Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Incumbent must have the skills, ability and judgment to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically.
- Diagnose, research and resolve “Tier 1” technical support issues.
- Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Redirect “Tier 2” support requests to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate issues, as they require more urgent attention.
- Administer Help Desk software.
- Research support issues as needed.
- Maintain communication with users / clients during the life of a support ticket.
- Set up computers for new hires.
- Set up network and personal printers.
- Set up new users on the network and give them appropriate network and software access.
- Stay current with system information and updates through training and certification.
- Other duties as needed.
Essential Job Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelors degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Minimum of two years I.T. support and customer service experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of relevant software (including Microsoft Windows XP, 7, Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010, VMWare View) and hardware (including PCs., laptops, monitors, printers, IP phones)
- Some knowledge and understanding of networking including switches, routers, Active Directory, VMWare VSphere, Windows Server 2003, 2007, SQL Server.
- Well developed verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Effectively work individually, in a team environment, with customers and internal staff.
- Ability to assess problems and situations, possesses analytic ability and good judgment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet employer's attendance policy.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Applicant must have the ability to understand and follow directions.
- Applicant must have the ability to physically install operational equipment.