ATC Employee Reviews

Terrible
Admin (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 14, 2017
Terrible company. Management is ridiculous. Half the time they don't even come to work. Can't get equipment in for customers. Can't even pay the trash bill.
great place to work but doesn't exist any longer
Charter Single Pilot (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIJuly 28, 2017
This job doesn't exist any longer. Not much more that can be said at this point in time. If the company is resurrected I would be happy to go back to work for them.
travel agency
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYJuly 10, 2017
This was a travel agency who wrote the end of contract date down wrong which led to a lapse in my work so I had to go out and find another job. I prefer a permanent position
Pros
good pay
Cons
not a permanent posiiton
Wonderful place to work
"Air Traffic Controller" (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
The company has a plethora of ways of advancements. The company is growing with room to grow. Management does show favoritism, but if you exceed their expectations there is no need to worry. The company is driven and constantly expanding which is why there is room for advancement.
Pros
Wonderful benefits and advancement
Cons
Minimal time spent on training appropritely
Good Management Team
CDL class B Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 5, 2017
Company was sold to National Express, Have good rapport with operators, How to be good Manager and Supervisor. Training new drivers to be operators, picking up passengers or answering customer complaint.
Cons
No breaks
grinding the concrete, applying coating or polishing
VP ATC epoxy and polished concrete (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INMay 21, 2017
grinding the concrete, applying coating or polishing the prepped floor, have to unload the trailer with all the equipment, supplies, tools needed to begin and complete the job until floor is complete.
nice place to visit and work
Special Events Parking Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 12, 2017
it was a great place to work. fun people to work with. I supervise about 60 to 70 workers doing traffic control and ticket/money takers at events in three parking decks plus a parking lot. I had to schedule weekly jobs and for 16 months I had to approve their payroll. I had make sure all signs were put out for the special event being held. and put back up. I also work closely with security while doing these event. the hardest part was doing everything by yourself. But I got it done.
Pros
benifits was great
Cons
to much pressure
Very stressful environment to work
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 12, 2017
I liked my overall job there, but the doctor made it a very stressful and hard place to work. Management did they best, but the doctor had to last say.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Overbearing and stressful
its a workplace
Assembly/Repair mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 30, 2017
old school management, will blame and terminate for their mistakes. Its a tight knit group, if you're not in, then you're out. the people that work there are great, but fear the upper staff.
Not so hot.
Help Desk Administrator - Teir II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Management allowed a hostile work environment to exist in ALL areas.

There was never a typical day as I supported everything.
(a server farm in VM, most in MS Hyper V, 2 servers in VMware exsi)
(phones, doors and security, IP cams and recording/retrieval of video)
If there was a typical day it would involve file and print, new user set up in AD and everything in between.
What I learned about management, they were petty and still living in the 1950's
Workplace Culture, it was non existent.
The hardest part of the job was deal with all the narcissist in management.
The most enjoyable?? The people, the normal working people.
The rank and file were a great bunch of folks.
Pros
Laid back (most of the time)
Cons
Dealing with class A personalities.
Does not recognize holidays for temporary employees
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COFebruary 4, 2017
I was laid off over the holiday weekend when I wasn't able to work on Christmas. They also gave me no warning that they were going to stop production over the weekends, which were the only 12 hour shifts I was working at the time. I was over qualified for the material handler position that I was assigned (my goal was to become a set up technician because I have experience doing so) and they never gave me a raise when I was promoted from Machine Operator to Material Handler. I still haven't gotten the 80 hour bonus that they promised me upon hire through the temp agency. The first three weeks that I worked at ATC, payroll did not recognize me as an ATC employee, so I went over a month without getting my first paycheck.
The manager on my shift frequently slept on the job, and even advised me to do so when there wasn't any work to be done.

Overall, ATC was a very, very unsatisfying experience. I am looking for work in injection molding for plastics, and ATC was supposed to be a permanent position for me. In my opinion, they have poor management and absolutely no room for growth.
Pros
Decent starting wage.
Cons
Limited hours and production.
Hard job, but rewarding
Para-transit Driver (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLJanuary 31, 2017
This one of the hardest jobs I have ever done. Doing paratransit is difficult only because it is not always possible to be on time due to hectic scheduling. There is nothing in this world that can prepare you for this job. On the other hand, the clients are what make this job rewarding. They are disabled people who have fought to get to where they are in life. The do not their disabilities get in the way. Inspiring is what I call it.
Pros
Clients, met my wife here
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, very hectic
Fun place to work
Office Admin / Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLDecember 29, 2016
The owner is an awesome person. He really works with you on your schedules and the training is very thorough. The office environment is calm and peaceful and the rentals that they clean are beautiful and not to hard to do. I really enjoyed working here.
Productive work enviroment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 20, 2016
ATC is a productive and hard work environment. ATC drives to make its employees and company better. ATC's managers are easy to work with and push you to better yourself.
Decent
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2016
Overall company is fine, depending on project, hours vary but when work is slow have to find some sort of hours to be billable for 90% of a work week.
Pros
Fellow employees real nice
Not what I expected
Staff Scientist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2016
Not what I expected, informed me I would not be traveling as often as I have, not enough work to stay busy, management style is very hands on to the point where everything is micromanaged
Pros
Work schedule when not traveling
Cons
Management, not enough work to stay busy
flexible
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 17, 2016
A great company to work for if you are in need of flexibility due to family. My direct supervisor was very cooperative and accommodating. I enjoyed working for ATC.
It has been a decent company to work for.
RN, Agency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 1, 2016
What typical day may look like working for ATC might involve a call in the middle of the day to work somewhere the following day or week. Usually the places they have sent me to have been places to learn new things and grow professionally. The hardest part of working as an agency nurse is the assignments can be very difficult. The most enjoyable part is getting paid weekly or daily.
Pros
Getting paid weekly or daily
Cons
Assignments can be difficult
Outdoors and Kirby
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 22, 2016
My typical work experience while working with Kirby vacuum cleaners was not my typical working evviroment. I had to go outdoors for twelve hours in the hot sunny weather, knocking on doors, while trying to get into houses to do "Demos". Demos are demonstrations of the new Kirby product, the Avilir. Myself and four other of my co-workers would carpool to other cities in Arizona, such as, San Tan and Casa Grande. I did not enjoy this job at all whatsoever because of my health and almost getting heatstroke while on the job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hot weather
Great work and environment
Consultant SOF Customer (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 11, 2016
working with SOF folks and UAS folks is very demanding and it's a great environment to work in.

research is also a great asset to have when working at ATC and people skills is also mandatory