Assurant

Assurant Employer Reviews

productive and great people
Hazard Insurance Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHFebruary 17, 2014
co-workers are very friendly, overall i enjoyed coming to work.
A stressful position
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Addison, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: learning to work with claims department
Cons: our decision to solve problems were met with challenges from managment.
When I begin this position I was very excited they were a new company then we change management and it wasn't enjoyable to work there anymore. I finally had to resign for peace of mind and maintain my health.
This Job challenged me, I learn so much everyday.
Hazard Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 29, 2014
I can handle any type of situation's, People skills, I Learned from different people and cultures. I learn so much each day about mortgages and how to help people. Co-workers are great we always come to each other if problems occur and we need help. We have a birthday club we decorate and if someone is in need we help them. Management we have been through – more... alot of different managers and everyone of them have taught me so much I like to learn from different people. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I may have helped someone keep there home or pay a premium knowing if not for me this may not have been done. It's a great feeling. – less
Daily Duties
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great leads, great work atmosphere
Cons: long drive, no room to advance, pay decrease
Each day I come in at 15 minutes early to check emails from underwriting to see if there is anything needed on files pending and if I have got any emails from new customers. After I take care of that I will make sure that I am logged in at my start time to take inbound calls from prospecting clients looking for health insurance. The part of the job – more... that can be challenging is the repetitive nature of these calls and you have to work all calls even though there is no deal to be had. It does get frustrating.

I really like the job as it is an inbound call center and pre Health Care Reform there were a lot of opportunity to be very successful but in these times there isn't many people that are looking for policies where they need an agent.

I enjoyed all of the folks that I worked with. I have made life long friendships here which is why I am looking really friends of mine there that have been there longer than me have left and they just don't have a good feeling as to how this is playing out with Health Care Reform and how our jobs are going to be effected.

Management, I feel that they have a good training plan in place but some of the scripting and how they managing script scoring does not make a ton of sense to me, We are graded on scripting and compliance. SO as in my case I have very high compliance scores so in essence people know what they are buying and what he benefits are but if you don't get a yes here or some of these phrases or words that they want you to say well then you could be written up or even fired. You do not get pats on the back for a job well done enough in my opinion, The director doesn't say a word to any agent. I feel like we are not informed on things going on or in the works. – less
High Pressure
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth MNJanuary 27, 2014
Very good sales training, QA does leave something to be desired. Typical day was spending more time in spreadsheets than coaching and developing the team.
Great Company
Dental Network Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: low cost health plan
This is a great company. Unfortunately they are experiencing many cutbacks and financial loss with the economy thus creating a glass ceiling for advancement.
SR. Dot Net Developer (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Good place to Work.My team was very good.Before release date of application we have to work very hard.
Process-Driven work environment
Insurance Tech (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch
Cons: no breaks, loads of overtime
Busy, learned a lot from my co-workers, not necessarily my management. Management is more concerned about the bottom line and not it's customers.
Good benefits, but constantly changing schedules is hard on full time employees.
Risk Manager (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Good atmosphere at work. Annual reviews. But no room for advancement.
Support Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJanuary 19, 2014
Great work place, with many ways to learn new things and grow as an individual.
Productive and Fun environment
Hazard Insurance Processor I (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, heatlhcare, etc.
Working effectively with integrity to provide awesome customer service to internal customers and to meet the company guide lines I also learned that a happy client becomes a loyal client. I had awesome team players for co-workers the hardest part of my job was trying not to be too compassionate with customers or clients and the most enjoyable part of – more... my job was being compassionate with customers or clients with integrity – less
Promotions should be more ethical
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: pension plan
Cons: culture
Promotions should be more ethical.
The culture of the Duluth location needs improvement.
It has plenty of growth opportunities.
Merit increases once a year at the end of the year and based on performance but ultimately management decides percentage given.
Promotions and merit increases would be better if HR handled or computerized based on factual points – more... given. – less
no loyality to it's employees
IT Manager of Print and Data Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Cons: everything
Senior managment has lost touch with it's employees.
Was once a great company when it was American Bankers.
Challenging Atmosphere
Sr. Business System Analyst (Former Employee), NYCJanuary 14, 2014
It was really a Challenging environment on daily work basis, I have learnt how tackle the things effectively and efficiently.
Every high pace and fun department
Administrative Support Tech (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2014
This was a very face pace job with a lot of challenges. Quit dead lines, which taught me the importance of be very accurate and timely.
Labor abuse
Wireless Technician (Former Employee), yorkJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: no advancement, but you do get higher level work, they dont want to pay for you to get a raise. cant call out sick unless you give a weeks notice, outdated systems for hr and attendance/merit system, the merit system is their guarantee that you will never see a raise.
Do not care about employees at all. emotional abuse and strong arm, do not ask questions they will fire you.
Great company with good benefits.
Senior Production Support Analyst (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNJanuary 1, 2014
I work three 12 hour days with great people who are caring and knowledgeable.
Working at Assurant is a joy, but now my depatment is being laid off, I think it is time for a change.
Associate Accountant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: would like more paid time off
Review emails and respond, perform daily balancing for the accounts we print check. Check funding to make sure the clients deposited money into the accounts. Peform electronic transfer bfore 10:30 am. Provide reissue check request. Respond to emails and perfom research.
Perfom monthly bank reconcilation. Audit check stock once a week.

We work at a – more... fast pace becuase the checks being printed have to go out everyday. This job requires one to pay attention to detail. I like what I do, the hardest part is when you can not get hold of a client when we did not balance which means the checks will not be able to be printed that day. I like the fast pace, because it makes my day go by fast. My co-workers are great, we all take pride in what we do. My namager is always teaching us new things to make our job easier. When I started in this company I did not have any cash management skills now I do. – less
Not an Ideal Place to be Employed
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Duluth, GADecember 12, 2013
Pros: getting off of work
Cons: everything about this place
The only way anyone would enjoy working for this company is if they have never worked in corporate america before. Management skills were poor. Quality was an absolute joke and last minute break changes were ridiculous. You could never plan to do anything on your lunch break because 4 out of the 5 days you worked your break was changed from an hour – more... to 30 minutes due to call volume. Management did not believe in coaching and development. They would just put you down if you didn't do the job they expected without proper training.` – less
A productive and and forward-thinking company with a customer-centered culture and positive work environment.
Sales Consultant - National Accounts (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2013
Pros: positive environment with engaged management and customer-centered mindset.
Cons: interdepartmental communication was sometimes less than ideal.
A typical day at work included upbeat sales consulting and office marketing plan phone calls with national accounts agents and their staff, informal planning meetings with my group, and a lot of fun. In my role, I learned to use a consultative sales approach, how to effectively train agents to market and sell our health insurance products competitively, – more... and how to work individually and as a team to carry out targeted call campaigns with the goal of effectively increasing national accounts business and improving retention.

I enjoyed my co-workers a great deal and found management very approachable and open to new ideas and suggestions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was passing on the culture of customer-centered business to agencies and seeing an increase in their proprietary business coinciding with an increase in their health products business. – less

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more