The Membership Assistant is responsible for assisting with various membership tasks and projects as assigned on a national and international level. These tasks include assisting Vice President with preparation for meetings and conference calls, scheduling and travel, updating member information, entering prospective members into the association database, and processing membership requests.
1. Assist the division Vice President with preparation and follow up from meetings and conference calls including call and meeting logistics, scheduling of appointments, conference calls and events.
2. Maintain VP calendar and scheduling of meetings.
3. Make hotel and travel arrangements, process expense reports and other bills as needed internationally.
4. Conduct research and collect background information as needed for VP meetings.
5. Prepare follow up letters and packages to members, potential members as needed.
6. Process returned member mail or undeliverable emails. Contact members requesting correct information and update address information as it is received or noted on the returned mail.
7. Add prospects and new members to the Membership database based on assignments received by membership department.
8. Responsible for completing quarterly staff call reports, which monitors the members’ overall impression/participation in ACC.
9. Respond to various requests from global members through phone
10. Generate and send individual invoices as needed.
11. Process bank changes by updating member information noted on invoices
and contacting members about credit card declines and invalid credit card
12. Other tasks as assigned by supervisors.
Education: College student or graduate.
Work Experience: 1-3 years of previous office experience. Experience traveling, and working outside of the U.S. a plus.
Skills: Fluent in English, second language preferred. Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask. Superior customer service skills. Good oral and written communication skills. Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of the Internet. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Capabilities: Demonstrated ability to deal well with people in representing an organization; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks; highly organized.