Assurant Employee Reviews

productive
programmer (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 4, 2015
fun work place with some supportive management. not all about number but how you grow and develop loved working at this job
Productive place, fun work enoviorment and rec room
Status Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2015
Decent amount of office politics, and with good expectations of moving up within the company is fully supported. Meeting numbers are part of every day requirements and evaluations.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
job cuts whenever low season
Wonderful place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2015
The only reason I am looking for a new job is because Assurant is closing. This is a wonderful company to work for, they respect their employees, give raises according to your work ethics.
sdfg
Wireless Technician II (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 31, 2015
I'm afraid this company needs a much very management team. Since the company keeps falling apart day by day. It's a shame really I spent 2 years there and at the part was one of the best jobs I've encountered
A Low Salary Gimmick!
warehouse (Former Employee) –  lewisvilleOctober 24, 2015
They will lure you in with the promise of a REAL job when the recruiters post you a decent salary before hire, then they HIRE you and tell you to come in for an orientation WITHOUT disclosing the REAL very poor LOW salary!!!Watch Out!!
Pros
Cons
Too Cheap!
good work but management could be better
Wireless Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 22, 2015
i love the job and what i do at assurant but management makes it difficult at times. always changing rules and never want to compensate anyone for their hard work. they would rather have you doing things that requires higher pay but keep you at a low pay grade but have you doing more work
efficient, productive, and challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 18, 2015
Building repports with our customers, active listening, resolve complex credit card issues, winning our customers loyalty, and achieve win-win results
Pros
cooperative, supportive, fast paced, andopen communication
Cons
brief breaks
Great people!
Project Manager - Prospecting & Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2015
Assurant Health is selling some products and exiting the market in the remaining products. The people were fabulous to work with and the environment was fast paced and exciting!
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Closing the doors.
Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 10, 2015
Assurant is a very productive workplace. A typical day at work is very productive and memorable. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with daily & very helpful
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 7, 2015
I have enjoyed my career at Assurant and am sad to see it end. It was a great learning experience that lasted 20+ years. Assurant treated their employees with dignity and respect.

Want to know more about Assurant?

Ask a question
Stress, Too much work, Very small raise, Poor management
Licensing Department - Client License Rep (Former Employee) –  MiamiOctober 7, 2015
Asked to do way to much work that one can handle, High stress, always told every little thing you do wrong and written down on your record which affects raise, rarely praised for the hard work you put in, poor raises, unqualified management, no advancement.
Pros
Cons
Stress, Too much work, Very small raise, Poor management
Learning and fun work environment
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2015
It has been great working with Assurant Solutions. There were few challenging situations and i was successful in overcoming it and my company helped me in doing so . I would be definitely interested to work with them again .
Challenging customer service job on a captivating subject matter with personal emotional rewards
Senior Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 5, 2015
Challenging job focused on property insurance assistance and support to customers, financial institution clients and Insurance Carrier representatives. This is an excellent place to learn the insurance trade with the right attitude. Assurant is an Insurance Company provider, specialized in Lenders' Placed policies, servicing its main clientele: Financial institutions. Contrary to the previous Administrators, the new Management's later trend has been in reducing employment, but constantly adding new processing tasks to Representatives. Professional advancement opportunities greatly depend on office politics. Daily activities ranged from answering telephone calls from customers, Insurance Agents and Claimants, to property damages claims documentation processing.
Pros
Interesting subject matter
Cons
Management style
severly under employees and no career advancement
Material Processor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TxOctober 1, 2015
Assurant Solutions has a excellent work environment because of the warehouse is climate controlled. However that is because its a electronic warehouse. They do not welcome career advancement. Also if you do not know someone you will not advance even if you are qualified. That why they have a high turn over rate. during orientation they entice you with all these promises that they do not fulfill.
Pros
climate controlled warehouse
Cons
under paid
Overall very secured company, awesome envirnment to work in.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Addison, TxSeptember 29, 2015
Assurant is probably one of the best places of employment I have ever had. Not only was I secure in my position, but they were always focused on what made you work better. If there was a high volume of calls & they wanted you on the phone more they would feed you lunch & not just any PB&J. I mean detailed sandwhices, pizza, chili hotdogs, etc.
Low pay but great workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 28, 2015
Assurant has a low pay scale, but genuinely attempts to provide a fun and secure workplace. It frequently offers team-building and fun activities for employees to increase morale.
Pros
Free food monthly, fun activities, 2 parties a year. good benefits
Cons
Not enough parking - employees have to park 3 blocks away. Low pay
Ok place to work
Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence SCSeptember 17, 2015
The company is good but the management is not. They give you the opportunity to work from home but fail to advise you that there is no room for advancement once you are home.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
No room for advancement
Not Terrible
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 16, 2015
I've worked at Assurant for almost a year now. It's not the worst job i've ever had. I feel I do much more than what I am being paid for. I run sometimes 3 separate departments by myself for my entire 12 and a half hour shift. The supervisors i've had have been wonderful. I've really enjoyed working for them. I could not ask for better co-workers. They're all fantastic, and I feel like we're a small family. I just wish I could have met them in a different place.

The jobs I work can be incredibly frustrating since the documentation we have to follow isn't always complete. We're supposed to be ISO certified, but with a lot of the things that I do I have to guess at what the procedure is.
productive
Senior Insurance Processor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 15, 2015
great place to work as an employee, constant change and you learn a lot of different aspects of the business. Fun place to work management can be more supportive though.
A piece of a job
Escrow Analysis and Tier One (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 13, 2015
The company itself and management is very disorganized. The whole time I was there I didn't have access to my pc/workstation because login information was not provided even after the two weeks of training. There is no job security. The company does the majority of their hiring through temp agencies. They could let you go at anytime. In my situation I worked a month and then was "laid off" due to "work slowing down". Stay away from this company. Yet, if you do get hired and they start asking you to volunteer days or time off that is a sign that a lay off is coming soon.