AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

The company culture and management were a dream to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Leadership, Advancement, Continuing Education.
I learned clinical specialties, as well as advanced business acumen that was life serving. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my clients and teaching them about our great products. The hardest part of my job was choosing to take time off to be a full time parent.
Growing the business and leading to win.
Diabetes Sales Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Merced, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people.
Cons: Driving in California.
I started in the Merced Territory in April 1st of this year. My husband decided to take a new position in California. I was transferred out here to develope a territory that has been vacant for over a year. This is a tuff market to sell in, including the managed care. Being able to overcome the formulary challenges and provide excellent products to a nation of people who really need them is not only challenging but rewarding at the same time.
AstraZeneca is a great place to work!!
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 19, 2015
My daily job was to manage my territory which was the Kansas City Central area. I promoted my products to the physicians and the medical office. I had a great manager and amazing counterparts.
Poor structure and good trainings
Medical Sales Representative (Current Employee), EgyptAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Company Structure
Like any ordinary sales field job, there is no work life balance and the company structure is very poor in terms of bureaucracy and documentation process
Very Busy and no two days are alike
Area Sales Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Worked remotely
Cons: Sometimes Long hours
Worked independently and great support from managment. I loved the fast paced atmosphere as welll as the people! Massive organization but still felt as though I was an important part of the big picture!
Meh
PSS (Former Employee), TexasAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: no one takes you seriously
One big meh company, not a real "sales" job. More of a highly paid caterer. If you are dead set on getting into Pharma try different company. AZ has many internal issues and layoffs will be hitting soon.
Big Company
Associate Director, IT Computing Operations (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2015
Good place to work, supportive management. You can make the most of what you have there and go places. Your co-workers will support and care about you.
Great place to work!
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great Company, great management, Pays well, loved my work partners
Cons: Job Security
Sales representative visiting primary care and specialty offices daily. Fast paced environment, must be on your toes at all times. Enjoyable work/life balance and people that you work with are great. My management was very positive and helpful for personal growth.
Improving collaboration between different therapeutic selling teams
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: corporate culture
Cons: inconsistent leadership
I enjoyed the ten years at AZ - strong leadership that is innovative and thinking about the future portfolio. The company provides a great culture for work/life balance.
Fast Paced work enviroment.
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 8, 2015
A typical day was prospecting for new business and generating my own sales.

Management, was willing to go the extra mile to help me establish the success I needed.
Global pharma company looking out for the well-being of patients every day.
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Autonomy, work-life balance, management
Cons: access, budget cuts toward end, lay offs
Wonderful company to work for. I woke up on a daily basis and knew I was bringing medications to sick patients that could make a difference in their lives and families lives. I had the hardest-working managers and coworkers I have every had. The hardest part of the job was after the recent realignment where my position was eliminated. I would love to work for AZ again, however I am open to any new and exciting opportunity to challenge me every day!
Great job
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2015
Great place to work with many great people. Relaxed enviroment but the need for greater success was rewarded. Teammates were all a great help while I was there
Average Company to work for
Diabetes Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: inconsistent leadership
Leadership and management structure could be improved. Organization of sales force and IC plan needs improvement. Co-workers are great. Resources to use with customers are minimal. We lack budgets for in-services and rarely receive enough samples to stay competitive.
Productive and challenging place to work.
Supervisor, Planning and Procutement (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2015
Pros: great friendly people that care
AZ was by far one of the best companies I have worked for. They recruited the brightest, most diverse and out of the box thinkers I have ever had the privilege of being challenged by in our day to day activities. They are always striving to create a better work environment, a better product, and ultimately, a better world.
Mixed bag with lots of growing pains
Attorney (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 20, 2015
They take work/life seriously but don't expect any career opportunities. The next several years will be very challenging for the company.
Great Place to work
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Pros: Salary, Work/Life
Cons: Tough Industry
Great coworkers and great products. Good training program and the managers do their best to make sure you have everything you need to be successful.
good company
Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 13, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: bonus potential
sales representative
work in collaboration with pod team
enjoy relationship with physicians
enjoy territory management
Westborough, MA
Materials Management Associate (Current Employee), Westborough, MAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Westborough, MA
Cons: Westborough, MA
• Responsible for movement of controlled substance materials.
• Maintain an understanding of, and compliance with, all applicable SOPs, GMPs and department/site guidelines to ensure fulfillment of all applicable regulatory requirements (OSHA, FDA, DEA, FTZ, etc.).
• Safely and proficiently operate multiple types of Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs).
• Maintain skill proficiency in mySAP (including Radio Frequency devices), Clippership, Microsoft Outlook, Temp Tracer and all other programs necessary to support warehouse/label control activities.
• Assist in various cycle-counting and location-audit activities.
• Perform all warehouse duties related to receiving, shipping and storage of direct materials (raw materials, WIP and finished goods), chemicals, HAZMAT materials and non-stock materials.
• Perform all warehouse duties in support of Production.
• Safely and proficiently operate all non-PIT equipment including hand pallet jacks, pallet inverting machines, pallet stretch wrappers and pallet banding machines.
• Understand and communicate Bill of Lading information to outside truck drivers and carriers.
• Perform all system transactions and updates, including BOL, MRR, MMC, POD, DFR, MVI Tank Log, etc. and complete any written documentation required to support these processes or forms.
• Oversee stock inventory to ensure consistent, adequate supplies.
• Maintain license to operate a forklift.
Pharmaceutical Representative on a Team
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), MNJune 11, 2015
Pros: meet doctors and nurses to discuss medical findings, drugs, etc.
Cons: no flexibility with schedule
I enjoyed learning the technical and medical part of this position; however, did not realize how confining the job would be.

I worked on a team of 5 representatives and we met once a week to go over accounts. Unfortunately some of my teammates did just enough to "get by" and it crippled the team performance.

Management was at arm's length and we didn't meet that often.
Could not be more proud to work for this organization.
Senior Microbiologist (Current Employee), Westborough, MAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Culture, Salary, Benefits
Cons: Unfortunately, the technology on my site is so unique, our facility will be closing its doors at the end of our product patent.
AstraZeneca has provided me with fundamental knowledge and development that has allowed me to further my career and discover the true passion I have for this line of work. Even through difficult periods such as the divesting of my site's parenteral manufacturing facility, they have provided ample support and flexibility.

Due to a business decision related to the end of my site's main product market exclusivity, my company has decided to close my facility and nonetheless, AstraZeneca has gone above and beyond my expectations and not only hired an outside career management company to work with all employees, they have also opened their doors and welcomed prospective employers from companies in the surrounding areas to come in and interview their current employees whom will be hitting the job market once the facility closes its doors.

As a result, the staff has responded with an unrivaled commitment customer service and has continued to respond successfully to market volatility without delays to the patient in getting the medicines that are so important to their quality of life.

I cannot express my gratitude for the firs 10 years of my career and the wonderful experiences AstraZeneca has offered me during this time. I hope I have a fraction of this commitment from my future employer.