Job Title: Outside Sales Professional – Technical Sales Manager Midwest
Reports To: Sales Manager – Midwest Region
FLSA Status: Exempt
*Location*: States include: North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana
Astro Pak is the leader in providing Passivation, Precision Cleaning and High-Purity Chemical Cleaning services for a wide variety of “cleanliness sensitive” critical systems and components. Many of our customers have external agencies that drive their cleaning requirements, such as the FDA, NASA and others. We service such industries as Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Aerospace, Laser, Semiconductor, Water Treatment and more, including Industrial markets.
The company, founded in 1959, has performed on-site precision chemical cleaning in every State of the union as well as several projects in Asia, continental Europe, England, Ireland and Mexico.
Do you possess the ability to see business opportunities that others miss? Are your persuasion skills so strong that you are able to earn the trust of gatekeepers and high level decision makers in a way that immediately gains their confidence? If so, this is the job for you – claim it!
The person that fills this position will call upon customers and prospects within their defined territory to service accounts and capture new sales opportunities. The Outside Salesperson (OSP) visits accounts, entertains customers and prospects, establishes and maintains relationships with clients, attends industry events and performs client education seminars.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Inside Sales Team and Estimator to identify and track all opportunities in the territory, and within the market segments serviced by the OSP; Collaborate with Operations Manager for account management
- Overcome objections of prospective customers
- Manage Estimator, if Estimator in region
- Able to travel and stay overnight as required
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Customer visits, job walks, trade shows, industry events, etc.; Engage in relevant industry associations
- Exhaustive Review of Pipeline on a monthly basis
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, aged leads, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established quotas
- Periodically conduct information-only presentations, such as seminars, trade show demonstrations, and other efforts.
- Study regional sales and marketing analytics to mitigate weaknesses and exploit strengths
- Develop and manage annual regional strategic sales plan
- Visit each customer within territory at least once per year; Build and maintain customer relationships
- Conduct Lunch ‘n Learns and presentations
- Review and define quantifiable scope of work to ensure proper bidding
- Provides Estimator and/or Operations Manager with needed information to create bid / proposal
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers
- Weekly: Actively participate in OSP team meeting and review pertinent deal
- Monthly: meet with VP Sales & Marketing, along with regional sales team to gain sales training; review: Metrics, Trend Data, Key Account Status; and address Regional Issues
- Quarterly: participates in quarterly sales department meetings
- Daily enter (or ensure that team enters) new customer data, deals, activities and other sales data into CRM
- Manage spending against budget
- Incorporate the company’s Values, Vision, Mission and learn the company history
- Read relevant sales department reading materials to stay abreast of market changes
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or passport.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education/Training/Certifications: Must have a 4 year degree, preferably in business or technical field. Individual must possess good mechanical aptitude, excellent presentation/communication skills and the ability to work under minimal or no supervision. Must be mechanically inclined in order to read and understand mechanical drawings.
License: Possess a valid class “C” driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Related Experience: Have a successful and quantifiable track record (6-10 years) in a quota-driven sales and business development capacity. Demonstrate a knack for prospecting and selling technical services. Familiar with the Pharmaceutical or Water Systems industries is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent computer skills using CRM database, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Effective communication skills in both verbal and written (training / presentations /report writing). Ability to interact at all levels of company and with people of various backgrounds and experience. Sales-driven, self-motivated, energetic, persuasive, organized, independent, with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to develop effective sales strategies. Must possess top negotiating skills and be able to build relationships. Must possess the ability to learn our service offering, systems we process, and affects of the chemistry on the metals.
Percent of Time
- Standing 10%
- Walking 20%
- Sitting 90%
- Use of hands, fingers 100%
- Reaching with hands and arms 100%
- Climb and balance 20%
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 15%
- Talk and hear 100%
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) 5%
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors 5%
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) 5%
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships) 5%
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds 5%
* Must be able to perform above listed duties/responsibilities in the *field and/or client site or field offices.
- May be exposed to dusty and noisy conditions periodically
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Team Player
- Self driven
- Good listener and communicator both internally / externally
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Astro Pak Corporation offers a competitive benefits package including health and dental Insurance, 401K retirement program, company paid holidays.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter through Indeed or through the company website via the careers link. In the subject heading, please write the specific job title you are applying for.
Astro Pak Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. Astro Pak prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability.