Athleta Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJuly 10, 2016
Loved working for such a great company and culture! I enjoyed everyday with my group of coworkers and would consider them family. Athleta day in and day out provides amazing service to both their employees and customers!!!
not hard but environment was not for me
Sales Associate Athleta (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Was not a particularly hard job. However, the environment is not the most suitable for me. I have pretty great managers in general but there was certainly some favoritism. The managers will certainly give employees that they are not too fond of menial tasks and send their favorites on earlier breaks. I get along pretty alright with my co workers but they gossip too much for me and I am not an advocate for that. Overall it is not that bad but I am not sure that it is the best place for me. It is a women specific brand so all but one of the sales associates and managers are girls.
Pros
occasional snacks and a good discount
Cons
so many girls are prone to drama
Had a horrible manager.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2016
She was at Providence Place mall, over zealous , drama starter, would yell in our faces. It was awful after 3 years I finally left and now work at the Gap. Completely different environment love it.
Pros
Great company mission, more female based, great discount
Cons
No flexibility, no room for growth, no management turn over
Productive and fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2016
Hours were not bad. Learned how to deal with difficult situations. Management kept everything in order, organized and fun. Loved my coworkers. The best part was working with great people and around great products.
Best coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 21, 2016
This was my first job and I'm convinced I'll never find a place as good as this to work. The managers all really cared about you, and all the coworkers were amazing. They really stress the idea of working as a team, and everyone takes part. They also emphasis taking care of the customer, and because we don't work on commission, the customer never felt like we were pushing them, we just genuinely wanted to help!
The hardest part was focusing on the customer when it's short staffed. It's also difficult to sometimes meet goals when things like traffic are out of your control. It's also a relatively new company, so upper management is STILL trying to work out kinks.
Pros
coworkers, flexibility
Cons
upper management, shipment
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 20, 2016
Team is amazing to work with, fun atmosphere, physically challenging in a good way. Management is supportive. Everyone pulls their own wait and are great team players
Cons
low pay, low hours
Fun company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27612February 7, 2016
Great company that's always empowering women. I have a lot of fun here and they are constantly doing new things. Always offer free classes and you get to wear comfy clothes.
Fun people and great customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I helped fold and manage the floor. I helped costumers find what they needed and what they wanted. I helped manage the fitting room and go backs. I helped in the stock room by sending material and restocking materials.
Great company
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
great group of people to work with
good management. they provide great direction
its fun dealing with the customers and helping them shop
fun
Relaxed and fun place to work
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 3, 2016
I have learned how to run a store without a General Manager for several months while being short an Assistant Manager. I have learned many different skills but was not set up for success.
Pros
Free Fitness Classes
Cons
Stretched assignments without compensation
Love the company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTNovember 19, 2015
Love the company. Great people to work with. Amazing products and customer service. Clean atmosphere. Fun place to work along with a fantastic discount.
Excellent culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 12, 2015
Typical day at work is filled with opportunities to engage with health and fitness-minded co-workers and clients. We inspire each other to be our best. Management is very supportive and encouraging. The hardest part of the job is the hours, but that is typical of retail. It is also a long day of being on your feet, so thank goodness we get to wear very comfortable shoes! The most enjoyable part of the job is working for a brand that is all about inspiring women and connecting with the community, also how great the product is! The day goes by very fast. If you're looking for a fun retail job, Athleta is the best.
Pros
Awesome benefits and product discount, company culture, my co-workers
Cons
I wish the pay were higher
Athleta
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 8, 2015
Athleta, a division of Gap,Inc. has been evolving in the past two years. As a manager I uphold the policies, but do not always agree.

I have handled payroll, complying with an every decreasing per cent each month and have come in on target. I have handled back of house duties as well as supply orders and monthly audits.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customer and finding that perfect item that makes her happy and will help change her life. I also like to coach the individual employees to make it a better place to work and to shop.
Pros
The people that work there and shop there
Cons
Micro managing
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
I love everything about working here. Employees are amazing, and the brand is fantastic.

The job is so much more than retail, it is empowering women to feel comfortable in their athletic endeavors.
Productive and fun work place.
Assistant Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 24, 2015
Athleta is an inspiring work environment. You feel motivated to be your healthiest self. Because the brand is all about woman's work life balance, health and fitness, you'll want to work out often and maintain a healthy diet.
Management is very inconsistent.
Management (Current Employee) –  KSJuly 14, 2015
Management is very inconsistent in everything. Whether its telling you about new/leaving leaders or following up on something new that is going to be done in the store.
Fun and energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 18, 2015
Athleta was amazing. Great people, great discount, extremely casual work attire (tights and a tank).

The management changed around March or April of 2015 and since then nobody enjoys it.
Pros
So much fun, constantly hosting fitness classes in store, great discount, amazing people
Cons
New managers in the store, I miss when the store focused on health promotion and fitness along with sales and customer service.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJune 10, 2015
Learned about the marketing and visual side of retail work. I loved working there because it was a fun environment and my co workers were always happy to be at work.
Productive and positive work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
The management team at Athleta are helpful, productive, and full of new ideas to help make the employees work together as a team. The co-workers are very supportive and willing to work together to have a successful day.
Great coworkers and managers that feel more like family.
Athleta sales associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 1, 2015
A typical workday consisted of bringing more merchandise to the floor and maintaining the store's visual requirement.

I learned how important customer service was by working at Athleta. The women that shopped at Athleta truly wanted the associate's opinion and help and I was always willing to give it.

Management at Athleta were very involved with their employee's progress in the workplace and valued other people's opinion on store matters.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Shortage of hours

4.2