, but those senior level staff stay on. People say it depends on what department you work in. That's true. The one I worked in was the most dysfunctional department -- nasty, backstabbing, duplicitous people. And the management treated their subordinates so horribly, with such disrespect.
Non-profit healthcare higher education organization
Enterprise Database Services, Mgr (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 10, 2016
Important organization for medical healthcare education. First time I'd ever worked for a non-profit organization. Originally a consultant, then converted to a full time employee. What I originally thought would be a short term contract ended up becoming a 15 year job.
Pros
Employee commitment to the mission
Cons
Commute
Fun place to start and grow with a career
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2016
Exp was great. Gladly recommend this job to anyone in help desk. Great people warm and happy place beautiful building. Make your own coffee.
Pros
kitchen, rooftop, location
Best place to work in terms of technology and people are very friendly and helpful.
Lead Software developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2016
Best place to choose in terms of work ethics, very professional staff. I have learnt lot of new skills related to front-end, content management and mobile technology. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The commute from Ashburn to DC was the only problem. They are flexible in terms of giving work from home.
Pros
New technologies and friendly co-workers.
Cons
long commute for the people coming from Nothern Virginia.
Overall good company with difficult HR department
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2016
Ive really enjoyed my time at the AAMC, but have been frustrated with the HR departments unwillingness to move quickly on new hires or promotions.
Pros
Likeminded coworkers, open-door policy
Cons
open office environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Association of American Medical Colleges. Our community is ready to answer.

Association of American Medical Colleges Reviews by Location