Athens Technical College Employee Reviews

climate of clicks
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAAugust 10, 2016
hardest part of job was stress from coworkers. There was
never enough support for this small campus and I frequently purchased materials for the office.
Pros
love helping people
Cons
low wages
Great place for self directed individual
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 20, 2015
Great rewards in teaching the next generation if you do not need hand holding by management. Management is prone to make things more difficult due to lack of organization and poor communication. All departments are not necessarily subject to the same dynamics as it is dependent on the program chair. The person I worked under was a nice individual. At the time I worked there, my supervisor only lacked a few key managerial skills which may not be deal breakers for some people. Ultimately it was for me.
Never a dull moment
Student Achievement Coach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 30, 2015
It is a great job to have because I get to have so much interaction with the students. It is never a dull moment so the job is not boring at all. I wish that there was more advancement opportunity for the employees that really do their best to assist the student population.
Pros
Interacting with co-workers
Cons
Limited Advancement
Productive and rewarding teaching environment
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Athens GAAugust 4, 2015
Athens Tech provides English classes for the Athens community, among other courses. The ESL classes were small when divided into skill level. Students are very attentive and kind. Supervisors are supportive and friendly.
Best Kept Secret in Athens
Adjunct Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 30, 2015
My time at Athens Technical College has never been consistent, as I am an adjunct instructor there. I have greatly enjoyed being a part of the team that I believe serves our community ( in many ways) better than many of the larger colleges and universities around.

Athens Tech is a college that provides core classes with versatile transfer equivalency to most other Georgia System Schools, but also has license and certificate programs that many larger schools do not offer. There are many vocational programs that not only benefit the students that will not necessarily succeed at the university level of academics, but will also benefit our community by flooding qualified employers into fields that no community can exist without.

The classes offered at Athens Technical College allow many adjunct instructors to work another part- or full-time job, and teach one or two classes in a subject that they love. This dynamic protects the instructor from "teacher burnout" and gives the students an education from someone who is positive about what they are teaching.
Pros
flexibility; great service to the community; great opportunity for non-traditional students
Cons
not many full-time positions; more small programs than large ones
Nice work area
Maintenance Technician (DTAE) (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 17, 2015
The people are like family. The people are great. I enjoy working there and learning. The pay is excellent and benefit are ok as well
Work Study / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 16, 2015
This is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and it is a family like atmosphere. As a Federal Work Study Student I enjoyed seeing the overall workings of a educational facility.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Short Deadlines on Projects to be completed before the new term. Low Pay
Stable work envionment. Good staff to work with.
Welding Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 14, 2015
I enjoy working at Athens Technical College. The welding program is growing and a great place to learn a valuable trade.
Awesome atmosphere for studying and going to school.
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 21, 2014
This school has been an amazing place for me to advance my education and become an upstanding member of society.
Pros
helpful staff, amazing teachers, great learning atmosphere, and extensive library.
Cons
driving distance is an issue for some, but not all.
State position and fast paced
Public Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 19, 2014
Good working conditions and friendly staff. Everyday faced new challenges.
School
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 19, 2014
Great teachers. Awesome environment. Never once felt like I shouldn't be there.
Anatomy & Physiology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 8, 2014
The other employees here are very nice and willing to help with anything.
Educational and fun
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GANovember 19, 2013
I have always enjoyed working with and helping people. With each new lesson or application that I assisted with, to me, you learn a better and more efficient way of doing things that you already know how to do, but I feel that you can never enough.
Advising
Academic Advisement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 21, 2013
A typical day at work for myself is great. I enjoy the interaction I have with the students and the elation I feel when I am assisting them. I also manage a work study student and mentor him on what path to take. There are no bad days where I am currently employed, except I would like to grow since I will be completing my Master's program.
Excellent Education for Price
Biotechnology Student (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2013
-Knowledgeable Professors
-Small class sizes
-Price per class hour taken very low
-Flexible
-I learned more here and have more confidence in finding employment) in the year it took me to receive my Associates than I did at my 4-year institution
Pros
hands-on learning instruction
Cons
none!
Great Place To work
Drafting Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GaAugust 1, 2013
Love working here while I was a student. Great Team enviroment
At times fast paced, but other times can be very slow.
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 18, 2013
I answer phones, assist the director of Student Activities with errands, spreadsheets, and any of his needs.
Over all a good job, but at times there can be to much down time.
Federal Work Study- Student Activities (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 16, 2013
Answering phones, assisting students and staff, putting up flyers around the school, taking pictures for student and staff id's.
It's a very easy going job not much to complain about.
Federal Work Study (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 27, 2013
My typical day consist of running errands for my boss, putting up flyers around campus, and making student ID's.
A work-study program job
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GaOctober 26, 2012
My laboratory experience at Athens Technical College provided me with some insight into what I may possibly be doing once I completed my studies at the college. I worked here as part of a federal work-study program and the assignment ended once I left the college.

4.3