At Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2017
They are really friendly, and are flexible with your home life needs. They are very helpful, like if you need support or just all around helpful
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not long enough hours
This was a horrible place to work except for the clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 15, 2017
As long as you were willing to go above and beyond for the supervisors (and everyone in the Bristol and Johnson city office thought they were boss) you got plenty of hours and patients but the first time you had a problem or was confrontational about your work load or if you had a problem client, they cut your hours. The office staff were all related by blood or marriage and if you complained they cut your hours. The equipment to clock in and out on was always hit and miss when signing in or out and if it wasn't perfect, the guy over it would call and belittle you for being stupid and threaten not to pay you or fire you (even though it wasn't your fault) then they would cut your hours.
Pros
Most of the patients were understanding and knew how they were in the office.
Cons
The office personnel, not having a better clock in/out system, no travel pay while at patients homes, office personnel not resolving issues with problem clients in a timely manner, dependable hours
Fun
Elderly Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Times get a little rough but you get very close with your clients. They're is always plenty to talk bout, a bond to bring to make someone else smile. It's a warming job.
It was a great place to work for home health .
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 4, 2017
It was a great job.I loved what I did.When you know you are making a difference in someone's life. I would still be there If they hadn't closed up, I really enjoyed my job and the person's I worked with.
Pros
Working one on one with the client
Cons
If you get hurt you are all alone.
Elderly compassion
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New London, NHDecember 26, 2016
This is a wonderful job to insure the elderly are able to spend their last years in their home and be taking care of in all their needs in a safe and secure setting.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Job insecurities
I loved my clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 9, 2016
I never had time to spend with my 3 kids becsuse i was always working. Most of the time i had great clients to work with.

The only negative thing about this company is that i Was always working and they never understood that working 7 days a week with no off days took me away from my church and properly raising my kids.

Overall the pay...$10 per hour was great.
No paid holidays or vacation pay. Even after working 50 plus hours a week they still had me classified as part time and no benefits.
Pros
No off days
Cons
Great pay
what I learned
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Thorp, WIDecember 5, 2016
With At Home Care work was a different experience. I learned that you could not only enjoy what you do and have great clients but also be treated with respect and dignity. The owner and management there always accommodated my needs and listened to concerns about clients. When I said I couldn't work on a day that I wasn't scheduled with extra clients they respected that.
Pros
great management
Cons
no benefits
Great Company
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 4, 2016
Great company to work for. Very caring of their employees and clients. Works with you and communicates well.
Coworkers were always eager to help fill in when possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my clients.
The hardest part was closing their doors.
Fun and enjoyed helping people and making them happy
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 29, 2016
This was a job that was very touching. You would have to be a person who enjoyed to be around people and going beyond duty call. This job isn't secure because if the patient pass away or gets better you are assigned to another client'
Pros
You learn to love the clients as a family member
Cons
Once a clients pass away or gets better, you can be assignedto other clients or have no cliets at all.
Psycho Office people
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 28, 2016
I was accused of rubbing up against an ugly woman and fired immediately, I had to get thru a door smaller than her big rear end. Administrator is a know it all and owner is soft and easily mislead.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
very interesting job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2016
Help my patient get dress and ready for the day. assist with feeding, bathing, giving meds and running errands. I also wash his hair and go on regular doctor visit. Sometimes my patient can be difficult but I have patience. I don't have any co workers and this is because I work with one patient at his hoe. But I get along great with his live in girlfriend.
Pros
one patient
Cons
payroll issues, poor managment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 24, 2016
I enjoy working with my patients. It provided them with the care they need, and someone to talk to. It provides friendships. I have learned that sometimes people just needs someone to talk to, to make there day better.
Poorly Managed Company
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2016
Clickish company. Poorly managed. Inconsistent training, low pay, no benefits, constant issues with payroll. Office staff rude. High turnover of clients and personnel.
Pros
Cons
Worse company I've ever worked for.
Family Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 20, 2016
It is alot to handle but it teaches you much more than you would ever learn in school and you are helping a great deal to the ones that are in need. and actual seek help.
Pros
knowledge
Love working with elderly
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSSeptember 20, 2016
I loved my job but of course no job will be perfect. I had to work overtime hours but wasn't compensated.i never had anyone to see clients if I needed the day off.
Pros
the time i arrived at work and the time i was home with my kids
benefits
great goood
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2016
I love working with this company because this is something I always wanted to do. I have always wanted to help people so I tried for years to get into a company that would help me far fill my dream job.
Pros
The pay is good and the hours are wonderful.
Cons
It is not full time and they do not offer any benefits at all. I have to get my own insurance.
Rewarding, direct patient care
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2016
As a RN case manger collaboration between all teams involved in care i.e. Physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy. Goal to get patient at maximum potential.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Driving hours daily
Some Flexibility
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 6, 2016
Expect you to be on call for only $200 a week. No advancement opportunities. Management is not local. So short staff that they hire anybody and everybody off the streets. Paychecks are always getting messed up.
Cons
compensation, dealing with uneducated employeers
awful
Personal Care Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNAugust 4, 2016
This company is an absolute disgrace! The management and HR staff is unorganized,unreliable and UNPROFESSIONAL! They have poor communication skills and it's a lot of confusion as well. You have to basically BEG for work. They say one thing and then turn around and say they don't recall what they have said to you. Also, they barely give you any information about the members they send you to alot of the times you are going to a home not knowing what to expect. I have also voiced my concerns about certain aspects of my job and of course they assure you they will take care of it and never do.I have NEVER had an issue with a company I worked for until i worked for this company.
Pros
The work is fulfilling and The people you care for are amazing
Cons
everything as stated
Nice place to work always have clients on hand.
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 13, 2016
My day starts off by making sure client has taken their medicines in the morning and seeing if they would like breakfast. I have learn that not all things run smoothly in a typical day, but is exciting to learn something new. The nurses that come in for weekly visits are nice and friendly and really listen their clients. The hardest thing I've learn is that not all clients receive the same care and remembering which client needs what at first is hard.The thing I like the most is listening to stories about the old days and how life was back then.
Pros
life experience, great company
Cons
no insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at At Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

69%