Asurion Employee Reviews in United States

Working from home
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 21, 2016
Can't say too much working from home, but never had any problems with the company. I work for Asurion, but contracted out to DIRECTV doing tech support on the phone. Typical day is just taking phone calls until shift ends.
Don't waste your time
PSS (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2016
If it were possible to rate at ZERO stars - I would. There is NOTHING great to say about this employer. The facility is run by someone who used to be involved with another mobile carrier before they lost their shirt. What does that say?

Management is raw; no experience walking around on the floor. The representatives are taught to have "fun"! Whoo Hoo! which trims the fat to bare bones in terms of professionalism.

No advancement - real advancement - opportunities

The people they hire simply have NO clue

The supervisors have NO clue

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
Cons
very clean and safe work place with amazing people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJanuary 19, 2016
I learned to troubleshoot directv problems. A day at asurion was very productive and stressfree which i really appreciated. i loved asurion
Rewarding and interesting experience.
Customer Service Representative Work At Home (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day is filled with requests for help from customers in need of direction with their Directv account. I have learned more technical information than I ever thought I would. Management is supportive, and my coworkers are like a family. The hardest part of my job is trying to reconnect an entire whole home system by just picturing it in my mind, while talking the customers through it. The most enjoyable aspect is tele-meeting so many people from different areas of the US. I enjoy feeling like I make a difference in the success and culture of the company I work for.
my experience
customer service rep for alltel (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2016
I had worked there in 2007 I was only late one time due the train being at a complete stop. I worked a lot of overtime every week and only used my pto time to move to my apartment and in the midst of moving I went to work and was fired for no reason. I really loved that job but the way I was done and let go was not fair and very unprofessional. I recommend that if you work for them please be on your p and qs with them
Pros
flexible scheduling overtime hours good
Cons
unfair treatment
Awesome place to work
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 13, 2016
I loved my job by helping others and learning how to meet and exceed goals for the company. Best part of the job was that I had the freedom to make my own goals and the company would notice how I was improving.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no cons
Senior Manager, Systems Operations (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 11, 2016
Entrepreneurial spirited environment, with intelligent employees striving for the same goals.
Training offered to further skill sets
fast paced and ever changing priorities and management plans
Pros
Flexibility and competitive compensation
Cons
high management turn over and reorganizing
production sucks and they have lots of favoritism in the work place
receiving associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 6, 2016
not good place to work., a lots of headache and people are not friendly. its a stressful job , i didn't like it. i give this company one star,.
Pros
you get managers every six months
Cons
policy is BS
great i love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2016
Asurion is a great place to work the people are helpful and the environment it even more amazing . its hard to get on but once your on everything is great
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NONE
stressful work environment
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 28, 2015
horrible company only values money not the health of their workers and their families. the only ones that matter are the bosses and they are the ones not doing a thing.
Best place to work. Superb atmosphere and friendly people.
Premier Solutions Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed every minute of my job at Asurion. I loved the people there, the friendly atmosphere, the amount of variety of different clients. There were two breakrooms instead of one so that was a plus and I liked the modern decor
Pros
big breakrooms, clean call center
Cons
management needs to be retrained
Brown Nose to succeed.This job completely sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 18, 2015
Plenty of hours and decent pay. horrible managment and no job security. i loved to hate this job. 3 thumbs down. Trash job. only work here if you hit rock bottom
Productive and fun workplace
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNDecember 17, 2015
workers able to play ping pong/gaming systems during appropriate break and lunch times
compensation and benefits were great
atmosphere in the workplace was warming and clean
Great Company
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2015
Fast pace environment answering customer calls, as soon as one call ended an call rings in. The working environment very enjoyable, with a friendly employees from co-workers to upper level supervisors. There was always bonus programs being offered
Pros
Trainers and supervisors very helpful
Cons
The commute
Call Center Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
Great Company, team support, Excellent company. As I didn't expect much but this team of ASURION are well groomed and there training is phenomenal
Horrible, Horrible Training
Remote Customer Service/Sales/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Kaufman, TXDecember 3, 2015
My training consisted of 4 weeks of basically sitting on the other end of a muted line while my trainer helped people figure out how to use a computer. When it came time to get onto the phones, I had no idea how to search the database correctly to pull up the information I needed. I had a vague outline of what to say to the customer but no real knowledge on how to fix their problems or to look it up and troubleshoot quickly. On the job training is great but not when it's just you and the customer on the phone and you have one person to reach out to for questions in a chat box that is assisting multiple new people and you have to wait on them to answer. And reaching out to them proved pointless because they just give you a "you'll be fine".

My coach was helpful but in the end the lack of training and confidence in what I was doing made the job entirely too stressful for the wage. I didn't see it getting better any time soon and found a less stressful more lucrative position. Working in your Pj's might be great for some.. but I can't be that moron on the other end of the line that has no clue what they are talking about. You can't provide good customer service or tech support when you don't have proper training on the product/services or the troubleshooting software.

The split shift sounded like a good idea but really it just left me getting little sleep and with no time to do anything.
Pros
paid to do nothing during training
Cons
pretty much everything
The worse place ever
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2015
This is the top one for one of the worse places to work. I worked in the Mobile Tech Support department. Too many politics for my liking. Everyone trying to sleep with each other and that included the management team. This place should be a reality show with all of the drama. No training, communication or ethics! The Director knows what is going but in bed with the others.. Stay away.. HR will not help or listen.
Pros
Cons
No ethics

Comment – December 17, 2015

This really helped in my decision to go there. I heard this before and now know it to be true.

Exciting and challenging. Fun place to work.
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTDecember 3, 2015
The best perks given than any other place I have ever worked.
Comfortable and inviting work environment. Great supervisors. Good benefits.
Pros
Excellent incentives
Cons
Office closed
Productve and Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 2, 2015
Great environment and management. I love to working here. Great training program. I would consider staying if offered part time for the low pay
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
pay too low and not part time or flexible shifts
Stable employment//
Customer Service-Technical (Former Employee) –  homebasedNovember 30, 2015
Good benefits,unlimited overtime
Many employee perks
Several employee discounts
Flexible schedule
metrics are hard to obtain
Pros
free satellite tv
Cons
no time off during football season