Astellas Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

good environment to work
Salesforce Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Nice place to work, Friendly people . more work ,good environment to work. and this is the one of the company that i love to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 22, 2016
I like working at Astellas, The people and management are friendly. It a relaxed and flexible work environment, I like how they support all ethnicity and lifestyles.
very good
Salesforce Developer/Admin (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMarch 30, 2016
Very nice work environment. A very good work/life balance. Management is done well well. Good Company culture. A very good team.
Best company I have ever worked for
Associate Chemist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 21, 2016
We all know that painful feeling waking up in the morning to get ready for a job that we don't like. Going to work each morning for Astellas was not that way for me. This is a wonderful company that provides exceptional compensation and benefits for their employees. This company truly cares about their employees lives and well being. The flexibility and vacation time provided is nothing less of exceptional. I greatly enjoy working for this company. Astellas has set the bar very high.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits. Chance/opporunity for advancement.
Cons
This is where i started my career
FSP Systems Manager / Internal CTMS Trainer (BISM) (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILDecember 30, 2015
Good place to start your working life out of college. The pay isnt the best but its solid for a good resume builder. Get in and get out. The staff and people who are in management are great.
Pros
Good starting place
Cons
The pay was lacking when i was there
Really enjoyed the opportunity.
Technical Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 9, 2015
I learned much about the sales and marketing aspects of product promotion, as well as the technical aspects of the product. The sales team that I worked with was exceptional. I enjoyed getting out in the professional community and networking with others in my profession.
Content Specialist in Strategic Relations (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Solid work place environment. Good opportunity. Supportive colleagues and well intention-ed management. Since my stay with Astellas was short, I had little to complain about.
Great place to work; you really feel like you are making a contribution
Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 1, 2015
OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was bought by Astellas, so I worked mostly for OSI. My co-workers were wonderful; very supportive, eager to teach and learn from each other, always striving to improve. In my time there, we had several directors, most of whom were knowledgeable, helpful and approachable. Being in cancer research, management made a real effort to show us how our work was impacting patients by holding talks given by Medical Affairs, Clinical and Marketing. We had great educational benefits; they reimbursed for classes you took related to your career path.
Pros
Great benefits, reimbursement for classes, great co-workers, good pay.
Cons
Advancement opportunities limited
Excellent place to work
Specialty Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 30, 2015
Excellent company with great products. Top in industry for benefits and work life balance. Great teammates in all areas of the business. Ability to run your territory as you see fit to move the business.
Pros
fosters an environment of running your territory as you see best
Cons
weak management
Great company Great Salary and benefits
Hospital and Transplant Rep (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJuly 23, 2015
I was hired as Transplant rep and worked here for a year, the company was great , the pay and benefits were excellent. I left the company as my position was not a good fit for me on a day to day basis based on calling on only 4 accounts
Pros
listed above
Cons
position had to few accounts to call on
Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed my job doing various tasks. My favoriate was Manageing Translations. The customers were interestion to work with, I learned daily.
Pros
Family flexiable
Cons
healthcare
Warehouse Technician and Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 24, 2015
I loved the job I was doing and looked forward to going to work. Enjoyed working with management, employees and suppliers.
Pros
Too many to add.
Excellent Work Place in Tokyo
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  JPCMay 11, 2015
Astellas is a Japanese company. All employees try to be honest and work hard to release new medicines in the world to save as many people who need to be cured.
Astellas has been trying to have diversities and they have now.
Pros
Cleans
Great support and opportunities for development from managers
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMay 7, 2015
I've worked in other corporate positions but none of them were the right fit for me and balancing all of the things I'm involved in outside of the office. Not only does Astellas offer great benefits, the flex scheduling and work location is essential for work-life balance for my entire team. The professional development opportunities are abundant and make me very excited about my future at Astellas and proud about the change my work does to further our mission and our ability to improve the lives of patients around the world.
Rep
Dermatology Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaApril 27, 2015
Great company who had some excellent products. Worked with others and didn't have to be micro managed. We had a steroid free product that dermatologsits wanted.
Field Sales Leadership is excellent; Home Office Leadership...not so much
Sr. Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2015
Good products and good field sales leadership. Smart people who know what they're doing in the field.

In the home office, there are many excellent people who have strong technical sales. There's an over reliance on consultants who bring in fresh ideas and milk millions of dollars off the bottom line. The best technicians rise to the top, as long as they're likable people. This results in poor leadership in the home office. But, nobody really cares about home office leadership because technicians are replaceable and the field sales folks continue to bring in the dollars.
Pros
high pay; good benefits
Cons
no pension, 401k only (1:1 match to 6%)
Worst Pharma company in my career
Senior Sales Professional II (Former Employee) –  OHApril 7, 2015
Run don't walk. Hands down the worst management and pharma company in the industry. Nightmare to work for and no I'm not being bitter or unfair. It is very unhealthy work situation.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything and especially managment
Senior Program Manager/ Director (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 6, 2015
It is a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. I had a great mentor to shepherd me through the organization. Management was very supportive and co-workers were willing to help when necessary.
Astellas is an exciting, inspiring place to work, with a high-performance culture.
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 19, 2014
Astellas Pharma is a fast paced growing company, that offers an atmosphere that promotes teamwork, and empowers employees to thrive in their career.
Pros
Employees are encouraged to draw on their creativity and Innovation.
Great working enviroment, great co-workers.
MAINTENANCE AREA MANGER (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 21, 2014
I was the maintenance manager for a two/three shift operation. I would arrive at work before the third shift was over in order to talk with the maintenance techs to find out what had happened during their shift and know current equipment status. I would then review the Work Order System to assign new work orders and verify status of urgent work orders. Daily activity was determined by priorities, downed equipment repair was number one priority, then projects and then necessary meetings for production scheduling and other needs.
Since this was a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility we work under clean room conditions. The nature of maintenance required the maintenance techs to use extra care and caution when performing normal procedures to the equipment. In addition to maintaining the production and support equipment our team also performed the majority of calibrations for the site, this averaged to about 650 calibrations per month, we never missed making schedule.
Upper management was very open to discussion but still demanding schedules were maintained. Projects were scheduled during site shut downs unless it was a equipment modification that required immediate attention.
My management team was primarily consisted of operations managers, I was the only maintenance manager. We worked well together covering production and project work making equipment and resource schedules that made everyone's schedule as much as possible.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the right combination of maintenance tech skill sets distributed to each shift during high work rate
  more... schedules without hiring additional techs or working excessive overtime. We went from a five day two shift production schedule to a twenty-four seven day schedule for approximately six months, this was a challenging time for everyone.
I enjoyed seeing the monthly schedules completed early or at least on schedule especially when we had trying situations to overcome in addition to our normal work load. I also enjoyed seeing a project come to completion weather it was outside contractors or our maintenance techs or a combination of both. I also enjoyed observing maintenance techs learning new skills and growing their proficiency in all areas of their work assignments.
Pros
Great work enviroment and co-workers
Cons
On call 24/7/365

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Astellas Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.

Astellas Pharmaceuticals Reviews by Location