Athleta

Athleta Employee Reviews

Great coworkers and managers that feel more like family.
Athleta sales associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 1, 2015
Pros: The customers
Cons: Shortage of hours
A typical workday consisted of bringing more merchandise to the floor and maintaining the store's visual requirement.

I learned how important customer service was by working at Athleta. The women that shopped at Athleta truly wanted the associate's opinion and help and I was always willing to give it.

Management at Athleta were very involved with their employee's progress in the workplace and valued other people's opinion on store matters.
Learning experence
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: Discount at all GAP inc brands
Cons: No mens cloths
I learned that if you do not fit in with the companys mission statement then that job or position was not meant for you. If this happens do not ride it out and hope it turns out alright.
Ok
Associate (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYApril 12, 2015
Athleta makes a great product. I am very confident in the company and the clothing they make. All customers who try the product love it. Workout clothing has never been so fashionable and comfortable.
Supportive Work Environment
Associate Manager, Community Leader (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2015
Athleta prides itself in support and living a life in motion and encourages employees to live a fit life while representing the brand. Customers are receptive to suggestions and enjoy watching the brand grow.
Horrible Experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), DCApril 2, 2015
I believe that Athleta is a great and growing company to work for. I feel that they have yet to find a formula that works for the company as a whole and until they do they will continue to allow people that have a passion for management to walk out of the door.
fun and energetic
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2015
There was always something fun going on. It never felt like a job. It was more of a family atmosphere than a work atmosphere.
Fun and Exciting Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: women empowerment
I enjoyed working at Athleta. It was an awesome job and I met so many cool people in the health and fitness business. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to help empower women.
Fun retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriOctober 17, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: being cut hours due to management
A typical day at work I would make sure that the store is up to brand. I learned how to be very detail oriented to keep the store looking well. Management was alright, I only give them 1 star though because they hired me knowing my best friend was a manager and then ended up cutting my hours because of that reason. I loved my co-workers, they enjoyed to have fun and took good care of the customers so that it was a team effort. The hardest part of the job was just the hours being cut so that I wasn't working with my friend resulting in me having to find another job. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find athletic gear that fit them comfortably while stylish.
Great positive atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2014
It's fun, fairly stress free, amazing management and culture, supportive of working women and the best colleagues ever
A Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: the discount, ability to gorw with in the company and its sister companies
Cons: coorperate is located in california
I learned about the technology of workout clothes. How they technology really does help the customer. Also, this job made me a better sales associate. I learned tobe friends with the customer and not just a greater. I became more comfortable with open ended questions and speaking to each and every customer we had. This position allowed me to experience "big days" in retail like Black Friday and Christmas Week. My goal after clocking in was to make the customer feel like they were visiting a friend and to work as hard a possible to get them whatever they desired. My co-workers were enjoyable. and my managers were understanding and wanted me to grow in the company. They were very encouraging and helpful when I asked questions. My manager allowed me to take on visual duty in the store after noticing I took an interest in it, and was very good at it. I was able to be part of the visual merchandising team.
Great visual merchandising experience and store opening experience.
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: i recieved excellent opportunities such as store openings, and was able to flurish under the development of the hq visual team.
Cons: i was not able to have good work/ life balance.
Through aggressive merchandising I was able to create compelling displays which resulted in increased metrics and overall business.

I helped open multiple locations across the country as the Visual Merchandising Manager.

I successfully led multiple business and visual presentations. In attendance were President and VP of Athleta, Product development/ buying team, HQ visual team, West Market Store's Coach, District Manager, and District LP manager.
Fun for a while, but the going gets tough
Community Outreach Director (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: good discount, empowering environment, great pt work
Cons: massive growth structure put pressure on the market, ever escalating expectations, cautionary treatment of upper management and their growth and development
Working with these women has been the most valuable and empowering time in my life.
Times are changing, and the corporate growth structure has caused pains to trickle down, as is to be expected. I'm not seeing potential for further self development and growth.
Retail is a tough life, the hours and pay are not the best, but the cameraderie and team effort are vivid and the job is fun.
It is defintely an environment full of like minded people with strong work ethics which are greatly rewarded and recognized by in store management. It can be painful to see how upper management is treated by the corporation. Everyone still continues to do their best in changing times and it is inspiring to be a part of a team that doesn't quit in the face of adversity. Positive attitudes abound.
positive work environment and provides opportunity to excel at job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Denver, Co.March 30, 2014
Pros: positive work environment; respect for one another
The management provides an empowering work environment that respects all employees and encourages suggestions, ideas, and individual decision making opportunities for all willing associates. The company does what it can , while maintaining high work standards to achieve corporate goals, to maintain strong work/life balance. Management recognizes everyone's contribution to the success of the store.
Fun Workplace
Community Manager (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 29, 2014
This is a great company if you are passionate about fitness. It allows you to meet great people and experience the culture so you can truly speak to the clothing you are selling.
Fun place to work at
Athleta Sales Coach (Former Employee), Manhasset, NYDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great discounts and got to wear clothing
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working here because it made me feel healthy. We got to wear our companies clothes which was the highlight of my days. Learned how to ticket garments and enter information on computer and how to place orders to be sent to customers homes. My co-workers were all super!
Loved the enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Monica CaliforniaNovember 20, 2013
On any typical day you will see all female employees dressed in ATHLETA clothing. I learned information about my health, how to dress for certain sports, providing the best customer service. My co-workers were like family. Everyone knew eachothers shifts and would always cover for eachother. The hardest part of the job was being mobile throughout the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was wearing their clothes.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boulder, COSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: discount on clothing
If you are working on a good team like I have been, this is a great place to work. The company really tries to take care of its employees and customers.
co workers upbeat and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: all female staff
Cons: not hiring and advancing within the company
Athleta benefited greatly with me as a team member. The products are great and reliable. The store covers active woman to professional in a small space. The store layout is clever and clear.
Athleta and management can't separate themselves from their Gap, Inc other brands
sales associate (Former Employee), cherry creek, denver coloradoSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: the customers and their excitement about the new store
Cons: management contradicting their own actions, work/life balance, no voice within the management team/employees.
Management that came in from other Gap inc brands cant adjust to the new environment, culture and training of Athleta. Compensation is horrible, advancement goes to those who have been with the company and that is again, who has been with old navy, gap or banana, which, are all so different then Athleta. As an Athleta buyer, customer for years, I can't believe the management and their idea of work/life balance, and handling of customers. They are an embarrassment to the company and I truly hope moving forward they stop advancing those who hold long standing positions from within the company and start fresh, because athleta is.
Fun and learning environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pacific Palisades, CASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: free clothing
Cons: short breaks
The job was always a learning experience because I had to deal with all kinds of people daily. The hardest part was learning the inventory and keeping a steady pace with the work place in the beginning, but I learned to handle it. My co workers were mostly cheerful and welcoming, as was the management.

About Athleta

Since 1997, Athleta has provided women athletes with performance-driven, femininely-styled sports apparel and related accessories – Read more

Athleta Salaries