Athleta Employee Reviews

Great experience for first Retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 1, 2017
I loved working for Athleta and the culture and team I worked with. Luna bars sent us products to give out during the holidays, and product knowledge was very important. This job set me up with the foundation I needed to excel in retail and sales later on.
Pros
Free treats, great discount, fun environment and culture
Best Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 23, 2017
The work culture is amazing and being able to help customers change their wardrobe and help them on their fitness/health journey is an amazing feeling.
Great people
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
I enjoy working part time at athleta. Management is very nice and so is everyone else. Great communication and also let you know when you are doing a great job.
Poor workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 18, 2017
Athleta was a horrible place to work. The new management staff of the Morristown store had no idea what they were doing in exception to two young managers. The older managers were constantly snipping at one another and made the work place hostile, competitive and uncomfortable. They talked behind everyone's backs making it an awkward place to work, and constantly pushed sales associates to lie to customers about card benefits just to have them sign up for new cards. They cut hours and weed people out to their liking. Very cliquey.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 18, 2017
Environment for you to exceed and grow and build communication skills. Work with people all ages and forces you to part take in people's lives and their outlook on themselves
Pros
discount
Cons
stressful environment
Is a fun and very relax work environment
Costumer service Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2017
This is a great company but I am looking for something that can offer me a little more pay I have a family to support and I would like new opportunities
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Looking for a higher pay
great environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 9, 2017
awesome managers and work environment. loved going to work everyday and the staff was incredible. interacting with customers is always a fun time too
Pros
great environment
Cons
short breaks
Fun environment and loving coworkers. Great clothes too!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 10, 2016
I really enjoy working at Athleta. The brand is for every woman and we have styles for every woman! Athleta takes the intimidation out of shopping for workout clothes.
Great Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 22, 2016
I love this job! Everyone I work with are great people. I would recommend this to anyone. The hardest part of the job is Christmas time it gets a little crazy around there. The most enjoyable part of the job is when its not very busy all of the employees kind goof around a little.
Pros
Great Discount
Productive Place; Needs to set new standards
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2016
The work is alright but the managers aren't really empathetic to their employees needs and certain problems. It's almost like they expect you to be robotic in a way when dealing with some customers.
Pros
Helping the Customers
Cons
Management, No Empathy, No Benefits, Part time employees aren't even asked if they'd like to work full time, Hours cut short
Fun part time job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 26, 2016
I was a manager for a different store and loved it. I left to work for a manufacture and stayed part time at Athleta. I transferred to Providence after stepping down. If I had a friend looking for a part time job, I would recommend Athleta.
Productive and Fun work place
SALE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 4, 2016
I loved working for Athleta. The moment I was hired I didn't feel nervous, my-coworkers made me feel extremely comfortable, the vibe and environment was always rewarding. I honestly wish there was an Athleta in Las Vegas.
Pros
Employee Discount, opportunities for Bonuses, getting involved with the community
Cons
Hours
Great company,excellent training, very supportive.
Athleta sales (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2016
Athleta is a fast pace, exciting and active company with excellent work/life balance. Training is thorough, relevant, and easy to understand. Athleta is flexible with your schedule and they are willing to work with you. The Athleta team is very active in the community.
fast pace
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 12, 2016
This is a fast pace job, friendly customers for the most part, known for the great customer service and quality of product. the most enjoyable part is knowing that you are really helping the customer. the hardest part is putting up with the not so nice customers. Co-workers have to work as a team to really make the day go well.
Pros
great clothes and great customers
Cons
price and not enough locations.
Fun, Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 12, 2016
Great job. Lots of room for movement and personal growth. I was able to grow my retail experience thoroughly. I felt confident and supported in my role with lots of feedback and coaching.
Fun, engaging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2016
Fun place to work. They have fitness classes in the store, but the management doesn't always work well together and can be a little overbearing.
Pros
free classes, great clothes
Cons
Rude customers
Awesome environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJuly 10, 2016
Loved working for such a great company and culture! I enjoyed everyday with my group of coworkers and would consider them family. Athleta day in and day out provides amazing service to both their employees and customers!!!
not hard but environment was not for me
Sales Associate Athleta (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Was not a particularly hard job. However, the environment is not the most suitable for me. I have pretty great managers in general but there was certainly some favoritism. The managers will certainly give employees that they are not too fond of menial tasks and send their favorites on earlier breaks. I get along pretty alright with my co workers but they gossip too much for me and I am not an advocate for that. Overall it is not that bad but I am not sure that it is the best place for me. It is a women specific brand so all but one of the sales associates and managers are girls.
Pros
occasional snacks and a good discount
Cons
so many girls are prone to drama
Had a horrible manager.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2016
She was at Providence Place mall, over zealous , drama starter, would yell in our faces. It was awful after 3 years I finally left and now work at the Gap. Completely different environment love it.
Pros
Great company mission, more female based, great discount
Cons
No flexibility, no room for growth, no management turn over
Productive and fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2016
Hours were not bad. Learned how to deal with difficult situations. Management kept everything in order, organized and fun. Loved my coworkers. The best part was working with great people and around great products.