Job Title: Teller/CSR
Reports To: Retail Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Competitive pay, Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, Group Term Life Insurance, 401k/Profit Sharing plan after 1 year of service, Incentive Compensation
Provide service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank. The position typically requires a minimum of 40 hours of work per week Monday – Friday. Some Saturday work is also required.
CANDIDATE PROFILE SUMMARY:
The ideal candidate will be patient, cooperative, dependable, strives for perfection, possesses a steady nature, easygoing, friendly, will work to minimize and resolve conflicts, approachable and peaceful with people. The ideal candidate will tend to be a good listener and prefer one-on-one relationships.
- Customer Service External – Thrives on finding solutions for customers and non-customers in a timely manner.
- Customer Service Internal – Looks out for the best interest of the bank and fellow co-workers by giving and requesting assistance in a timely manner.
- Attention to Detail – Is known to be accurate most of the time and is not satisfied with their performance when mistakes are made. Plays a role in correcting & learning from mistakes.
- First Impressions – Approachable, friendly and pleasant to all.
- Values – Committed to bank values and honors the values of others including themselves.
- Communication – Committed to sharing and obtaining information for the overall success of the bank, their co-workers and themselves.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud.
- Mathematical skills
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies
- Basic knowledge of bank loan, trust, and investment center products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to cross sell
- Ability to learn various technology and information systems
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Adaptable to change
- Knowledge of various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Regulation E and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each act.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to alternate sitting and standing. Must also regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and periodically lift 20-40 lbs.
- Open deposit accounts.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold Notices.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity.
- Process transactions through proof machine.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Setting up and maintaining lobby displays.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Count and roll loose coins.
- Issue personal money orders and cashier’s checks, accept orders and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Balance and update savings passbooks, and close accounts when requested.
- Follow procedures for removing accounts for dormancy.
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Teller experience preferred.
- Cash handling or sales experience preferred.
- Prior Customer Service experience.
Astra Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 14 months ago