Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Athletico
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILSeptember 10, 2017
this is a great company to work with. you are constantly interacting with patients and learning about their recovery process. the company really does focus on the relationship they have and keep with their patients. it is a great, fun work environment. the hardest part of the job is seeing patients get down on themselves, but the great part about this job is seeing that individual overcome their struggles. Athletico does a great job of taking care of their patients in every way possible.
Focus ed on stats/ productivity
PTA (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 2, 2017
FM not engaged in therapist development.
Tends to be very focused on productivity and volume lots of different programs but little time to work on them
always inviting
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOSeptember 2, 2017
upbeat environment; positive mindsets from everyone who entered the facility (workers and patients); facility was always clean and fresh; music that played throughout the day met the liking of majority of individuals
Poor Management with no benefits
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILAugust 24, 2017
Athletico has some great people working for the company, but unfortunately they are not considerate for the rehab aides. Management in certain clinics expect rehab aides to know how to do administrative tasks that are not included in the job description. The most advantageous part about working for this company is getting experience related to physical therapy and occupational therapy. I do not recommend working here if you are not planning on continuing education in PT or OT.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun work environment, medical experience
Cons
poor management, low pay, no benefits
Productive learning experience and fun working environment
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, ILAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work as a Rehabilitation Aide consisted of everyday interactions with a diverse population of patients, aides, and Physical Therapists. The Physical Therapists are very knowledgeable within their field and are always willing to educate aides on anatomy, form, technique, and physiology. The most rewarding part of the job were the patients. Being able to work through their rehabilitation and be a part of their physical progression in health is amazing.
Fun place to work
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 21, 2017
This is a wonderful experience, especially to those pursuing a physical therapy career in the future. Both the co-workers and patients were outstanding.
Inconsistency
Office Coordinator Float (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 17, 2017
My schedule changed 5 times in 2 weeks and the inconsistency was too much. Also I would never put my employees into an environment that made them feel less than anyone else.
great staff, management and work culture, with amazing opportunities outside of the workplace.
Licensed Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILAugust 16, 2017
A great opportunity to build relationships with colleagues and patients. Athletico has a great reputation, keeping physical therapists busy every day, working around 40 hours a week, allowing us enough time to complete all documentation on time. My facility and regional manager were great, offering great advice in order for us to strive to the best of our ability.
patient oriented workplace
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 5, 2017
very good workplace
friendly staff
good opportunities

most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help patients out and provide them a good experience in their rehabilitation.
Good environment with great coworkers
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
Overall, its a good place to work. The environment with coworkers is fun and productive. I enjoy my day because of the people I work with. It's a fast paced environment, that can be challenging at times.
What you learned
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 2, 2017
As just a Rehab Aide I learned so much valuable information from this job that will impact my future. The staff was wonderful and always willing to help out. Also everyone got along great and could always crack jokes. Was a great overall work experience.
Ever changing environment made ofr exciting workplace
ASSISTANT OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 1, 2017
Due to the ever evolving nature of the medical field, no two days were the same. The relationship between the patients, their therapists, and the support staff made for a pleasant work experience. We were like one big family. It gave me a rare opportunity to get to know all different types of people and to join them on their journey to recovery.
Rehab Aide
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2017
 Prepare patients for physical therapy treatments, assist therapist during administration of treatments, and provide routine treatment.
 Provide routine treatments, such as hot/cold packs, ultrasound and electrical stimulation.
 Assist office coordinator with scheduling appointments, answering phones, communicating with insurance companies, clinical staff and the billing center.
Good comanpy to work for depending on the outreach setting they send you to
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60606July 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company when they had me do High School coverage. When I was switched to college setting it was further away and harder to get to. Didn't really have the time to have the Head ATC show me how things were done at the University, and was left not really knowing the proper way to have things done. I was also asked to write scripts for athletes to go get x-rays at a local hospital when that is not needed.
Pros
Great doctors to work with at High School football games, educational
Cons
Comapny is so big now they don't care your a number and they will find someon else to replace you.
Unable to assess as this was a venture capital buy-out
Former Vice President of Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 26, 2017
Did not work under this company after their buy-out of Accelerated Rehab. Owners of Accelerated took their millions and walked away without sharing any of the profits with people who had built the company.
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
Work Hard, Learn Lots
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 20, 2017
Athletico has a lot of opportunities to grow as a healthcare professional. There are unique job settings and plenty of options for continuing education courses.
Amazing
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 5, 2017
Best company I've ever worked for. My coworkers are amazing and extremely helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the patients improve and how happy it makes them.
Fun workplace to earn hands on experience.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Riverside, ILJune 29, 2017
I have worked for two different clinics with Athletico and both are typically the same. The only thing that makes the difference is the employess you work with.
Pros
Hands on experience and flexible hours
Cons
Under paid
Providing Quality Care
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 20, 2017
It was a great experience as a Office Coordinator at Atletico Physical Therapy. A typical day a work begins with running numerous reports, checking voicemail, office emails, retrieving incoming fax, scanning documents in patients chart, preparing new patient packets. Also quick review of the schedule with physical therapist for same day patients or for cancelations. Phone screen patient for initial evaluations (demographics, insurance, worker's comp, personal / medical injuries). I learned how to effectively process patients medical insurance for commercial / government plans. Update daily spreadsheet for tracking patients visits and pre-cert authorizations visits. Balance copayments from previous day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the first point of contact for new patients. Greeting and meeting new patients on the phone or in person with a smile gave them a warm feeling of comfort in a professional environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to accommodate the patients with the scheduling.
Good Experience, No Opportunity to Advance
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
Good experience in healthcare/rehabilitation, but there is no opportunity to advance as an aide. The compensation for the amount of work is poor. You do the job for the experience and because you love it, not for the money. Overall, I enjoy working at Athletico, but expect to work hard for little in return pay-wise. The work itself is rewarding though!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Compensation/Benefits, Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletico Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2