Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

Awesome Job
Regional Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2015
I have loved this job since Day 1. Unfortunately the company cannot survice in today's ACA environment so that is why I am back out in the market. I am enjoyed sales immensely and want to continue my career in the insurance sales market.

thank you.
Best warranty company
Consumer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Addison, TXMay 13, 2015
Long hours. Great workload. Management is helpful. Nothing hard about the job. Co-workers are friendly and teamwork is strong. I have learned to build my outstanding customer service skills.
Productive and open for growth!
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 13, 2015
Very good environment and great company to work for! A lot of room for growth and improvements in any position. The people are also very friendly and looking to help at any time you need. Great experience!
Was a great company to work for
Software Engineer/Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: unstable industry
I've been with the company for 20+ years and have established relationships with people that I will always cherish. My department is like a family to me. I loved my job and life at this company. It has taught me valuable skills as a Business Analyst including collaborating with others as I got to work with may different areas throughout the company over my time here.
Good Overall Company
Actuarial forecasting analyst, (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2015
This is a very solid company to work for. The atmosphere is laid back and everyone is very friendly and helpful. I feel very valued and respected from my peers. I have also learned a great amount of knowledge, both technical and market specific.
Fun place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawton OKMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working here alot. The Managers were very helpful in helping me find applicants.. Good benefits and friendly people
Worked as an Intern
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
I was hired as an intern and really liked the company and employees there. I learned a lot and worked as hard as I could but there was a new CIO and it took time to determine the org chart. I took another opportunity after several months.
this place sucks
Quality Control Underwriter (Former Employee), IndianapolisMay 8, 2015
Pros: the day i left
Cons: micromanaging clueless leadership...treat people horribly for years
I worked here for five years..i got 50 cents in raises while working here...always had good reviews...the management is a bunch of condescending pricks who have their heads up their posterior...run away...run away
Would love to stay but exiting the market
Small Group Sales Representative (Current Employee), MIMay 7, 2015
Great company to work for and great people.

Work hard / play hard

Great perks - wish the ride wasn't over however they are sadly exiting the health market due to Obamacare.
Challenging atmosphere
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2015
A typical day in the call center is pretty routine. You know you will be sitting at a desk and answering telephone calls unless you are on an authorized break or lunch. However, there is no such thing – more... as a routine call. I learned how to be patient and really take the time to listen to the callers needs or concerns. I try to summarize to the caller what I believe their needs are just to make sure we have the same understanding. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I have really answered all of the customer's questions. – less
Family oriented
Hazard Insurance Specialist II (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
A typical day consist of checking all emails, opening up my call queue for inspections to order, contact any customers that need to be contacted. Assist co-workers with any overloaded task. Open inbound – more... mail and distribute mail to the correct person. It was a pleasure to work for Assurant. Great Supervisors and managers that help you achieve excellence. The training process was very informative. Once placed in the position to deal with live customers, it wasn't very hard to catch on. The hardest part of my job were having to listen to customer cry on the other line. My most enjoyable part of my job, was knowing that a customer has been helped and satisfied with his/her outcome. – less
Great Company
Project Leader (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great people, on-site cafeteria
Cons: Business is dissolving
The company has competitive salaries, decent benefits, and overall treated employees pretty great. The people are pretty fantastic! It's too bad the company wasn't able to survive with all of the Health Care Reform changes. It truly was a great place to work.
Mainframe professional with 5 and half years of experience
Sr Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 5, 2015
Its a good place to work. Here I got to learn lot of new things in my life. Very encouraging culture and fun to work. Please to work with co-workers.
a nice place to work
Electrical Mechanical Assembler/Warehouse Spec. (Former Employee), York, PAMay 5, 2015
i learned alot about cell phones and how they work. no money in it. no room for advancement. good warehousing experience.
Dont Work Here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albany, ORMay 4, 2015
If you choose to work here, dont work in the warranty dept. You will never advance in your position. Lots of favoritism..Over all not a great place to work.
ASSURANT IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
Hazard Insurance Processor (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 1, 2015
Pros: the relaxed professional atmosphere
Cons: the cafe is very expensive
The work day at Assurant varies based on number of loans to be worked. No matter how heavy or light the workload is; each associate is expected to meet all metrics with exceptional customer service.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 1, 2015
Pros: great parking
Cons: the company is closing
Asurant health is a wonderful company to work for. They pay well and they care for their employees. Sadly they are closing.
Assurant was a great company
Customer Solutions Specialist License Health Agent (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2015
Pros: Knowledge base
Cons: we are closing due to HCR loss we took in Claims
Great job. Work Monday-Friday. Sell health insurance on and off the Marketplace. Great workers. We work as a team. Hardest part of the job was Open enrollment due to the call volume. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job are the co-workers and customers.

We sold Accident, Short term , dental , cancer policies. In my department we did everything from Explain claims & Benefits , billing to retaining our customers.

We provided Agent support to our our source agents. – less
Great Place to work
Director, Customer Solutions Center (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2015
This is a highly collaborative company and a great team of leaders. The company is working hard at focusing on the customer experience.
Data Entry Processor
Hazard Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 27, 2015
Pros: It's a paycheck
Cons: Everything else
I worked at the location in Duluth, GA. It is probably the 2nd most horrible job that I've ever had in life. Management at this location is a joke, they pick favorites over credentials, and you can't advance – more... depending on which department you get placed in. Unless you REALLY need a job in this area...I wouldn't apply here. The company has other branches perhaps they aren't as bad, but this one SUCKS! – less
Headquarters