Athletico Physical Therapy

Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work for
AR (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILOctober 6, 2016
Great company to work for, pay could be better. Benefits are not the best. Work balance life is good, not a stressfull place to work. Everyone is friendly. Management is fairly laid back depending on the department in which you work in.
Pros
Work balance life is great/ Flexible schedule if needed.
Cons
Pay
Athletico Review
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2016
A typical day at work can be very long and exhausting. However, I learn a lot and help a lot of patients dealing with different injuries. I get along well with all of my co-workers and the management is very easy to deal with and communicate with. Seeing people succeed and continue to get better is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
short breaks
Not what it seems
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 30, 2016
This company is not all as rosy at it my seem. The field team runs this company, not corporate leadership. Rules and regulations are constantly changed there to better help the manager and not the employee.
Cons
Corporate politics and favorites
Excellent work environment with a fulfilling lifestyle and a great team of coworkers
PT Aide/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at work: fast-paced, great feeling of helping others, loved working directly with patients.
I learned new medical terminology, new exercises, how document for physical therapist.
My first manager I would rate 5 stars. My manger after that was unorganized, flustered easily, and show she was upset in front of patients.
My co-workers here were amazing.
The hardest part of my job was watching the patients be in pain during exercise and feel unworthy.
The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the hard work the patients did in therapy start to show and directly working with them.
It was a stepping stone being my first job
Physical Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2016
Working here I had the privilege to work with many great patients who impacted my personal life. I built some good relationships with my coworkers as well.
Pros
It was convinient for me
Cons
Few raises based on preformance, Bad coworkers
great place to use fitness background
Rehad Aide (Former Employee) –  Third Lake, ILSeptember 6, 2016
I really enjoyed this job since i got to use my background in fitness and science. I learned many new things that i use in my current personal training job.
Pros
nice location
Cons
no benefits part time
Stay Away!
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 24, 2015
Poor management, especially regionally. Poor benefits for the people who actually keep the company going. Poor advancement opportunities unless you are on the "favorites list." They do not value hard working individuals; they do not appreciate any work above and beyond. I would stay away!
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Shady practices/processes all around
Fun and welcoming environment
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILNovember 17, 2016
My fellow coworkers have been very welcoming from my first day. I learned a lot about healthcare and the need for patient happiness. Customer service is very prevalent within healthcare. Loved working with patients and learning their needs.
Pros
Patient contact experience
Cons
No breaks
Not a good company to work for.
Rehabiliation Aide (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 21, 2016
Too much was expected from the Rehab Aide with little pay and benefits. I wasted my time at this dead end job. On top of that, the PTs didn't do most of the work we did and had to audacity to act condescending because they had a license and doctorate, a doctorate, not a M.D. They used this to boss aides around, belittle them, and insult their intelligence making working at the facility very uncomfortable . Very unprofessional. The best part about the job was building a rapport with clients and seeing them progress through the exercises we gave them not the the actual therapy the PT did. Advise to others. Think twice about working here.
Pros
Flexible hours and helping others
Cons
No breaks, rude workers, and no benefits
An enjoyable career that I want to begin
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILAugust 22, 2016
I assisted multiple patients through various exercises. Was able to learn NEXTGEN computer systems working as a receptionist during slow times. Enjoyed watching the therapist maneuver then patient and manipulate their body to regain full function and abilities.
Great workplace with chances to grow in my knowledge of patient care.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 6, 2016
Work both with therapist and patients. Schedule patient visits and evaluations. Guide patients through exercise programs. File documents into computer system. Make sure the clinic is in order and clean for patient use.

Learned: How to work with patients. How to communicate in a clinic setting. Rehabilitation exercises and abbreviations. How to file documents and record insurances.

Management: Under supervision of therapist and office coordinator. Task are left up to me with minimal supervision. Office coordinator works directly with me in the administration work while therapist work with me in the rehabilitation work.

Co-Workers: Given the hours there is very little overlap between aides. But given the supervision of the therapist and OC relationships are built and we have learned to communicate properly to one another.

Hardest part about the job is managing time and staying ahead. Generally to to the way the clinic books patients, the clinic gets busy at specific times and as an aide it is important to manage those times and the time prior in order for high levels of success.

Most enjoyable part is the community. Community of the therapist and patients. We all get to know each other super well and the relationships you build make this an excellent job.
Nice palce to get started
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
This is a nice place to work. The staff and managers are very flexible. The patient are a delight also. I really enjoyed my time there.
Fraudulent practices
LPTA (Former Employee) –  usaJune 21, 2016
So, this company hires aides to work with patients in which to perform therapy that only a Licensed physical therapist or licensed physical therapy assistant is ONLY legal to do??? And you pay them $10/hr?? This is MEDICARE FRAUD! in which will be reported immediately!
Pros
Federal prison
Cons
Do not work for this compamy unless you are planning for your license to be suspended!
Great start for students intrested in PT
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 9, 2016
Any students interested in PT should work as aide. You will learn the amount of workload a PT has and also learn the small details of the profession
Pros
Education
Cons
Wage, hours avalible
Professional Company with Room for Growth
Office Coordinator/ technician (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 14, 2015
My work day included completing daily and weekly spreadsheets, managing visits and authorizations, contacting case managers/adjustors daily, scheduling, answering phones, handling monies, assisting PT with patient exercises, modalities, cleaning tables, washing laundry, opening and closing procedures. Accelerated was recently acquired by Athletico and in the changing over process, found it would be more beneficial for a full time office coordinator. Hence, looking for a new career path.
Pros
great staff
Cons
More workload without compensation
Great Starter Job
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, ILJuly 18, 2016
Great place to learn skills that will be utilized in PT and PTA school. High patient volume and case load with quick turn over of patients. Primarily outpatient orthopedics with some specialties at some sites.
Growing experience
Fitness Coach/ Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Arlington HeightsOctober 21, 2015
Athletico is a growing company. Many advancement opportunity's. If you are a therapist. Lack of management in the Personal Trainer job.
Very educational and productive environment
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 6, 2016
This was the most professional place I have ever worked at. It was extremely educational. This is the type of environment that I would love to work in as a career.
Pros
Educational, productive
Rapidly growing company
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILJuly 7, 2015
Has many good contracts with schools and athletic clubs, allows for a wide variety of coverage. Some management is great to work with. With the merger of Athletico and Accelerated things are a little crazy but they are being worked out.
Pros
A lot of opportunities for different coverage.
Cons
Poor work life balance, lack of control over schedule.
Very productive, fast paced place to work at
Lead Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 20, 2014
Constantly moving and in action. Work with many different individuals with different personalities. Many different demographics for patients. Work in a gym setting, with a separate office space. Many opportunities to learn different functions within clinic and front desk service and management.
Pros
offer benefits to part time employees, free lunches staff meetings, fun environment, in a gym setting, fast paced, friendly atmosphere
Cons
disorganized management, daily scheduled hours for support staff varied per day, low pay, over use of support staff, many tasks given and no compensation nor general courteous gratitude and appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletico Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2