Association of American Medical Colleges

Association of American Medical Colleges Employee Reviews

Very therall training
Virtual Event Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  655 K Street, NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC, 20001August 16, 2017
-Overall a pleasant organization to work for and learn a new set of skills.

-Very demanding workload.

-Pleasant coworkers and work environment.

-Great location.
Cons
Unrealistic goals set by management for contract employees.
Pros and Cons
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2017
It is a well respected association with some managerial issues that it continues to improve upon. Salaries are heavy at the top but advancement is hard to achieve because of the political climate. The work is rewarding and of high-quality.
Pros
Educational reimbursement
Cons
Maternity leave
wrong work place show should be Anne Arundel Medical Center
Surgical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 14, 2017
worked in surgeons office and on a general surgical unit loved both but my husband and I moved back to New England so I had to leave the organization.
Enjoyable Time
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with the patients. I get opportunity to make someones day better. You just never know what people are going through. I love to help people I have such a big heart.
Company went from caring about their employees to not caring after purchasing a new building and losing their non-profit status.
Applicant Relation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work required constant prioritizing. The training is information passed on by people not qualified to do so. The hardest part of the job was receiving to then give correct information. The information changed and was given to twitter, we started learning from the callers or accessing twitter.
Pros
Poor Management
Benefits
n/a
N/a (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2017
I learned a lot in this role. Professional development was a priority with this organization.

I would recommend this working here.

There is a lot of bureaucracy.
General work environment
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 19, 2017
Work load depends on season openings (twice a year) which cause extremely heavy work for a few month related. Full time employee has good benefits and vacation plan.
Great work life balance
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2017
Its a company that fosters growth and learning while providing a balanced work life.
Its a well organized organization with clear objectives and vision.
Great people
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2017
I have worked at AAMC for a long time. The people are great and the benefits are excellent. It's a great place to work. Very customer oriented business.
Toxic environment, poor management and culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
Great place for young people to intern and get started; possibly a good place for people from academia -- people who want to do research and come up with reports that no one will read. HR there is completely ineffective - as they see who the horrible directors are, they hear the same things in the exit interviews, but those senior level staff stay on. People say it depends on what department you work in. That's true. The one I worked in was the most dysfunctional department -- nasty, backstabbing, duplicitous people. And the management treated their subordinates so horribly, with such disrespect.
Non-profit healthcare higher education organization
Enterprise Database Services, Mgr (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 10, 2016
Important organization for medical healthcare education. First time I'd ever worked for a non-profit organization. Originally a consultant, then converted to a full time employee. What I originally thought would be a short term contract ended up becoming a 15 year job.
Pros
Employee commitment to the mission
Cons
Commute
Busy workplace
Documentation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20037July 8, 2016
I concentrated on the workplace documentation, answering phones and booklets concerning information for medical students. I learned how to work with seven units and three managers in the department. I got along with and provided work desk assistance to some people in the department. The most difficult aspect of this position was the constant turnover of documentation. The most enjoyable were the in-house classes.
Pros
In-house classes
Cons
Our move from the Dupont Circle are to the edges of Georgetown
Fun place to start and grow with a career
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2016
Exp was great. Gladly recommend this job to anyone in help desk. Great people warm and happy place beautiful building. Make your own coffee.
Pros
kitchen, rooftop, location
Best place to work in terms of technology and people are very friendly and helpful.
Lead Software developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2016
Best place to choose in terms of work ethics, very professional staff. I have learnt lot of new skills related to front-end, content management and mobile technology. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The commute from Ashburn to DC was the only problem. They are flexible in terms of giving work from home.
Pros
New technologies and friendly co-workers.
Cons
long commute for the people coming from Nothern Virginia.
Overall good company with difficult HR department
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2016
Ive really enjoyed my time at the AAMC, but have been frustrated with the HR departments unwillingness to move quickly on new hires or promotions.
Pros
Likeminded coworkers, open-door policy
Cons
open office environment
Smart, Friendly Colleagues, Great Pay
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2016
I've worked with AAMC for a total of 8 years and overall I am happy. A typical day at work is fast pace, challenging and most of all very rewarding. I have a wonderful manager who is super supportive, flexible and down to earth. Overall, my colleagues are friendly and easy going.
Pros
Onsite parking, generous benefits plan
Aamc
Document Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2015
Been temping here for years. Great place to work. The staff is amazing. The managers deffintely takes a interest in their employees and works well with them to help them develop professionally.
Good Place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2015
Good Place to work and a place to learn. Good Co-workers Most enjoyable Good management Fun and exciting work, The AAMC serves and leads the academic medicine community to improve the health of all.
Mission of work is rewarding
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2015
A rewarding place to work, with a mission to improve health care of all. The best part about working there is the people, some very smart and talented people work at the AAMC.
Pros
Benefits are great, pay is good, mission is rewarding
Cons
Open office space makes for a sometimes hard culture
See website
Temp The Midtown Group (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 21, 2015
Temp assignment for the summer. Was a cool place to work for a temp assignment only. I could not see myself processing applications on a regular basis.
Pros
Nothing. Was a temp
Cons
Micro management to the max

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Association of American Medical Colleges. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2