Job Title: Loan Officer
Department: Lending (Scandia)
Reports To: SVP & Chief Credit Officer
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Makes & services all types of loans including commercial, consumer, real estate, and agricultural loans. Interviews loan applicants. Judges risk. A junior level officer position, individual is accountable to and receives training from a senior loan officer. Fiscal responsibilities are clearly defined by policy and procedure. Represents the bank in local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the bank’s products and services. The position typically requires a minimum of 40 hours of work per week Monday – Friday. Some Saturday work is also required.
1. Customer Service: Follows through on promises. Conveys a feeling of special concern to all clients.
2. Negotiating: Listens with empathy. Fully understands the positions of others. Clarifies what people say.
3. Business Knowledge: Maintains and develops network of strategic internal and external contacts. Uses company guidelines & procedures to solve problems.
4. Integrity / Business Ethics: Is direct and truthful. Respects requests for confidentiality.
5. Decision Making: Balances analysis, intuition, experience, and innovation. Gathers relevant information systematically.
6. Character: Projects an appropriate degree of self-confidence. Displays high energy levels.
7. Accountability: Doesn't shirk personal responsibility. Acts dependably to get things done right the first time.
8. Attention to detail: Fills out forms accurately, completely and on time.
9. Organization & Time Management: Prioritizes work. Focuses energy on most important tasks.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and analyze tax returns, balance sheets, financial statements, & credit reports.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make independent judgments which have impacts on the organization.
- Knowledge of bank products and services.
- Knowledge of bank loan policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of consumer credit laws, regulations, and agriculture industry.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain effective and respected work relationships with bank leadership, the Board of Directors, employees and the general public.
- Ability to utilize personal computer including spreadsheet and word processing software, copy machine, fax machine, 10-key calculator and telephone.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to alternate sitting and standing. Must also regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and periodically lift 20-40 lbs.
- Monitor an existing loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
- Source, develop and underwrite new financing requests for new & existing customers.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income, and selling of all bank products & services.
- Daily review, approval and disposition of overdrafts.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required.
- Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of commercial, consumer, real estate, and agricultural lending experience preffered.
Astra Bank is an equal opportunity employer and a FDIC Member.
Indeed - 18 months ago