Assurant Employee Reviews

Found 1,110 reviews matching the search
Fun work environment
Billing/sales (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 21, 2016
This company has the best management that I have ever worked for. They make you want come to work everyday. They are very compassionate with all there employees. This company the managers know how to include a positive work environment and at the same time have fun also.
nice work place
Rapid Test Inspector (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 20, 2016
employees work to at a pace to reach a certain amount of devices put out. management motivates employees to work at full potential. co workers work well together.
Pros
easy job
Cons
repetitive at times
High paced environment
Pre-Existing Investigator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2016
Typical day reviewed denied claim, reviewed medical records, requested records.Reviewed information and the patients application for the insurance.
Pros
Nice compute
Cons
Fast paced, hard to get questions answered
Productive and fun workplace
Rapid test inspector (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 20, 2016
Great job to work at friendly work environment Staff and managers are wonderful there and love to work with you The hardest part about the job is not enough work to keep you busy The most enjoyable part about the job is having off Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Fast Paced and Competitive
Sales Associate/Retention (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 19, 2016
My job department duties were to maintain and or retain customers in a credit card protection plan. The job was very fast paced and involved a lot of talking and listening. There were weekly and sometimes daily competitions for the top retainer.
Pros
Fridays-Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Call Center Customer Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 19, 2016
A typical work day is ensuring the customers are satisfied going above and beyond to provide excellent customer service. Assisting and training current and new hire employees.
Pros
Excellent supervisor
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
Structured and timely organization
Mailroom Specialist/Image Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2016
The day was a pretty fast-paced work environment. I learned how to use more of my critical thinking skills as well as being very detail-oriented and structured in getting out the demand of orders of insurance polices for the customer and clients.
Great learning experience
Customer Service Repersentive (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 15, 2016
I've learned a lot in the past year and a half about Insurance, escrow, and mortgages. The hardest part about my job is not being active. I love helping others, so when I get a call from a homeowner and I'm able to help them it makes my day. The management team seems to work well together and try their best to help every when available. I've learned how to listen fully overall.
Pros
They have lunch carry ins at times.
Assist customers with homeowners insurance and property loss
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 13, 2016
I help assist homeowners with their homeowners insurance, ensuring that they have sufficient coverage. I also aid in any questions they may have, also help with property loss when the customer has a loss with the home.
Pros
hour lunch, customer service appreciation week
Cons
Lack of communication with upper management, no room to really grow with company
If you value your sanity, I wouldnt work here!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 6, 2016
I worked here 3 1/2 years, I was doing exceptional well, but it was so hard to get promoted or move around within the company. They are so difficult working with when it comes to requesting off. They are constantly increasing the work load every other month but wont increase your pay. The company is a joke to work for.
Pros
family oriented type of environment
Cons
difficult to advance within the company
Great benefits and fun place to work
Customer Service , Claim Processing (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 5, 2016
Our team was understanding and never felt taken for granted. The company always understood lifestyles and issues of employees. You had to maintain your numbers and keep a stable environment that was enjoyable working hard at.
A challenging place to work.
Hazard Insurance Processor I (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 4, 2016
Assurant, during my tenure, was a place that had a high turnover rate. It was a place that served its purpose for the time that I was there. If given the opportunity to try this workplace again, I probably would become a member of this family again.
great place to work
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC 29501September 4, 2016
loved working with every one there it was a wonderful place to work, meet a lot of people from all over, great energy the moral was great it was a lot of fun I enjoyed it
Pros
great advancements
Fun work environment.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 31, 2016
Fun work environment and great co-workers. Poor upper management team and highly political environment. Has lots of potential to be a good company to work for.
the benefits are good.also the perks. bad management
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 28, 2016
I loved the company Assurant but but the people there are predudious and only care about themselves. The managers are not interested in helping or keeping their employees happy
benefits
Cons
everything else terrible
Great company to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2016
* Great team environment
* Positive atmosphere
* Diverse staff
* Great benefits including 401K match
* Good location near the mall, restaurants and stores
Excellent place to work
Medical Appeals Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2016
My peers have been supportive since my first day . The work day goes by quickly as the work load is steady and time sensitive.

My manager is very flexible when needing time off.

Workflows were in place for my position..
Pros
Supportive enviornment, free coffee, tea.
Cons
Company is closing.
productive
NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2016
it was very nice and friendly atmosphere and productive work.but it was a contract base so now that period is over.so i look for new job.
Pros
lunch
fast paced
PROPERTY SOLUTIONS CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work in with a fast paced environment. Management is great. Co-workers are very friendly and the office has great ammenities. Hardest part of the job is the attrition causes work overload on the existing adjusters in order to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to satisfy an insured that has suffered a loss by idemdifying them back to the condition they were prior to their loss. We are the insureds 911.
Pros
gym onsite, onsite food venue
Cons
varience is schdules
Dedicated
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 24, 2016
A person has to be dedicated to the position they are chosen for. You have to really want to be there on order to stay. I would advise to make sure you are doing what you are asked to do and excel.
Pros
Ablility to work from home
Cons
Have to sit at desk all day with minimial movement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assurant. Our community is ready to answer.