Astronautics Corp. Of America Employee Reviews

Not especially interesting work
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2016
While temping here I found the atmosphere drab and my bosses very busy work oriented. Not much room for advancement or monetary perks for even being there period.
Pros
Paid decently
Cons
Not interesting
Severe Abuse on Cultural Grounds, and Age Discrimination
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 7, 2016
My father gave this company over ten years of his life. He holds a Master's Degree from a reputable accredited university overseas, and was fully qualified for the position that was offered to him in the early 2000s. Since there was a language barrier due to a recent immigration (fresh off the boat) and little experience in conversational English, they have decided to completely disregard his professional technical qualifications and offer him a laughable rate of an entry level cashier, to which he had no choice but agree, considering the whole family's state of financial despair and insecurity. By doing this, they have demonstrated disrespect towards his very person-hood, disqualifying him as a professional and depriving him from an adequate salary that should have reflected his strong expertise in the field, and human worth in general.

Since my father is a humble, very responsible father, husband, and a hard working man, he would dutifully come to work with a soldier's precision, unfailingly, day by day, demonstrating high level of professionalism and diligence. His rare and humble attempts to get slightly promoted or get a raise in a salary for a couple of dollars were constantly suppressed and discouraged, while his job security had been constantly - and in an escalating manner - threatened.

Around two years ago this company hires a new manager/supervisor who is put in charge of hiring and firing procedures, and without a blink in the eye, he fires my father; their whole management claims that this decision is based on the choice of majority.

During his last
  more... months at work the management had been insisting that there isn't much work to do, very few projects, meanwhile enthusiastically hiring young people - recent college graduates.

Perhaps some business-driven enthusiasts would blatantly interpret this as a logical and necessary measure to improve business flow by injecting young blood into corporation's vessels, but the truth is surprisingly different. These cynical measures work for a very limited time period, but in the long run it severely compromises the company's reputation and puts a very dark and ugly mark on it that is impossible to erase or disguise.

Advice to business owners: avoid hiring management with poorly developed sense of justice and honor. By doing this you help spreading vanity disease that severely affects the quality of life of ordinary people....and the number of those hurt souls with broken hopes has been devastatingly increasing.

My father deserves a moral compensation for what has been done to him for all of those years at your company.
A nice place to work
Electronic Meter Calibrator (Former Employee) –  MilwuakeeMarch 2, 2016
Build black hawk, F15 jet fighters for the military learned how to fix meters that been out on the field for fifteen years, management is ok co-workers are cool and helpful the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you did your best in building a safe product for our military.
Pros
The Christmas parties
Cons
Short breaks and lunch
Na
senior software engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 3, 2015
Fun to work with other employees though management could do better promoting freedom to innovate though they are moving in right direction but slow
Toxic Environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 30, 2015
95% of the regular employees are great. Certain key figures in management create a toxic environment for everybody. The new president is making a lot of positive change but change is very slow and tedious in this company.
Aca
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2015
This company is about 25 years behind the times. The facilities are in appaling condition. building over 100 years old. Plumbing fixtures like sinks are broken and are not being replaced.
I wanted to stay there
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2014
I was working for Astronautics Corp Of America through a temp service and I wish I could have stayed there longer. I wanted to stay with the company and retire but unfortunately the contract ended.
Family Focused Company
HR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2014
Engineering Company, results are a focus, strong interdepartmental communication
Pros
High Expectations and Standards
Cons
My position was temporary
Good company but bad parking
QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 19, 2014
This was a job I enjoyed. I was a Q.A. Inspector and I had a great boss. I like the work I was doing and the people I worked with were very good people too. We had excellent benefits and always had great Christmas parties and separate ones for the kids. The only bad thing about working here was the parking. They had a very tiny parking lot in the back but you had to get there very early if you wanted a spot, otherwise you had to park on the street, which was a block or 2 away and the Police would come around every few hours and mark your tires so you had to go out and move your car. This was a daily routine and it's in a bad neighborhood so it got a little rough sometimes. I worked late a few times in the winter, which got dark early, and had to walk past a few scary looking people, by myself, to get to my car. I had to decline O.T. because of that.
Pros
Good benefits, air conditioned and very clean work.
Cons
Very poor parking conditions.
Somedays were great others were not so great.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Everyday was different and interesting at Astronautics that is what made it a challenge and very enjoyable. The co-workers and my manager were very helpful and we worked well as a team together. The most difficult part of the job was having our management believe in our ideas when we were negotiating contracts. I learned I had to be two steps ahead of the buyer, but also two steps ahead of management.
Pros
Co-Workers were always there when you needed them most.
Cons
Inability for departments to work together.
Great company and great people currently revitalizing
Program Manager (PM) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 5, 2012
I enjoyed working at Astronautics, but decided to leave in 2011 because they were experiencing some financial dificulties that seemed very difficult to recover from. The executive management staff was really good, but there was one individual that was a little too secretive with what he did that made it difficult to manage a program.

I would definitely recommend this family owned and operated company.
Pros
very approachable executive staff and management, family oriented
Cons
currently going through financial problems, but will recover
Excellent place to work with high calibur employees
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 16, 2012
Astronautics is a great place to work - if you work hard, your efforts are noticed. You also have the opportunity to get involved in things that you are interested in.
Pros
small company feel, not a lot of office politics, onsite cafeteria
Lack of rules.
Enviromental Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 3, 2012
High pressure job that requires following the rules while fighting production managers when said managers want to break those rules. My co-workers are o.k. outside my department. However; my co-workers are clueless as to the stress I go through with the job. Management does not want the department I am currently working in to exist. I appear to be in the way of shipping products out the door.

I learned that when management says one thing and tries to make you do another, then I should leave.
Pros
good benefits. learning benifits of quality control.
Cons
loud noise, too far from home, lack of leadership in quality
great diversity!
Mainframe Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2012
I enjoyed my 27 years as a mainframe computer operator at Astronautics Corp of America and would still be there if not for unfortunate timing. The Mainframe was eliminated during a severe business slowdon, which caused massive layoffs, including me. A great place to work!
astronautics has such a diversity of different cultures
maintenance (Former Employee) –  milwaukee wiJanuary 18, 2012
i enjoyed astronautics because the people there are the kind of people you could call your friends..they came from all walks of life and different countries
Pros
i enjoyed the people
Cons
not long enough there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Astronautics Corp. Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6