Assurant

Assurant Employer Reviews

Stressful
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: poor management, no flexibility, quotas
After only having 3 weeks of training for position due to trainer being sick, we were still expected to take calls like seasoned pros after 1 month. The pay matched the job difficulty, so no complaints there, but expectations for performance was ridiculous.
Really enjoy the atmosphere
Material Processor (Former Employee), York, PANovember 3, 2014
The managers work well with the employees to ensure that there work needs are met.
Positive & Supportive Environment
Customer Service-Call Center (Former Employee), Albany, OROctober 31, 2014
Pros: i got a great enjoyment out of helping people with filing insurance claims on mobile devices.
Cons: can't think of one
This was a great job with great people to work with. A normal day consisted of answering 80 to 100 inbound calls per day. Assisting customers with filing insurance claims for their broken, lost/stolen mobile devices and explaining the policies and procedures was enjoyable.

The management team is absolutely wonderful. The company provided great rewards – more... such as bar-b-ques hosted by Assurant at the county fair, Christmas banquets, and many other rewards.

I will miss working for this company. – less
loved that job
Accounting Dept / accounts payable specialist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 25, 2014
worked there almost 9 years & was ultimately layed-off/out sourced to India
loved this place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 16, 2014
had a blast working for the company it was a joy! anyone that wants to work for a grate place should apply.
Very innovative work place with many opportunities for advancment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2014
I would recommend Assurant to any and every one the advancement and the opportunities are there and they are rooting for you from co workers to the CEO.
Secure Job
Sr. Computer Operator (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNOctober 11, 2014
Perfect schedule for people who have little kids. Have a chance to learn more about Mainframe and Data Center.
Fun call center.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 1, 2014
Although it was an inbound call center, the people that I worked with were amazing, (it was like a family within your co-workers), the management was great.
EXcellent company
Functional Associate III (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Loved helping the employees with their travel plans and budgeting.
management
Team Lead (Former Employee), Spring texasSeptember 28, 2014
Great job to make overtime . Anyone can get a job. Very unprofessional. HIGHSCHOOL.
Great place to work-great benefits
(Employee Information Systems) Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, wiSeptember 25, 2014
Benefits great
Continuous work development
Involvement in departmental projects
Flexible schedules-not only start and end times but weekly flexibility
Able to work 4 days-4 1/2 day weeks
Enjoyable place to work.
Open Items Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 25, 2014
I was brought on through a temp agency and continued to work there for five years. No complaints.
Great people to work with and team work
Hazard Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and team players
Cons: insurance is very expensive only get half your check, 64 calls per day is impossible to meet
I really enjoyed everyone that I worked with but just thought that they could've done more to make our jobs easier by approving more websites for us to access to get the insurance information. There were also a lot of automative systems that we could call before companies are opened to be able to meet our 64 calls per day and having incoming calls which – more... sometimes last 10 to 15 mins really made this very difficult to meet daily. I liked how they gave award and fake money to purchase snacks from the store but a lot of times the store wasn't opened after awhile. It seems like they start these incentives but never stick with them. – less
Overall great company and provides great products
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2014
Within my years with Assurant Health I have held various positions that increased my worth with the company. In all positions, management has been second to none. I found my coworkers to be genuinely interested to be team players. In my latest role as CSR 2, the most enjoyable part (which was also the hardest) was to be able to educate my agents to – more... be confident selling product to their clients. – less
Poor Management
Customer Service (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: poor management
Laid back . Management does not take interest in grooming employees. Little chance for advancement
Ready to move on
Fax Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: # not a name, no advancement, no pay raises
I've worked at Assurant for more than 10 years. I knew this was never going to be my forever job or a career for me. I started my schooling while working here. Now that I have graduated it's time to move on. The company has great benefits but there's not much room for advancements in the company, or for pay raises.
Decent place to work
Developer II (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Decent place for work/life balance. Will be an awesome place with better management.
Salary is below industry average & heavy work load
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FloridaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: monday - friday work schedule
Cons: salary is below industry average & heavy work load
Salary is below industry average & heavy work load. Very little room for advancement.
ok place to work
Electranic Assembler (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 3, 2014
Ok place to work, wasnt really my type of work, I like to be on my feet and up and down where this job was sitting all day.
Assurant
Scheduling Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee, longer lunches
Cons: health plan, stress
A typical day starts with me running a few reports for supervisors and then on to my projects and meetings. Most of my projects are numbers oriented and in Microsoft Excel. I have taught myself how to create graphs using a variety of data and formats. The hardest part of the job is stress. Personally, my work is reviewed by execs and VPs so it has to – more... be on spot each time. My co-workers are supportive and helpful. The concept of a team is not something that is stressed at work so that is a little bit of a knock but, I tend to work better alone or with a couple of people. The most enjoyable part is the little things the company does for the employees. We do get perks and treats that I really have never seen anywhere and that is refreshing to know that someone still thinks of the employees. – less

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more

Assurant Photos