ATEL Capital Group Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2017
I work across all other departments and honestly, the people here are great to work with. I have worked here at ATEL for over 13 years now and it’s the relationships and the comradery that I have with my coworkers that keep me here.

Pro:

Everyone I work with is professional and respectful with one another, no matter what their role is.

ATEL offers flexible hours that accommodate my commute or if I have an emergency or a doctor’s appointment.

Managers don’t micromanage your work, you’re treated like a professional.

HR makes sure that you are recognized in one way or another by giving us anniversary gift cards, anniversary baskets, hosting monthly lunch & learns, Fun Friday’s, birthday cakes and happy hours.

Managers all pitch in to throw employees an annual Christmas happy hour.

Cons:

Pay increases could be more frequent and better for those that have proven their worth and loyalty.

It is true that ATEL may not be for everyone. I can see that by some of the negative postings on here. I feel that maybe some of these employees either took things too personally or did not take the time to build relationships with the people around them.
Positive culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Would definitely recommend to anyone. The management is really easy to work with and involved in positive growth. Friendly culture.
Awful Environment and the CEO is the only one making money!
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2017
The investment fees are a scam and when discussed with the CEO and Upper-Management, a hostile environment ensued. Threatening emails were sent and turnover prevented any progress from being made in the business.
good place to learn and grow, cool people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2016
Started out as an entry level employee and within 1 year was promoted and received a nice raise. I have been with the company 4 years now and been promoted again.

Company has a collaborative culture but you must reach from within and be able to think inside and outside the box to be successful, You do get training and support but yo must learn quickly and effectively. It is a demanding environment but with right attitude and work ethic you can go far.
Pros
people and learning a complex product and business model
Cons
upper management could be more visable and transparent on where the company is headed
A broken place with no culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2016
The only pros are that people are friendly. No structure. Paid well below market. Good place if you want a 9-5 and a stable paycheck.
Casual office environment
Investment Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2015
This is a satellite office of ATEL. Unfortunately, management has decided to sell the building and move this office to San Francisco.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Isolated
Miserable Company filled with miserable people
Senior Level (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Advice to Senior Management – Senior management, especially the founder, is woefully out of touch with junior employees, and is content to take home fat paychecks on the backs of the people doing the real work.
Pros
Open work environment where you create your own job
Cons
Very little to non-existence guidance.
Excellent mamagement
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2012
I performed forensic accounting:
Research, filter, sort, verify, organize, track, and analyze data from different and disparate sources to create and document audit findings.
Determine possible accounting scenarios from findings. Complete a valid and properly annotated audit report and record via Excel program.
Pros
learning more accounting system
Cons
short term project
Alternative Invesments
Northeast Regional Director, Inside Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2012
Learned a great deal of knowledge in the Alternative Asset Space and worked very hard as developing/cultivating relationships in my territory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATEL Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9