At Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great place to work.Compassionate and helpful bosses
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, RINovember 27, 2017
The owners are very caring people who have their clients and employees wellbeing at heart. wonderful company. They take pride in their company and they are willing to go the extra mile for their clients and employees.
I was glad I was able to help my mother and spend the time wirth her before she passed
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
Taking care of a sick relative, much less your mother, is a tough job. It is exhausting physically and emotionally. However, the time I was able to spend with my mom before she passed away meant the world to me and was worth any sacrifice I needed to make.
Pros
Time with my mother
Cons
my mother passed away
Good job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2017
it was a good job for the most part until they don't tell you the customers diagnosis like they are supposed to. i loved all my clients they were all so sweet and nice.
Very Nice Work Place to
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 29, 2017
I love working for health care there very understanding i never called out even if im sick my job is important caring for others helping them with things they cannot do themselves
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Healthcare
productive workplace
Ifys home health care (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 27, 2017
Working at a at home health care is a very productive place to work in. It was very comfortable and lets you get to know the client more on a one on one tip. So that there needs can be met according to there health plan.
Pros
wide range of back ground cultures
Cons
very specific with there culture's and backgrounds
Traveling
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 23, 2017
Traveling between multiple clients, no made out work schedule so basically the only way to get your schedule for the day or week was either through a text message or phone call. If you don't like driving or commuting then this isn't the job for you because you will be doing a lot of it. Also you have to use your own vehicle so if you don't have reliable transportation or you don't want to put the wear and tear on your vehicle then this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Break periods between clients, incentives
Cons
Traveling far distances and not getting paid to do so, wear and tear on your own vehicle
i enjoyed most of my clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 23, 2017
i can plan around my days,i do 5 hrs a day and go to the next one.the houses are all with each other.if there is a proble,i can call somone in the office and they will come out and help me.
Pros
take days off when i need to
Cons
good ppl
Stay away from
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2017
This is not a good agency to work for. On average. I worked 8 to 12 hours per pay period. There are no incentives or benefits. Avoid this agency at all cost.
Pros
Cons
A con
management
Administrator/Supervising Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Management changes constantly and it is very top heavy with lots of chiefs and not enough Indians. I was given the responsibility of many many important aspects of the business, but none of the authority.
Pros
money
Cons
cleaning cooking spending time with client
At Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHSeptember 19, 2017
typical day at work is helping with meds,shiower,cooking breakfast and cooking lunch and snack, going to any doctor appt that is scheduled for that day watching movies with my client ,pretty much anything the client wants to do
Pros
love the job love my client
Cons
no health care, and the pay
I take care of one person at home
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lyles, TNAugust 25, 2017
I helped a man with MS in our home 24 hours a day. I did not work outside the home because of it but I wanted to. He needed my help, trust and friendship.
A great place to work and care for our elderly community.
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with At Home Care, meeting different clients through the years I worked there. My boss was a wonderful leader and an example of how to care for our elderly and disabled adults.
Pros
Caring for the elderly and disabled adults, learning and flexible schedule.
Cons
Working weekends
Loved the clients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 22, 2017
I loved working for at home care the clients that i serviced were reasonable they love to see me on their asigned days i helped them keep their homes in good living order
Pros
Loved my clients
Cons
Never had much time off
I enjoyed working with the elderly.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
My job was great I loved working with the elderly people. But there could also be bad days too. The worse day could be that you get a call from your employer that your client has expired.
Workplace Culture
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 19, 2017
For those of you who have cared for a loved one, days are filled with trials and tribulations. It takes strength and courage to do all you do everyday. Not everyone is cut out for it. But you do what is necessary for your loved one because you care.
at home senior care
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 15, 2017
it is a good paying job. some of the people there are nice. but they do not have it in oder they need people that would work like me. the main boss is great
Employment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2017
a typical day at work was being at work for assigned hours and helping customers with questions and finding items that made them happy. Being a Teacher's Assistant was helping students grow by learning and showing parents their children's work that they have accomplished at school and seeing them smile and being proud of their children. I have learned that it's very rewarding having different kinds of employment because you get too learn different skills. I have had the privilege of working with different management and i have had my fair share of good ones and bad ones but i had too just smile and do my job and not complain.I have had many different workplace culture working along different people and staff and watching how they do their job and trying too learn different things from them.The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye when i could no longer work when my husband's health start too go down hill fast i enjoyed working and making new friends. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i was able too see someone happy that i helped and able too make their day easier
Pros
you're able too learn from people who had many years of experience
Cons
you have too be able too take the tough times and the good times
God job bad pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 9, 2017
The job was not always secure. Had to always wait for them to call me. They would send me an hour or little more away from home and the milage pay was not good.
Cons
Short brakes or not any at all. No good pay for milage.
great place
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 8, 2017
great place to work, loved working with the people and the patients i had were great... would recommend this as a great place to work for anyone.......
I loved what i do
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 6, 2017
I loved helping seniors i enjoyed making breakfast and lunch
I enjoyed talking to the clients and spending my time with them
I learned how to be patient with people and how to manage my time better
The hardest part of my job was not being able to work with the company anymore
Besides that i enjoyed every moment of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at At Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.