Astronautics Corp. Of America

Astronautics Corp. Of America Employer Reviews

Family Focused Company
HR (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2014
Pros: high expectations and standards
Cons: my position was temporary
Engineering Company, results are a focus, strong interdepartmental communication
Good company but bad parking
QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits, air conditioned and very clean work.
Cons: very poor parking conditions.
This was a job I enjoyed. I was a Q.A. Inspector and I had a great boss. I like the work I was doing and the people I worked with were very good people too. We had excellent benefits and always had great Christmas parties and separate ones for the kids. The only bad thing about working here was the parking. They had a very tiny parking lot in the back but you had to get there very early if you wanted a spot, otherwise you had to park on the street, which was a block or 2 away and the Police would come around every few hours and mark your tires so you had to go out and move your car. This was a daily routine and it's in a bad neighborhood so it got a little rough sometimes. I worked late a few times in the winter, which got dark early, and had to walk past a few scary looking people, by myself, to get to my car. I had to decline O.T. because of that.
Somedays were great others were not so great.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers were always there when you needed them most.
Cons: inability for departments to work together.
Everyday was different and interesting at Astronautics that is what made it a challenge and very enjoyable. The co-workers and my manager were very helpful and we worked well as a team together. The most difficult part of the job was having our management believe in our ideas when we were negotiating contracts. I learned I had to be two steps ahead of the buyer, but also two steps ahead of management.
Great company and great people currently revitalizing
Program Manager (PM) (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 5, 2012
Pros: very approachable executive staff and management, family oriented
Cons: currently going through financial problems, but will recover
I enjoyed working at Astronautics, but decided to leave in 2011 because they were experiencing some financial dificulties that seemed very difficult to recover from. The executive management staff was really good, but there was one individual that was a little too secretive with what he did that made it difficult to manage a program.

I would definitely recommend this family owned and operated company.
Excellent place to work with high calibur employees
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 16, 2012
Pros: small company feel, not a lot of office politics, onsite cafeteria
Astronautics is a great place to work - if you work hard, your efforts are noticed. You also have the opportunity to get involved in things that you are interested in.
Lack of rules.
Enviromental Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 3, 2012
Pros: good benefits. learning benifits of quality control.
Cons: loud noise, too far from home, lack of leadership in quality
High pressure job that requires following the rules while fighting production managers when said managers want to break those rules. My co-workers are o.k. outside my department. However; my co-workers are clueless as to the stress I go through with the job. Management does not want the department I am currently working in to exist. I appear to be in the way of shipping products out the door.

I learned that when management says one thing and tries to make you do another, then I should leave.
great diversity!
Mainframe Computer Operator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2012
I enjoyed my 27 years as a mainframe computer operator at Astronautics Corp of America and would still be there if not for unfortunate timing. The Mainframe was eliminated during a severe business slowdon, which caused massive layoffs, including me. A great place to work!
astronautics has such a diversity of different cultures
maintenance (Former Employee), milwaukee wiJanuary 18, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed the people
Cons: not long enough there
i enjoyed astronautics because the people there are the kind of people you could call your friends..they came from all walks of life and different countries

About Astronautics Corp. Of America

Sometimes it's hard to know which way is up, but Astronautics Corporation of America gives good directions. The company makes, – Read more