AstraZeneca Employee Reviews in United States

Good People in Difficult Jobs
Senior Engineer, Validation (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 24, 2016
They are moving to a very LEAN Culture without taking into account they are producing a Sterile Injectable. The concept is a good one, but they are cutting far to close to the bone to allow the people to remain nimble and able to address changes or issues quickly...
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Work / Life Balance
Medical Editor
Medical Editor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 23, 2016
I loved my colleagues and the work. However, I worked for a consulting firm based in India, and my manager in India often did not provlde information in a timely manner.
Pros
Culture and coworkers
Cons
Remote managers and lack of communication for critical information and training
Productive Place to work at, but not a career
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me is demanding. I currently work the grave yard shift and since people rarely like to work that shift, sometimes my co-workers don't show up for work and that causes confusion and a heavier work load for everyone else. I've learned more about OSHA, and safety when dealing with a pharmaceutical company. The hardest part about this job is the hours and the temperature.The most enjoyable part is the pay.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Shorts breaks and very cold
sales rep
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 14, 2016
Pharma is a very volatile industry and the company is not transparent regarding the future of its reps.AZ just announced layoffs for 2016 July.
Pros
company car
Cons
not secure
Up and down
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 7, 2016
This organization is pretty standard in day to day operations. The middle management teams really like working in the bull pins with the sales groups and communicate as much as they are allowed.

The pay is OK, but could be a lot better if the overall profit goals were reduced.
Pros
Management Styles
Cons
Pay sturcture
AstraZeneca
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 6, 2016
Good place to work. Was under a contract with Publicis Touchpoint. Provided all the tool I needed to become successful. Unfortunately - layoffs happen.
Pros
company car, expense account
Cons
layoffs
Committed to long-term disease state treatment of patients
Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 2, 2016
>Typical work day is consumed with numerous in-depth discussions involving patient profiles; co-morbidities; best treatment options; expected clinical results; and manage care access.

>I learn what's important to my physician as it relates to treatment outcomes for his/her patients. Additionally, the tools my physicians implement to assure patient compliance.

>Management is instrumental in assisting in the career development goals. Additionally, providing the resources necessary to aid in establishing a consultative relationship with the physician.

>Key to establishing a seamless vision of our product and messaging through consistent communication and business planning.

>Assisting my physicians in their efforts to communicate the importance of compliance to assure the best potential clinical outcomes to their patients.

>Without question the success stories my physicians share with me as it pertains to patients clinical successes as a result of being treated with my products.
Pros
Positive work/family balance
Cons
Unstable job security within the organization
Great Training and Working experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2016
Great training and management team with Publicis Touchpoint Solutions. So grateful for the experience that I have gained with the company.
Great Pharmaceutical Training
Pharmaceutical Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yardley, PAMay 19, 2016
A typical day of work consists of: figuring out which accounts would be best to contact that day and at what time, tailoring my conversations to HCPs depending on the individual account's current situation (showing disinterest in the product, to regularly prescribing the product and using it as their first line of treatment), and updating/continuing my product knowledge. I have learned various aspects of the pharmaceutical industry, including but not limited to: managed care, prescribing information, clinical studies, knowing the product's competition, and handling/overcoming push-back from HCPs. My district manager provides me with great constructive criticism on a bi-weekly schedule to assist in my growth as a pharmaceutical sales representative. My co-workers are well-educated young professionals trying to gain as much experience as possible in this position. The hardest part of my current job is trying to open the minds of some physicians who are and have been satisfied with their current treatment practice for some time now and are, therefore, reluctant to hear information regarding a newer-to-the-market treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my regular contact with viable accounts is making a difference in the lives of patients suffering from a certain condition, whether I am introducing this condition to the HCPs for the first time or speaking with HCPs already well aware of this condition and its need for a treatment.
Pros
Experience/Training
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Great Place to work
Called on Primary Care Physicians, Pain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2016
First rate company. Would recommend to any one seeking a career in Pharmaceutical Sales. Great Pipeline of drugs and intense training program. Work enviroment is team oriented.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Limited to access to doctors
Flexible schedule, good benefits, not a lot of growth opportunities.
Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2016
It's a good starting company for your career. Once you have a set salary, you'll be lucky to get $2000 of increased pay a year. Not a lot of room for significant growth. They're cutting down on budgets because Crestor is now generic. Flexible schedule. Good benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule. small territories
Cons
they're cheap
ok Compnay
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2016
Company has poor management, A lot of reorg every year was there 5 years before layoff, No pipeline. Not a good life work balance.
AstraZeneca is a great place to work
SME for Ariba iBuy System & Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 10, 2016
AstraZeneca value their employees and provides a very attractive work life balance. They offer a great deal of training and development. Communication is great, sometimes overwhelming, but is necessary.
I would refer anyone to seek employment at AstraZeneca
Great company and coworkers. No job security for temp workers
Formulation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, INMay 9, 2016
Co-workers are great
Management is disconnected
No guarantee of a full time job while working for temp services
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are making a difference in someone else's life.
Work/Life Balance Important
Senior Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 9, 2016
AstraZenca is a fine company and offers opportunity for advancement. I have had the privilege of developing with good managers and peers.
Great Company
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Has a great pipeline and a focused business strategy. Things can sometimes be inconsistent with messaging. company very reactionary to market dynamics.
Pros
Flexibility, autonomy, pay, benefits, perks
Cons
work life balance, expectations, constant leadership and organizational change
Great Place Values Employees
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 4, 2016
AstraZeneca is a great place to work. They value their employees and provide transparency in communicating changes.

Great Place to work
Enjoyed Working there and always learning new things
Business Performance Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at AstraZeneca. I created weekly/monthly/quarterly upper level management KPI reports, scorecards and ad-hoc reports. Supported Service Now Reporting and created jobs/reports for user(s) and areas. Maintained the OLA/SLA within Service Now for the various vendor agreements. Data Analytics for IT related date for Incidents, problem and other types of data. Multi Tasking was part of daily routine which I enjoy doing. People were hard working, helped each other and I enjoyed working on Global projects/teams. I regularly dialed into meetings in the UK and Sweden regardless of the time zone differences and enjoyed being part of the culture. I have SAP MM/Ariba Buyer experience. Was on SAP projects and supported various plants for direct material purchasing as well as indirect purchasing. Config experience on SAP/Ariba. Previous roles within AstraZeneca included Data Warehouse US as well as Global projects either as part of a team or as project lead. Have Business Analysis experience as was the Business Analyst supporting the Procurement department in coding (ABAP back when they had SAP R/2) and COBOL previously. I started out supporting the MRP plant systems at the various sites. I have always been a high achiever, team player and adapt to change quickly.
Pros
Flex hours and 1/2 Day Fridays. Jeans and/or Casual Dress
Cons
Over the past 7 years with the changing environment, been through 6 reorgs.
Sales Rep
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2016
I did not like working for this company/. There are frequent consistent changes over and over and its too much. It is not a good thing.
Great management great place to work would go back in a heartbeat
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 10, 2016
One of the best places to work. Values their employees and training is second to none. Great management. Best colleagues and best culture
Pros
Cons
Pipeline needs to be rebuilt