Athletico Physical Therapy

Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews in United States

Fraudulent practices
LPTA (Former Employee) –  usaJune 21, 2016
So, this company hires aides to work with patients in which to perform therapy that only a Licensed physical therapist or licensed physical therapy assistant is ONLY legal to do??? And you pay them $10/hr?? This is MEDICARE FRAUD! in which will be reported immediately!
Pros
Federal prison
Cons
Do not work for this compamy unless you are planning for your license to be suspended!
An enjoyable career that I want to begin
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILAugust 22, 2016
I assisted multiple patients through various exercises. Was able to learn NEXTGEN computer systems working as a receptionist during slow times. Enjoyed watching the therapist maneuver then patient and manipulate their body to regain full function and abilities.
Great Starter Job
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, ILJuly 18, 2016
Great place to learn skills that will be utilized in PT and PTA school. High patient volume and case load with quick turn over of patients. Primarily outpatient orthopedics with some specialties at some sites.
It was a stepping stone being my first job
Physical Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2016
Working here I had the privilege to work with many great patients who impacted my personal life. I built some good relationships with my coworkers as well.
Pros
It was convinient for me
Cons
Few raises based on preformance, Bad coworkers
Great start for students intrested in PT
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 9, 2016
Any students interested in PT should work as aide. You will learn the amount of workload a PT has and also learn the small details of the profession
Pros
Education
Cons
Wage, hours avalible
Not a good company to work for.
Rehabiliation Aide (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 21, 2016
Too much was expected from the Rehab Aide with little pay and benefits. I wasted my time at this dead end job. On top of that, the PTs didn't do most of the work we did and had to audacity to act condescending because they had a license and doctorate, a doctorate, not a M.D. They used this to boss aides around, belittle them, and insult their intelligence making working at the facility very uncomfortable . Very unprofessional. The best part about the job was building a rapport with clients and seeing them progress through the exercises we gave them not the the actual therapy the PT did. Advise to others. Think twice about working here.
Pros
Flexible hours and helping others
Cons
No breaks, rude workers, and no benefits
Great Team atmosphere
Rehab Tech/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Athletico Bolingbrook EastFebruary 25, 2016
I have worked with Athletico for almost a year as a rehab aide, we strive to be a well oiled machine as di so very well. I hope to continue to stay as needed or find a long term position with this great company.
fast pace work
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2016
Very good place to work, fast pace very, busy most of the time. This place is a friendly environment. Good people.You learn diffrent exercises to help people.
Stay Away!
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 24, 2015
Poor management, especially regionally. Poor benefits for the people who actually keep the company going. Poor advancement opportunities unless you are on the "favorites list." They do not value hard working individuals; they do not appreciate any work above and beyond. I would stay away!
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Shady practices/processes all around
Very educational and productive environment
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 6, 2016
This was the most professional place I have ever worked at. It was extremely educational. This is the type of environment that I would love to work in as a career.
Pros
Educational, productive
great work enviroment, team effort and great co workers
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILNovember 16, 2015
Fun workplace, co workers created such a friendly environment and tremendous team work effort to reach quota and goals each month.
Pros
Team bulding exercises
Cons
close to home
Professional Company with Room for Growth
Office Coordinator/ technician (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 14, 2015
My work day included completing daily and weekly spreadsheets, managing visits and authorizations, contacting case managers/adjustors daily, scheduling, answering phones, handling monies, assisting PT with patient exercises, modalities, cleaning tables, washing laundry, opening and closing procedures. Accelerated was recently acquired by Athletico and in the changing over process, found it would be more beneficial for a full time office coordinator. Hence, looking for a new career path.
Pros
great staff
Cons
More workload without compensation
Great workplace with chances to grow in my knowledge of patient care.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 6, 2016
Work both with therapist and patients. Schedule patient visits and evaluations. Guide patients through exercise programs. File documents into computer system. Make sure the clinic is in order and clean for patient use.

Learned: How to work with patients. How to communicate in a clinic setting. Rehabilitation exercises and abbreviations. How to file documents and record insurances.

Management: Under supervision of therapist and office coordinator. Task are left up to me with minimal supervision. Office coordinator works directly with me in the administration work while therapist work with me in the rehabilitation work.

Co-Workers: Given the hours there is very little overlap between aides. But given the supervision of the therapist and OC relationships are built and we have learned to communicate properly to one another.

Hardest part about the job is managing time and staying ahead. Generally to to the way the clinic books patients, the clinic gets busy at specific times and as an aide it is important to manage those times and the time prior in order for high levels of success.

Most enjoyable part is the community. Community of the therapist and patients. We all get to know each other super well and the relationships you build make this an excellent job.
Rapidly growing company
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILJuly 7, 2015
Has many good contracts with schools and athletic clubs, allows for a wide variety of coverage. Some management is great to work with. With the merger of Athletico and Accelerated things are a little crazy but they are being worked out.
Pros
A lot of opportunities for different coverage.
Cons
Poor work life balance, lack of control over schedule.
Growing experience
Fitness Coach/ Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Arlington HeightsOctober 21, 2015
Athletico is a growing company. Many advancement opportunity's. If you are a therapist. Lack of management in the Personal Trainer job.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Medical Biller/Patient Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Michigan Billing CenterJuly 2, 2015
This is an excellent company to work for they the largest Physical Therapy company in the United States currently with clinics in 7 states.
My day consists of answering the patient phone calls, taking payments, applying payments, balancing accounts,
Sending out documentation when requested to Attorneys, sending out claims with necessary documentation
Doing collection calls as needed on past due accounts and set up payment plans
We have a small office at this location but my co-workers are very helpful and we all get along very good
My director Supervisor is very helpful and very easy to talk to
The hardest part of my job is when a patient doesn't like the services they have received and do not want to pay their bill.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I have helped a patient to understand their bill or just listened when they are having financial difficulties and unable to pay
Great place to work If interested in Physical Therapy
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
This place was amazing. I had the pleasure of working in 2 locations, one in the city of chicago and one in the suburbs. This job is great because you actually do the exercises with patients and learn why you make them do it. Physical Therapists are generally fun and are not uptight so the atmosphere in the clinic is great. You need to be able to handle 3-4 tasks at one time such as, scheduling a patient, answering the phone, cleaning, or getting something ready for the therapist. I had a great experience with these people, some will become your good friends!
Awesome place to work because of the management
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 6, 2015
The management at the corporate office was very good. They made the work place a very good one. The was not a hard part of the job as long as the job was done right. The most enjoyable part was that we were all friends and so it made the day go by easier.
Great place with great people
Senior Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day was moving around a lot and helping physical therapists take patients through exercises. This was a high energy environment and double booking patients happened regularly. with six physical therapists working at my location we got very busy which meant a lot of the time i was working with multiple patients at a time. The days went by fast due to how busy we always were. The best part of this job was getting to know the patients and watching them progress in their recovery each week.
Effectively run company
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
ARC is a great company with strong management. Very professional with competitive pay. Enjoyed working with my superiors and peers.
Pros
Competitive pay, strong management
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, long travel hours (auto)