Assurant Employee Reviews in United States

If you absolutely have no other options
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2016
If you absolutely have no other options then this is a great company. Management, communication and compensation is poor. Nothing good here unless you are just starting your career and need some resume padding
Pros
Work from home options
Cons
too many to list
FEMA Flood Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 30, 2016
As a very busy Underwriter it is a very upbeat place to work. I learned so much about the FEMA Flood Program and was able to obtain my ANFI Certificate.
productive work environment with excellent benefit package
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2016
challenging workplace with focus on production while maintaining high quality where reviewing claims according to policy and correct coding guidelines using on line documentation, current CPT and ICD manuals. Required to management overrides and work well in a team environment.
the most challenging part of the job is reviewing operative reports and understanding when procedures that bundle are ok to allow as a separate service.
the most enjoyable is the interaction with co workers and how much we helped one another
Pros
the employee appreciation functions both in and out of the office
Cons
occasional system issues
Cafe and gift shop store with variety of snacks
Insurance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2016
a typical work day includes taking about 50-85 calls a day

learned different types of insurance offered, insurance lingo
coworkers are professional, courteous, and friendly

hardest part of the job are the irate customers on the other end of the telephone

most enjoyable part of the day are the 1 hour lunch period
Pros
two 15 mins lunches, direct deposit, pays on time
Cons
paid on 15th and last day of month; advancement delays;
Uncertain Management
Hazard Insurance Processor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 29, 2016
Assurant is a company listed on the Fortune 500. It provides the benefits that big companies have. It has health and dental insurance. The teams have about 10 people same rank doing the job you do. Unfortunately, the quality of Team leads and Unit managers is very uncertain. I have served under many in the near 10 year of experience with the company. This company can be a positive experience, but it can also be a tough one.
Pros
Work from home oppotunties, at center cafe, free coffee
Cons
unqualifed management
Great place to work!
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 29, 2016
Unfortunately Company is going through cost savings era. They have reduced their workforce and cut benefits. Overall good place to work!
two sides to every coin
Field Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2016
The hardest part of the job has been completing inspections and reports to meet my high standards, but still meet company quota demands. It can be difficult to walk away from the office when the office is in your home. However, being based out of my home has also allowed for flexibility in scheduling personal commitments around my work schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
changing management and company philosophy
Just say no
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
I would not work here again. It's a great job if you are in need and are trying to get back on your feet and looking for other work. It's not a long term option.
Pros
I'm sure if I think I can come up with something
Cons
Lack of value to employees
A good learning experience.
Customer Solutions Coach (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2016
Assurant was a good company overall. The work hours were flexible, Work From Home, Relocation, Part Time, Flex Time were all good options and very accommodating. During the time I was there, I obtained my Associates and Bachelor degree as well as my Agent license. All of which were reimbursed by Assurant at a minimum of 50%. Management was average. They hired a lot of Mid-Management based on who they liked rather than experience, knowledge of the job or education. My Co-workers, for the most part, long-term,loyal,hardworking and friendly. The Hardest part of the job was dealing with favoritism in the hiring process and getting over the learning curve of new management. Most enjoyable; Yearly bonus, strong benefits, company events, Work From Home, advancement opportunities.
Pros
Free coffee, Mother's room, on site cafe.
Cons
No free lunches, long term wait on attached parking.
Great Place to work
Health Underwrter (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 23, 2016
Assurant was a great place to work. I always feel like I matter. Management has always been upfront and has always strived to make a great place to work. They have always had additional learning skills for us and provided online seminars as well as hands on classes.

Sometimes in underwriting it was hard to make a decision but we had a full medical staff at our disposal to talk to regarding our thoughts.

The most enjoyable was the atmosphere, they encouraged interaction with my co-workers which provided an atmosphere of comfort and trust.

They also provided us with the ability to work at home, which personally has helped me in my production and it also helps relieve the stress of the job.
Pros
Benefits, atmosphere, family oriented
Assurant Solutions
Rapid Test Inspector (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 21, 2016
One Of The Best Warehouse Jobs In Central P.A, The Payroll System Is A Bit Of A Joke I Guess The Compensate Their Employees With Good Benefits And Being Appreciative Of Them , Supervisors Are Pretty Good Managers Are Great, I Loved The Job But It Could Have Been Better .
Pros
Benifits, Staff, Pay, Work
Cons
Payroll Mistakes, HR
No review
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 21, 2016
• Accountable for inbound communication with homeowners, contractors, and third parties regarding damages and repairs to properties.
• Requested home inspections, claim documents, check copies, as well as a host of other documents necessary for production and completion of property repairs and customer satisfaction.
• Excelled in the call center environment that is focused on quality customer care and experience.
about me
Sorter (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 17, 2016
I am a fast pace and hard worker.
I am also on time and like to work hard and a lot of hours
I am very friendly and like to make money put a lot of hours in during the week
Appreciative of the knowledge gained
Insurance Claims Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 17, 2016
I am very appreciative of the knowledge gained, but Assurant is currently going through an outsourcing initiative that has sent dozens of jobs to India with plans to send more.
Pros
Develpment and growth
Cons
Outsourcing
Great job to grow and learn with great employers.
Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 15, 2016
This is a great place to work.

Very fast paced and you work with a great bunch of individuals,

managers, co workers, clients ect.

The hardest part of the job would be to leave no room for errors.

The most enjoyable part of my job was succeeding in making quality and quantity work flow for the day.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Not many, just very exhausting sometimes.
relaxed environment
cell repair technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 14, 2016
Good co workers, but supervisors were very unprofessional. hardest part about this job was the quota that no one ever seemed to reach. unreasonable quota.
Pros
company is good, laid back
Cons
supervisors were unprofessinal, always changing rules day to day
employee driven
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 14, 2016
Love being able to work independently and management my own day to day work as to what is the best solution or process to get my job done . minimal supervisor but they are there when needed. Knowing what the company goal is so I can help reach it. Most valuable lesson learn is always keep an open mind and be positive because even if I'm not face to face with customer a tone can change your relationship with a client even if you didn't mean to set a bad tone.
This company used to be a good place to work
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 13, 2016
I started at this company approximately 8 years ago. During that time I needed a job so I started in Customer Service at a lower rate of pay that I was making at my previous job. I got a progression to a different department which started out okay.

About 4 years ago things started to change after new management started to come in and then from there every year the company started to go down. Management was not supportive. They were only concerned with their bottom line.

Production became unreal and was hard to keep up with. Eventually, they started laying people off due to production rates. I am thankful to have had a place to work but was unhappy with the job. Morale was at a all time low. I no longer work there since May of this year. My happiest moment was getting out of that place. It was toxic.
Pros
A job to go to and some nice people
Cons
Unrealistic Production goals and bad work environment
Fun environment, very laid back and rewarding
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at Assurant usually starts off with 30+ customer service calls for the first part of the morning regarding property taxes and Escrow accounts for Nation Star Mortgage. I was required to monitor Escrow accounts for clients and help them resolve any issues that could potentially compromise their homes. Manage was very understanding an helpful when it came to a problem I could not resolve on my own. Co-workers were fun and helpful as well. The hardest part of the job was the rude customers at times and the customers the were about to lose their homes and I couldn't do anything to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the incentives we would receive for good customer service and the free lunch every Monday.
Pros
The fun games and treats during the holidays, steady work hours, learning a lot about owning a home and having a mortgage
Cons
getting yelled at by customers, having to take breaks and lunches when you are told
I really enjoyed my job!
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 6, 2016
Unfortunately our part of the company is closing but prior to that, I enjoyed my employment for 11 years. They had great benefits with really good compensation. My supervisors were supportive with my personal growth and education and the company also provided educational reimbursement when I went back to school.

Sad to see my position and all our wonderful people across the USA losing their jobs.