ATA Retail Services Employee Reviews in United States

No heavy lifting hours flexible fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 17, 2015
Most days are pretty routine filling and ordering Then there are days when stores remodel and all stripclips are removed and dumped in milk crates so it takes a while to sort out Mangers are very helpful helpline is excellent
I enjoyed working for ATA, and was sorry to lose my job due to reduction of work
Merchandiser/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2015
My job at ATA was merchandising and supervising an area in my territory. I was in contact with about 6 merchandisers that reported directly to me via e-mails and cellphone daily. My duties as a supervisor were to make sure the merchandisers were completing their work on time, reviewing payroll, keeping up with company information and passing it on to the merchandisers. I would also do interviews and train new employees. I would occasionally work in the field with merchandisers to make sure they were merchandising their stores properly, writing credits as needed, damaging out unsellable merchandise, and to see if the store had any problems or requests. During my last year with ATA, I had been given the added responsibilities of mentoring 11 other supervisors in my territory in regards to overdue store services and recruiting requests. I enjoyed my work with ATA, both as a supervisor and a merchandiser. I could set my own schedule within company guidelines. I worked under a great territory manager, and had co-workers that made the job enjoyable. Management was readily available for questions and problems as they came up. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the distributions that the company would send out. I felt it was a bit much, and hard for inexperienced merchandisers to deal with.
In summary, I enjoyed my job with ATA. I learned a wealth of knowledge about merchandising and supervising people.
Pros
set your own schedule within company guidelines
Cons
raises were few and far between, no room for advancement
controlling hateful management and no benefits
picker (Former Employee) –  portland, tennesseeAugust 2, 2015
The management here is awful. They are rude, hateful and have potty mouths. They expect way to much out of one person for $8.50 a hour with no benefits ever. They also demand you to work overtime and you find out a hour before you leave. It is a issue for people with kids. The work was very easy but other than that it is not a career job. They have no future to grow in the company.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no benefits ever, controlling supervisors
I enjoyed my job
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 4, 2015
I put merchandise on clip strips in grocery stores and placed orders by computer for the merchandise to be put on strips.
Pros
this was a job where you worked on your own, and it was enjoyable
Cons
not enough hours available
An OK company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Unfortunately, there are no benefits at all with this company. Also, you are working within a time constraint which often is not enough. Don't expect much help from management either.
Pros
great work/ life balance
Cons
no benefits, no help from management, horrible time allotments
flexable work schedule
Supervisor - Job (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 17, 2015
This company has a very flexible work schedule. Hours have been cut so they don't have to pay benefits.
Pros
flexable work schedule
Cons
hours limited so they don't have to pay benefits
The Washington State manager is the best I've ever worked for
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  tacoma, waMarch 1, 2014
This has been one of the best jobs I've had for merchandising. I almost quit from having to work with my supervisor - CE. She is very old fashion and can be hostile to work with. The hired the new Territory Manager - TH and she is the best. She communicates in a quick fashion, and is so positive and up building. The previous TM - SC, was never around, never got back to anyone, only had negative comments to give when she did visit. Very happy that we have one in town now and she is the best!
Pros
flexible - new territory manager
Cons
supervisor is very negative
Great Part Time Job
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2013
Fun place, very flexible work schedule. extremely accomidating to personel schedule. great ability to work independantly
Overall Review is a 5 star rating.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2013
> Go to receiving
> Pick up boxes of inventory
Management is pleasant as are co-workers. the job has an easy plan to follow, very concise. I enjoy being in different environments vs. the same daily.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
none so far!
Unfair to employees and no raises, inconsistent in rules
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 13, 2013
Enjoyed working pt and managing time, convenient to my lifestyle
Pros
working and managing own time
Cons
no raises, constant chg of mgrs. rules changing constantly, uncaring to employees, no benefits
Fun Place to work
Temporary Worker/ Fill in Where Needed (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 11, 2013
All the people were very nice. Work Environment was open and fun.
Pros
alot of freedom as long as the work got done.
Cons
only temp worker so no benefits or paid time off
ata
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2013
typical merchandising job. Same consistant daily duties. Very simple work.
awsome place to work. especially for a single moms
scanner (Former Employee) –  goodlettsville tnApril 11, 2013
this is a busy fast paced company. family oriented. good learning experience.
Pros
good hours family oriented easiest job ever!!!
Cons
pay. insurance
Stay away from this company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2013
I still work for ATA but I'm looking for something else. They do not give you enough time to do the work. They expect you to enter your time and your order on your own time. They do not pay for mileage. The Territory Manager in our area is a snob. She treats everyone like they are 5 years old and totally incapable of doing anything right. We just lost our Supervisor who was wonderful. He trusted us and showed respect for us. The Territory Manager hired the stupidest merchandiser to replace him! This girl can't put a decent sentence together. The merchandiser who should have been promoted was brilliant and creative and she up and quit. Fortunately for her, she had a lot of money and really didn't need the job. But then, they told me the T.M. only came to our area once in about five years so she really didn't know us. We get e-mails every day (you have to read those on your own time, too) and they are constantly telling us we have to get permission to return items and permission to go over what they call Target Time. It's a "Mother may I" type of company. If you like raising your hand and getting permission to go to the bathroom then this is for you! If not, stay as far away from this company as you can. Oh, and don't expect pay raises unless you call 25 cents per year a raise!!!!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor pay. no incentive. lousy t.m.'s
I hated working for ATA
Suprvisor (Former Employee) –  New Yor, NYMarch 21, 2013
This company is very unorganized. They never give you enough time to do a job correctly. They lie continuously. Even for a part time job, it sucks.
Pros
work close to home
Cons
hard work, poor pay, unreasonalble expectations

Comment – December 22, 2013

I agree. ATA is unorganized and full of liars. My boss was the worst!!

Time standards difficult to meet
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2012
I really enjoyed working at ATA Retail Services, however I found that the policies of the company and time frame allotted in the stores were too difficult to meet. The products have a specific area within a store that they should be placed, and often times this was not done. Therefore, I was consistently having to move items to the location they belonged which was very time consuming. I had even asked my supervisor to show me how these time frames could be accomplished, and she did show me, however, items were placed in locations that were not congruent to the schematic of store, and I felt that their philosophy of "correct item, correct location" was not adhered to completely. I was putting in time on my own, making sure the products were properly located, and this caused a problem with my having too many hours reported.
Pros
working early morning hours
Cons
difficulty meeting specific time frames
This place is a work hard place.
putaway (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 17, 2012
its considered a part time job....... even though they post unlimited overtime almost all the time. there is zero benefits. no paid holidays insurance nothing.
Pros
the work is real easy and the hours were great
Cons
no benefits
Awesome Part Time Job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 29, 2012
Working for ATA is a lot of fun. Management is very down to earth and easy to get along with. My Supervisor is Awesome and actually takes time to train me. Open line of communication on a daily basis.
Don't expect to get rich working for ATA, though. This is definitely a Part Time position.
Pros
flexibility, management is great to work with!
Cons
no benefits, no possibility to work full time