Asurion

Asurion Employer Reviews

Relaxed work enviroment, emploment advancement oppurtunities, decent salary
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: free roadside assistance, bonuses, overtime available, advancement oppurtunities, friendly work environment.
Handled roadside assistance requests for various wireless providers, learned about the pros and cons of having roadside assistance, was able to advance in the company quickly.
Can be a fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), work at homeMay 20, 2014
Pros: no travel
Cons: isolation
I work both split and straight shifts I clock in for my shift and begin receiving calls from customers until assigned break/and lunch. I have contact with co-workers and management through email of IM. The hardest part of the job is the isolation of working at home to a set schedule. They most enjoyable part of my position is resolving technical issues.
i love my job
pss help desk technician (Current Employee), nashvill, tnMay 20, 2014
Pros: relaxed enviornment; open floor plan so you dont feel like your in a 'call center'
Cons: they take your pto to replace your lateness
i reallly love my job!! i work the a.m., ive been here for 3months. training was hard and extensive but they over prepare you so dont worry if you begin. attire is casual but i do business casual. your stats are looked at so keep them up but dont feel like your always on the edge or on your toes of loosing your job. benefits start after 3months and – more... if your late to work it will come out of your PTO time so dont be late!!! i have no complaints other than the fact they TAKE my PTO away from me w/o my permission...but i shouldnt be late anyway. i really enjoy this job. i average about 10-12 calls a day. ATT customers are always nice, i heard VERIZON customers arent always that nice and i hear that SPRINT customers will be just like ATT customers. i have no complaints about the job. i come to work in business casual outfits and try my best to listen to the opprotunites that my coach tells me to work on so that i can move up in the company FAST. i know two people who started in my position and after 8months-1yr they moved up to a easier $20 hrly position. i am excited about my career here, but i know it is ONLY step up and a helping hand because i still have my personal business plan in the works. – less
Great place to work for.
Licensed Coverage Adjuster (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 18, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunities.
Cons: n/a
Rewarding job that is fast paced. Do your job well and they will take care of you and your family like family.
Great locale and flexible work hours
Lean Line Technician (Current Employee), smyrna tnMay 16, 2014
I came into this company not knowing what I was getting myself into. Once I started in my department, things got much comfortable then. Everyone is typically in pretty good spirits which made the work environment really manageable. The hours are really great for people with families and young adults who are going to school. If you forget your food, – more... no worries, they have vendors on the daily. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Crestview, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: too far from home
Co-workers were like family. Everyone treated you with respect. Not a very challenging job
Fast-growing, innovative technology company
Premier Support Solutions (PSS) Technician (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 12, 2014
Great job to get your foot in the door in the wireless industry
Outstanding place to work
Software Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 9, 2014
I enjoyed the challenge you get from working here. The management team is always willing to help and provide support. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with and hang out with.
Great company to work with.
CARE SOLUTIONS TEAM (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 8, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: management is not as good as it could be.
If you have the right skills and attitude there is plenty of room for advancement.
Not a bad place to work.
Mobile Tech Support (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 7, 2014
I loved working here, because of the environment and people you are able to interact with. If you work hard, you will be able to move up the ladder very fast.
Fun Working enviroment
In-bound Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 7, 2014
This Job was a fun environment to be able to work from home. My day started out signing into my system ,answering calls for customers concerning their insurance policy with their phone.
Extended Family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston,TxApril 29, 2014
I would log on my computer open up the sofware i used during my work day. I would start taking calls for customers when need to file a claim for the cell phones. Management was good when I ran into an issus. I loved my co-workers. som of us became like a family. The hardest part of the job was disrespect and the verbal abuse we recive on a daliy base. – more... The best part of the job is getting to spend tme with some of the people whom have became extended family. – less
No accountability
At home customer service agent (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 22, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: no help by managers
Not an employee friendly environment. No support. Damaged personal computer.
productive, fast pace environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAApril 11, 2014
Pros: sit down work; work 3-4 consecutive days; no mandatory overtime; incentive bonuses; lunch vendors
Cons: no structured raises (merit increases annually)
A day at Asurion usually depends on the work load. Work is production based. Days with less work are undoubtedly easier while days where work loads are high it can become overwhelmingly stressful. Management tends to throw new operations to supervisors and leads basically hoping it's going to work and technicians and engineers tend to lack in communication – more... but my observation is from a warehouse associates point of view. However i will say it's not common for management and the people implementing these ideas to actually test them. Every idea is calculated and based on tact times to decide rates, and 9 times out of are 10 inaccurate.

The actual work operations are very easy and the base pay is nice. especially for those stepping into the work field for the first time. Many diverse people from different countries make for an exciting workplace. I almost forgot to mention that you sit down all day. – less
Not a career position
Customer Care- Directv Tech Suppoet (Current Employee), Nashville - work at homeApril 10, 2014
Pros: legitimate work at home position, free directv, affordable health care
Cons: micromanagement, low pay, work load, stressful
It's a popularity contest from the time you get your employment offer letter. Expect to be stringently micromanaged and expected to like it. If you question anything beyond just clarification, you'll be blacklisted. That's no exaggeration.

Before starting with the work at home program, you'll need to prepare to get a notary to virtually notarize your – more... W9. That was a struggle for me. Others may have not had that experience. It was hard to convince my clerks office I wasn't trying to scam them.

Although Directv tech support is what you are offered, you'll be sales (aggressive sales), tech support, billing, and service call scheduling. Asurion is primarily an insurance/warranty company so you'll be expected to pitch and sale warranty plans through each and every call.

You'll get 4 weeks of classroom training and 2 weeks of nesting, but trust me when I say that even with a background in networking and electronics, I had issues keeping up and feeling comfortable with taking calls. There's a lot of material. A lot of people from my class had Directv in their homes already and did well out of familiarity with the setup, but I didn't start off with that luxury.

All-in-all, you will be expected to sell 10 warranties per month, have an AHT of 735 seconds, have an absenteeism percentage of less than 7% per month, and you'll use multiple programs in your VPN so a fast cable or DSL connection is required, as well as a land line phone without caller id, *69, call waiting, or voicemail. – less
Good job if your aren't working for the call center.
Mobile Tech Support (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 9, 2014
Cons: advancement and job security
Environment wasn't professional at all. Very fast pace and hectic. Management didn't really prep you for advancement because once they got to supervisor there advancement was pretty much up. The pay was 14.50 an hour but you worked on most holidays. The most enjoyable part about my job was when they bought catered food for us which was at least 2 to – more... 3 times a month. – less
Great working environment with excellent management
Human Resources, Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Russellville, ARApril 3, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: temporary position
I have been working as a temp for the past 10 months at Asurion in the Human Resources Department. It has been an excellent experience and have loved every day there.
it was a fun place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMarch 31, 2014
handled phone calls with directv customers and worked with the customers using a computer walking them step by step on what to do .
Fun and Relaxed
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2014
Asurion is more like going to hangout with your friends than work some days. Everyone is very friendly and it makes a very relaxed and enjoyable work day. The management team really cares and invests their time in the employees. The customers are sometimes the hardest part of the job because you encounter so many personalities but at the end of the – more... day if you help resolve their issue it is a really enjoyable experience. – less
A typical day at work
Premiere Solution Support for Verizon Wireless (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 25, 2014
Come in on time, SMILE, do your best and hope that someone will notice your dedication to succeed.

About Asurion

For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions – Read more