Children Services – Athens, Ohio
Protecting Children Strengthening Families Securing Futures
Athens County Children Services has a rich history of commitment to creative approaches to serving children and families has encouraged development of innovative community based programming, some of which has garnered national as well as statewide attention. Athens County Children Services has pioneered progressive initiatives such as a therapeutic foster care network serving the southeast Ohio region and prevention programs which extended into the community, shifting an emphasis, to partnering with families to provide them with resources so parents could become better parents and children could be supported and empowered to make good decisions for their lives.
The Operations Manager is responsible for clerical supervision; development and implementation of procurement practices; manage procedure, development, compliance and monitoring of contracts; and assist with agency projects.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess knowledge of professional office practices and ability to supervise personnel. They will have the opportunity to work independently and with others; to use their exceptional verbal and written communication skills; and analyze problems, find solutions and make decisions. The successful candidate will work with the Deputy Director of Finance and Operations on a variety of special agency projects ranging from the physical plant or inventory to computer hardware and software purchase and installation.
Find out more about this position and Athens County Children Services at:
- Supervises all clerical staff.
- Develop procurement program for agency.
- Implement procurement practices in agency.
- Oversee the development of agency-initiated contracts.
- Monitor compliance of agency initiated contracts.
- Oversee contract compliance when agency is provider.
- Provide assistance to Deputy Director of Finance and Operations on various agency projects.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- Administrative office experience, training and/or supervisory experience necessary.
- Computer knowledge and experience, including data bases, spreadsheets, word processing, and internet use.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License.
35 Working Hours Per Week:
- 8:30 to 4:30 Monday – Friday
Beginning Hourly Rate Range:
- $20.06 – $26.08 plus excellent benefit package