AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Employer Reviews

Enjoyed participating in standardization in data management across therapeutic areas.
Data Management Technical Standards Leader (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2014
Positions offered tremendous growth in the areas of data and project management in which multiple off- the-shelf and home-grown software applications were mastered.
Work Experience
Global Project Administrator (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 8, 2014
I provide efficient and effective project coordination and administrative support to ensure orderly flow of operations and communications for 8+ senior pharmaceutical executives and 5+ cross-functional drug development teams. I work effectively with internal/ external network of customers to schedule and coordinate meeting logistics and conference needs – more... to ensure high quality meetings. Prepare and coordinate delivery of team meeting agendas, minutes, and presentations, setup and run slides during. Update global project team’s action and event logs after team meetings. Develop and maintain user-friendly templates, communications plans, process contract agreements, information management, project planning and control reporting, arrange travel, expense reporting, SharePoint, Visa applications, purchase requisitions, and other intricate projects. Follow-up on outstanding actions to ensure completion to agreed standards and deadlines. Manage global calendars for leaders and team members; monitor e-mails to identify matters of urgency which are handled accordingly. I handle complaints and problems with tact, patience, and diplomacy. In addition, I also handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly.
The challenging part of my job keeping a work/life balance. The rewarding aspects are customer satification, relationship building and personal development. – less
Large cap pharmaceutical company, with challenging work and great people.
Director, Field Sales Leadership (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2014
Busy pharmaceutical company with several layers, therefore the work was diffuse, but you learned a lot about how to navigate in a company this size. Really smart, interesting people with a lot of business experience.
Global initiatives for corporate strategy and sustained growth
Global Director, MBA development Programs (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 22, 2014
My Senior Global VP provided these comments in my annual review: I wish Ben's passion and energy is contagious to the rest of the entire global teams.
multinational company with good work enviroment
Medical Representative (Current Employee), Al JīzahJune 21, 2014
· Responsible for closing direct sales of products and/or services in order to meet individual/team targets and the organization's business objectives.

· Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.

· Responsible for sales calls directly from/to prospective and/or existing customers.

· – more... Responds to customer questions.

· Effectively builds rapport with customers by probing for needs and recommending appropriate solutions.

· Achieves monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives, while ensuring the optimum customer experience and satisfaction by following established processes and procedures – less
Great Place thus far
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAJune 18, 2014
In curent company snce February, 2014..............................................
To be discussed at a later date/time.
Professional Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
Pros: Large company with nice benefits; fair amount of freedom in scheduling your sales calls; senior management has a great vision for the future;
Cons: Work/life balance can be a challenge.
Inservices in 4 to 5 hospital accounts focusing on Cardiology products.
TRANSITION CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJune 14, 2014
TCS is a fairly new position in the industry. AZ hired TCS's (RN's) to do inservices in hospital accounts. This position is very rewarding and challenging at times. The inservice can be branded or unbranded cardiology resources. The focus of the inservice is to educate the staff on patient compliance in taking their medications as prescribed.
Great people poor management
Service & Delivery Director (Current Employee), Wilmington DEJune 13, 2014
Pros: good compansation
Cons: almost no job security and constant change in direction is stressful
Great people and great company. However suffers from constant changes in senior management which leads to constant organisational change and change in strategy.
AstraZeneca
Global Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 6, 2014
Pros: team spirit, middle management
Cons: career development
I became an employee with AstraZeneca at the beginning of their transistion, in 2004. The one thing consistent with AstraZeneca was change. From titles being renamed with the same job description to department name changes with responsibilities remaining the same.

I enjoyed my time working at AstraZeneca, again there was a great spirit of teamwork. – more... Great middlemanagement leadership.

Career growth especially in a support role was very limited within AstraZeneca. You really had to leave the company to advance in your career – less
relaxed and busy environment
Senior Manager Externalization Service Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits and salary
always busy from start to finish complex IT environment with the latest technology currently being installed (O365,Ping Federate, F5 Big IP, Zscaler, netscaler).
If the dust settles with all of the reorganizations going on, and we get more good drugs in the pipeline, then we will have a future.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2014
Pros: a lot of hard working, smart people. good diversity in the work place.
Cons: too much change/re-organization, resulting in uncertainty regarding your job
The company has gone through a lot of changes over the past few years. As a result, a lot of re-organization, and downsizing happening.

I feel that the new CEO has refocused the company and we are going in a better direction.

A typical large company mentality, where the bottom line is making money. If it is in the best interest of the company to cut – more... a job, move a person etc... that will happen and you cannot take it personally.

Also there seems to be a lot of politicking. More than my personal experience having worked for other large companies. It is who you know more than what you know, which is unfortunate.

A lot of contractors/consultants, all in competition with each other and not caring about what is best for AstraZeneca. Management needs to recognize this and also tap into these resources for ideas/suggestions on how to make the company better. – less
Great leadership at all levels
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAMay 13, 2014
Great place to learn and grow. Demanding but fair. Tremendous pipeline of product with bright future.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), gulf coastMay 1, 2014
I like AZ. very flexible, but alot of bs from upper management. IT department sucks and makes the job difficult. your job quality depends on your direct manager.
hard work and talent provides opportunity here
Representative distinction (Current Employee), Cleveland , OhioMay 1, 2014
You can determine your succes here at AstraZeneca with an exceptional work ethic and self development.
A good pharma company
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee), Palatine, ILApril 30, 2014
Most enjoyable part of job is meeting with physicians.
Family friendly company.
Good benefits.
A good company to work with
Qlikview Consultant (Former Employee), NJApril 30, 2014
I liked working here. It gave me an excellent opportunity to learn and use my expertise. Had a wonderful team to work with and the management was awesome!
Integral part of a highly functioning team
HR Staffing Partner (Current Employee), Delaware ValleyApril 29, 2014
Every day is an adventure! I learned more in the past 12 years about all aspects of Human Resource laws, compliance, Compensation, Benefits but most of all, the joy of getting to know the business, what makes it tick every day. I've had the pleasure of supporting Commercial Managers all across the US. I had the pleasure of managing a talented group – more... of HR professionals in the past, and I enjoy managing our RPO to help execute our daily objectives. – less
Good first job
janitor (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 28, 2014
good hours, but pay was not good but i was happy to work their while in high school
Productive Workplace
Operations Engineer Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MAApril 24, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of rounds of all the penthouses checking the operations of machinery. Then the task at hand or project at that time was worked on. My co-workers were all motivated, intelligent individuals who were a pleasure to work with and would be happy to assist. I learned a lot about Able Engineering Service's work order system – more... and a preventative maintenance techniques. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a – Read more