ASUS COMPUTER INTERNATIONAL Employee Reviews

Not the fun place to work and bad management.
Accounts Receivable and Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 14, 2016
alway work over time without any benefit.
fun to get along with other team of co-workers but not in accounting
bad management special in accounting department
Free Starbucks coffee and lunch room with a ping-pong table
Service Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 18, 2016
Duties and responsibilities may vary from what's written on the job descriptions. Nice people to work with, in general.
Pros
Free Starbucks/Pete's Coffee
Cons
Work/life balance is not encouraged. More work is condoned.
Good place to start your channel career, but can't be a lifer
SBG-D Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 15, 2015
Not much to say. You can find good talented people here and the culture isn't bad. But ASUS lacks levels of management and they are slow to make changes that would benefit them.
Pros
People and cluture
Cons
company is divided and operates as two companies
Friendly co-workers, great bonding with people, however work hours are fairly long, especially for accounting department
General Ledger Accountant/Financial analyst (GAAP) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 7, 2015
If you are looking for an entry level job, this is a good place to start with. ASUS is a big company in taiwan and is expanding globally, you will learn a lot about the industrial computing environment.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Low salary with very little chance of advancing
Good laptop design concept
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 21, 2015
Very friendly working environment and flexible schedules.
You have a lot time to learn new thing by yourself since no one will teach you or provide professional training.
Pros
Nice co-workers, flexible schedules
Cons
Taiwanese company culture
Good Learning Environment
Telecom Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Asus is a good learning environment where there are many new technology information everyday for you to learn! My teammates are great and friendly. We are help each other out since there are so much work to get done. A lot of travel to different places. This job definitely keeps you busy all the time!
Pros
flexible hours
Good jobs here
Senior Software Engineer / R&D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 15, 2015
It's a good job to work here. The office is located in Fremont, CA. The main products are laptop, router, tablet, and phone.
Great place to learn (I dont want this to be posted!)
ASUS (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 7, 2014
- Provides a lot of time for you to learn and grow.
- Not too much direction
- Sometimes you feel that the company is ran on internal politics.
- The Business groups are like individual states that dont communicate to one another.
- Gym is closed most of the time except for non-working hours
- stress tension is high
- Turn over rate is high
Pros
lots of things to learn
Cons
not too much direction
Former employee
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 27, 2013
I as well enjoyed working at ASUS computers, learning as I went, started as a Temp. And became permanent after 3 or 4mos. Yes, a very fast moving place to work..the stress comes with the job..I assisted the Operations Officer to set up the Office when the Co. first started in Fremont, helping to order the supplies need to run the office and all the sales people..from printers to everyday items needed. If copiers stopped working due to paper jams or out of toner making sure it was in working order..As well as assisting with work orders and data input. Miss working for ASUS, Learned a lot and hope that the Co. learned from me as well.
Pros
the co. needs to learn that working in the us, they too need to know and learn of the cultures of the different ethneties that work for them..
Cons
not enought recactnition to its emploees, when going beyond the call of your work..
Review for ASUS
Network Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 26, 2013
ASUS is a very friendly working environment. Most management are Chinese based culture.
During the past 4 years, I had the opportunity from starting the very basic user support, server support, telecom support, and now network support.
The greatest part of my job is having the chance to explore different types of technology and appliances.
In ASUS, everyday is fast moving and intense.
Someone might find it stressful but someone might see it as enjoyment.
Pros
job security
Cons
no advancement
For What It's Worth
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 8, 2013
I was an account manager there, but did many different things from start to finish. The day involved a lot of emails, calls, and communication with product managers.

This was my first corporate job and I learned a lot of great things and had some wonderful experiences. I think that within the time I was there I should have learned a lot more, but there is absolutely no training. You really just go into the job and learn on your own.

The people you work with will be your only way to get through the day. If you ask for help, they will help you. There's a lot of great people at the Fremont office.

The majority of people at the company will tell you that the company is just a stepping stone and that you should move on to better things after gaining some experience. A lot of people are not happy with the pay and the culture of the company.
Pros
traveling, great coworkers, flexible schedules
Cons
culture, according to many the pay is bad, training
Inhouse gym
Human Resources Recruiter/ Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 23, 2012
Day goes by very fast with lots of recruiting. Learned lots about Taiwanese culture. 94% of co-workers are Taiwanese/Mandarin speaking employees.
Fun to meet employees as to how creative they were with new technology. The worst part was the work schedule was not flexible.
Everyone had same work hours. There was lots of turn around meaning employees resigned quickly due to not enough pay or was not been paid by the market.
There was in house gym but with certain times for employees to use.
Pros
everyone gets to go lunch at same time
Cons
9am - 6pm regular work hours