Aston Technologies Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Learned a lot
Net Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Before I started at Aston, I had little knowledge of the Microsoft languages except for what I had to teach myself at a previous employer. Upon leaving, I had learned to program entire software packages and set up IIS. I was also able to help mentor others. For this I am glad to have worked there.

It really wasn't a stellar place to work as I never really received the fulfillment that I was expecting. It's the only IT job that I have ever had that I wasn't proud to be a part of. I won't go into details but I had it to do all over again I would definitely pass.
Pros
Free bagels and toppings as well as coffee, able to chose own hours, intense learning program, awesome direct supervisor, fast paced, mostly relaxed
Cons
low pay, never met my actual needs, in house politics, lackluster personal results.
fun and fast
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2017
it is a fast paced environment but it was also very fun and rewarding. I having been learning a lot in my time here. It also provides a lot of opportunity to step completely out of your comfort zone which i found extremely beneficial
Great Place to start and grow your career
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 26, 2016
Aston Technologies continually helps me grow and expand my knowledge in Network Engineering. The people there are great and it's fun to be in office.
Friendly experts and fun environment
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 15, 2015
At Aston Technologies I was paid to get training in new technologies and have a blast working with great people. It was challenging, fun and they had free coffee and bagels.
Pros
Good people, great environment
A Solid Company who cares about their employees
Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 9, 2015
Aston gives you the tools you need to expand your knowledge while taking the hassle out of contracting. They focus on your needs both to expand your knowledge and your career. I certainly recommend them.
not such a great experience
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 21, 2015
Learned a lot and grew as a developer but I had a lot of trouble with upper management. My direct supervisors were excellent people and really harnessed growth and education but management above them destroyed the program due to poor planning on their part.
Fast growing company with dynamic leadership
FINANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 21, 2015
This company knows how to utilize human capital and has an amazing history of promoting from within. Ownership is committed to growth and has invested heavily in expanding operations outside of Minneapolis.
Great people stressful environment
Cisco Network Engineer - Training (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 13, 2015
Went through the Cisco voice training. Company emphasizes how great there training is. In reality you are training yourself with material they provide. If you are the type of person that can pick a book up or run through a lab once and learn the material this would be great.
If not you will struggle with this company. When you ask questions there answer is "google it" or "it should be in your notes". very little help from your trainers/mentors.
My experience with them is that to me it seamed that they were more interested in seeing how they could get me to fail then seeing how they could get me to excel.
With that being said, my co-workers and people in the company are nice. I have learned a lot and they made me want to advance my career into the Cisco networking world.
I may not have been a fit for this company but in the end the co-workers and trainers were encouraging me to learn some more and to pursue a career in Cisco networking.
Learning on the job is a necessary skill
UC/UCCE Development & Deployment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 29, 2014
- Very fast-paced environment, with tons of learning on the job experience.
- Support and management are extremely helpful and understanding of demanding customers.
- Great engineers to work with and learn from
- Always on the leading edge of new Cisco technologies
Productive and growing company
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 5, 2014
Great experience, and nothing bad to say about the company.

Want to know more about Aston Technologies Inc.?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aston Technologies Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Aston Technologies Inc. Reviews by Location