At Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Meet and help those who need assistance
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 16, 2015
Helping being weho are no longer able to do things for themselves. There are really loving people put here who needs companionship. They appreciate you so much for anything you assist them with.
Pros
helping others
Cons
Under paid
Great
home health aide (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 2, 2015
Every job has its ups and downs. I liked all of my jobs and how they treated me and all of my co workers. The most enjoyable part of my job(s) was all of the new things that I got to learn while I was and how thankful I am for being given the chance to learn next to some very smart and nice people.
Poor Work Place
pca (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 10, 2015
The company is very unprofessional. There is never enough work hours but yet they are always calling at all hours to get you to fill in. Overtime pay is not available and no benefits. They do not respect employees. Half the time they would never send my paycheck and would offer to pay me the following week. Also when I call to resolve things I never get threw to anyone and they always say they will call back but never do. The dickson TN office is the worst officw to work for out of all them. Save yourself the hassle & work for another company.
Caring company with great staff
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 5, 2015
Great staff that care about what they do. Love their patients/clients.
I learned how to manage a whole days work; work well with co-workers; and enjoyed the work I did.
productive
HHA (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYOctober 2, 2015
overall liked working as administrative assistant but not as home health aide, working as home health aide was not enough work hours, very slow
Pros
clerical work was very productive and kept me busy
Cons
management not to good
Great Place
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AzSeptember 15, 2015
At Home Healthcare is a great place to work, really do not have any complaints about the company. Would recommend to anyone that asked.
fast paced never the same every day
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAAugust 30, 2015
I loved what I did, the clients were fantastic, and the office people were really nice and understanding. Basically a laid back but serious to a point environment.
Pros
got to see different cultures and how people live
Cons
people passing away
nice clients but work 7 days a week
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon, TNAugust 26, 2015
work seven days a week and no days off plus fill in's. not much time to do things with family. they do not pay gas mileage unless from client to client. people you work with very nice.
Pros
nice clients
Cons
work seven days a week
fun
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNAugust 25, 2015
Very good company to work for, keeps hours flexible, could use a little more stability in the manager area, but other than that nothing negative to be said about this company
fun to work at
caregiver (Current Employee) –  knoxvilleAugust 25, 2015
management is awesome, and I love being part of a company that strives to make sure the employees and clients are doing okay. and they are always there to listen. I would recommend this company to anyone.!
Pros
great cases to work
Cons
driving distance
Working with At Home health
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Carthage, TnJune 16, 2015
works around my schedule and is less stressful than working in a facility, was requested to sit by family friend who finds me very trustworthy
WORST PLACE EVER!! Horrible!!!
SA (Former Employee) –  Tyler, txMay 22, 2015
This was the worst job I have ever had in my life. Very depressing and everyone in the office is RUDE. The job is basicly like a cleaning service for VERY nasty homes. Nothing to do with healthcare and very little pay. You can work from 8-5 and only end up with like 4 hours from all the driving around. You put a lot of miles on your car going where ever they send you which could be up to 2 hours away. They don't explain where you are going or what to expect when you get to the persons home. Overall just to stressful for no pay and all the rudeness you have to put up with.
Cons
No benefit, RUDE PEOPLE, over all horrible job
Horrible place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMay 4, 2015
There is no stability and can be taken off a case with no notice and may not work for a month before they find another opening, then it may only be 10 hours a week. Caregivers are responsible for keeping documentation on clients as well as hours worked and rate of pay, call your hours in every week, plus provide the original paperwork before they will release your check and that's IF they "got your call in" otherwise you'll wait another week before you're paid. Management is nonexistent and will ignore your calls and texts no matter how important your issue. After almost 3 years with the company, I chose to give my notice of resignation after my supervisor ignored my concern with a weekend caregiver, who decided to start vicious lies about me. Lies that could cost me my license and reputation, all so she could try to get my position. When I gave my notice, it was ignored until my last 2 days, and still didn't talk to my supervisor, just a text from her assistant.
If you're ok with working an unstable 10 hours a week that you may or may not be paid for in a timely fashion, and never have a reason to talk to supervors, then this is the place for you.
I could go on and on naming the things I've dealt with since being employed there. They should get new field supervisors, not use ex caregivers to handle pay roll and be a little more selective in the caregivers they hire, and would be great if state certification would be required for EVERYONE! They need to start over.
Pros
decent pay if you get a skilled case and hours
Cons
Everything mentioned above and more

Comment – May 21, 2015

This is not affiliated with At Home Healthcare in Texas. At Home Healthcare in East Texas is does not serve the Tennessee area.

Working at At Home Healthcare
RN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TXApril 28, 2015
A typical day of work would include see patients in the home for assessment and teaching of knowledge deficits of disease processes and medication regimen and some patients included skills such as wound care or blood draws, etc. I have learned a lot of different nursing skills during my time at this job. I feel management sometimes didn't think about work load. Management was good about giving asked days off. My co-workers were pleasant to work with. The hardest part about my job is always being on my computer to try to stay caught up on my paperwork. Sometimes I am on my computer until midnight and still have to wake up early to finish. The most enjoyable part about my job are the patients and the pleasure of helping them become more independent in the home.
Pros
the patients
Cons
paperwork, no raises
Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, TNApril 21, 2015
This company is okay to work with. Sometimes they call you to work cases at the last minutes but there are plenty of hours to get if you are available. This is a home health job so I don't have coworkers.
Very stressful place to work & large turn over rate.
SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 25, 2015
My first impression when I began working here was positive until my first day and realized everyone in the office had been with the company less than 6 months. Management micro-managed and didn't train office well but expected us to know details that we were never told. Also comes across as a christian company but this turned out to be fake and they don't care as long as the money rolls in. Towards the end of working with this company they bullied me and my life was very stressful. I would NOT recommend working here. However, if you are a field nurse and don't work in the office this company may work for you.
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Pleasant and Hectic
Medical Assistant/CNA (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 20, 2015
I loved working for this company but they have no benefits. They worked a 40 hour week. It sometimes was not worth the drive for the pay. Sometimes very unorganized and would not hire anyone for extra help in the office. I was qualified and they still never hired me as I ask for a position in the office. Regulations and rules changed constantly.
Pros
experience in the field
Cons
not enough hours
An uncaring and unprofessional management.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 5, 2015
You are expected to perform your job with very little training.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with co-workers who were constantly unprofessional and unreliable.
Pros
i cannot honestly think of one positive thing about this company.
Cons
management doesn't support the staff. management plays favorites. very difficult place to work.
Focused on meeting financial goals
Clinical Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxSeptember 26, 2014
Company focus has shifted. Although the management team parades around with client/employee focus, the real focus is profit. Management is unprofessional and unethical.

The company has a high turnover rate but management refuses to look for the issues.

Benefits have been reduced. No salary increases given for last several years. Management gave reasoning that profit not high enough. 401K was discontinued. No longer get annual scrub allowance.
Pros
always received pay on time
Cons
poor management, unprofessional execs & owner
Providing a helping hand to elders
At Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Office staff tries to work with your personal schedule and availability. I enjoy meeting the various clients and helping them to live more comfortably by assisting with their daily activities. The down side is that a case isn't ever permanent, a client could no longer need services or a schedule could change. Also shifts and clients are placed all over Nashville. As a healthcare assistant a few typical tasks include: cooking meals, cleaning residence, bathing the client, feeding the client, helping with exercises and much more.
Pros
shifts are always available, competitive pay
Cons
mileage is not compensated, poor communication