AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Good Company to Work For
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 21, 2017
I started my pharmaceutical sales career at AstraZeneca, and worked as a Sales Specialist there for 8 years. AZ is a good company overall. They have great products, and I was lucky enough to have good management in my time there. The hardest part of the job is that you are at the mercy of sales forecasting and the managed care coverage in your territory. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in front of my customers and building relationships with them. I would totally recommend AZ to a friend, as a good place to work.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance, Great Benefits, Company Car
Cons
Pod Selling, Career Ladder Process
Great People
Sales (Current Employee) –  NVFebruary 19, 2017
I have worked with some great people during my time at AstraZeneca. Work life balance and benefits are great.

AstraZeneca is going through a tough time due to some major drugs loosing exclusivity and many people have left or been let go over the past couple of years. AstraZeneca has done a really poor job of holding onto it's top sales people. At this time, it's hard to feel positive about the future direction of this company.
Pros
Benefits, Work Life Balance
Cons
Company is moving backwards
Flexible work life balance and great compensation
IT Quality and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 14, 2017
IT organization has been steadily contracting in the US. The best opportunities for employment within IT are in England and the most recent IT leadership is very focused on containing costs.
Pros
Flexible approach to work/life and ability to work remotely when needed
Cons
US foot print has been steadily shrinking; Company is struggling to produce new products
AZ is a well managed company financially, too many lay-offs
Commercial Business Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 20, 2016
AZ is a well managed company financially, over the years they've not planned well enough to make-up the revenue losses of large brands like Crestor and Nexium, which resulted in 2 restructures in 2016.
Confident that AZ will return to growth!
Pros
Large global pharmaceutical organization, consistently meets quarterly earnings
Cons
Uncertainty if there will be additional restructure in the near term
Solid company going through enterprise years
Market Access Integrator/ Diabetes (Current Employee) –  Southeast USADecember 30, 2016
AZ is currently going through a transformation as it reshapes its business model to contain costs. Large amount of revenue lost due to generic patent expirations which has caused leadership to reevaluate all aspects of the business. Should return to growth in 18 and beyond.
Pros
Top 10 pharma company
Cons
Significant pressure on the US business in the short term
Productive and fun work place with a ping pong table.
Manufacturing/Production Associate III (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 5, 2017
The commitment the company has shown a great dedication to it's employees. During my tenure there a lot of employees were young and just entering the field. It is my belief that the company went above and beyond in insuring each associate had the training needed to perform their jobs.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
12 hour shifts
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 8, 2016
Great place to work, great culture, I had the opportunity to sell a variety of porducts and work with many people.

Connected with many people in the field
I learned many different disease
Had a great relationship with management
Had a great relationship with my co-workers
Hardest part of the job was going through changes
Most enjoyable part is helping people
Great company to work for. Benefits were great
EH&S Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 7, 2017
Enjoyed 17 plus years at AstraZeneca. Multiple opportunities working in different areas to learn and grow. Benefits and health insurance was phenomenal. Great effort to operate as a flat organization thereby empowering employees to demonstrate skills and effect change
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
Extremely talented group of people working in the best interest of the business.
Marketing Strategy Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 7, 2017
A very diverse talent pool of hard-working, accountable individuals. Culture of innovation and exploration.
Business is willing to invest in initiatives that are proven successful.
Constantly evolving internal structure, focused on continuous improvement.
Great company with incredible values but little stability
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 15, 2016
2017 will be a lean year for AstraZeneca. The company is incredible to work for. Following the science and putting patients first are core values that are emphasized at every level in the company. There isn't as much room for advancement as a smaller company but the training is thorough.
AstraZeneca was a wonderful place to work
Quality Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INNovember 15, 2016
AstraZeneca was a wonderful place to work. My only regret was that I wasn't able to find a permanent position there after my contract expired. I keep in touch with my manager and some friends from there and really enjoyed my time spent out there.
Pros
Fair wage, for fair work.
Cons
A lot of contract positions, but that's the nature of today's reality.
Astrazeneca is a great place to work and grow.
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 21, 2017
Astrazeneca is a great place to work and grow. They have many new drugs and therapies in development that should carry them to market leadership. The culture and work /life balance is also a positive for any prospective employee.
Pros
Several new drugs in development.
Cons
Layoffs
Good pay and benefits
Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 13, 2016
Great Pay and Benefits but too many changes and not enough opportunities. More of the good old boy system catering to the white males. Have military backgrounds and your good regardless of less experience. Not enough diversity or support for female professionals. Position was impacted under 2 yrs. Have many years of experience but director kept a former military with first year experience. How he could be more qualified isn't possible.
Fast paced
Sr. Regulatory Documentation Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 4, 2016
I am a Working Team lead for a therapeutic area, so my typical day is resourcing work, editing corrupted document and publishing. I've learned how to work harmoniously with the Swedes. My co-workers are knowledgeable and team players. The hardest part of my job is jumping between a very involving project and having to stop and resource work within my working team. I enjoy my job for the most part but I enjoy getting submissions done with quality and having my team appreciate all my efforts.
Pros
Work remotely when needed; flexible hours; great vacation time.
Cons
Work more than 10 hours a day for the most part. Advancement in a big organization is slow.
Productive, planned, intentional conversations, patient focused
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN & surrounding zip codesDecember 28, 2016
AstraZeneca is a great place to work. Work, life balance is a priority to the organization. My typical work day includes face to face physician conversation regarding AstraZeneca's approved medications for the appropriate patients.
Well respected company
Neuroscience Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working for AstraZeneca. They treated me with much respect. I was in the field by 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. I would do work in the evenings and weekends to stay on top. I would analyze data on a regular basis to search out for opportunities with my accounts. I also stayed on top of manage care since things were always changing.
Innovative and Exciting Place to Work
Pharm.D / Retail Account Manager (RAM) (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2017
My current job is extremely innovative which challenges myself to fully maximize my given potential. It allows me to explore various avenues within the field of Pharmacy where I have been given numerous opportunities to expand my view of Pharmacy.
Company that really cares about the patient
Sr. Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 1, 2016
It's a good company that's really family oriented. The hardest challenge is their progression process. Even if you have years of experience, you still have to start at the bottom in regards to getting promoted.
Pros
Family and patient oriented
Cons
Challenge in career progression until you put in the years
Leading pharma co with great culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 16, 2017
AZ is a great company that hires quality people. Benefits and pay are excellent. Corporate culture is unique for big pharma. Though flexible work arrangements are certainly fewer now, the company does support them. Arrangements vary by team and responsibility level.
Professional
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2017
Great marketing materials and detail aids, training was very thorough. This was a contract position. Management was excellent and very invested in the employees and the products.
Pros
marketing materials and products, benefits
Cons
contract pay was lower than industry standard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.