Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

Able to work from home
INDEPENDENT AGENT (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Given free hot leads due to production level
Cons: Inconsistent payouts on commissions
• High outbound calls to achieve solid production

• Learned more in depth details of dental and health insurance products and nation-wide scale.

• Management fell under Oz Insurance who tried there best at managing several hundred independent agents nation wide.

• There were no co-workers

• The hardest part of the job was following up with clients time schedule from early morning to late at night.

• The most enjoyable part of the job was setting my own work schedule
Large Successful Company
Hazard Processing Team Lead IV/ Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: company keeps employees in the dark
Corporate America at its best. Work days are as is any other company. Great place to work all you want to do is bring home a pay check.
Afforable health insurance company with great benefits.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: very bad parking
A typical workday consist of me taking inbound and making outbound calls. I learned about how health insurance really works. The management team was wonderful at keeping us informed of all the changes and updates. The co-workers were wonderful as working as a team helping each other. The hardest part of my job was trying to get there in the winter with all the snow. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people get affordable health insurance for themselves and there families.
fun
Material Handler (Former Employee), york paApril 14, 2015
very great place to work and let you do what gota do have to e ready to work. if you need a job that the place to go. you have to be on time and do the work
Assurant was a good company to work for and attracted amazing professionals. I looked forward to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good company, and great people
Cons: Pay structure
I held various positions due to restructuring including Office Manager, Renewal Manager, Employee Benefits Advisor and Account Manager for a full service, fortune 500 insurance company that provides ancillary benefits. A typical day was working with insurance brokers educating, helping solve complex service issues and building relationships. I traveled extensively around Washington, Oregon, Montana, – more... Idaho and Alaska visiting brokers, cross-selling our products and giving them a person to hold accountable.

The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers, meeting with brokers, and problem solving. However, I loved almost every aspect of the job.

I learned so much about employee benefits, contracts, the brokerage community, employee benefits and insurance. The hardest part was traveling so much and needing to catch up when I returned. It caused most of my work weeks to be between 50 - 70 hours. – less
Very flexible place to work
Health Investigator (Contract) (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 13, 2015
Pros: free gym great cafeteria great people
Cons: temp position
very flexible and family type place to work. great place to work would work there again. learned a lot about the health care industry. great people
Pay is OK, culture not so much
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay, lots of PTO, great expense policy
Cons: CULTURE!
I enjoyed working at Assurant before most of the management took their retirement packages. The culture leaves much to be desired. I do not see much advancement among minorities and that's unfortunate.
A good place if you're just graduating high school or college
Default Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee
Cons: Free Coffee
Sometimes a fast paced environment. There are skills to be learned and obtained. There are times when you can advance, but you must hold your current position for 9 months before you can apply.
Productive and Fun work place
Sr.Net Developer (Former Employee), MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: health care
Good Day to Start
Learned a lot
Good Management
Co-Workers helped me a lot
Starting Day is Hardest Part of my job
Through out my project i enjoyed my job
A good place with great benefits
Hazard Insurance Processor (Former Employee), Springfield, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits start immediately
Cons: Constant fear of layoffs
I really enjoyed working at Assurant. The employees are friendly and the benefits package is great. The stress level fairly low and there is the possibility to advance. They provide with everything you need to succeed in this career. However, the security of your job is not very stable.
Ok company to work for
Resolution Specialist/Account Supervisor (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 3, 2015
Pros: the offer benefits and vacation time.. they have a cafeteria in the facility
Cons: Constant changes with no warning. work loan increase with out pay increase.
If you like to be micor managed.. and watched this is a great company to work for.

Work load increases but pay stays the same.
Working with customers on their warranties and protection plans
Contact Center Associate (Former Employee), Lawton, OKApril 3, 2015
A typical day for the last year, was taking calls with customers who had problems with their appliances and they had the warranty plan..

The hardest part of the job was when they laid off all of Lawton call center due to staff reductions.
Too Demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good Cafeteria
Cons: Too Demanding
This Is A Very Demanding Workplace. There Are A Lot Of Drawback To Working For This Company. It Can Be Too Confining And Demanding At Times.
Enjoyable work environment with flexible hours and an opportunity to grow.
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: open door policy
Enjoyed the work experience with co-workers. Management was approachable and flexible. Received calls from customers regarding homeowners insurance. answered their inquiries, Responded to customer and third party faxes and emails. The work environment was very pleasant.
I enjoyed my time great team to work for but no room for advancement
Claims/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the company great team to work and great location. the only problem is that there is no room for advancement
Mundane Place to Work
Dental Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
Assurant Employee Benefits Review

They'll straight up lie to you during the interview process and promise you a split schedule of processing and phones but that's a lie. You'll do nothing but phones. You will talk all day, 5 days a week, and when you get home you won't want to talk to friends/loved ones because of how much it drains you.

If you want processing time you need to do OT. And for – more... the OT they'll send out stupid emails trying to get people to work out but provide minuscule benefits to do so (e.g. work 15 hours and get a $20 gift card free, if everyone works x number of hours we'll have a drawing for higher value gift cards). Why should you work so someone else can get a gift card? So silly... provide benefits based on performance not randomly.

They have no dedicated trainers anymore. Not a good sign for the company as a whole.

You work with dental insurance. Have fun talking about people's mouths all day long.

There are no opportunities for growth in this job. It's 100% a dead end job.

You don't get rewarded till the year end review for taking more calls than required. It's not really worth it to take more calls. They should have a system in place where every x calls you take above the norm you get a higher pay rate for that pay period. Other companies I know do this. They're too lazy and would have to actually monitor calls for that to happen though.

I could go on but I feel that's enough. Run far away from this job. – less
Fun and productive with assisting customers.
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 27, 2015
On a typical day I resolve customer issues along with providing feedback to my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my is assisting customers and coworkers to strive to reach their goal.
Good pay, good hours, great benefits, lousy environment
Senior Hazard Insurance Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good hours, great benefits
Cons: favoritism and gossip
Good pay, Good hours, excellent benefits, lousy environment with a lot of gossip and favoritism, no consideration of employees in business decisions
It's a job
Loan Processor (Current Employee), DuluthMarch 22, 2015
Cons: unexpected layoffs, too much unnecessary micro-managing
If you decide to work at this company, don't make it permanent. Expect out the blue changes and possible layoffs at the beginning of the 1st Qtr. The raises are not that great (depending who is your manager). Be careful with the bonuses at the end of the year. You WILL be taxed at least 35%.
Great PLace to work
Consumer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Addison, TXMarch 20, 2015
Resolving issue for consumers via email or written inquiry. Made high impact decisions with little supervision. Great place to work, Great staff
Headquarters