Asurion

Asurion Employee Reviews

Technical Support Representative
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 5, 2015
• Handle a high volume of customer inquiries, while problem solving and promoting the sale of the clients' products, all while providing exceptional customer service.
• Meet all customer satisfaction goals, quality standards, and resolution rates. This involves high levels of rapport being built in short amounts of time with customers, all while diagnosing and resolving their concerns in a confident and efficient manner.
• Assist with coaching, mentoring, and training customer service representatives. In doing so, I am tracking and documenting of opportunities for improvement, and delivering targeted feedback in a timely fashion
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), From homeMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: the pay
I work from home which is awesome. The pay is not a lot to start out their are a lot of opportunities to for advancement and raises, and ways to get overtime. Pto earned from 1 day one. Discounted Directv service after 30 days so low its like having free services. I wouldn't leave if they pay was higher.
I enjoyed working with my team and with others within the organization.
Application Development Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2015
My supervisor was very supportive. My co-workers were like family to me. We supported each other and stepped in when we needed to cover for someone else. We coordinated with each other to provide developers to other needs when a need arose.
Very pleasant place to work
Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free coffee and gym!
Cons: short breaks
I enjoy my time at Asurion. The management at this Call center is very encouraging and friendly. The work ethic is very strong, and it is a very friendly facility complete with a very clean cafeteria as well as a gym. The most difficult part of the job is sitting for 8 hours, however the most enjoyable part is decorating your own cubicle/workspace as well as the very friendly atmosphere. Management will take care of professional and personal issues in a very timely and professional manner.
Indifferent
SERVICE NETWORK SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 3, 2015
Asurion is a decent company to work for. The salary isn't that great in comparison with other companies in the area. The benefits are good. The supervisors don't micromanage so I'd say all is well except for the noncompetitive salary.
The job it self is a great job.
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the job is easy.
Cons: short breaks it could be more structured.
It's an easy fast past job. You learn people skills and great communication skills. Management pass the buck a lot. They will tell you what they think you want to hear. Many of them are just in it for the pay check. There's favoritism. Not everyone there is a bad seed. But the bad seeds ruin it for everyone. Professionalism is about a 4 on a scale of 1-10. Because you truly don't know who you can trust.
Great entry level, not much advancement
Workforce Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2015
Cons: short lunches for most hourly positions
The entry level pay for front line agents is quite good. The company is growing rapidly so there is plenty of opportunity to move up. There is a distinct pay difference between internal and external hires though that makes it demotivating to climb the corporate ladder.
Asurion is a great place to work
Tech Coach (Former Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 2, 2015
I love the work environment; the people were very professional. The best part of the experience was having the ability to help so many people.
Great place to work but
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), MississippiMarch 2, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, paid time off hours, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, dumb managers, late hours
It is a great place to work, a typical day at work would include answering about 40-50 phone calls about tech support on satellites, the co-workers are amazing and they are great. Management lacks being professional and they also lack intelligence. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different people you talk to everyday and also the fact that you get paid time off hours every paycheck, 4 hours to be exact. They add up quickly and you can put in to use them anytime as long as its approved. The training classes they give you are very informative however they are very strict and can seem like bullies. The supervisors are more than great, they will help you out on mostly anything you need, they never stop working with you.
Very productive yet fun place to work.
Technical Help Desk (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: always room for growth within the company.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be a day full of fun, laughs an a lot of phone calls. I have learned how to communicate better as well as to have more patience because everybody isn't going to have the same technical knowledge as you. The management team is good they stay engaged. The hardest part of the job would be making it back in on time from lunch because you only get 30mins for lunch. the most enjoyable part of the job would be that you get to talk to an share a experience with people from all parts of the world.
A place for geriatrics and college drop-outs
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee), Russellville, ARFebruary 24, 2015
CONS:
I applied here because employment is hard to find in my area. It's a good job if you don't mind being fake, taking verbal abuse, and have no goals in life. Jabbering on the phone for 8 hours a day is not what I want to do with my life. You can be promoted easily so long as you're not a total moron. (maybe even if you are) Supervisors feel like camp counselors. As far as I know, moving to another – more... position does not increase your pay much. Staying a front line agent allows you to get up to $575 in incentives every month plus you're pretty much guaranteed get about a dollar raise in your first year. It's really better to just stay at entry level until you find a job elsewhere. The training is a total joke. People who learn nothing in training are allowed to take calls and create more work for everyone else with no real consequences. Supervisors often don't even know what they're doing a lot of the time and have to ask around to find an answer for you. They're basically babysitters.

PROS:
The incentives. Voluntary time off.

TOSS UP:
The environment is great if you don't take anything seriously. I feel like I don't fit in unless my hair is neon or I wear pajamas to work every day. The environment couldn't be more unprofessional. In my training class, I felt like I was at Jesus camp. I was offended on a daily basis by people bashing homosexuals, talking about how atheism doesn't make sense, and how Obama is ruining our nation. I wanted to go to HR, but it's not like it mattered. Employees here do not understand what is and what isn't workplace appropriate. You obviously don't talk about religion and politics at work. but, hey... if you've only ever worked in a fast food restaurant, have a mental disability, or were raised in the 50s, you really don't know that I guess. – less
Takes care of Workers
Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee), Antioch, TNFebruary 24, 2015
You have to be flexible with your hours but they really do make you fell apart of the whole team. They do their best to help you do your job at your best.
N/A
WAH Client Support Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 23, 2015
The job is okay. It could be much better. You are required to work every weekend. They have awesome benefits. It's a job! There are long work days. I haven't really met any of management. My co-workers are awesome. The hardest par to the job for some would be multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great incentives.
Excellent Management
CSR (Current Employee), Klamath Falls, ORFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: excellent leadership, direct leadership from supervisors and managers, close knit teams, regular coachings and team meetings, rewards for excellent team work such as free breaks and lunches
Cons: insufficient health coverage, not a family oriented company, company makes employees feel expendable, unclear on promotional opportunities, open door policy but there are few actions taken on hr issues, very strong sense of the employees voice not being heard, earned incentives are regularly paid late or not at all
While my leadership team is extremely helpful and understanding, the benefits are horrible. Coverage is expensive and does not cover much more than yearly exams. The company themselves do not seem to care much for their employees and make it difficult to truly take care of my customers' needs effectively. Advancing is extremely difficult unless you are crossing departments. While advancement opportunities are available, the recruiting team does not seem to take seniority and experience into consideration for those positions.
GREAT company!!
Customer Service Rep -Verizon (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work from home. good benefits. great training.
I worked for this company but had to leave due to personal reasons. This is a wonderful company to work for. They treat their employees very well and their benefits are great. The pay could be more, but they pay the average rate. Overall this is a great company and I would recommend anyone looking for a stable job with a great company to apply with Asurion.
Fun job
PSS Verizon Technical Support (Former Employee), nashville tnFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was answering phone calls or making outbound calls. Very fast paced between taking the calls, resolving issue and documenting them.The management was friendly and knowledgeable.Co -workers where always friendly and willing to help.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the new phones. The most enjoyable part of the job is resolved issues.
Asurion
Verizon Call Center Rep. (Former Employee), Antioch TnFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: information on up to date technology.
Cons: lack of support/trainging/system outages.
It's a complicated game of numbers from your surveys. The systems/training & lack of support. Learned managers only care about themselves. Most enjoyable was getting off the phones for training etc. Hardest part was the so called "support".
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2015
a typical day at work process insurance claims so customer can replace they device the hardest part of this job was getting customer to pay the deduct
Great Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Antioch, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: overtime, at home positions
A typical day at work would be able to provide knowledge to the customers and exceed their expectation in customer service. I have learned a lot about the cell phone companies. The hardest part of the day would possibly be listening to complaints all day but the best part is turning the customer experience around.
Asurion was an Okay company to work for
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: culture
Cons: the pay
A typical day at work consist of answering about 20 incoming phone calls
Management was layed back
Co Workers were great
The hardest part of the job was taking phone calls
Most enjoyable part of the day was break

About Asurion

For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions – Read more

Asurion Salaries