Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

Easy
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 4, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Calls Back to Back
log in take calls back to back about dental claims
best part of the job is co workers,
nice facility,
work from home capabilities
Consistent workflow
Material Handler (Former Employee), York, PAJune 1, 2015
Typical warehouse duties shipped and processing cell phones into the system to get shipped out to be refurbished phones. I learned to work at a very fast-pace flow and how to multi-task with numerous duties. The management was fair but they needed to do better with showing recognition to the employee's hard work.
Great benefits
Customer Solutions Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2015
Assurant offers wonderful benefits to its employees and has a great culture to work for. Hopefully Assurant will be purchased and employees will get to keep their jobs.
Nice
Customer Service (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2015
It is a nice company to work for. The cafe staff is super nice & funny. I am very glad I had the opportunity this company work with company.
Overall a great place to work!
Customer Care/Resolution/Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great people, environment, management
Cons: Benefits, advancement, pay
I truly enjoy working at Assurant. The environment, culture, and people I work with are amazing. It has been my favorite job to date, but sadly, it is not one that will allow for advancement, which is what I need at this point in my life.

I would definitely recommend it as a gateway into customer service.
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2015
Assurant is for sale or closing. Not much opportunity for advancement at this point and that is the only reason I accepted the position.
Job was a good fit for a while
Quality Inspector I (Current Employee), York, PAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Sometimes we'd be treated to a free lunch or extended company paid lunch, healthcare is offered from day one, you get paid for the weeks you are currently working.
Cons: The parking lot at shift end is a nightmare.
The job is fast paced and management requires that quotas be met daily while maintaining a quality product. It is a good place to work if you don't look for advancement. Most of the co-workers were nice but there are always some that have foul mouths as you will have with any type of factory work. The most difficult part of the job is the hours 5 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 4 days a week with some mandatory overtime on the weekend. It was probably the most strict place regarding clocking in and out I have ever worked in my adult life and getting an occurrence for calling off sick while they took your paid time off never sat well with me.
Fortune 500 company that cares about customers, employee and stakeholders.
Customer Care Project Lead (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Working for a company that truly cares and respects its employees.
Cons: Unstable job with the impact of Health Care Refom
I work with a great team of professionals in a fast pasted, changing environment. Representing the Customer Care Center on project for Affordable Care Act, changing plan portfolio and internal procedures.

Customer care is key to business today. Reviewing updates/changes from the business, customers and agents point of view. I find great satisfaction at proving solutions that benefit all impacted.

Assurant Health has an exceptional leadership team with a focus on employee quality of life, career development and career goals.
A positive place to work for and the people were always helping one another
CSR 1 (Former Employee), Albany, ORMay 20, 2015
A typical work day would have me at my desk about 5 minutes early to log into my systems and getting my station set up. I would leave when my shift was completed and some times stay after if I had to complete a call. The management team was supportive and friendly they would do what was needed to see we meet our goals. The hardest part of the job was being let go from my position. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was constantly learning.
Very productive
Hazard Insurance Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMay 19, 2015
This is a nice and enjoyable place to work. I enjoy working with others. The easiest part of the job is and data entry. The most difficult part of the job is trying to obtain verbal information for a homeowners policy.
Great Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Great people, Hours, learned a lot I was allowed to work freely. Not sure what else to say left to get experience in the cooperate world.
great company
Case Manager Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2015
great work atmosphere, great people to work with
there are challenges but it is attainable

love everyone there they are so nice
Very productive and detailed oriented position
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMay 15, 2015
A typical work day is very hectic and fast paced. The position that i currently hold is very detailed oriented and requires a lot of emailing.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth GaMay 14, 2015
Sometimes things are very chaotic
Sometimes communication can be a factor
Many times stressful situations lead the day
Awesome Job
Regional Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2015
I have loved this job since Day 1. Unfortunately the company cannot survice in today's ACA environment so that is why I am back out in the market. I am enjoyed sales immensely and want to continue my career in the insurance sales market.

thank you.
Best warranty company
Consumer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 13, 2015
Long hours. Great workload. Management is helpful. Nothing hard about the job. Co-workers are friendly and teamwork is strong. I have learned to build my outstanding customer service skills.
Productive and open for growth!
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2015
Very good environment and great company to work for! A lot of room for growth and improvements in any position. The people are also very friendly and looking to help at any time you need. Great experience!
Was a great company to work for
Software Engineer/Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: unstable industry
I've been with the company for 20+ years and have established relationships with people that I will always cherish. My department is like a family to me. I loved my job and life at this company. It has taught me valuable skills as a Business Analyst including collaborating with others as I got to work with may different areas throughout the company over my time here.
Good Overall Company
Actuarial forecasting analyst, (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2015
This is a very solid company to work for. The atmosphere is laid back and everyone is very friendly and helpful. I feel very valued and respected from my peers. I have also learned a great amount of knowledge, both technical and market specific.
Fun place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawton OKMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working here alot. The Managers were very helpful in helping me find applicants.. Good benefits and friendly people

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more

Assurant Salaries