AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Great Company
Diabetes Sales Specialist, Crossville (Former Employee), TNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Profitable Relationships
Cons: Not always getting the time I needed to make the impact I wanted to.
My day would consist of pre-call planning typically the night before. I would start my day around 7am, traveling to my first office. I typically would not leave the field until 4:30pm.

I learned a lot about diabetes and the management of Type 2.

My manager was on leave for a medical condition and then decided to pursue other interests. For the majority of the year my district did not have a direct manager.

I was very blessed to have wonderful co-workers. We all worked together to drive business in our territory.

The hardest part of my job would be getting the valuable time you need with a physician or provider on a continuous basis.

Building relationships with the staff and providers that were profitable.
great products, intense training
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles South and Orange CountyMay 12, 2015
intense training, benefits are good, friendly coworkers, great products, no me too drugs, generous budget at times, okay management, good company to start a career in pharma.
Challenging but filled with effective Teams
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 10, 2015
One must be capable of juggling several balls every week, day, hour. Should be highly organized and a very effective communicator.
Work Life/Life Balance
Clinical Submission Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 4, 2015
I noticed that for work life/life balance that it truly depended on who you were working for this benefit.

I found AstraZeneca a very nice place to have worked. All of the co-workers got along well, it was like our own little family.

The hardest part of the job was completing a task under very tight timelines.
Nice looking place to work, but not much of a culture
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Westborough, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Smooth community feeling
Cons: There was always an issue as to why they never could hire new people.
AstraZeneca was a nice place to work for, but it had its own type of culture that meant that most people didn't really talk to each other. Manufacturing and Engineering had a great group of folks that were very brillian and easy going. That's all that really stuck out at me.
Exciting Science
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 7, 2015
My group was severed due to a change in company focus. The talent and experts at AZ were top notch. The culture was lacking but the flexible hours helped with work life balance.
Good Culture - Stressful at Times
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Mason City, IAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Total Rewards - Pension & 401k
Cons: Aggressive, Unattanable sales goals
The culture was competitive and full speed ahead. At times it was obvious that my manager didn't believe what the company directives were but he had to manage through them anyway.
OK place
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), West Chester, OHMarch 20, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: work hours, micromanage
It is an OK place to work but career advancement is suspect at best. Many individuals I work with have held the same job title for nearly a decade with little to no prospect of being promoted. Company has many rules and regulations that simply make no sense at all. Management tends to micromanage.
Co-Op
Project Manager Co-Op (Former Employee), West Chester, OHMarch 10, 2015
The site in West Chester was the best job I ever had. I have no negative comments about this company and the West Chester site.
Excellent place to work and great benefits
Quality Systems Associate (Former Employee), Canovanas, PRMarch 10, 2015
Pros: greats marginal benefits
Cons: low manufacturing
A lot of opportunities to the employees development. This company have a lot of benefits and great salaries. This company have a commiment with their employees, always looking for a balance between the employees and the buisness
Excellent corporate culture and I thrived in this environment.
Senior Patient Safety Scientist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 5, 2015
Pros: excellent wages, a lot of room for advancement and great colleagues
Cons: really none
Originally started off in a Drug Safety Associate position and handled data entry for adverse events. Was eventually promoted to Sr. Scientist in Compliance and really had the opportunity to think outside of the box.
Was a good opportunity to learn the Regulatory side of the Pharmaceutical Industry
Various Titles listed below (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, healthcare, salary
Cons: many changes in the job processes and leadership
I had the opportunity to learn the Regulatory requirements for pharmaceuticals around the world. Also, I interacted with people from many countries in the process of creating regulatory submissions.
My co-workers were like a family. We supported each other in all aspects of the job.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring that all information required for delivery to the Health Authorities was available and ready for submission within the specified timeline.
Personal Account Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Working for AstraZeneca was an interesting experience, and a very good one. I enjoyed the nature of the work and found it to be rewarding.
Astrazeneca is a wonderful experience with wonderful staff
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), West Chester, OHFebruary 13, 2015
Typically everyday I am the site Quality SAP representative. Our site has migrated twice with different ERP systems and that has been my main priority other than product disposition. I have learned throughout my 3 years the incoming quality aspect working in that department for ~ 1 year then became batch record review and worked closely with the manufacturing teams. Currently I work on the SAP system and product disposition. Most difficult part of my daily job is the constant priority changes though its a thrill and i love gears shifting. I enjoy the site, co workers and every aspect of being able to use my expertise.
Very intense place to work at but you still learn a lot.
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: you learn a lot from the company.
Cons: hard to track an individual when there are so many of you.
Astra Zeneca is a Big Pharma and as such have that intensity that you can expect from a big pharmaceutical company. Due to the constant training the company provides, you still get to learn a lot of the trade and you get to learn how to work better in a Team or Pod setting.
........
AstraZeneca (DCSA) at PTS (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
• Manage Manhattan territory for leading Type II Diabetes division, and provider of branded pharmaceuticals, including: Onglyza, Kombiglyze XR, Bydorian
• Establish and build profitable relationships with Internists across hospitals, clinics, and private practices
• Conduct presentations to demonstrate the benefits or medical products and formulary status
Great place to start a sales career
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Was great to interact with health care professionals on a daily basis. Gained excellent insight to market analytics and also used that experience to lead presentations to upper management.
Team Leader -Supply Chain Consulting Project (Former Employee), DelawareJanuary 31, 2015
At AstraZeneca, I managed analyzing and monitoring allocation tools across various divisions resulting in the adoption of the most efficient tool, thus increasing overall efficiencies.
wouldn't work here
Clinical Study Associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 18, 2015
the culture of this place is horrible only thing I liked was the working from home
Collaborative, challenging, respectful work environment
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 11, 2015
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals offers many opportunities for professional and personal development in an environment of teamwork, respect and versatility. Work/Life Balance is fundamental to the culture of AZ along with opportunity for learning new skills and also enhancing current skills. The teams for which I provided support were comprised of outstanding individuals, experts in their varied fields. Working with team members of this caliber in turn influenced me to strive for my personal best. It was a wonderful experience!
Thank you!

1 2 3 4 5

About AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a – Read more

AstraZeneca Salaries