Asurion

Asurion Employee Reviews

I would never recommend this company to an unemployed dog, let alone a person
A Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Work at Home/VirtualJune 13, 2015
Pros: Working from home
Cons: If U R a professional person who can work independently, and is not constantly in chat rooms, U R critized for being anti-social
Most partial set of supervisors I have ever encountered. I graduated their so-called training class - valedictorian. But being an individual who is very professional and focused on what I do, proved to be my downfall.

I never went to chat rooms and giggle and post smiley faces, I was always just focused on my job. On occasions when I had to go the chat room & ask a question, my question would remain – more... unanswered for extended periods of time. And bringing this to my supervisor's attention was futile, because he was just as partial as the rest of them. He simply gave me excuses for why it took the so-called team leaders a long time to give me an answer. (Mind U, I have cxs holding on the line)

I was NEVER late, NEVER took time off, but all this does not matter to them, if they don't like U.

As someone who in the past worked for companies such as Citigroup, where I took way more incoming calls, the elementary level of performance from supervisors at asurion, was unbearable. (I deliberately refuse to capitalize the company name) I promptly left, because I don't need to work for a company whose superiors believe in promoting employees who can be the most fake, R unintelligent and can't perform professionally. But is unfair to employees of quality. – less
Good people, awful metrics
VERIZON TECH COACH (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
Non-stop calls all day with no support from Verizon. Tech support on phones with little training about systems you have to use.
Horrible Office Politics
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 11, 2015
Rapidly growing company. Full of office politics, causes a very unstable and unhappy work environment. This company once was a thriving happy work place and made you feel like you weren't just coming to work. Now as far as a well communicated happy work place its a huge office politics and has became like a dominance happy highschool rather than a professional work environment.
Ideal job!
Regional Service Manager, Technical Support (Former Employee), HQ, Sterling, VA.June 10, 2015
Pros: Perfect working environment
Cons: I truly can think of any
I worked from home as did the other Regional Service Managers. I had a great boss that allowed me to do what I do without disregard. The office in Sterling VA was staffed with professionals and the harmony among the employees was really incredible. After the merger with Asurion on 12/31/2014, we were given ample notice, a great severance and an outplacement program with a
prominent firm.
This job has groomed me into a very effective customer care specialist
Adjuster (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 10, 2015
I came into this company with basic customer service skills and has matured to someone who can help implement positive workplace his entire work group. With this job, i learned there is always a solution to a problem.
ok
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), nashvilleJune 8, 2015
its an ok place to work, eveyone doesnt follow the rules if everyone actaully did this the place would be a lot better. But I kept to myself most of the time helping customers
Technical Writer/Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNJune 6, 2015
Great place to work. Strong team building, quality, production and customer focus. Solid award and recognition program. Relaxed work environment. Would recommend a friend or family member to work for Asurion
Diverse atmosphere
Premier Support Specialist (Current Employee), Antioch, TNJune 5, 2015
this is a great company for a person that does not have any family obligations. if you have a care free life, and all you have to be concerned about is you then this is the place for you.
N/a
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Meridian, MSJune 3, 2015
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
ok job
CUSTOMER CARE (Current Employee), kansas city work at homeJune 2, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: pay and healthcare benfits
pay sucks especially for direct tv client! free cable though and unlimited overtime offered always. work from position
No Advancement
Tech Coach (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 1, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: short breaks
I have learned a lot about tech support for mobile devices. Sometimes a fun place to work. Management do not communicate very well with each other. The hardest part of the job is you are micro managed all day. This is a very stressful company to work for.
Not What I Was Expecting
Technical Support (Current Employee), Work At HomeJune 1, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: All the above
Asurion - Work @ Home - Direc TV

If you want to work this job, prepared to have no life outside of it. If that's you, this might be for you. Plenty of incentives for people willing to sell on non sales calls and work a lot of overtime. I had a problem doing that before and still do.

Positives:
Work from home
Get to sleep in late and don't start until 2:45 (might be a negative if you don't like – more... this shift. Most other shifts are even later.)
No dress code
Save on gas money
Free Direc TV service and Sunday Ticket (but oh yeah, have to work Sundays)
Benefits
OT pay is good if you can handle the pressures of this job.
Trainers are friendly

Negatives:
Completely exhausting
Stress Inducing
Really low pay. Literally .50 more an hour then working at Wal Mart. I worked more advanced tier technical support years ago and made about $5 more an hour then this job and this position actually requires more knowledge at entry level.
Forced sales to get bonus in a technical support/customer service position for people calling in with problems already or just to ask simple questions.
Only incentives, no commission for any sales or upgrades.
In order to make decent money, you pretty much have to work overtime and meet hard metrics in call handling, sales, survey scores and attendance.
Knowledge of knowing how perform nearly every function of Direc TV from Customer Service, Billing, Tech Support, Installation, etc.
Worthless training until actually taking calls. Most lessons were a slideshow presentation then right onto the next subject.
I took no practice calls with trainers before being put on the floor. It was all done in Adobe chat with other people in the training class with no support on what to do better besides follow the script.
Once on the floor all help comes from a chat room with trainers and supervisors who are also assisting other people from your training class.
Immediate call monitoring and being forced to take any call despite how advanced it could be right when hitting the floor.
Back to back calls during certain periods on most days
Have to work weekends
Have to work all holidays if scheduled
No new skills learned that are nothing new if you have worked for a call center before which means that this jobs positives are only equal in another call center position.
Complicated system calls and a very complex system overall from where we pull scripting that consists of several thousands of different pages. Very very easy to get lost.
The script doesn't tell you what to do in all situations, just gives a lot of guidelines.
You need to have several windows open on one monitor to do this position. Can't use two monitors like a normal call center.
Have to log into 5-6 systems everyday all with different IDs and Passwords.
If you work at 2:45 and are a second over that is considered out of adherence. The application that we use to log into phones time is actually a minute off from the main desktop system you use.
If you don't have a big monitor be prepared to be late just switching windows when it comes time to be back from break or lunch.
A trainer actually told me we could clock in a minute early from lunch or break as if it was a good thing. So yay 14 minute breaks and 59 minute lunches.
Strict attendance metrics also have to be met to get any kind of bonus
If your sick it's okay to come into work because no one else is getting sick too. This just puts a bad taste in my mouth.
Constant monitoring of everything including constant messages about after call time.
If the system crashes or you have unforseen power outage it is still counted against your attendance.
Strict script adherence even if it doesn't actually help who you're speaking to
Hold time is counted against you when waiting to speak to help Desk or Supervisor
Dealing with a lot of upset customers – less
9.50 starting
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 30, 2015
Great job, great support team, extensive training, great bonuses, management is always there, co-workers are helpful, work from home, work life balance, lots of overtime.
Great friendly place to work lots of room for advancement
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 28, 2015
Work is fast paced and interesting dealing with various customers from all over. The management is well trained. Great bonus and incentive programs for employess, and lots of room for advancement
Enjoy working for them, liked being able to help people
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDMay 26, 2015
Pros: benefits, supportive coworkers and supervisor that were almost like family
Cons: sales
Answer calls from DIRECTV customers, I enjoyed talking to people from all over the United States, and be able to help them to fix their issues quickly and to let them get on with their day. I learned that need a lot of patience to customers on board with walking though trouble shooting steps, but I also learned the customers don't care how much you know, until they know that you care personally about – more... their issue. Putting myself in their shoes worked very well for allowing me to make a connection with my customers. Hardest part of the job was when we had to also sale during our calls, I'm really not good at sales. The most enjoyable part of my job was when an elderly person would call us and so upset because they couldn't get their TV back on the right channel, I told them it will be ok, I will not leave them until we get it fixed. Then we rejoice together when its fixed. I educated them how to fix it in the future. That's what I miss the most, being able to help people and feel like I was making a difference, one call at a time. – less
Nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSMay 22, 2015
A typical work day is taking around 40-50 calls and maintaining required service levels. Patience is key with this job due to some customer's calling in aggravated with their technical issues. Management is wonderful. They are very caring and will take care of your personal issues.
Productive and fun working from home
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Work@HomeMay 21, 2015
I get up around 9:00 a.m. I take a shower put back on more pajamas feed my kids and set up my computer to get ready for work and once the kids are off to school and the house is settled I go in my office and mentally prepare for my work day.
Always have opportunities for advancement
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 20, 2015
This company has a lot of room for growth within the company and great incentives. I enjoy assisting customers and resolving their issues in a timely manner.
High Paced
CSR II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
The company is great for participating in fun raisers. Great for quarterly and monthly raises from 350-800 dollars. Management is great and very approachable. The company does not mind working with you when you encounter a issue whether in the company or personally.
Excellect
Call Center Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), Sterling, VAMay 18, 2015
Great Doctor and office staffs. My duties where to answering phones calls and call insurance company to verify. Schedule appointments and setup treatment plan.
Headquarters