At Home Healthcare - Texas Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
No benefits or raises
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Naples, TXAugust 8, 2017
We are health care givers but are not given any health care benefits nor are we given raises. We are worked liked dogs and treated less than them. We work in a nasty environments and are expected to put with our clients families and their rude remarks and usually also do their laundry and dishes as well. Basically like a slave.
Poor work/life balance
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 13, 2017
Advice: Need to focus on implementing efficiency. Eliminate tasks that are creating duplication of effort. Adopt core values or change the the core values to something that can be adopted genuinely. Be aware of favoritism and don't allow that to cloud your vision from seeing poor performing employees. Do more to encourage staff to utilize their paid time off.
Pros
Decent health benefits, paid time off accruals
Cons
Poor work/life balance, intimidation, too many changes at once, favoritism
Management is HORRIBLE!
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJune 3, 2017
Pay scale is good. Company car a plus. Benefits poor. Staff to pt ratio is absurd. No breaks and work constantly from home. Great office staff and nurses but Management is all about money....bottom line. And btw, they WILL charge you late fees for late paperwork. Greedy company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management, Job will take over your life!
Be carefull
PtA (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXMay 27, 2017
I worked for this company for 3 years during which they would removed benefit after benefit. Such as 401k, then days off, then reduced PTO offered before they removed the therapy department to go 100% contract in February of this year. And now they are hiring. I am not sure what is happening with them but I do offer a warning before signing a contract. The therapists & nurses I worked with were good people & a joy to be around. It is management that you should be weary of. I hope you find this helpful.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management/benefits
decent
Attend (Current Employee) –  Carthage, TXApril 27, 2017
This job is very humbling. You really get attached to patients. The other staff are very sweet. Boss typically responds to voicemails in 1-2 days.
very professional coworkers
Physician Liaison/Marketer (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 13, 2017
working for AT Home Health was very interesting and enjoyable to work for. I got to meet many people which made may day pass very quickly. I enjoyed every single person at work
productive
At Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 10, 2017
excellent and comfortable eviroment. clients were always decent. excellent pay. however, did not hear from them for a week, was not to impressed with lack of communication.
Pros
excellent enviroment
Cons
no breaks
Billing Specialist
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 21, 2017
Just do your work and go home. Benefits were not to bad but pay could be better. Don't trust management they stick together and during my time the turn over rate was high. Got along with some co-workers but just do your work and go home. Can be stressful and they were behind on billing.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
management
So many changes to a great company here at the end.
Healthcare Professional (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 6, 2017
Loved the company at the beginning... But feel blindsided by so many changes. I didnt want to leave bit i have to do whats best for my family...
Pros
Working with great therapists and nurses flexible schedule
Cons
Many changes in short period of time.
LVN PDN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 3, 2017
great company to work for. wonderful management, and director. always ensured that staff and families were taken care of. flexible in scheduling and time off.
Easy goong simple work place
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 14, 2016
Pay isn't awesome but its a job that gets you by.
The insurance company bases your pay.
No bonus.
No holiday bonus.
Flexible.
No pay raises after 90 days.
You are stuck with the same pay as you start.
Pros
down time
Cons
the pay
Hours
Attendant (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 13, 2016
Good luck getting all of your pay, or even enough to pay for your gas to get to all your jobs. If you don't run your clients to the store to bye beer,witch is against the rules they will call and report you by telling a lie and they believe the lie over your truth and the main office in Tyler Texas is the rudest bunch I have ever come acrossed. Expecially payroll.
Pros
Love the clients.
Cons
They pay you like you live in a third would country. .
Disappiontment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 26, 2016
The management is is horrible, its ran by a person who don't care and disrespect their employees; I've never worked at a place where i was so disrespected, i made friends with my fellow coworkers but the LVN's are great people except a few and coordinators are great people; employees wants to quit cause of them being cursed out by management (the main boss) but management will never see your side of the story and its not job security except if your a attendant, I believing helping people and always will love helping people but this company has some none caring people.
Pros
Great Benefits!!
Cons
Horrible Management!!!
This has been a learning experience
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 8, 2016
I have learned how to do different things with my Nurse Aide training. In the nursing homes and hospital I only got to experience some of the basic things that my training taught me. With home health experience I got the chance to help my clients not only with their ADL's, I got the chance to make them feel comfortable in their own home setting. I know nursing homes are supposed to be like home but when you actually are able to still live in your own personal home and still get the care that you need on a daily basis, that's got to be a great feeling! I really enjoy helping others and seeing them benefit from my help is the best feeling ever. The management here allows for that, and it gives you the opportunity to give back.
Amazing Place to Work!
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OKJune 6, 2016
People were Friendly, Staff was great to work for!
Daily Exercise with Patients, Daily Bathes, getting Patients back to a Normal Daily Activity. Transporting them to Dr. Appt's and Specialist Appts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at At Home Healthcare - Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9