Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

Great Job
Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 2, 2016
Great Company. Started working here when I was 16. Great starter job and there is a lot of room to grow within the company. I worked with some great people over the years
Nice workplace
Risk Adjuster (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 2, 2016
Very good company to work for. I will be getting laid-off soon after 15 years because company is going out of business. However, my overall experience with Assurant Health has been a positive one. I love the fact that I have been able to work from home over the last few years. I will miss working for them.
Pros
Work-at-home positions
Cons
Closing
Great Company
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2016
Assurant is a great company. I love my job, and feel appreciated by management. My manager is flexible, easy to work for, and assists in my personal growth. The environment is friendly. The people are great. I can't say enough good things about the company.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
The pay is less compared to other insurance companies, and the company offers fewer perks. Still a wonderful place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Escrow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Great coworkers,great customer service office and great food and no job security.I love the environment and the job location.
Assurant was a great company to work for.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 30, 2016
The work culture as Assurant was great. It is unfortunate that the company will be closing after 110+ years of service. company offers flexible hours.
quality customer service auditor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 27, 2016
I don't have anything to add to this. Nice people, good location. Grateful for my 16 years plus at this company. That is all.
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2016
Specializing in providing extended service contracts and other risk management solutions.
Provide a wide range of products that protect appliances, electronic devices, mobile phones
Provide an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal clientele.
International Web Services Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2016
A good place to work and to learn more about various types of specialty insurances. Excellent cafeteria. Well situated in Northern Atlanta.
Insurance Processor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Working for Assurant during the 10 years I was there was educational. The environment encourage self growth through educational and training opportunities. The staff and benefit package is additional bonuses.
Assurant
Enterprise Monitoring Analyst/Computer Ops Intern (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 18, 2016
OK. Needs to have management on all levels on the same page. Too much politics

They pile a lot on one group and staffing is questionable
Hate it! Terrible for Breastfeeding moms!
help desk technical support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2016
I worked at Assurant for two months before I quit. They have a terrible environment for breastfeeding moms. I had 2 breaks of 15 minutes to pump, and I had to go to the nearest restroom to pump because I was penalized if it took more than those 15 minutes. What mom can pump in 15 min???.The stressful environment of a call center and the way that they handle it was a nightmare. They didn't follow the Affordable Care Act that support breastfeeding moms.
Productive workplace and teamwork
Individual Medical Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 17, 2016
The first thing in the morning I would check my pending list and work that. Then I would work my list assignments or any priority requests I have received while taking agent/customer calls. I learned to prioritize my work and be organized. I also learned how to underwrite many different products i.e individual medical, Supplemental products such as Dental, Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer/Heart and Stroke. As of 2014 I Metallic plans with eligibility and Qualifying life Events came out and I also worked on inforce applications i.e coverage changes, reinstatements, requests to remove exclusion riders and ratings. I really love the challenge of learning something new and all the changes with the new product lines.
Pros
work at home partime, flexible work schedule
Cons
Due to the Affordable Care Act the company is in the process of closing
Very boring
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Very hard not to fall asleep there lol. Just wasn't for me. I admire those people who can actually stay awake there and do that on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun place to work at, extremely easy work
Material Processor (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day at work consists of sitting for 10 hours and basically processing shipped or broken phones into C Vision and packaging them up and putting into boxes. Supervisors are not really good at there job when you ask for help they take a long time getting back to you other than that the co workers are all very nice.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Interesting workplace
Material Processor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day at work for me is to maintain focus and to work efficiently. I also make sure that I follow all guidelines and rules. I complete my assignments in a timely manner. I have learned how to work with others and the responsibilities of a material processor. The management team are excellent leaders. The management team are extremely helpful when it comes to answering questions and resolving issues. I enjoy working with my co-workers we work well as a team. There isn't a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I'm having a productive day and that I'm accomplishing the goal for that day.
Who you know
Sr. Procesing Specialists (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 14, 2016
It is a who you know environment for promotions. The company is great to work for, management lacks the core values that Assurant strives for. Many incentives given by the company such as tuition assistance and pensions. Management needs to be highly screened.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
slow promotional growth
was real good to work
HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2016
every one was real good to work fro and the job was real easy the company would do just everything to help us
every one was real happy to work there
Pros
different schudlers
Cons
easy work to do
Excellent
Pharmacy Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 5, 2016
This was by far the best job, I have ever obtained. I've learned so much that I can utilize in the future. I have gained more insight of the insurance aspect of pharmacy.
A great place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work. 18-20 staff members, including 3 Account Managers, Regional Sales Manager, 14 Sales Reps. Every morning I come on and brew two pots of coffee, turn on computers, logon in to my Outlook , start my day. communicate directly with Brokers and Clients. Correspond to emails and assist Sale Reps and Account Managers
Pros
Lunch provided sometimes
Cons
paid high price for my medical and not enough pay
very productive and fast moving. learn multiple jobs
Insurance Loss Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 4, 2016
a typical day at work I would take incoming calls from insurance clients that had filed claims on their homes. I would help them threw the repairs steps and getting their claim checks. I also processed claim checks
Pros
great pay and friendly people
Cons
worked alot of overtime missed my babies