Athens Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Workplace
Patient Access Rep II/Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 17, 2017
I really enjoy working with the people in my department. The hospital has went through very many changes in the time that I have been here. I believe the last change will be the best yet.
Work environment was very familiar and easy to transition in all areas, which coincided with my several years of law enforcement.
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 23, 2017
Working at Athens Regional Medical Center, as a Lead Security Officer,was great; as I was able to share with the department my previous experience in working in law enforcement. Most of all my previous experience (17 yrs.) working with the mental health patients, especially at admission. I also shared with the department, different safety & security methods for the facility.
Working at Athens region was fun.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 19, 2017
I worked at ARMC for almost 8 years. My time there was good from time to time. I lilied my work schedule. I enjoyed working with my team. We had lots of fun together.
Learning Workplace
CSR Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 12, 2017
This job was very educational. You not only learned about the equipment used within the hospital but was able to help people in need. The management here helped with the job and were able to answer questions within timely manners. They were never hard to reach.
Good place to work fast pace and lots of learning opportunities
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 6, 2017
Several areas for career growth, located in the heart of Athens. They provided incentives at to advance your career. Also you are exposed to several private practices if that is what you prefer. Staff well trained and organized.
Pros
Good for teaching you how to work in a fast paced enviroment
Cons
salary could be better
Fast growing health center, with a big heart for it's patients and staff
STAFF RN-PACU (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 5, 2017
Athens Regional Health center administration, doctors, nurses and ancillary staff are the best. There are no words to describe my experience there, except to say that it was warm, inviting, nurturing, kind and mindful to all involved. They took care of the patients, as if they were family. They took care of their staff from (day one orientation to your last day), as if your were family. They provided the most updated medical care in the world, but with a home town approach, which is love. I can not say anything bad about them.
Pros
Cons
My contract ended.
great learning experience
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJune 3, 2017
my first job in a pharmacy, and I was able to learn at a slower pace. The schedule was great. Working every other weekend was the only downfall to the job hours.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay was low
Very typical everyday
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNApril 21, 2017
I answered a multi lined switchboard, I did filing and any reports that needed done and i greeted the public. Management was not very good. Job was boring at time but I love being in the public and helping the patients and showing sympathy to those in need.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Pay and hours
great job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 21, 2017
such a great job to work at i loved being able to learn the hospital and go around seeing all the floors i would work here again in a heart beat really enjoyed it
Decent
Medical Specialties A - Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Decent place to work. I enjoyed my time there and worth it as a patent care tech to get experience. Especially if you are going into nursing school the expereince is invaluable.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Excellent expierence
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 12, 2017
I think management really supported staff at this facility. We all strived to give excellent patient care. One of my favorite memories are the "deck parties" The top floor of the parking deck would be closed and we would have free picnic lunches to celebrate significant events and holidays.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Can not remember any cons.
Great for pre-med
Patient Care Liaison (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Highly recommend for undergraduates great opportunity for people who want to pursue graduate school or medical school. People are easy to work with.
Wonderful employer, great for advancement, all around wonderful hospital.
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 19, 2017
The great thing about this hospital is everything!!! Each day was different and I learned so many things due to the fact that my boss believed in cross training people so they could benefit in many departments. There were some stressful times due to the area I worked, but fellow employees and management were always quick to give reassurance and support. The benefits at the time were the best around and it was considered one of the top places in Athens to work.
Pros
cross training, wonderful management, cafeteria was amazing, good location in town.
Cons
parking was too far from the hospital, crossing Prince Avenue was scary at times to even get to the hospital, hospital trolley could take too long at times if that was taken from the parking deck to hospital.
Educational Experience
Patient sitter/ House sitter (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 18, 2017
I got to work with a variety of people. Some had minor mental illness some had major. I learned a lot of patience and how to adapt quickly
Pros
Great support system
Cons
Unsteady hours
Enjoyed my time
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 14, 2017
Simple, nice, and sweet. The atmosphere was asleep though. No one I mean NO ONE I worked with cared about their health. This was a concern of huge mine.
Fieldwork experience
Adult- outpatient, CVA's, low vision, hand therapy (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 30, 2016
Worked with a variety of diagnoses including low vision, TBI's, vertigo, visual scanning, MVA's, CTS, boutinierre deformity, lymphadema, etc. Worked as a student for course credit
Cons
parking
Efficient hospital.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 28, 2016
Overall a very good hospital. A very busy hospital but everyone go above and beyond to satisfy patient needs. I enjoy working with my coworkers because everybody come together on one accord.
Pros
meeting patiens
Cons
lack of communication
Stay Away
Manager of Support Services (Current Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 6, 2016
They still have a lot of changes to make before they live up to the culture they espouse. Hopefully Piedmont will clean house and give new direction.
Great hospital at the time that I worked there.
Case Manager, Resource Utilization (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 4, 2016
My director retired as I was leaving. New incoming CM Director was from NY and really did not understand true CM. Within a year, the department was in ruins.
Pros
Hard Working Employees.
Cons
Hired incompetent director of CM in 2012.
good place to learn
Staff RRT (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 4, 2016
While at ARMC I was exposed to an array of different therapies and equipment and learned most of what I have learned as a therapist there. It offers a lot of opportunities for learning.
Cons
work load was too high