Astronautics Corp. Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Na
senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 3, 2015
Fun to work with other employees though management could do better promoting freedom to innovate though they are moving in right direction but slow
Good company but bad parking
QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 19, 2014
This was a job I enjoyed. I was a Q.A. Inspector and I had a great boss. I like the work I was doing and the people I worked with were very good people too. We had excellent benefits and always had great Christmas parties and separate ones for the kids. The only bad thing about working here was the parking. They had a very tiny parking lot in the back but you had to get there very early if you wanted a spot, otherwise you had to park on the street, which was a block or 2 away and the Police would come around every few hours and mark your tires so you had to go out and move your car. This was a daily routine and it's in a bad neighborhood so it got a little rough sometimes. I worked late a few times in the winter, which got dark early, and had to walk past a few scary looking people, by myself, to get to my car. I had to decline O.T. because of that.
Pros
good benefits, air conditioned and very clean work.
Cons
very poor parking conditions.
Lack of rules.
Enviromental Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 3, 2012
High pressure job that requires following the rules while fighting production managers when said managers want to break those rules. My co-workers are o.k. outside my department. However; my co-workers are clueless as to the stress I go through with the job. Management does not want the department I am currently working in to exist. I appear to be in the way of shipping products out the door.

I learned that when management says one thing and tries to make you do another, then I should leave.
Pros
good benefits. learning benifits of quality control.
Cons
loud noise, too far from home, lack of leadership in quality
Toxic Environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 30, 2015
95% of the regular employees are great. Certain key figures in management create a toxic environment for everybody. The new president is making a lot of positive change but change is very slow and tedious in this company.
Aca
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2015
This company is about 25 years behind the times. The facilities are in appaling condition. building over 100 years old. Plumbing fixtures like sinks are broken and are not being replaced.
Great company and great people currently revitalizing
Program Manager (PM) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 5, 2012
I enjoyed working at Astronautics, but decided to leave in 2011 because they were experiencing some financial dificulties that seemed very difficult to recover from. The executive management staff was really good, but there was one individual that was a little too secretive with what he did that made it difficult to manage a program.

I would definitely recommend this family owned and operated company.
Pros
very approachable executive staff and management, family oriented
Cons
currently going through financial problems, but will recover
Somedays were great others were not so great.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Everyday was different and interesting at Astronautics that is what made it a challenge and very enjoyable. The co-workers and my manager were very helpful and we worked well as a team together. The most difficult part of the job was having our management believe in our ideas when we were negotiating contracts. I learned I had to be two steps ahead of the buyer, but also two steps ahead of management.
Pros
co-workers were always there when you needed them most.
Cons
inability for departments to work together.
Excellent place to work with high calibur employees
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 16, 2012
Astronautics is a great place to work - if you work hard, your efforts are noticed. You also have the opportunity to get involved in things that you are interested in.
Pros
small company feel, not a lot of office politics, onsite cafeteria
I wanted to stay there
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2014
I was working for Astronautics Corp Of America through a temp service and I wish I could have stayed there longer. I wanted to stay with the company and retire but unfortunately the contract ended.
great diversity!
Mainframe Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2012
I enjoyed my 27 years as a mainframe computer operator at Astronautics Corp of America and would still be there if not for unfortunate timing. The Mainframe was eliminated during a severe business slowdon, which caused massive layoffs, including me. A great place to work!
astronautics has such a diversity of different cultures
maintenance (Former Employee) –  milwaukee wiJanuary 18, 2012
i enjoyed astronautics because the people there are the kind of people you could call your friends..they came from all walks of life and different countries
Pros
i enjoyed the people
Cons
not long enough there
Family Focused Company
HR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2014
Engineering Company, results are a focus, strong interdepartmental communication
Pros
high expectations and standards
Cons
my position was temporary