Asurion

Asurion Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Client Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, work/life balance, great managers
Great people to wok with and knowledgeable. Willing to mentor you and provide opportunities for you to grow and advance your career.
Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Care Re (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTJuly 26, 2014
Pros: gym with punching bag and workout equipment, pool table, big screen tv
Cons: computer issues
Resolve customers issues. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that do not understand what the plan they purchased covered and want to argue with you about it. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have meet alot of nice people that I like to consider friends.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Verizon Wireless Tech Coach (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2014
Working at Asurion is not your typical call center. You can promote within the company and love your job.
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (BILINGUAL) (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: high pace environment
Cons: it can be a very demanding environment
High pace environment with tremendous company growth. Very fast paced company with a tremendous amount of opportunity to learn and grow. You can have a direct contribution to the company's growth. The people that you work with are absolutely amazing! A highly collaborative environment.
Very Fast pace and busy.
Lean Specialist (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: part time only so it fit into my scheduled
Cons: it's fast food. so it obviously didn't pay enough.
A typical day at work would be me coming in and cook right away. I've learn a little about prepping food and condiments. Management was good. My co-workers was great. Hardest part of the job is when orders are stack. Food takes certain times and their is only one cooker in the kitchen. Most enjoyable part was probably the people i work with.
Productive workplace, caring immediate supervisors.
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2014
Pros: ping pong table, provided job resources, insurance package, ease of work.
Cons: management, compensation.
Asurion has been my career home since September of 2013, and I've loved it here nearly the whole time. In my day to day functions I am supporting agents, and providing them answers as they assist our customer base.

Our direct supervisors seem to care deeply about results, and not as deeply about our internal well-being. There are certainly a few people – more... further up in the ranks that care very much about the company and the individual employee, such as the SVP Susan Nokes, who have a very servant leadership oriented attitude, putting the employees happiness and improvement above their own.

However, there is a large portion of the management population that does not seem to care at all. They do not compensate appropriately for providing more work in a harder position, nor do they take into account the external lives of their employees when making position impacting decisions.

All in all, Asurion is an excellent company to work for, it is fun work compared to other centers, and it is a fairly stress free environment for lower level employees despite the lack of empathy from management. – less
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 21, 2014
Monitor the daily activities and performance of my team
Conduct performance evaluations
weekly coaching
Oversea 12- 20 agents
Productive place to work and also great coworkers
Program Specialist-Supervisor (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 18, 2014
Asurion by far has been a great place to start my career. There has been many opportunities for workplace advancements
Good Invironment
Help Desk/Technical Support (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 16, 2014
Helping customers with problems ranging from small to large. Very scripted and my co-workers are very understanding and helpful. The hardest thing about the job is telling a customer they will have no DirecTV for almost a week before dispatching a technician.
Good company overall.
Premier Support Technical Lead (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2014
People dealing with people. It's as basic as that. I was a satisfied employee.
good pay, okay benefits, great PTO policy, tough matrix's
Verizon Technical Coach (Current Employee), phoenixJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free food often, 30min pto per 8hrs worked, clean environment
Cons: almost impossible matrix's, a bad customer survey can cost you your job.
"training" was pointless. 4 weeks of wasted time talking about peoples favorite piece of technology, and learning outdated processes that weren't updated in the training curriculum. It would be much more beneficial to let trainees shadow a tech for 4 weeks.
After training you go into a 2 week residency on the phones where you actually learn HOW to switch – more... the customers number to a different phone(instead of being told in training "this is the name of the program you will use to switch a number to a different device"), but better learn QUICK because your stats count from the 1st day in residency and there is no slack because you are new. If you graduate from residency and get to keep your job, congratulations! But you still have an axe hanging over your head in the form of a customer survey which asks "how would you rate your overall experience with (insert wireless carrier name here)"? It dosnt ask the customer to rate their tech coach. the cust buys a new device and 2 days later has gone through 5gbs of data and is mad at the overage prices, she calls in, tech educates her and sets up data limits, she loves the tech when the call ends. The customer gets the survey and gives a 6 out of 10 because she is angry the store didnt do that for her, now you have to answer to your manager about this caller/survey.

If you know technology then the job is simple enough. Even though I got thrown to the wolves with VERY minimal training, it wasnt impossible to figure out. The hard part is meeting your matrix's and following their demanding call flow requirements.

overall: good pay, okay benefits, great PTO policy, ridiculous stat demands. – less
Productive but sometimes rather difficult
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Klamath Falls, ORJuly 15, 2014
Pros: job security, approachable management
Cons: healthcare, worked liked you are expendable, paperless desks, unable to be an individual with cubical
A typical day at Asurion is taking care of customers, anywhere from the simplest of issues to the more complex things. Be warned though, often times you will be cursed out, berated and put down because the customer is just angry.
What I've learned from working for this company is that they often try and make people feel appreciated but work us until – more... we are literally sick. When it comes to absentee, even if the reason for your absence is honest (such as having no voice), you much work even when you are death's door.
Management is always very approachable, and always consider your feelings during difficult things. However, rumors are quickly spread through centers and often, if you are the one in the middle of it, you will be spoken with and have HR keep a close eye on you, even if the allegations are false.
Most of my coworkers are great people, but as I said before, drama is quick to ensue and often leads to much infighting.
The hardest part of the job would again have to be how hard they work us. Even if you are honestly not feeling well, go to the doctor, do not have a voice even (considering you talk all day) you mustn't go over the percentage they have set forth (A full day absent is all the percentage you get the entire month).
However the most enjoyable portion of my job would have to be seeing and meeting so many great people and the fact that I can make additional money through all the incentive programs they have. – less
Productive and fun work place
Verizon Tech Coach (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2014
A fun and productive work environment. Learned new things every day .
Good
Hyperion Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2014
• 5+ years of extensive experience in application design and development using Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR) and Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDM)(System 7.x, 9.x,11.x).
• In depth experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from Requirement gathering to User Acceptance – more... Testing, using Hyperion Products (Essbase, Planning, and FDM).
• Collected data by understanding business flow and interviewing the users.
• Used various ERP tools to manage monthly financial consolidation process.
• Extensive experience with automation and batch scripting using Hyperion scripting languages such as MaxL, Esscmd and Visual Basic API. – less
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), houston, texasJuly 9, 2014
Its okay it could be a better place with better orgnazation security is okay. the calls sometimes be high and sometimes be low. the shift bids suck
Application Process is too Long and Questions are Insulting to Adult Professionals
Customer Service (Former Employee), KSJuly 8, 2014
Pros: wasted my time
Cons: takes too much time
They literally expect you to spend about an hour answering basic MS Windows questions and completing a mock service process.

I am under the impression that for any job you need to contact me and then we discuss the position before we move forward and you take up my time for a 9$ an hour position.

This job is obviously looking for uneducated, unprofessional – more... workers who have no literal experience.

Waste of time. – less
Benefit Verification Specialist
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2014
The overall experience was great. The fast paced environment is great. This is a work at home job so the best part is the fact that I work at home.
productive closed in workspace, with much effort to make it fun
CCR I - Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSJune 23, 2014
My job at this company consists of sitting at a cubicle with 2 computer monitors worth of information while taking phone calls for Directv Technical Troubleshooting. We handle billing inquiries, technical issues, scheduling service calls, ordering replacement equipment, ordering upgraded equipment, disclosing information with orders, and overall giving – more... friendly customer service. – less
working from home with Asurion
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJune 21, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: short breaks
I like working from home with this company but there are not many ways to advance in the company. Pay is not bad but 6 month raise is not much. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult people on the phone.
Outstanding, Exciting COMPANY!
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2014
Pros: exciting, great pay, rewarding
Cons: learning, rare angry customer
Working for Asurion I learned the many capabilities of 1 single phone. And how important that 1 piece of technology is. Overall the atmosphere of the Phoenix Asurion office was fun, homey, and professional. An ideal workplace for any person wanting to work in the call center field. The management made me feel like we are all capable of doing this amazing – more... and being a hero in someone's day, or sometimes even years. I had the pleasure of making a few customers thank me with tears of joy because of lost photos of loved ones that you are able to teach them how to retrieve. Everyday you get to bask in the aww of technology. The hardest part of Asurion would be the constant learning of the technologies within phones, of course the rare customer that is already angry and yelling at you, but it is easily overlooked by the pay! The enjoyable part of the job would have to be truly teaching someone about technology, bringing someone in the "know", and swaying those angry customers to trust the company and put faith in their pay agreement. – less

About Asurion

For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions – Read more