Athens Regional Medical Center

Athens Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Okay place
Network Manager (PCM) (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: short cummute
Cons: limited advancement
Management okay, coworkers work as a team, benefits are above average, commute is short.
Do not waste your time on the pharmacy at ARMC.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Athens, GAApril 26, 2014
Cons: everything
Until the management changes at this place, do not waste your time applying or working here. Horrible energy and the management do not care how many hours you are working or your work/life balance. I had over six years of retail experience before coming to work at ARMC and I have to say this is the WORST experience I have ever had. I prefer to work – more... in an environment that is positive and where my pharmacy becomes my family and this is NOT the place. These people do NOT care about you. STAY AWAY. – less
Athens Regional Medical Center is a very productive and fair place to work
Eligibility Supervisor and Manager (Former Employee), 1199 Prince Avenue, Athens, GA 30606April 21, 2014
Pros: reasonable lunch prices and well prepared food health conscious food.
Cons: i have no cons to list.
I was employed at Athens Regional Medical Center 25 plus years. During that period of time I never had formal disciplinary action. I feel that I was treated fair by the administrative staff and my supervisors, managers and directors at ARMC.

I enjoyed working at ARMC in all of the positions that I held. I gained a lot of experience and always put forth – more... my best efforts when performing my job functions. The benefits were great and very helpful.

I retired when I became eligible, now I am seeking part time employment to supplement my income and would appreciate the opportunity to work at ARMC again.

I am currently in good health and have no disabilities or handicaps to prevent me from working in a position that I am qualified to perform. – less
great place to work
Supply Distributing Services/Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: you learn a lot
Cons: typical nothing to bad
if you love people , you will love working at ARMC. Great staff, great leadership. The pay is about average. To make the most of the benefits with this company, you need a degree. The higher you go the higher the demand for education.
Productive and Fun work place
Material Management (Former Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: safe place of employment
Cons: work on your feet long hours
Professional Environment
Clean Environment
Fun and Educational Workplace
Excellent Benefits/ Pay
Every fun
An active volunteer (Current Employee), athens, GaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: getting to know my co-workers
I learned a lot of things volunteering at the hospital. I love the people I work with and love meeting different people every Thursday.
Fun place to work, lots of characters!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: avoid the cafeteria
Management is laid back and friendly. The staff is diverse and interesting. "Shift rivalry" can be a little childish but not too big a deal.
Never a typical day!
Patient Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Athens, GADecember 25, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: long hours
The best part of the job was getting to work with so many different types of people. The hardest part of the job was doing all of the death paperwork for the hospital when there were multiple deaths at a time. I have great co-workers that were always willing to help, but since I often worked along from 5pm-11pm, I was able to develop the skills of prioritizing – more... and multitasking. – less
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Athens, GaNovember 30, 2013
The most enjoyable thing about my job is maintain and keeping the hospital cleaned and sanitized. Everyday I go to work excited to meet new people. It means a lot to me when I can brighten up a patients day by just cleaning there room.
Pharmacy Technician
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Athens, GANovember 24, 2013
It is a good place to work. Very hard to get any days off unless you are PRN. Nice people and an easy hospital to learn how to navigate.
Not a good place for nurses
Professional Nurse (Former Employee), Athens, GANovember 17, 2013
tried magnet pursuit and dropped due to lack of support for nursing, very top heavy admin with almost 0 contact with employess
Productive, fast place, team players!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Athens, GANovember 8, 2013
This was an amazing place to work. The unit I worked on was ortho. The whole staff were team players. The unit was very fast paced, yet we always worked together. I loved my job. I ended up falling ill and had to be out of work for a month due to the doctor having me out of work for tests. I am ready now to put my hard work forth for another hospital – more... and show them what a team player I am! – less
Very good management, nursing, and rehab staff who are efficient, helpful, and pleasant to work with.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Athens, TNNovember 4, 2013
Pros: family friendly hours and caring and easy to work with management
Cons: as a prn, i do not get enough work hours a week.
My job duties include carrying out the plan of care set by the Physical Therapist upon evaluation. My duties include personal care, wound care,exercise, gait, therapeutic activities, manual, and modality aspects which aid in the fullest recovery possible for each patient in order to discharge then to the next level of therapy and / or living.
Steady job
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Athens, GAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free meal, cheap insurance.
Cons: short breaks due to how much time you got, 12 hour shifts, you may not get days you want off unless you put them in almost 3 months in advance!
You're basically a waiter/waitress of your designated floor. You get patient's food orders, you fix the tray and load them in a cart. You go to your floor and pass out the trays. You wait till everybody gets done eating, you pick up dirty trays, you clean off dirty trays for dishwasher and organize and clean your work area or assigned chore before doing – more... it all over again. – less
Good place to start
Improvement Analyst (Current Employee), Athens, GAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: relaxed
Cons: not much to progress
Very relaxed, good benefits, good for a starter job. It is a very warm environment. People are nice and supportive. Not much stress
CSR Tech
Certificated Central Sterilize Reprocessing (Former Employee), Athens, GAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: time off
Cons: need better management
check stock levels
pull cases for next day
check sterilization records
assemble instruments
management is ok
co-workers are great
Positive environment
Case Management Assistant (Current Employee), Athens, GASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: working with people, helping others and being a part of a team
Cons: lack of communication in the workplace
* Performed basic clerical duties: (faxing, scanning, e-mailing, scheduling appointments, multiple phone lines, assisted director, inventory management, creating meetings/presentations)
* Followed standard operating procedures
* Maintained customer-centric focus & attitude; interacted with patients positively
* Obtained patient’s height and weight
* – more... Maintained HIPPA regulations
* Conducted multiple tasks with speed and accuracy including: data entry, utilizing multiple computer systems, and reviewing appeals & denials
* Management is somewhat unorganized - my job is partially designed to help with that; however, I find it difficult to do so as they progressively become more difficult to meet with - due to scheduling conflicts and personal time constraints (on their part)
* Communication is lacking and I feel that it is key to a successful organization and business. – less
This my world! A wonderful working environment.
RN (Current Employee), Athens, GASeptember 26, 2013
This is defined by by daily professional goal: putting in my best to achieve my client's goal. A typical day starts with knowing that I am called to render help to my clients and coordinate their care with other team members. I learned to be the client advocate with team spirit. I am so blessed with wonderful coworkers. We are like a family.
The hardest – more... part of the job is when my best effort to care is not good enough to relief my client's pain. But the most enjoyable part of the profession is to see a smile on the face of my client. It feels good to behold a smile on my client. Nursing in Athens Regional Medical Center is rewarding. It is a wonderful place to work as a Nurse. – less
Show the students support in whatever they try.
Volunteer project Hand-in-Hand (Former Employee), athens, gaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: enjoyed seeing my students happy when they could accomplish the job
Cons: wages were inadaquite
I helped students with special needs find jobs in the community. At their job I would assist them in learning how to do the job properly.
Productive and Educational
Certified Breast Care Nurse (Current Employee), Athens, GASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: healthcare
I've worked at Athens Regional Medical Center since before graduating from nursing school in 1997. ARMC has been a secure place to work with a variety of educational/work changes over the years. Athens Regional has been very good to their employees.

1 2 3