Astoria Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to work.
Executive Assistant - COO, CFO and CLO (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Astoria Bank is a wonderful place to work. You work hard and are surrounded by wonderful people. I would highly recommend working here to anyone interested in working for a great company.
A good start
Teller (Former Employee) –  Massapequa Park, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I found this job a very good entry level position and giving you an all around aspect of everyday office environment. I recommend this job or jobs of this sort to use this as a stepping stone to what you want in life but not as a final destination.
enjoy working at Astoria Bank
Accountant Level II - Loan Servicing (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 4, 2017
I enjoy working at Astoria Bank. Management team is professional. Co-workers get along with each other. Working environment is fun and productive. The most enjoyable part of the job is that co workers within the department are really helpful.
Only sales persons need apply.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2017
This is not a customer service position, it is a sales position, no matter where you work in the bank. Branch managers would give up their firstborn children to open up business accounts. Tellers must push products down the same people's throats every day.
Pros
Banking hours
Cons
Mistakes are not forgiven
This place is unproductive and it is easy to get stuck there for years.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2017
When I was hired i was promised Job advancement and more hires.There was no job advancement. The pay for the work is measly.The human resource employees are incompetent. The employees in the bank branches if they can get away with it will be absolutely horrid towards you. I would never work there again. The experience has been so traumatic since leaving I have turned away other bank teller jobs out of fear of having to experience everything again.
Pros
Cons
I would be here all day I I wrote all of them.
Good place to be but could be better
Telephone Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYAugust 26, 2017
It could be just the position I am currently in but you have days and your stressed and days that are normal. I believe this particular department has too many supervisors and they all need to get on the same page.

Overall the position isn't really my cup of tea. The work environment is pretty chill on most days which I like but the overall department is not flexible enough for me although that was how it seemed when I initially started.
Advancement Opportunities
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJuly 30, 2017
I started as a teller and was promoted 3 times within 2 more years. 40 hour weeks that seem very routine but you have a constant Sunday off and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to learn.
Productive work place
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 27, 2017
I always look foward going to work the environment is fanstaic great employees and managment team. The hardest part of the job is when someone call out of work because your become hetic
Nice place to work
Senior Loan Servicer, Escrow Team, Mtge Serv (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYJuly 18, 2017
Nice working environment. Productive. Fun lworkplace. Water fountains, kitchen, several bathrooms, friendly staff. Relaxed working area. Nice and co-operative management and staff.
Pros
Restaurant on premises
Not a good experience
FINANCIAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJune 21, 2017
Working for this place was not a good experience. The management team came off as one way in the interview, but was totally different once you became and employee.
learnt how to do supervising work in a bank environment
Full-time Teller (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYMay 21, 2017
The location is convenient, co-workers are very helpful. Love the teamwork, management is very helpful and provide guidance whenever needed, train employees to move up in the organization, the hardest part of the job is to keep every customer happy, the easiest part is knowing the customers and their needs. I've learnt a lot of teamwork, perseverance, knowing customers daily needs and refer them different products that can help them better by making and saving more money, also how to do the supervisory work if they're not present.
Pros
incentives, free foods and goodies, friendly coworkers
Cons
health insurance not so good quality
Worst bank to work for
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYMay 18, 2017
One thing that you should know about Astoria Bank: telemarketing. It all investments and insurance. I worked in one of worst branch on Long Island. No credit for referrals and ask for more referrals. Making phone calls for investments only for customers who age 70 and over and were not interested in making investments. Calling the same customers over and over again and practically begging them to make investments from the call list. When I tried to voice my opinion about reaching out to new customers not existing customers I was shot down. If you like telemarketing, then this job is for you..only best thing could happen for Astoria Bank is merging with Sterling National Bank. Otherwise, stay away.
Pros
37.50 hours a week
Cons
Micromanage
Very uptight
ASSISTANT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYMay 5, 2017
day began at 830- very very uptight staff and nonunderstanding of health issues. was told to "leave my problems at home". I learned from this job to not tolerate a stressful work environment just for the money. The customers were the most enjoyable at the branch.
Pros
coffee
Cons
rude managment
It is nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed working there, it was a very busy branch at that time , a nice team, branch was open to 3PM.I gained a great experience while working there.
hard to grow
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NYApril 24, 2017
The work environment is dead it isn't up to date with 2017. Management is miserable because advancement is difficult because no one wants to promote workers to keep the staff happy
Best Company I ever worked for
Operations Supervisor/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYApril 20, 2017
This company is great!!!! Customers and co-workers are great to work with, typical day is working with your customers to get to know them and their wants and needs. Everyone customers and co-workers alike felt like family. Always looked forward to going to work
Pros
great Enviromment
Low compensantion
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  East Islip, NYApril 4, 2017
The company is going to merge with Sterling Bank. There is no room to growth at this financial institution. Some benefits are ok like 401K, vacations and sick days.
Productive and fun
Teller / CSR (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYFebruary 26, 2017
It is a good company to work for, great working environment. I learned about operations, compliance, and internal audits. Get to meet new clients and build relationship to service them better.
Good job experience
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2017
Very good learning experience and good people to work with. Skills development is there all is needed is the will to move up and learn day by day.
great team leadership experience
Senior Post Closer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
It is a great environment for professional grow.
I'm looking to propel and move within the corporate as fast that I could.
After more than 10 years, I feel the need to transport skills and experience to benefit some other companies.