Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

Fortune 500 company that cares about customers, employee and stakeholders.
Customer Care Project Lead (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Working for a company that truly cares and respects its employees.
Cons: Unstable job with the impact of Health Care Refom
I work with a great team of professionals in a fast pasted, changing environment. Representing the Customer Care Center on project for Affordable Care Act, changing plan portfolio and internal procedures.

Customer care is key to business today. Reviewing updates/changes from the business, customers and agents point of view. I find great satisfaction at proving solutions that benefit all impacted.

Assurant Health has an exceptional leadership team with a focus on employee quality of life, career development and career goals.
A positive place to work for and the people were always helping one another
CSR 1 (Former Employee), Albany, ORMay 20, 2015
A typical work day would have me at my desk about 5 minutes early to log into my systems and getting my station set up. I would leave when my shift was completed and some times stay after if I had to complete a call. The management team was supportive and friendly they would do what was needed to see we meet our goals. The hardest part of the job was being let go from my position. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was constantly learning.
Very productive
Hazard Insurance Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMay 19, 2015
This is a nice and enjoyable place to work. I enjoy working with others. The easiest part of the job is and data entry. The most difficult part of the job is trying to obtain verbal information for a homeowners policy.
Great Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Great people, Hours, learned a lot I was allowed to work freely. Not sure what else to say left to get experience in the cooperate world.
great company
Case Manager Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2015
great work atmosphere, great people to work with
there are challenges but it is attainable

love everyone there they are so nice
Very productive and detailed oriented position
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMay 15, 2015
A typical work day is very hectic and fast paced. The position that i currently hold is very detailed oriented and requires a lot of emailing.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth GaMay 14, 2015
Sometimes things are very chaotic
Sometimes communication can be a factor
Many times stressful situations lead the day
Awesome Job
Regional Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2015
I have loved this job since Day 1. Unfortunately the company cannot survice in today's ACA environment so that is why I am back out in the market. I am enjoyed sales immensely and want to continue my career in the insurance sales market.

thank you.
Best warranty company
Consumer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 13, 2015
Long hours. Great workload. Management is helpful. Nothing hard about the job. Co-workers are friendly and teamwork is strong. I have learned to build my outstanding customer service skills.
Productive and open for growth!
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2015
Very good environment and great company to work for! A lot of room for growth and improvements in any position. The people are also very friendly and looking to help at any time you need. Great experience!
Was a great company to work for
Software Engineer/Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: unstable industry
I've been with the company for 20+ years and have established relationships with people that I will always cherish. My department is like a family to me. I loved my job and life at this company. It has taught me valuable skills as a Business Analyst including collaborating with others as I got to work with may different areas throughout the company over my time here.
Good Overall Company
Actuarial forecasting analyst, (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2015
This is a very solid company to work for. The atmosphere is laid back and everyone is very friendly and helpful. I feel very valued and respected from my peers. I have also learned a great amount of knowledge, both technical and market specific.
Fun place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawton OKMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working here alot. The Managers were very helpful in helping me find applicants.. Good benefits and friendly people
Worked as an Intern
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
I was hired as an intern and really liked the company and employees there. I learned a lot and worked as hard as I could but there was a new CIO and it took time to determine the org chart. I took another opportunity after several months.
this place sucks
Quality Control Underwriter (Former Employee), IndianapolisMay 8, 2015
Pros: the day i left
Cons: micromanaging clueless leadership...treat people horribly for years
I worked here for five years..i got 50 cents in raises while working here...always had good reviews...the management is a bunch of condescending pricks who have their heads up their posterior...run away...run away
Would love to stay but exiting the market
Small Group Sales Representative (Current Employee), MIMay 7, 2015
Great company to work for and great people.

Work hard / play hard

Great perks - wish the ride wasn't over however they are sadly exiting the health market due to Obamacare.
Challenging atmosphere
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2015
A typical day in the call center is pretty routine. You know you will be sitting at a desk and answering telephone calls unless you are on an authorized break or lunch. However, there is no such thing as a routine call. I learned how to be patient and really take the time to listen to the callers needs or concerns. I try to summarize to the caller what I believe their needs are just to make sure we have the same understanding. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I have really answered all of the customer's questions.
Family oriented
Hazard Insurance Specialist II (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
A typical day consist of checking all emails, opening up my call queue for inspections to order, contact any customers that need to be contacted. Assist co-workers with any overloaded task. Open inbound mail and distribute mail to the correct person. It was a pleasure to work for Assurant. Great Supervisors and managers that help you achieve excellence. The training process was very informative. Once placed in the position to deal with live customers, it wasn't very hard to catch on. The hardest part of my job were having to listen to customer cry on the other line. My most enjoyable part of my job, was knowing that a customer has been helped and satisfied with his/her outcome.
Great Company
Project Leader (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great people, on-site cafeteria
Cons: Business is dissolving
The company has competitive salaries, decent benefits, and overall treated employees pretty great. The people are pretty fantastic! It's too bad the company wasn't able to survive with all of the Health Care Reform changes. It truly was a great place to work.
Mainframe professional with 5 and half years of experience
Sr Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 5, 2015
Its a good place to work. Here I got to learn lot of new things in my life. Very encouraging culture and fun to work. Please to work with co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more

Assurant Salaries