Asurion

Asurion Employer Reviews

Good company overall.
Premier Support Technical Lead (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2014
People dealing with people. It's as basic as that. I was a satisfied employee.
good pay, okay benefits, great PTO policy, tough matrix's
Verizon Technical Coach (Current Employee), phoenixJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free food often, 30min pto per 8hrs worked, clean environment
Cons: almost impossible matrix's, a bad customer survey can cost you your job.
"training" was pointless. 4 weeks of wasted time talking about peoples favorite piece of technology, and learning outdated processes that weren't updated in the training curriculum. It would be much more beneficial to let trainees shadow a tech for 4 weeks.
After training you go into a 2 week residency on the phones where you actually learn HOW to switch – more... the customers number to a different phone(instead of being told in training "this is the name of the program you will use to switch a number to a different device"), but better learn QUICK because your stats count from the 1st day in residency and there is no slack because you are new. If you graduate from residency and get to keep your job, congratulations! But you still have an axe hanging over your head in the form of a customer survey which asks "how would you rate your overall experience with (insert wireless carrier name here)"? It dosnt ask the customer to rate their tech coach. the cust buys a new device and 2 days later has gone through 5gbs of data and is mad at the overage prices, she calls in, tech educates her and sets up data limits, she loves the tech when the call ends. The customer gets the survey and gives a 6 out of 10 because she is angry the store didnt do that for her, now you have to answer to your manager about this caller/survey.

If you know technology then the job is simple enough. Even though I got thrown to the wolves with VERY minimal training, it wasnt impossible to figure out. The hard part is meeting your matrix's and following their demanding call flow requirements.

overall: good pay, okay benefits, great PTO policy, ridiculous stat demands. – less
Productive but sometimes rather difficult
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Klamath Falls, ORJuly 15, 2014
Pros: job security, approachable management
Cons: healthcare, worked liked you are expendable, paperless desks, unable to be an individual with cubical
A typical day at Asurion is taking care of customers, anywhere from the simplest of issues to the more complex things. Be warned though, often times you will be cursed out, berated and put down because the customer is just angry.
What I've learned from working for this company is that they often try and make people feel appreciated but work us until – more... we are literally sick. When it comes to absentee, even if the reason for your absence is honest (such as having no voice), you much work even when you are death's door.
Management is always very approachable, and always consider your feelings during difficult things. However, rumors are quickly spread through centers and often, if you are the one in the middle of it, you will be spoken with and have HR keep a close eye on you, even if the allegations are false.
Most of my coworkers are great people, but as I said before, drama is quick to ensue and often leads to much infighting.
The hardest part of the job would again have to be how hard they work us. Even if you are honestly not feeling well, go to the doctor, do not have a voice even (considering you talk all day) you mustn't go over the percentage they have set forth (A full day absent is all the percentage you get the entire month).
However the most enjoyable portion of my job would have to be seeing and meeting so many great people and the fact that I can make additional money through all the incentive programs they have. – less
Productive and fun work place
Verizon Tech Coach (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2014
A fun and productive work environment. Learned new things every day .
Good
Hyperion Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2014
• 5+ years of extensive experience in application design and development using Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR) and Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDM)(System 7.x, 9.x,11.x).
• In depth experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from Requirement gathering to User Acceptance – more... Testing, using Hyperion Products (Essbase, Planning, and FDM).
• Collected data by understanding business flow and interviewing the users.
• Used various ERP tools to manage monthly financial consolidation process.
• Extensive experience with automation and batch scripting using Hyperion scripting languages such as MaxL, Esscmd and Visual Basic API. – less
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), houston, texasJuly 9, 2014
Its okay it could be a better place with better orgnazation security is okay. the calls sometimes be high and sometimes be low. the shift bids suck
Application Process is too Long and Questions are Insulting to Adult Professionals
Customer Service (Former Employee), KSJuly 8, 2014
Pros: wasted my time
Cons: takes too much time
They literally expect you to spend about an hour answering basic MS Windows questions and completing a mock service process.

I am under the impression that for any job you need to contact me and then we discuss the position before we move forward and you take up my time for a 9$ an hour position.

This job is obviously looking for uneducated, unprofessional – more... workers who have no literal experience.

Waste of time. – less
Benefit Verification Specialist
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2014
The overall experience was great. The fast paced environment is great. This is a work at home job so the best part is the fact that I work at home.
productive closed in workspace, with much effort to make it fun
CCR I - Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSJune 23, 2014
My job at this company consists of sitting at a cubicle with 2 computer monitors worth of information while taking phone calls for Directv Technical Troubleshooting. We handle billing inquiries, technical issues, scheduling service calls, ordering replacement equipment, ordering upgraded equipment, disclosing information with orders, and overall giving – more... friendly customer service. – less
working from home with Asurion
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJune 21, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: short breaks
I like working from home with this company but there are not many ways to advance in the company. Pay is not bad but 6 month raise is not much. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult people on the phone.
Outstanding, Exciting COMPANY!
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2014
Pros: exciting, great pay, rewarding
Cons: learning, rare angry customer
Working for Asurion I learned the many capabilities of 1 single phone. And how important that 1 piece of technology is. Overall the atmosphere of the Phoenix Asurion office was fun, homey, and professional. An ideal workplace for any person wanting to work in the call center field. The management made me feel like we are all capable of doing this amazing – more... and being a hero in someone's day, or sometimes even years. I had the pleasure of making a few customers thank me with tears of joy because of lost photos of loved ones that you are able to teach them how to retrieve. Everyday you get to bask in the aww of technology. The hardest part of Asurion would be the constant learning of the technologies within phones, of course the rare customer that is already angry and yelling at you, but it is easily overlooked by the pay! The enjoyable part of the job would have to be truly teaching someone about technology, bringing someone in the "know", and swaying those angry customers to trust the company and put faith in their pay agreement. – less
good place to work good benefits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 20, 2014
Taking calls for customer to file insurance claims for wireless phones. I learned a lot about claims and satisfying the customer. I had great co-workers who was always there to help. The hardest part was the upset customers you couldn't make happy no matter what you did. Working with people and working from home.
Great place to work, horrible policies.
PSS Technician (Current Employee), Antioch, TNJune 19, 2014
Pros: great pay.
Cons: shift policies.
I am currently employed and in my first week of residency, my only complaint is how they do initial schedules. I was promised a morning shift when hired but am now forced to work the night shift simply because we drew our schedules out a box...literally. Furthermore, if you want to be promoted, you must wait six months between positions...even if you – more... are qualified. Overall, decent place to work. Extremely strict on policies. – less
great job
analyst (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 18, 2014
great job... very good job if you are ready to move up fast. growing company
center vs. work at home
Cusotmer Care Rep. (Current Employee), Altoona, PAJune 18, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: not that easy to advance
working in the center was great I got along with my coworkers and was able to win lots of prizes with all the different contests. My biggest mistake was going to work at home. I have to rely on chat for answers to questions when in the center I could just turn to my neighbor or find a sup walking around. my stats have suffered because of it as well. – more... I highly recoment working in the center not working from home. – less
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Verizon Tech Coach (Current Employee), Antioch, TNJune 17, 2014
Pros: management is very helpful and respectful
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work! I love everything about the job, I just personally would rather work in the field I'm attending school for.
Very unorganized
Verizon Tech Coach/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: unable to conduct normal family life
Asurion while the pay is there, they offer no schedule flexibility, i need a Monday through Friday so i can see my kids on a regular basis, I am not sure how they choose there management because it is defiantly not based off of experience seeing how most of there management is under 21 while someone like me is stuck answering there phone calls
great company to work for.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Crestview, FLJune 15, 2014
Pros: company kitchen is well stocked and inexpensive
Cons: the late shift severely reduces time available for family activities
The management staff is excellent and the call center environment is relaxed and professional. The benefits aree par for the course when comparing most corporations of this size. Employee morale is a priority and the job performance bonuses are tops.
Friendly and fun enviroment
Premier Support I.T. Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Pros: provide healthy snacks, ping pong table, bean bag toss and activites
Cons: short breaks short lunches
Asurion has a great environment and friendly staff members provide lots of activities and boost morale for their employees
Good Hours and people are easy to get along with
Repair Operations Center Lean Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNJune 10, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: low wage and not much chance for moving up
A little tough to move up in the company. Steady work and great co-workers

About Asurion

For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions – Read more