Athens State University Employee Reviews

Great place to go to attend
Student (Current Employee), Athens, ALMay 6, 2015
Great atmosphere. The faculty and staff are very helpful and friendly. They also offer tutoring which really helps out a lot
Excellent opportunity for the school I attend
Provost List (Current Employee), Athens, AlDecember 1, 2014
Pros: working where i attend school, having access to computer and homework at work, friendly co-workers
Cons: did not work a lot of hours, and had to deal with angry students sometimes
A typical day at Athens State Help desk would include answer all emails from the night before as soon as I arrive from work. Throughout the day I would answer phone calls from students and faculty to help resolve any computer issues they are experiencing. If I was not able to solve the problem alone I would ask a technician or send a technician to resolve the issue. I would also go around and check all the technology equipment in the classroom to make sure everything was working properly and if any equipment needed to be replaced. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what the issue would be when I student or faculty member called. I would have to be on my toes at all times and be prepared for any issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with both as fellow employees and the faculty and staff. My major is Management of Technology and I am so blessed to have been able to work in IT to gave helpful experience in my future field. I have learned so much about the advancing technology today and as it continues to grow I hope I do too.
I enjoyed my job and my co-workers with different cultures.
IT Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, ALNovember 6, 2014
My Supervisors would listen to problems of their employees while employees would get complaints from patrons or students of the college. We worked hard to get problems resolved and help more students and patrons.
Upper level two year degree college
Information Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Athens, ALNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great people to work with
Cons: working schedule changed frequently
The job required handling a busy student population and multi-call line phone system. I interacted with all aspects of administration, faculty and public.
Stability Achieved
Student Worker (Current Employee), Athens, ALJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
I work in the lab and library. I make sure all pcs and software are operational. I assist the patrons (library) and students with any questions asked. There are times when I must send the patrons and students to a reference librarian for questions I cannot answer. I keep a workbook through Microsoft Excel for the library. I complete my duties in both areas as well as maintaining peaceful interactions.

I have learned how to make the best of what time I have in the lab and library. Management is great. My co-workers are friendly and we all work together to make the environment pleasant for those who enter into it. The hardest part of the job is the fact that it will not last after graduation. The best part of the job is the experience I have gained as a student worker.
Historic institution, with relevant academic programs.
Recruiter (Current Employee), Athens, ALJune 15, 2014
Great academic institution to work for. Progressive and adapting to the new technologies.
Fun, always something to learn, kept your mind engaged.
Tutor (Former Employee), Athens, ALMay 11, 2014
Excellent job while working through school. Definitely helped to sharpen my communication skills.
Enjoyable place to work
IT Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee), Athens, ALMarch 31, 2014
I enjoy interacting with the different people that patronize the library.
Nice Work Enviroment
Maintenance (Current Employee), Athens, ALDecember 15, 2013
Pros: set hours
A typical day at work, depending on the day, is usually pretty relaxing. This is definitely not a stressful job. My co-workers and I work together to provide a cleaner environment for others. My management is laid-back and one boss is usually right there with us throughout the day.
Work Study Position
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Athens, ALNovember 11, 2013
Pros: study time, relaxed environment
I have enjoyed working for Athens State University very much. They allowed me to acquire on-the-job experience but allow time for studies also.
Temporary job during College.
Full time College Student (Former Employee), Athens, ALOctober 7, 2013
Pros: helped financially.
VA Work Study position while attending college. Provided potential college students with information concerning programs and financial aid.
Very Easy to work For
Adjunct Professor of Economics (Former Employee), Athens ALSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: pay
The school was very accommodating to non-typical work hours.

They were very helpful in getting things set up, or problems solved
Great place to secure degree for professional growth
Full-Student (Former Employee), Athens, AlabamaJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: excellent staff and faculty
Cons: distance from my house
Combination of economic value and quality of staff and faculty make this an excellent choice for higher education!
Full Time Student attended classes for 2 years. Pursuing Bachelors Degree in Management of Technology
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Athens, ALOctober 20, 2012