Assurant Employee Reviews

Found 1,172 reviews matching the search
Loved working for this Company.
Administrative Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2016
I have learned so much from co workers and bosses. It was a great place to work and loved learning new things. Nothing was hard about the job. Going to work every day and solving issues.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, and Work enivorment
Uncertain Management
Hazard Insurance Processor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 29, 2016
Assurant is a company listed on the Fortune 500. It provides the benefits that big companies have. It has health and dental insurance. The teams have about 10 people same rank doing the job you do. Unfortunately, the quality of Team leads and Unit managers is very uncertain. I have served under many in the near 10 year of experience with the company. This company can be a positive experience, but it can also be a tough one.
Pros
Work from home oppotunties, at center cafe, free coffee
Cons
unqualifed management
Good product
CHANNEL OPTIMIZATION EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2016
Good benefits, little to no support. Hard work not recognized. Working with the client was an awesome experience. With this position, you felt like you were employed by the client versus Assurant due to support and communication that you received.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance was not in existance
Fast Pace with a lot of learning oppertuities
Manager of Logistics and Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 6, 2016
A typical day is split between managing the day to day flow of the teams and problem solving new issues. We are in the process of implementing new formal processes in all areas. These require continual refinement. Each day presents learning opportunities in multiple ways. I strive to improve the effectiveness of my management technique with this new knowledge. My co-workers are hard working, dedicated professionals! The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the accomplishments achieved by the associates around me.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Assurant has its ups and downs
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2017
Typical day at work: Meet with SME to gather requirements, daily scrum, backlog grooming and internal meetings

What I learned: I have learned more on how Agile is supposed to work and I have learned a little more about some of the lines of businesses in Assurant

Management: I felt they did not give us good direction and as a result our major project got halted and eventually lead to the layoffs of the team.

Workplace culture: It was a very laid back culture and hours of work was very flexible. Some of the people I worked with were not team players and tend to leave you out to dry. Not what I was expecting.

The hardest part of the job: As part of the project we were on it was trying to meet with the SMEs without going through a filter of others before getting the necessary requirements.

Most Enjoyable part of the job: was meeting people and the after hours get together.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Medical is not great. Have to pay so many thousands of dollars before it becomes 80/20
An environment of inter-office competition without anything of substance to compete for
Sr. Loss Drafts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 14, 2017
The managers micromanage and encourage an environment of competition with your coworkers, but do not provide proper incentive to actually compete. The pay isn't remotely competitive, there are no opportunities for advancement (unless you wish to manage), and the existing managers have no idea what they are doing. You are required to take verbal abuse from customers and have no means of addressing grievances. You are just a warm body in a headset.
Pros
Work from home opportunitiea
Cons
Everything else
the benefits are good.also the perks. bad management
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 28, 2016
I loved the company Assurant but but the people there are predudious and only care about themselves. The managers are not interested in helping or keeping their employees happy
benefits
Cons
everything else terrible
good work place
Kitting (Former Employee) –  Lewisville txOctober 2, 2016
I liked working for Assurant Solutions . They care about their employees. Good hours. Good benefits. Good pay. They will train you to move up in the job.
If you absolutely have no other options
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2016
If you absolutely have no other options then this is a great company. Management, communication and compensation is poor. Nothing good here unless you are just starting your career and need some resume padding
Pros
Work from home options
Cons
too many to list
Its a very demanding job.
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 30, 2016
A typical day at work consists of logging in to my phone and taking as many calls as possible. in between calls I have to process insurance information, update policy information, make premium payments, and send out letters if needed. I also keep track of any refresher learning courses I have to take.
Pros
keep busy, multi-task, and decent benefits
Cons
management is not always available, do not want to pay for all that they demand that you do, no advancement very hard to get promoted or move up
It has a wonderful work atmosphere
Corporate Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
I would assist administrative assistant with clerical duties, such as filing, data entry, copying and scanning. I learned how to make security badges with employees' pictures and names on them, input them into company security system and maintain them. My immediate supervisor was the best, but during the period of time I had to make ID badges for the whole office, I met many members of management, and they were all very accommodating and kind. I had to interact with the whole office and I've never seen such upbeat employees on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job for me was the commute. Other than that, it was a great place to work.
Pros
Office luncheons and atmosphere
Cons
Sitting in traffic daily for two hours going to and coming from work
Overall good place to work
Real Estate Appraiser (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 7, 2016
As a Real Estate appraiser, the job so far has been good (60 days in now). The work is steady & the people have been great to work with. The service area needs to be refined for a better work flow & less travel time. Makes it hard to hit expected # of appraisals per month. But highly believe the growth of the company is heading in the right direction (Streetlinks). Looking forward to a long future.
Pros
friendly people at Assurant/Streetlinks
Cons
service area(s) need to be refined with growth of the company
Data Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2016
Good place to work, management is good, not great but good, salary scale could be better, no much place to advance in some departments, community culture very good
Good Company but negative employees
Quality Inspector I (Former Employee) –  York, PA 17406March 23, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for Assurant and the pay was decent. The job itself was easy to perform and there is job advancement if you apply yourself. Some days there was an over abundance of work while others there was none and you were still required to maintain quota, which was impossible to do. The most difficult part of being an employee at Assurant was the foul language and immaturity of peers who would purposefully lie to get others fired or written up. For some it could be a hostile environment to work.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
They are very strict about clocking in and out and maintaining quota
Horrible experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 2, 2016
- pour training
- rushed at learning
- pour slow systems
- pour management

Pour communication especially with new employees
Expecting them to know everything in three weeks
I was hired on through a company agency, received no feedback on my progress I was doing my best to learn
System navigation was a mess but took my time to learn
My agency called me late evening informing me that the company has to let me go, the company didn't have the guts to say that to my face I could not go back the next day to retrieve my personal belongings, company assured me it takes time to learn everything not to rush myself take my time ask questions which I did but I never got the opportunity to prove myself to the company with their lies of training time would be 4 to 6
Weeks.
Pros
Company lunch, friendly co workers
Cons
Pour training, management And communication
Tense and boring
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 2, 2016
The work atmosphere is very regimented. You take your breaks and lunch (30min) with everyone else at a set time. You have to remain quiet throughout the day, being social is not encouraged. However the latest pop hits are continually beamed from the loudspeakers, and although its not very loud, it is distracting to hear the same songs over and over again about once every hour. The training process consists of someone sitting over your shoulder watching you work ALL DAY, every day pointing out errors, which makes it harder to concentrate. This goes on for months. It's not at all a friendly environment, very strict with little to no interaction with coworkers. Most just stare at their screens with a scowl on their face most times anyway.
Pros
Decent pay, sometimes free lunch
Cons
No work/life balance, mandatory overtime
Great company to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2016
* Great team environment
* Positive atmosphere
* Diverse staff
* Great benefits including 401K match
* Good location near the mall, restaurants and stores
Company valued employees
Project/Rate Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 22, 2016
Assurant always treated their employees well, especially once the decision was made to close the company.
Flexible work schedules
Generous PTO
Great benefits
I really enjoyed my job!
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 6, 2016
Unfortunately our part of the company is closing but prior to that, I enjoyed my employment for 11 years. They had great benefits with really good compensation. My supervisors were supportive with my personal growth and education and the company also provided educational reimbursement when I went back to school.

Sad to see my position and all our wonderful people across the USA losing their jobs.
Good company to work for; however, they are closing this year.
Quality Improvement Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2016
Assurant Health was a good company to work for. Like most companies it had its pros and cons. One thing that stands out is that they offered a good compensation & benefits package. Due to this company closing by the end of 2016, my review would null and void.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurant. Our community is ready to answer.