AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Great job
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2015
Great place to work with many great people. Relaxed enviroment but the need for greater success was rewarded. Teammates were all a great help while I was there
Average Company to work for
Diabetes Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: inconsistent leadership
Leadership and management structure could be improved. Organization of sales force and IC plan needs improvement. Co-workers are great. Resources to use with customers are minimal. We lack budgets for in-services and rarely receive enough samples to stay competitive.
Productive and challenging place to work.
Supervisor, Planning and Procutement (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2015
Pros: great friendly people that care
AZ was by far one of the best companies I have worked for. They recruited the brightest, most diverse and out of the box thinkers I have ever had the privilege of being challenged by in our day to day activities. They are always striving to create a better work environment, a better product, and ultimately, a better world.
Great Place to work
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Pros: Salary, Work/Life
Cons: Tough Industry
Great coworkers and great products. Good training program and the managers do their best to make sure you have everything you need to be successful.
good company
Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 13, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: bonus potential
sales representative
work in collaboration with pod team
enjoy relationship with physicians
enjoy territory management
Westborough, MA
Materials Management Associate (Current Employee), Westborough, MAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Westborough, MA
Cons: Westborough, MA
• Responsible for movement of controlled substance materials.
• Maintain an understanding of, and compliance with, all applicable SOPs, GMPs and department/site guidelines to ensure fulfillment of all applicable regulatory requirements (OSHA, FDA, DEA, FTZ, etc.).
• Safely and proficiently operate multiple types of Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs).
• Maintain skill proficiency in mySAP (including Radio Frequency devices), Clippership, Microsoft Outlook, Temp Tracer and all other programs necessary to support warehouse/label control activities.
• Assist in various cycle-counting and location-audit activities.
• Perform all warehouse duties related to receiving, shipping and storage of direct materials (raw materials, WIP and finished goods), chemicals, HAZMAT materials and non-stock materials.
• Perform all warehouse duties in support of Production.
• Safely and proficiently operate all non-PIT equipment including hand pallet jacks, pallet inverting machines, pallet stretch wrappers and pallet banding machines.
• Understand and communicate Bill of Lading information to outside truck drivers and carriers.
• Perform all system transactions and updates, including BOL, MRR, MMC, POD, DFR, MVI Tank Log, etc. and complete any written documentation required to support these processes or forms.
• Oversee stock inventory to ensure consistent, adequate supplies.
• Maintain license to operate a forklift.
Pharmaceutical Representative on a Team
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), MNJune 11, 2015
Pros: meet doctors and nurses to discuss medical findings, drugs, etc.
Cons: no flexibility with schedule
I enjoyed learning the technical and medical part of this position; however, did not realize how confining the job would be.

I worked on a team of 5 representatives and we met once a week to go over accounts. Unfortunately some of my teammates did just enough to "get by" and it crippled the team performance.

Management was at arm's length and we didn't meet that often.
Could not be more proud to work for this organization.
Senior Microbiologist (Current Employee), Westborough, MAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Culture, Salary, Benefits
Cons: Unfortunately, the technology on my site is so unique, our facility will be closing its doors at the end of our product patent.
AstraZeneca has provided me with fundamental knowledge and development that has allowed me to further my career and discover the true passion I have for this line of work. Even through difficult periods such as the divesting of my site's parenteral manufacturing facility, they have provided ample support and flexibility.

Due to a business decision related to the end of my site's main product market exclusivity, my company has decided to close my facility and nonetheless, AstraZeneca has gone above and beyond my expectations and not only hired an outside career management company to work with all employees, they have also opened their doors and welcomed prospective employers from companies in the surrounding areas to come in and interview their current employees whom will be hitting the job market once the facility closes its doors.

As a result, the staff has responded with an unrivaled commitment customer service and has continued to respond successfully to market volatility without delays to the patient in getting the medicines that are so important to their quality of life.

I cannot express my gratitude for the firs 10 years of my career and the wonderful experiences AstraZeneca has offered me during this time. I hope I have a fraction of this commitment from my future employer.
Great Company
Managed Care Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2015
Contract on behalf of Publicis Touchpoint. Introduced and established relationships with Health Care Physicians within Territory. Quick Help Desk, Knowledgeable and Professional Managers, Competitive Materials, etc.
Very developed and highly professional organization.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Very driven and highly rewarding work environment
Cons: Highly structured work environment
Very challenging and driven competitive work environment. Fun loving work environment.
Highly professional and talented colleagues.
Great Company
Diabetes Sales Specialist, Crossville (Former Employee), TNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Profitable Relationships
Cons: Not always getting the time I needed to make the impact I wanted to.
My day would consist of pre-call planning typically the night before. I would start my day around 7am, traveling to my first office. I typically would not leave the field until 4:30pm.

I learned a lot about diabetes and the management of Type 2.

My manager was on leave for a medical condition and then decided to pursue other interests. For the majority of the year my district did not have a direct manager.

I was very blessed to have wonderful co-workers. We all worked together to drive business in our territory.

The hardest part of my job would be getting the valuable time you need with a physician or provider on a continuous basis.

Building relationships with the staff and providers that were profitable.
great products, intense training
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles South and Orange CountyMay 12, 2015
intense training, benefits are good, friendly coworkers, great products, no me too drugs, generous budget at times, okay management, good company to start a career in pharma.
Challenging but filled with effective Teams
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 10, 2015
One must be capable of juggling several balls every week, day, hour. Should be highly organized and a very effective communicator.
Work Life/Life Balance
Clinical Submission Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 4, 2015
I noticed that for work life/life balance that it truly depended on who you were working for this benefit.

I found AstraZeneca a very nice place to have worked. All of the co-workers got along well, it was like our own little family.

The hardest part of the job was completing a task under very tight timelines.
Nice looking place to work, but not much of a culture
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Westborough, MAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Smooth community feeling
Cons: There was always an issue as to why they never could hire new people.
AstraZeneca was a nice place to work for, but it had its own type of culture that meant that most people didn't really talk to each other. Manufacturing and Engineering had a great group of folks that were very brillian and easy going. That's all that really stuck out at me.
Exciting Science
Senior Scientist (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 7, 2015
My group was severed due to a change in company focus. The talent and experts at AZ were top notch. The culture was lacking but the flexible hours helped with work life balance.
Loved working there; however
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 1, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria; quiet areas, end of the week happy hour (Fridays only); parking
Cons: driving from building to building sometimes was taking a toll
I really liked working for AstraZeneca/Medimmune. The company is great!!! I love the customers I had to support with IT Support; however, Computacenter is the contractor I worked under as a sub-contractor for A3.

Everything about AstraZeneca/Medimmune is progressive, and the full time employees are generally very nice; however, Computacenter, (which won the technical support contract from TEK Systems about 6 months ago is dropping the ball at both ends of the court!)

I averaged working at least 2 hours per day overtime (for FREE) to try and help Computacenter get their act together with the customers, but instead, I was told it wasn't necessary! What type of gratitude is that?

Also, Computacenter managerial staff never got my user account accesses and tools straight! They told me to perform a job and related functions, but were not organized to put those requirements in place for me in a timely or organized fashion.

AstraZeneca/Medimmune is an amazing company, but Computacenter really needs to get their act together!
Good Culture - Stressful at Times
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Mason City, IAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Total Rewards - Pension & 401k
Cons: Aggressive, Unattanable sales goals
The culture was competitive and full speed ahead. At times it was obvious that my manager didn't believe what the company directives were but he had to manage through them anyway.
OK place
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), West Chester, OHMarch 20, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: work hours, micromanage
It is an OK place to work but career advancement is suspect at best. Many individuals I work with have held the same job title for nearly a decade with little to no prospect of being promoted. Company has many rules and regulations that simply make no sense at all. Management tends to micromanage.
Co-Op
Project Manager Co-Op (Former Employee), West Chester, OHMarch 10, 2015
The site in West Chester was the best job I ever had. I have no negative comments about this company and the West Chester site.

1 2 3 4 5

About AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a – Read more

AstraZeneca Salaries