Athens Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

good place to learn
Staff RRT (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 4, 2016
While at ARMC I was exposed to an array of different therapies and equipment and learned most of what I have learned as a therapist there. It offers a lot of opportunities for learning.
Cons
work load was too high
Worked with children and their parents on a daily basis
Clinical Nurse/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GA 30606May 3, 2016
I loved my job, I loved the children and the parents. I felt like I actually got to spend a decent amount of quality time with my patients, answering their questions and mainly having the time to answer questions and make sure the families understand all the information that they have been given
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 25, 2016
Although I was only here for one assignment, I enjoyed the people and surgeons very much. Very easy going and well put together environment. Worked like a well oiled machine.
Pros
great environment
Cons
too far from home
Interesting staff
Cerner Analyst and Consultant in SurgiNet (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 8, 2016
I left on a good response after training and left cheat sheets on how to do the program. Good worker and management. Patience with the change for the older generation but they loved my structure of teaching.
Pros
Adapting to change
Athens Regional Medical Center Review
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 15, 2015
Athens Regional has been going through a difficult as of recently. Currently, the CEO and management are trying to increase the morale and financial situation throughout the hospital. I've always appreciated and enjoyed working for this company throughout it's many changes.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, and management.
Typical hospital setting
employee (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 16, 2015
Management not very good at communicating, staff moral is very low. Pay doesn't match surrounding healthcare systems. Not a place for positive change
Pros
co-workers are awesome
Cons
pay and benefits
excellant
Physician Strategist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 5, 2015
Fun place to work supportive management. very proactive about the quality of the Patient Care. Can't say enough about the care for there employees.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Armc
Staff/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 21, 2015
Have been employed at this hospital for approximately 10 years. Have seen a lot of growth in terms of physical surroundings during that time. Management not particularly responsive to employee concerns or needs. This was not always the case here. Overall, the nurses are excellent, and are dedicated to providing quality care.
Pros
parking garage
Cons
excessive call, short-staffing, chronic high census
Medical Redcords
H.I.M. Tech II (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 16, 2015
I learned lots of great information about Medical charts, how to put the together, scanned them into chartmaxx system, helping doctors and other clients.
Pros
weekends off
its a workplace
Pre-Visit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 7, 2015
register patients 12 hr shift, work is overwhelming, management can be death at times, not a whole lot of job opportunity.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
too much work, not enough help
Great place
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 26, 2015
I loved that you could move up if you really worked at it. I moved quickly up the ladder to Store Manager. It is hard to see most of the corporate stores closed or changed to Franchise stores. I really enjoyed the entire company as a whole.
Great policies.
Orderly/Transporter (Former Employee) –  1199 Prince Ave.August 1, 2015
There are wonderful opportunities available to an employee at Athens Regional Medical Center. I used to walk all over that hospital. I know how it works, and what needs to be done, so does it.
Pros
Open all the time.
Cons
Clock out for lunch.
Excellent hospital to work in
Hearing Screen Tech (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 26, 2015
Athens Regional is a wonderful place to work. I have a very pleasant and caring Supervisor. I work with wonderful people and love the position that I currently perform. I perform hearing screens on the newborns born at ARMC. I would not even consider leaving this position if it wasn't for the fact that the department that I work in is cutting hours due to budgeting and my hours have been cut.
Pros
Work schedule, management and coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Gained a lot of experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 14, 2015
I enjoyed my job. I learned a lot about the medical field from the wonderful doctors that I worked for. I had a great manager that created a happy work environment.
Pros
Great Doctors and free lunches
Cons
low pay
no upper-management support
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 18, 2015
A typical work day started with taking any call outs making sure all the schedules were covered. I had to call the phones into the bed-tracking person and faxing the information into the operators and the Emergency Department I then filled out the pagers sheet and made copies for our department management. I then made rounds to inspect my areas for cleanliness and assign any projects to be done for the day. During the day I continued to make rounds and help complete tasks if needed. At the end of the day I again made round to check for cleanliness and to insure that the daily projects were completed.
Pros
benefits co-workers
Cons
lack of pay and raises, company not loyal to employees
Not The Worst by far but
Unit Secretary / Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Peds UnitMay 16, 2015
Work day is usually 12 hours. I typically round on each patient when i first arrive and check vitials signs. Basic rounding on each patient and their familes is done throught the day. Set up treatment room for labs to be collected, Iv's to be started & sterile procedure to be done. Co-workers are just that. Some friendlier than others. Hardest part of job is getting the department to particpate as a team. Most enjoyable part is providing patient care.

Pay SUCKS!! One raise given in 2 years..horuly pay do not meet Georgia's median. Does NOT come close. SMH!

You can expect to get basic care here at ARMC , possibly good care if you get a Exceptional Nurse.
Pros
Job security/ Advacement
Cons
Benefits /Compensation
Friendly and welcoming hospital to all who come
Support Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 18, 2015
I transport for the first four hours at work then for the last 6 hours I assist patients in moving around their room such as going from the bed to the chair or commode and vice versa. I have learned my way around the hospital and have also expanded my medical vocabulary by talking to nurses, techs, etc. I work under a great staff who is serious about their department and wants it to improve in any way possible. I get along with all of my co-workers and have no internal issues with any of them. The most difficult function of the day is just general weariness near the end of the shift, but that comes with any job and I have learned to push through and just continue to do my job to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with all of the different patients I encounter every day and hearing more about their lives for the little amount of time that I share with them.
Hard to advance
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 21, 2015
The typical day is running around for 8 hours straight and hoping you can count on your co-workers. Management doesn't seem to care for anyone but themselves. The pay is in the lowest 10% in the nation and they are constantly looking for ways for more way to work with minimal staff at minimal pay. The hospital as a whole seems more interested in having a new computer system than seeing it's employees have a fair pay and are more than willing to work the employees to death.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
long hours, poor benefits, pay is in lowest 10% in nation
busy with no patient contact
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 18, 2014
The dept I worked for was always busy but the directors are very hypocritical.I loved my co-workers and I liked that there was always work to do. The training is horrible and the management make up the strangest rules that they don't even bother to follow.
Pros
always busy
Cons
no training, drama, hypocritical management, no annual raise
Great for entry-level professionals
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 8, 2014
Great place to work for entry-level professionals. Very welcoming to students and volunteers. Co-workers are the best!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athens Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Athens Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location