Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment with flexible hours and an opportunity to grow.
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: open door policy
Enjoyed the work experience with co-workers. Management was approachable and flexible. Received calls from customers regarding homeowners insurance. answered their inquiries, Responded to customer and third party faxes and emails. The work environment was very pleasant.
I enjoyed my time great team to work for but no room for advancement
Claims/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the company great team to work and great location. the only problem is that there is no room for advancement
Mundane Place to Work
Dental Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
Assurant Employee Benefits Review

They'll straight up lie to you during the interview process and promise you a split schedule of processing and phones but that's a lie. You'll do nothing but phones. You will talk all day, 5 days a week, and when you get home you won't want to talk to friends/loved ones because of how much it drains you.

If you want processing time you need to do OT. And for the OT they'll send out stupid emails trying to get people to work out but provide minuscule benefits to do so (e.g. work 15 hours and get a $20 gift card free, if everyone works x number of hours we'll have a drawing for higher value gift cards). Why should you work so someone else can get a gift card? So silly... provide benefits based on performance not randomly.

They have no dedicated trainers anymore. Not a good sign for the company as a whole.

You work with dental insurance. Have fun talking about people's mouths all day long.

There are no opportunities for growth in this job. It's 100% a dead end job.

You don't get rewarded till the year end review for taking more calls than required. It's not really worth it to take more calls. They should have a system in place where every x calls you take above the norm you get a higher pay rate for that pay period. Other companies I know do this. They're too lazy and would have to actually monitor calls for that to happen though.

I could go on but I feel that's enough. Run far away from this job.
Fun and productive with assisting customers.
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 27, 2015
On a typical day I resolve customer issues along with providing feedback to my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my is assisting customers and coworkers to strive to reach their goal.
Good pay, good hours, great benefits, lousy environment
Senior Hazard Insurance Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good hours, great benefits
Cons: favoritism and gossip
Good pay, Good hours, excellent benefits, lousy environment with a lot of gossip and favoritism, no consideration of employees in business decisions
It's a job
Loan Processor (Current Employee), DuluthMarch 22, 2015
Cons: unexpected layoffs, too much unnecessary micro-managing
If you decide to work at this company, don't make it permanent. Expect out the blue changes and possible layoffs at the beginning of the 1st Qtr. The raises are not that great (depending who is your manager). Be careful with the bonuses at the end of the year. You WILL be taxed at least 35%.
Great PLace to work
Consumer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Addison, TXMarch 20, 2015
Resolving issue for consumers via email or written inquiry. Made high impact decisions with little supervision. Great place to work, Great staff
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2015
Good place to work. Learned a lot about health insurance enrollment. Nice location, easy to get to. Good benefits. Management is good.
productive fun loving work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch break, co-worker become your family, fun loving environment
Cons: no room to move up
handled 90-100 calls daily, learned patience and not to take things personal when a cust is yelling at you! there are always celebrations your team becomes your mini daytime family! learned a lot about renters ins and how to interact well with people!
this place sucked
Material Processor (Former Employee), York PAMarch 10, 2015
a typical day there was slow and you would have to constantly ask for more work to do. i learned how to use a scanning software
Productive and fun workplace
Support Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, OHMarch 9, 2015
•Provide front line, direct contact with clients and customers. Principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail)
•Utilizes computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer.
•Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action.
•Retains customer account and/or suggest and encourage use of other services and products.
•Promotes and sells products and/or services and enter or confirm sales.
reliable Job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), addison txMarch 9, 2015
my typical work day consist of ,, educating and asisting customers with there contract withi the company , also processing payments ...
Productivity
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 9, 2015
Productive, Ive learned computer programs such as Excel, Lotus and Word. Coworkers were great, management was great but in terms of work it was pretty unstable and knowing I need to feed my family I have to be sure about stability.
Providing great customer serice
Processor Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 5, 2015
Engaging with customers and a team player with employees great company to work with this company provides great benefits and a family based company they are very understanding and willing to help
Very poor work environment!
Employee (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 5, 2015
Cons: everything
If you're in college and you have no other options I would say this place would be ideal. Problem is though you may not last very long. HR director is full of himself and treats everybody like they are children. Actually all of HR is useless unless it has something to do with a job fair or discipline. Then the management is a joke. Power hungry people!! I get that the company is a manufacturer and numbers need to be met but their methods on trying to motivate people are very unprofessional. This includes bullying, favoritism, speaking down on people, and intimidation. Not to mention they use new people to train other new people and expect a high quality. When the majority of management have no clue on how to do the job themselves. Probably one of the poorest ran companies in all of York.
Upbeat and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches once a week
Cons: sometimes there was no work to pass the time
The company made work days fun by giving incentives for going above and beyond our normal duties. Some incentives consisted of gift cards to local establishments.
Nice Place
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 3, 2015
The company is a nice place to work, but after one year I started to realize its not as easy to move up as explained. This is a call center and there is change, however some change is not always good. Overall the people here are nice and this is the perfect job if you would like to be in one job title for a little while.
its good
LS-Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GeorgiaMarch 3, 2015
i like i i come in and start my work on the computer the people are nice and if i was not moving i would stay here. i am a processing spealist the work is not hard at all
Productive and easy going work place
Senior Software QA Analyst (Current Employee), KansasMarch 2, 2015
Pros: co operative staff
Cons: all good
Productive and easy going work place
Nice working here

Able to apply the 7 year experience to the projects offered here.
Loved the job!
Security Administrator (Former Employee), Woodbury, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: the work was enjoyable and most of the team members were great to work with.
Cons: poor management, poor communication from management, micromanaging
I took a 3 month contract position at Assurant to help them get caught up on their huge backlog of tickets. The training provided was good, when I was able to get it from the Team Lead. This person spent a lot of time chatting/giggling with co-workers, so it made it difficult to get immediate support. I then went to team members for help and was told by this person not to bother them, I was only to ask the Team Lead for help. However, the young intern that they had just brought onboard was allowed to ask team members questions at any time he needed. When I first started, they would keep asking the intern and myself in the team meetings if we were coming back the next day. They admitted people would just not show up one day. I wondered why? I did have communication issues with the manager that hired me regarding the hours I was to work. Here I thought everything was on the up and up and they were of the mind set that I was setting my own hours -> when the hiring manager had MISCOMMUNICATED the hours. I was not impressed from that point on. I loved the job, but I hated the very stressful, 26 mile drive I had to make, especially during the snow falls.

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more

Assurant Salaries