Asurion Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment / tech based / great place to learn
Tech Lead / Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2015
I have enjoyed expanding my technical experience. In the process of troubleshooting, I have learned advanced tips and tricks that are applicable to different technologies and devices.

Daily, I assist group chat and help agents that are needing help on their calls. I also assist supervisors by monitoring the call queue as well as perform side by side coaching to provide technical feedback regarding technicians technical performance.
Pros
Great place to grow your tech skills.
Cons
Change is sudden and communication isn't always clear.
Great company to work for.
Premiere Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville TNSeptember 15, 2015
Typical day at work involved coming in clocking in and assisting customers with issue's they have with their verizon devices. Learned soft skills and how to deal with aggravated customers fast and efficiently. Pay and benefits are great.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and lots of overtime.
Cons
Short breaks, tools and software change.
Very loving and family company
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2015
This is was the best company I have every worked for. The supervisors are very helpful and caring and are ready to assist in anything that you might need help with.
Pros
VERY GOOD COMPANY
Cons
THE PAY WAS LOW
loved it
Tech support (Former Employee) –  klamath Falls OrSeptember 12, 2015
plain and simple i was very upset to leave i loved working there very much great people all around and are willing to help you when you need it. im sad i had to move becasue it was an incredable job to work at
Pros
everything
Cons
angry customers
productive, fun
SQA Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2015
Good team atmosphere and fair work/ life balance. Lots of training and team building. Great benefits. Lots of time off.
A company with an unrealistic dream
Pss Technician (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNSeptember 10, 2015
I worked for Asurion for 5 months as a PSS technician. My jobs consisted of working as an inbound call center. Training was fantastic and gave you an unrealistic view of what life would be like. Overall your ranking about the call center technicians is largely based on a survey taken at the sent randomly at the end of the day that is answer by smart phone. Anything less than a perfect 10 is essentially a detractor and mistaken keystrokes cannot be challenged. While I was there we were looking at mandatory overtime for 3-5 hours a week. These hours could not be changed even for dental surgery. You had to take no show penalty despite a week of advance notice. There is no opportunity for advancement or really for horizon transfer although many of those who started in the company years make their name doing exactly that. I cannot recommend this company.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
No chance for advancement, mandatory overtime, poor performance evaluation metrics.
Work at home environment
Technical Support CSR taking calls (Current Employee) –  New Market, ALSeptember 4, 2015
Although training was extensive, once moved into a full production program the support was very limited. As a fast learner, I was able to continue my high level of work, however several of my peers would reach out to me for assistance.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
Lack of Interpersonal Contact
The Current Asurion
Premier Support Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2015
My job used to be amazing, TONS of multitasking, support when we need it, but right now, everyone is quitting, and the sight of everyone jumping ship is making me nervous, the turn over rate is far too high, i have been employed with the company for over a year, the fear in us all right now, is that there is NO room for advancement, as they are not promoting within using tenured techs with experience, but hiring out of company, bringing in new people who aren't prepared to deal with what we deal with. Hence causing a high turn over rate.
Pros
Unlimited overtime, opportunity to bonus $450 per check IF the impossible metrics are met
Cons
Not a lot of support, high turn over rate, no room for advancement
Crappiest company dodge this one quickly
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Las vegasSeptember 2, 2015
This company try to attempt to create a superhero minded culture that f****** suck. how can u f**k up super heroes!!!!they are new to vegas and offer horrible pto _agent start of with 6hrs per month (localsnothataints**t) then they bring everybody from the company who ever got further to tell their story from start to end every f**king time u see them to get u to stay. I left BOA for this place wrong move! and they are a 3rd PARTY VERIZON COMPANY AND THIRD PARTY GIVE ZERO F*** ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES.IE(SITEL) THEY TELL U THAT U MUST Help E VERY CUSTOMER WITH THEIR PHONES BUT THEY ONLY HAVE THE THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND NOT THE VERIZON SOFTWARE, SO IT LEAVE U LIMITED TO HELP CUSTOMERS AND EASY TO FAIL. If u miss over 6 days in a year u r fired!!MY TRAINING CLASS ONLY CONTINUED WITH 5 PPLS STAYING,I STAYED FOR 9MNTHS DUE TO WAITING FOR BOA TO START A HIRING CLASS AGIN. The place is very nice do not be deceived, but they value their building more than the employees as well lol. I went back to BOA and I'm happy. I WORK FOR GREAT COMPANIES IN MY PASS SUCH AS BARCLAY SPRINT NETFLIX AND ALL BUT THIS PLACE TOPS THE HATE LIST. Pleaseee avoid!!!!!
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Training systems to support employees. Work moral. attendance policy PTO VACATION TIME INSURANCE
Great company to work for with plenty of incentives.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 31, 2015
Asurion, in all, is a great company to work for. If you're looking for a company with advancement opportunities, Asurion is it. They are more likely to hire within the company for management positions than they are from people outside the company. It is a very fast paced job. Whether you're management or a entry level Representative, everyone stays busy. For basic CCR's, you will take anywhere from 50-100+ calls a day, depending on staffing levels and call volumes. There are certain elements within the job that are looked at unfairly, but no job is perfect. What I mean by this is, Asurion offers CCR's whats known as VTO (Voluntary Time Off) periodically, depending on call volumes and staffing levels. You really never know when its going to be given out. You are provided a program where you can monitor your daily schedule and this also includes VTO monitoring. Only so many slots are given out when it opens up, so if you aren't part of the lucky few, you're stuck there for the remainder of the day taking heavy call volumes because they let others go home. Other than that aspect, it truly is a great company to work for, with LOTS of pay incentives and on site facilities that include a gym, showers, break room, and other perks and on site amenities. (They let you watch T.V. while taking calls.)
Pros
Pay, advancement opportunities, great facilities (gym, showers, break room, office equipment)
Cons
Fast paced, Mentally exhausting (take anywhere from 50-100+ calls a day), hardly any time off the phones (bathroom time can be looked at negatively)
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 31, 2015
Fun work place. There was always something exciting going on that inspired you to work harder. The company offered overtime daily which was great for those that could use the extra money.
Pros
Over time was offered daily
Cons
Hard to get a shift change
Work at home
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 30, 2015
I work from home in an distraction free office with a lock on the door to protectcompanyinformation . The Job is awesome because i work from home in my pj's if i want>
Its ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2015
Little accountability, little pay, but easy work a good entry level job. Good experience, overall i enjoyed my experience there
Pros
Good benefits and experience
Cons
Low pay
It was a very productive and fun place to work whether at the onsite company or at home.
Inbound T-Mobile Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 25, 2015
It was a very productive and fun place to work whether at the onsite company and the pay was great I really enjoyed working there.
Welcoming environment
Customer Service Rep/Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 22, 2015
I favored that they were looking to grow from within with higher positions. So you were constantly there striving for better knowing your hard work would pay off.
Pros
You were able to earn raises monthly by meeting numbers
Cons
Better equipment needed
Mediocrity is your friend
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VaAugust 20, 2015
You know that company that stays afloat despite seemingly doing things slowly and as inefficiently as possible. You think to yourself "how are they still in business". Well you may thinking about Asurion's Retail Insurance sector. Not only do they overcomplicate simple concepts but they invest in efforts that are decades OLD. All without evaluating whether their engineering practices are in line with industry standards. Red tape and Bureaucracy on par with government systems all while expecting top industry results. Silos and fiefdoms...yup we have them.
horrible company, that doesn't value YOU
Professor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2015
Dont come here, run away, better companies out there with better morales. this company does not value you, your abilities, or what you do for them,
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
Difficut dealing with customers
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Rusellville, ArkansasAugust 18, 2015
Asurion only handles the protection plans that companies have sold. They do not make the rules, but only enforce them. It was very hard being cursed at for nothing I did, being yelled at for telling a customer they need to go to the actual company itself. Customers never understood that we didn't have anything to do with the rules.
You never have weekends off unless you are there 90 days, then you get put in a mandatory shift bid and you will either get a worse schedule than you already have, or you may get weekends off with later hours during the week. It just wasn't a good job. However, I loved the team I was on. There was so much fun. You did get bonuses with meeting quotas, there was a free meal to all once a week, and there were lots of games and competitions for the workers. That part was awesome.
the benefits are good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2015
Typical workday consists of a relaxed worked day and calls can be slow,it depends on the day, My peers are wonderful, The management could use more training.
My favorite position
Repair Technician/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2015
I loved the fast-paced environment here. It was after accepting a position with Asurion that I discovered my passion for tech support and device repair. I became very skilled at troubleshooting, repairing and checking devices for quality. I loved how fast-paced and challenging the work was. I went on to do technical support for end-users in this position, and I truly enjoyed being able to help customers and get their devices working properly for them.