Athens State University Employee Reviews in United States

There is nothing bad to say about ASU. It is an excellent school to work for.
Adjunct Instructor (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 25, 2016
I have taught nutrition as a adjunct professor for 5+ years now. I really enjoy teaching students about nutrition. The reason that I need another PT job is for more income. I don't make enough from ASU to pay all my bills.
Awesome environment to work in.
Change of Advisor, and Readmission forms (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALDecember 22, 2015
I loved the atmosphere, staff, and faculty. Everyone works with you. It felt like a family every time I came in to work. The hardest part was filing and shredding. I wouldn't say it was difficult, but more time consuming. Other than that, everything was fantastic
Worked as a student worker tutoring my peers in math and computer science
Math and Computer Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALDecember 14, 2015
As an honor student, I helped my peers who were struggling in programming classes, as well as mathematic courses. I truly enjoyed this job.
Work Study
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALNovember 24, 2015
I enjoy working at Athens State as a work study. All the faculty and staff are very helpful. They also work with your class schedule.
I love Athens State and would recommend it to anyone!
Computer for senior instructor (Current Employee) –  Athens, AlabamaOctober 5, 2015
I have had the most excellent experience with Athens State. I have always found the faculty and staff the most friendly. The classes are second to none.
Great place to work.
Student Employment (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 3, 2015
Working at Athens State University has been the best experience so far. I love the people that I work with, and I also love the job I do. They care about their employees and make sure they meet their employees needs. Overall, great place to work.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Enjoyable experience helping students learn Business Statistics
Statistics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 25, 2015
It was a good job to learn an office setting and help students better understand business statistics. It also provided the satisfaction of helping others do something they previously could not.
Great place to go to attend
Student (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALMay 6, 2015
Great atmosphere. The faculty and staff are very helpful and friendly. They also offer tutoring which really helps out a lot
Excellent opportunity for the school I attend
Provost List (Current Employee) –  Athens, AlDecember 1, 2014
A typical day at Athens State Help desk would include answer all emails from the night before as soon as I arrive from work. Throughout the day I would answer phone calls from students and faculty to help resolve any computer issues they are experiencing. If I was not able to solve the problem alone I would ask a technician or send a technician to resolve the issue. I would also go around and check all the technology equipment in the classroom to make sure everything was working properly and if any equipment needed to be replaced. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what the issue would be when I student or faculty member called. I would have to be on my toes at all times and be prepared for any issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with both as fellow employees and the faculty and staff. My major is Management of Technology and I am so blessed to have been able to work in IT to gave helpful experience in my future field. I have learned so much about the advancing technology today and as it continues to grow I hope I do too.
Pros
working where i attend school, having access to computer and homework at work, friendly co-workers
Cons
did not work a lot of hours, and had to deal with angry students sometimes
I enjoyed my job and my co-workers with different cultures.
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALNovember 6, 2014
My Supervisors would listen to problems of their employees while employees would get complaints from patrons or students of the college. We worked hard to get problems resolved and help more students and patrons.
Upper level two year degree college
Information Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALNovember 6, 2014
The job required handling a busy student population and multi-call line phone system. I interacted with all aspects of administration, faculty and public.
Pros
good benefits, great people to work with
Cons
working schedule changed frequently
Stability Achieved
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 17, 2014
I work in the lab and library. I make sure all pcs and software are operational. I assist the patrons (library) and students with any questions asked. There are times when I must send the patrons and students to a reference librarian for questions I cannot answer. I keep a workbook through Microsoft Excel for the library. I complete my duties in both areas as well as maintaining peaceful interactions.

I have learned how to make the best of what time I have in the lab and library. Management is great. My co-workers are friendly and we all work together to make the environment pleasant for those who enter into it. The hardest part of the job is the fact that it will not last after graduation. The best part of the job is the experience I have gained as a student worker.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
n/a
Historic institution, with relevant academic programs.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 15, 2014
Great academic institution to work for. Progressive and adapting to the new technologies.
Fun, always something to learn, kept your mind engaged.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALMay 11, 2014
Excellent job while working through school. Definitely helped to sharpen my communication skills.
Enjoyable place to work
IT Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALMarch 31, 2014
I enjoy interacting with the different people that patronize the library.
Nice Work Enviroment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALDecember 15, 2013
A typical day at work, depending on the day, is usually pretty relaxing. This is definitely not a stressful job. My co-workers and I work together to provide a cleaner environment for others. My management is laid-back and one boss is usually right there with us throughout the day.
Pros
set hours
Work Study Position
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALNovember 11, 2013
I have enjoyed working for Athens State University very much. They allowed me to acquire on-the-job experience but allow time for studies also.
Pros
study time, relaxed environment
Temporary job during College.
Full time College Student (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 7, 2013
VA Work Study position while attending college. Provided potential college students with information concerning programs and financial aid.
Pros
helped financially.
Very Easy to work For
Adjunct Professor of Economics (Former Employee) –  Athens ALSeptember 12, 2013
The school was very accommodating to non-typical work hours.

They were very helpful in getting things set up, or problems solved
Pros
good hours
Cons
pay
Great place to secure degree for professional growth
Full-Student (Former Employee) –  Athens, AlabamaJanuary 14, 2013
Combination of economic value and quality of staff and faculty make this an excellent choice for higher education!
Pros
excellent staff and faculty
Cons
distance from my house

4.7