AstraZeneca Employee Reviews in United States

Great Training and Working experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
Great training and management team with Publicis Touchpoint Solutions. So grateful for the experience that I have gained with the company.
Great Pharmaceutical Training
Pharmaceutical Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yardley, PAMay 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists of: figuring out which accounts would be best to contact that day and at what time, tailoring my conversations to HCPs depending on the individual account's current situation (showing disinterest in the product, to regularly prescribing the product and using it as their first line of treatment), and updating/continuing my product knowledge. I have learned various aspects of the pharmaceutical industry, including but not limited to: managed care, prescribing information, clinical studies, knowing the product's competition, and handling/overcoming push-back from HCPs. My district manager provides me with great constructive criticism on a bi-weekly schedule to assist in my growth as a pharmaceutical sales representative. My co-workers are well-educated young professionals trying to gain as much experience as possible in this position. The hardest part of my current job is trying to open the minds of some physicians who are and have been satisfied with their current treatment practice for some time now and are, therefore, reluctant to hear information regarding a newer-to-the-market treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my regular contact with viable accounts is making a difference in the lives of patients suffering from a certain condition, whether I am introducing this condition to the HCPs for the first time or speaking with HCPs already well aware of this condition and its need for a treatment.
Pros
Experience/Training
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Great Place to work
Called on Primary Care Physicians, Pain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2016
First rate company. Would recommend to any one seeking a career in Pharmaceutical Sales. Great Pipeline of drugs and intense training program. Work enviroment is team oriented.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Limited to access to doctors
Flexible schedule, good benefits, not a lot of growth opportunities.
Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2016
It's a good starting company for your career. Once you have a set salary, you'll be lucky to get $2000 of increased pay a year. Not a lot of room for significant growth. They're cutting down on budgets because Crestor is now generic. Flexible schedule. Good benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule. small territories
Cons
they're cheap
ok Compnay
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2016
Company has poor management, A lot of reorg every year was there 5 years before layoff, No pipeline. Not a good life work balance.
AstraZeneca is a great place to work
SME for Ariba iBuy System & Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 10, 2016
AstraZeneca value their employees and provides a very attractive work life balance. They offer a great deal of training and development. Communication is great, sometimes overwhelming, but is necessary.
I would refer anyone to seek employment at AstraZeneca
Great company and coworkers. No job security for temp workers
Formulation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, INMay 9, 2016
Co-workers are great
Management is disconnected
No guarantee of a full time job while working for temp services
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are making a difference in someone else's life.
Work/Life Balance Important
Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 9, 2016
AstraZenca is a fine company and offers opportunity for advancement. I have had the privilege of developing with good managers and peers.
Great Company
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Has a great pipeline and a focused business strategy. Things can sometimes be inconsistent with messaging. company very reactionary to market dynamics.
Pros
Flexibility, autonomy, pay, benefits, perks
Cons
work life balance, expectations, constant leadership and organizational change
Great Place Values Employees
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 4, 2016
AstraZeneca is a great place to work. They value their employees and provide transparency in communicating changes.

Great Place to work
Enjoyed Working there and always learning new things
Business Performance Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at AstraZeneca. I created weekly/monthly/quarterly upper level management KPI reports, scorecards and ad-hoc reports. Supported Service Now Reporting and created jobs/reports for user(s) and areas. Maintained the OLA/SLA within Service Now for the various vendor agreements. Data Analytics for IT related date for Incidents, problem and other types of data. Multi Tasking was part of daily routine which I enjoy doing. People were hard working, helped each other and I enjoyed working on Global projects/teams. I regularly dialed into meetings in the UK and Sweden regardless of the time zone differences and enjoyed being part of the culture. I have SAP MM/Ariba Buyer experience. Was on SAP projects and supported various plants for direct material purchasing as well as indirect purchasing. Config experience on SAP/Ariba. Previous roles within AstraZeneca included Data Warehouse US as well as Global projects either as part of a team or as project lead. Have Business Analysis experience as was the Business Analyst supporting the Procurement department in coding (ABAP back when they had SAP R/2) and COBOL previously. I started out supporting the MRP plant systems at the various sites. I have always been a high achiever, team player and adapt to change quickly.
Pros
Flex hours and 1/2 Day Fridays. Jeans and/or Casual Dress
Cons
Over the past 7 years with the changing environment, been through 6 reorgs.
Sales Rep
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2016
I did not like working for this company/. There are frequent consistent changes over and over and its too much. It is not a good thing.
Great management great place to work would go back in a heartbeat
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 10, 2016
One of the best places to work. Values their employees and training is second to none. Great management. Best colleagues and best culture
Pros
Cons
Pipeline needs to be rebuilt
AstraZeneca Diabetes Division was an acquisition from BMS. Their products are good but in a very competitive market.
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMarch 9, 2016
A typical day consisted on making 7-9 calls on physicians, pharmacies, and hospitals. I learned about their practices, their needs, and prioritized what was most important to them. Worked with a team and on an individual basis also. The hardest part of job was the computer work at night; the most enjoyable was calling on the customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great products, good compensation.
Cons
Representative flooded market and managed care challenges. Also limited accessibility.
Worked with an outstanding group of people
Clinical Supplies Technologist / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 3, 2016
Worked with AstraZeneca for 18+ years in total. Worked with an outstanding group of people. The company offered a great deal of training and development. Unfortunately, my group was part of R&D and eliminated to to restructuring and downsizing. I would have never left otherwise.
Pros
Outstanding group of people, great pay and benefits
Cons
Chose to eliminate my group.
Excellent place to work
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 2, 2016
Excellent place to work, better opportunities, nice people, great team, great salary. I would love to work for AZtraZeneca again in future.
Productive and good work envirnoment for employees
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 29, 2016
My overall opinion of Astra Zeneca is definitely a great place to work. Comfortable work space and employee team work. Relaxed work environment, work from home on Friday's.
Pros
Great Healthcare plan
Cons
Travel - Traffic was bad all the time
Diabetes Sales Specialist
Diabetes Oral/Injectable Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 28, 2016
An outstanding place to work for the proactive, independent, self-starter who enjoys interacting with a multiculturally diverse population of clients. The pay is good with quarterly bonuses, company car and great benefits package. Without a doubt, the best manager I have ever had the privilege of working for. The most difficult part of the job is getting quality face-to-face time with the provider. Each office and provider are different, so you must learn the office dynamics to effectively reach your objective of closing the sale. Each day is a new adventure though you may know your client well. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people to people interaction and windshield time traveling where I get to turn my vehicle into a "drive time university" listening to audio books to improve my skills and techniques.
Pros
Independence, company car, incentive plan, flexibility
Cons
Doctors do not have time to see you
Low stress place to work
Senior Packaging Technology Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INFebruary 23, 2016
I've worked in this position for 1 year through a contracting service so the benefits do not reflect those offered by AstraZeneca. However the work load is manageable compared to my previous employers and the expectations for project completion is achievable. Co-workers are understanding and friendly. The hardest part of the job is all the red tape that is associated with pharmaceuticals, you just have to understand its part of the job.
Pros
flexible working hours, friendly environment, low stress work place
Cons
difficult to get on full time
Professional work place, productive and fun
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Sr.) (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoFebruary 20, 2016
Excellent company and products, pertinent pipeline in all major therapeutic areas. Sales tools and equipment is outstanding. Highly recommended if you are interested in a pharmaceutical sales career.
Pros
Compensation