Assurant Specialty Property

Assurant Specialty Property United States Employee Reviews

position sucked
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 23, 2015
If you are all about change and respecting your workforce, do not work for Assurant. They do not care about the little person, just do more work. It is not right and I stood up for myself and my team and here we are.
Employees are nice
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 22, 2015
Cons: No room for advancement, production environment -meet a kpi quota daily
No room for adavancement
A production evironment
The employees are nice
Learned how to process home owners insurance premiums
Loss drafts and insurance claims
Loss Drafts Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, OhioApril 15, 2015
Pros: Schedule, Co-workers, Salary.
I assisted homeowners in handling insurance claims and the rebuild of their property. This involved contacting insurance companies, construction companies, and various public adjusters to help the rebuild. I was also in charge of disbursing insurance funds to the appropriate company. I learned so much about how the loss drafts process works, and learned how to manage an upset homeowner while assisting the repairs. I loved working with my team and helping fix the lives that were damaged. The hardest part of my job was hearing the many stories of tragic losses. The most enjoyable part of my job being able to help put their lives back together. I was able to help rebuild their homes, and help everything going back to normal. Hearing a homeowner is able to return home, and having them thank you for your help is worth every minute.
Productive and understanding work place.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: great outside area for breaks and oasis, cafe food is very good, people are very nice
Cons: Sitting down all day, quick breaks, meetings and huddles always cancelled.
Typical day at work
- Answering calls and calling to insurance carriers/ agents to update and make payment for insurance policies.
- Issuing letters to the customer or making calls out to obtain authorizations and advise of any problems on the account.
- Processing documents for insurance, claims and also taking calls for claims.
-Two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute or 60 minute lunch depending on schedule.
- Management is nice but not always available and if you ask two people one question you will probably have two different answers, Also meetings and huddles got cancelled often.
- Hardest part of the job, stress of taking calls for upset customers, not being able to do more for customers and not feeling like you do enough even if you exceed set expectations for the company or customer.
- I loved helping others and knowing that I was good at what I was doing, I felt very confident on every call that I was going to help every person I spoke with by the end of the call and would do everything in my power to take care of any problems on their account before ending the call.
Downsizing has hit company hard
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Springfield, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Beautiful site, friendly working staff, nice hardware.
Cons: Benefits, job security, communication
Downsizing has affected this company drastically. Sad to see so many good employees let go. Hopefully, things improve.
Great company overall
Customer care specialist/Processor (Former Employee), Springfield, OHApril 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
great benefits and productive work environment. Flexible with working with others schedules. Amazing Co-workers makes work better and positive. Management doesn't compromise.
Repetitive work
Hazard Insurance Specialist - Check Recon (Former Employee), Springfield, OHApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work was very repetitive. Verifying information on scanned documents and forwarding through the system to be finalized electronically.
Productive place to work.
Processing Specialist II (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 1, 2015
Typically review and process home owner information for insurance. I have learned processing techniques for different clients, and the management staff is very helpful. I work with a diverse group of co-workers. The job is really not hard, and the most difficult part is the change, but that is to be expected.
For an office job, this company is excellent
Escrow Analyst Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, above average time off and benefits
Cons: your voice carries little weight, not much room for advancement
I've worked for ten years here and only left because advancement is almost non-existent and once you get to a certain point with your raises you barely receive any more at all.
Workplace is average.. can be mediocre and stressful
Account Supervisor (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: offer opportunity to work from home
Cons: micro management environment
Constant changes which isn't bad but the morale in the company is at an all time low.

Good company to work for overall. Pay is average. room for growth can depend on who you know not what you know.
Learning something new each day
SR Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: incentives that are offered and the activities that are planned
Cons: changes everyday
High call volume busy, learned processing, Insurance claims, how to train other employees co-workers are easy to get along pleasant never had a problem with anyone. Hardest part of the job is unable to assist the customer. Most enjoyable part of my job is assisting others, and being a party of the Employee Activity Committee planning activities for employees.
Wonderful Environment
Wells Fargo Senior Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits and education
Cons: spending time improving your call experiences
Assurant is a wonderful place to work. There is plenty of room to move up with in the company. The company provides so much appreciation for their employees year round. I have been educated on matters of mortgage and insurance. I have become knowledgeable on how to handle difficult situations. I have strengthened my ability to communicate effectively with others. Co-workers are always helpful and push others to exceed. The hardest part of the job is finding time to complete reviews when your main focus is to service the callers. I enjoy working at Assurant because of the wonderful customers and the compliments about the service provided.
Professional Atmosphere with ambitious team members
Customer Care & Escrow Specalist (Current Employee), Springfield, OhioMarch 10, 2015
This is an amazing company to work for. I was able to train for multiple skills in a professional environment. I enjoyed my position the company just does not have the room or availability for advancement or schedule that I desire.
Great Company
Customer Care Specialist- (Former Employee), Springfield, OHMarch 10, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Great company, great people and progressive mind-set. Aware of current work trends and open-minded environment. Has computers in the cafe's to allow workers to browse the web during breaks.
Wonderful Company to work for,Management is Good,Pay can be on the low end depending on the particular department and position held,decent benefits.
Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free healthcare for single employee's, low cost healthcare for families, generous paid time off given at the start of the year, work from home opportunities, great environment, great management
Cons: pay is on the lower end, healthcare benefits are not the best ad have high out of pocket deductibles, may be subjected to working late hours until 8-10 pm if that is your required shift, some favoritism shown depending on manager of team
Assurant Specialty Property is a "Great Place" to work!
I worked For Assurant for 4 years and enjoyed most of my time there. Management is Wonderful and cares about you advancing with the company. There is job security there as Assurant is a very stable company with multiple locations in many cities, states and countries. If you are career driven and want to work for a great company with many opportunities for growth, then you will certainly like working for Assurant. I worked in the call center in Duluth, GA in a loss draft position for multiple residential mortgage lenders who outsourced their insurance-escrow accounts depts and property damage claims depts to Assurant. I grew bored in the position and stopped applying myself, which is not a reflection on the company but rather personal. Pay raises were based on performance and maxed out at 4%. Year end bonuses were given a week or two before Christmas based on how the company performed that year and maxes out at $750 which is taxed. There is room for growth within the call center as well as with the company, the call center started to send people home to work which is a good thing.
Over all I would work for Assurant again, but not in the call center.
The Director of the call center is approachable but sometimes detached and not really involved with the day to day interactions of associates. There is a high priority placed on the needs of the business, which there should be; however there is very little thought or care coming from the decision makers when it comes to employee schedules, schedules can and will change with notice, but may not be accommodating to ones personal scheduling needs, there can be inflexibility in those regards and leaves one to decide to continue in their position or leave the department if applicable or the company altogether.
Over all my experience was pleasant with Assurant,I learned a lot and grew professionally in part due to their high standards and quality.
Assurant Specialty Property
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 5, 2015
Assurant is a good company overall... I would say it really depends on who your Manager is, and also the quality of your work when it comes to compensation and job advancement. I've learned how to be really flexible and how to adjust to change working at Assurant. I would love to advance within the company, but that does not seem to be much of an option at this time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is assisting Customers and resolving the issues they call in about. The hardest part of the job is effectively assisting the Customer when the issue calls for follow up or research to be done after the call has ended, when there is a lack of time available due to service level. I have always had good personal experiences with my Co-Workers and Management. From a business side, I have not always felt as though Management was up to par and I've felt slighted at times as it relates to compensation based on my performance.
N/A
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 5, 2015
Company review is a well balance company and many things to learn . from Escrow account to taxes and insurance information.
Great company...Poor leadership
Research Specialist-Flood Compliance (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 16, 2015
The company is solid and the industry is recession proof, however the management team is a joke! One of the core values is to protect the core but it's more like throw each other under the bus to keep your job! Management refuses to offer training for the moving target and ever changing client procedures processing reps have to follow and the quality department is obviously getting kick backs to make processors look like they do not know their job. The place is less than professional and I would not refer my dog! I think that there is definitely potential if the archaic and grandfathered management team were wiped clean and new, professional and experienced managers replaced them.
Good company
Functional Associate II- Teleworker (Former Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: no room for advancement or job security
My experience at Assurant Specialty Property was enjoyable. A typical work day for me included many daily, monthly and adhoc reports, planning and coordinating events and supplies. The atmosphere was pleasant and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I enjoyed the position I had and am very grateful I had the opportunity to work for Assurant.
Productive place to work.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), springfield, ohFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: gaining lots of experience
Cons: remote locations
Awesome company! I have held several differences positions with this company. Therefore have had endless opportunities, advancements, all while attaining education and experience. Assurant is the reason for my career growth.

1 2 3 4 5