At Home Healthcare

At Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

WORST PLACE EVER!! Horrible!!!
SA (Former Employee), Tyler, txMay 22, 2015
Cons: No benefit, RUDE PEOPLE, over all horrible job
This was the worst job I have ever had in my life. Very depressing and everyone in the office is RUDE. The job is basicly like a cleaning service for VERY nasty homes. Nothing to do with healthcare and very little pay. You can work from 8-5 and only end up with like 4 hours from all the driving around. You put a lot of miles on your car going where ever they send you which could be up to 2 hours away. They don't explain where you are going or what to expect when you get to the persons home. Overall just to stressful for no pay and all the rudeness you have to put up with.
Horrible place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: decent pay if you get a skilled case and hours
Cons: Everything mentioned above and more
There is no stability and can be taken off a case with no notice and may not work for a month before they find another opening, then it may only be 10 hours a week. Caregivers are responsible for keeping documentation on clients as well as hours worked and rate of pay, call your hours in every week, plus provide the original paperwork before they will release your check and that's IF they "got your call in" otherwise you'll wait another week before you're paid. Management is nonexistent and will ignore your calls and texts no matter how important your issue. After almost 3 years with the company, I chose to give my notice of resignation after my supervisor ignored my concern with a weekend caregiver, who decided to start vicious lies about me. Lies that could cost me my license and reputation, all so she could try to get my position. When I gave my notice, it was ignored until my last 2 days, and still didn't talk to my supervisor, just a text from her assistant.
If you're ok with working an unstable 10 hours a week that you may or may not be paid for in a timely fashion, and never have a reason to talk to supervors, then this is the place for you.
I could go on and on naming the things I've dealt with since being employed there. They should get new field supervisors, not use ex caregivers to handle pay roll and be a little more selective in the caregivers they hire, and would be great if state certification would be required for EVERYONE! They need to start over.

May 21, 2015

This is not affiliated with At Home Healthcare in Texas. At Home Healthcare in East Texas is does not serve the Tennessee area.

Working at At Home Healthcare
RN Field Nurse (Current Employee), Henderson, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: the patients
Cons: paperwork, no raises
A typical day of work would include see patients in the home for assessment and teaching of knowledge deficits of disease processes and medication regimen and some patients included skills such as wound care or blood draws, etc. I have learned a lot of different nursing skills during my time at this job. I feel management sometimes didn't think about work load. Management was good about giving asked days off. My co-workers were pleasant to work with. The hardest part about my job is always being on my computer to try to stay caught up on my paperwork. Sometimes I am on my computer until midnight and still have to wake up early to finish. The most enjoyable part about my job are the patients and the pleasure of helping them become more independent in the home.
Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Bolivar, TNApril 21, 2015
This company is okay to work with. Sometimes they call you to work cases at the last minutes but there are plenty of hours to get if you are available. This is a home health job so I don't have coworkers.
Very stressful place to work & large turn over rate.
SCHEDULER (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: management, pay, benefits
My first impression when I began working here was positive until my first day and realized everyone in the office had been with the company less than 6 months. Management micro-managed and didn't train office well but expected us to know details that we were never told. Also comes across as a christian company but this turned out to be fake and they don't care as long as the money rolls in. Towards the end of working with this company they bullied me and my life was very stressful. I would NOT recommend working here. However, if you are a field nurse and don't work in the office this company may work for you.
Pleasant and Hectic
Medical Assistant/CNA (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: experience in the field
Cons: not enough hours
I loved working for this company but they have no benefits. They worked a 40 hour week. It sometimes was not worth the drive for the pay. Sometimes very unorganized and would not hire anyone for extra help in the office. I was qualified and they still never hired me as I ask for a position in the office. Regulations and rules changed constantly.
An uncaring and unprofessional management.
Employee (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: i cannot honestly think of one positive thing about this company.
Cons: management doesn't support the staff. management plays favorites. very difficult place to work.
You are expected to perform your job with very little training.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with co-workers who were constantly unprofessional and unreliable.
Focused on meeting financial goals
Clinical Support (Former Employee), Tyler, TxSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: always received pay on time
Cons: poor management, unprofessional execs & owner
Company focus has shifted. Although the management team parades around with client/employee focus, the real focus is profit. Management is unprofessional and unethical.

The company has a high turnover rate but management refuses to look for the issues.

Benefits have been reduced. No salary increases given for last several years. Management gave reasoning that profit not high enough. 401K was discontinued. No longer get annual scrub allowance.
Providing a helping hand to elders
At Home Care Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: shifts are always available, competitive pay
Cons: mileage is not compensated, poor communication
Office staff tries to work with your personal schedule and availability. I enjoy meeting the various clients and helping them to live more comfortably by assisting with their daily activities. The down side is that a case isn't ever permanent, a client could no longer need services or a schedule could change. Also shifts and clients are placed all over Nashville. As a healthcare assistant a few typical tasks include: cooking meals, cleaning residence, bathing the client, feeding the client, helping with exercises and much more.
Very organize and friendly agency
Certified Nurse Assistant/Cargiver (Former Employee), Mokena IlSeptember 22, 2014
The management and environment was great.My clients was very friendly and caring.
must have good people skills
RN previously LPN (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNSeptember 11, 2014
independence pro
schedule con- freq errors- inner office staff with issues

BEST patients ever!
Awful place to work; the Management sucks, trust noone
Therapist (Former Employee), TexasAugust 24, 2014
Pros: car if f/t
Cons: no real support, they don't care, too many favorites
Company is not good, management doesn't care, they lie, trick you, leave you! All about the dollar. Awful management skills and office staff that's rude to the workers
Its okay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAAugust 22, 2014
I really don't have any complaints or issues I just wished it was more clients to work with. I didn't receive a lot of work.
Great employer
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2014
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had. The different clients I met and co workers where all friendly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: short breaks
I get paid every week, pay is really good, staff is very friendly. I love working there.
I like working in peoples homes and being a self starter
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2014
Pros: making my own hours
Cons: compnay closed
Caring for clients, following care plans and making the client happy
feels like family
Pediatric Timekeeper (Current Employee), Tyler, TXApril 28, 2014
just like they say it feels like family. I can't believe it is such a productive and relaxed environment.
Great
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Jackson, TNMarch 26, 2014
My job deals with assisting my clients with every day daily activities
Challenging but rewarding
RN Compliance and Support (Current Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: insurance, 401k, company car (field clinician), paid time off
Cons: salaried position
At Home Healthcare gives you the ability to lead a family life and a professional life at the same time. Over the past 17 years, I have experienced many changes that were rewarding. I have had the opportunity for my career advancement and education to help me be successful in the different roles that I obtained. I have learned how to be a manager, coder, OASIS Specialist, educate staff and work hard towards my goals. Patients are the first and foremost important part of this company. The hardest part of the job is not shutting down after you leave work due to the loyalty that you feel to get the job completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clinicians understand the value of home care and assisting the clinicians to understand what is expected in their roles.
Self satrting and motivational job
Certified Nursing Asst. / Customer Service (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Must be a self starter with little to no supervision. Need more full time and cases that the employees could take.

At Home Healthcare Salaries