AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Patient Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 19, 2017
Great place to work if you like to work on projects where you not only work with a team but also have a lot of autonomy as well. Promote learning, growth, and team events.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Distance
Not a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 15, 2017
The department I was in sucked. Don't believe the work life balance stuff. Managers had their picks of who that liked. Discrimation to the max. Hired manager (s) who had no idea what they were doing. Very rude people. My co works were great. Lay offs all the time, you never now who's next. It's a easy job to do anyone could do, the managers make it hard. If you receive a job there watch you back.
Pros
Cafè, beauitful building
Cons
Management, no direction, discrimination
Decent place to work
Global Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 11, 2017
Decent place to work. Respectable pay, however, succession planning is difficult. The cultural experience is relative to the team in which you will work. The company lacks diversity (women, people of color) at all levels.
Pros
There are options to work remotely depending on your department.
Cons
Difficult succession planning, lacking diversity
Great Career Opportunity
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Dayotn, OH, Memphis, TN, Wilmington, DEAugust 8, 2017
Spent 27 years in various capacities, and thoroughly enjoyed the many opportunities and challenges along the way. I had great managers and co-workers.
Pros
career development
Cons
Really long hours and high expectations
Lacking Strategic People Leaders with Business Acumen
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 6, 2017
There are a few diamonds in the rough, but I suggest doing your homework before accepting a role at AZ. There is zero on-boarding and your manager makes or breaks you as they are the only face to the performance review process. I was lucky to have a great manager, however, others don't fare as well and end up leaving in a year. Also be prepared for a shift in strategic decision making about 4 times per year.
Pros
Great people to work with, some work life balance
Cons
Lack of solid decision making
na
Strategic Engagements Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 2, 2017
na
I am not at liberty to disclose this information regarding this company. My apologies for the lack of information in this area. Unfortunately, I am bound by an agreement that prevents this.
Great culture, Great reputation in the medical industry.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 31, 2017
Great training before field work. Management very supportive. Must have good relationship skills and have high energy and very competitive. Good benefits. There have been some layoffs over the past few years, so I would be cautious.
Pros
Nice budget to have lunches and dinner programs.
Cons
job security
Corporate Culture
Respiratory Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 31, 2017
Corporate Culture Has changed for the worse, no longer a fun place to work. Teleconferences just for the sake of having teleconferences. Time could be better used selling to customers. No loyalty anymore, no family life feeling at work anymore.
Large organization with complex structure
Health System Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago ilJuly 31, 2017
I believe that Astrazeneca is a very good place to work with great benefits and flexible vacation schedule. I would reccomend Astrazeneca to new grads and transitional employees
Productive and collaborative global minded company
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 25, 2017
Has made great progress to improve employees’ identification with company mission, purpose and values, as well as promoting an understanding of and belief in the strategy to return to growth. Makes significant investment in and implementing tailored leadership development programs for employees at all levels across the organization.
Inspiring Medical Ideas with a Great Pipeline
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJuly 22, 2017
A company that cares about you and the medicine they promote. Effective teamwork that inspires, generates sales and makes the workplace enjoyable. AZ is an environment to help you reach your career goals and get to the next level.
Pros
Excellent benefits and company car
Cons
limited flexible-time position
Az
DIABETES PHARMACEUTICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2017
Respected in the field
Doctors like to see reps from this company
I liked working here and I would again
Job security is the only drawback and thats with any company
Flexible Entry level job with minimal room to advance
PSS (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 20, 2017
I work in field sales. I have had 3 district managers, 3 regional managers, 3 area managers, 3 heads of diabetes US and 2 heads of the US business, all within less than 3 years. Management is always shifting and changing. There is also virtually no room to grow within the organization because when you are in field sales, you leave a void when you move into a corporate role. Strange that a company with 60,000 employees can't find a way to promote their talented sales professionals into a corporate positions to do more for the organization.
Pros
company car, 3 weeks vacation from day 1, flexible hours
Cons
no room to grow, job is not challenging or rewarding
Great company
Clinical Administator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 20, 2017
working with Randstad at AstraZeneca was good. People were very friendly and helpful. Only downfall was that this was suppose to be a one year position but turned out to be only three months and company let everyone go.
Pros
great people and work environment
Cons
let go after three months because of funds
Stressful place to work
Executive Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Haute-SavoieJuly 19, 2017
Due to lack of drug development, they have many layoffs. Morale is at all time low. I was laid in December of 2016 along 1400 other people. The future for AstraZeneca is dim.
The administrative culture is very cliquish
Senior Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 18, 2017
The administrative culture is very cliquish and there is no opportunity for advancement. AstraZeneca need’s to provide mandatory diversity trainings for the manager's as they are desperately needed.
Pros
It can be a great place to work.
Cons
Diversity Training is needed for managers
Tender manager (Current Employee) –  Egypt, ARJuly 17, 2017
In AZ, we believe in and live our core values and we would persistently challenge any actions that are not in line with our values. We care about our patients and the Egyptian community we operate in to ensure sustainability, and importantly we are keen on ensuring that each and every one of you can look back and think " I have learnt new skills" and that you have opportunity for development and growth.
This is how we define Great Place To Work and how we focus to deliver on it being one of our 3 key Pillars: Accelerate Growth, Achieve Scientific Leadership, and BE a GREAT PLACE to WORK
Innovative fun place to work
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South NJJuly 15, 2017
I would start my day in the Cath lab at the hospital. I would in service hospitalist. Then I would sell to cardiologists in the office based setting the rest of the day.
Pros
Happy Fun place to work. Also competitive
Cons
none. Loved AZ
Running your own business and being accountable
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 11, 2017
Marketed new medical medicine designed to improve health and quality of life of patients.
• Built relationships and alliances to strengthen the healthcare community with our product line
• Increased Nexium market share from 33% to 35.7%
• Recognized as top performer in Region for Nexium sales
• Grew Crestor sales to top five out of 23 in the region
Hardest part of the job was having three managers in two years. The most enjoyable part was running your own business and being accountable for your results,
Great Work/Life Balance
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreJuly 6, 2017
Great company if you have a great manager. Work/Life balance is fantastic. Putting patients first is a priority and they have come along way to increase their pipeline.
Pros
Great Work Life Balance
Cons
Not tremendous room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.