Athletico Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Providing Quality Care
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 20, 2017
It was a great experience as a Office Coordinator at Atletico Physical Therapy. A typical day a work begins with running numerous reports, checking voicemail, office emails, retrieving incoming fax, scanning documents in patients chart, preparing new patient packets. Also quick review of the schedule with physical therapist for same day patients or for cancelations. Phone screen patient for initial evaluations (demographics, insurance, worker's comp, personal / medical injuries). I learned how to effectively process patients medical insurance for commercial / government plans. Update daily spreadsheet for tracking patients visits and pre-cert authorizations visits. Balance copayments from previous day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the first point of contact for new patients. Greeting and meeting new patients on the phone or in person with a smile gave them a warm feeling of comfort in a professional environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to accommodate the patients with the scheduling.
Good Experience, No Opportunity to Advance
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
Good experience in healthcare/rehabilitation, but there is no opportunity to advance as an aide. The compensation for the amount of work is poor. You do the job for the experience and because you love it, not for the money. Overall, I enjoy working at Athletico, but expect to work hard for little in return pay-wise. The work itself is rewarding though!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Compensation/Benefits, Advancement
Productive and fun place to interact with patients.
Rehabilitation Aide / Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norridge, ILJune 11, 2017
Each day that I go into work does not feel the same because I see different kinds of patients. It gives me an opportunity to learn from different people the different kinds of backgrounds that others bring to the table. However, I do not feel like advancement is something that is given, unless you are currently studying, or planning on becoming a Physical Therapist / Occupational Therapist. If given the opportunity, I would love to work in the Corporate Office after graduating this December and I will try my hardest to make this possible with my 3 years of experience at this company.
A great workplace to begin your future in rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 8, 2017
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for and I am happy to come into work every single day. This job has allowed me to grow and learn under the tutelage of well-experienced therapists which will benefit me in my career as a professional in the future.
Pros
Experience, fun work environment, room for growth
Cons
salary, multiple transitions within management
Good education and advancement opportunities, high expectations to keep a full schedule
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 8, 2017
While Athletico offers excellent education opportunities, I felt too busy with my patient load to take advantage of these opportunities as an inexperienced, recent graduate learning how to complete paper work and maintain work/life balance.
Professional and Friendly Work Environment
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, NEJune 6, 2017
Athletico has been a beneficial start to my professional working world. The small amount of staff makes it easy to openly communicate and to get to personally know everyone. I have been able to expand upon my communication skills and have enjoyed every single day of working for the company. The patients are always smiling coming through the door and the atmosphere is filled with positive attitudes. I feel honored to be a part of the Athletico NE team and will continue to carry my professional role I have built here throughout my life. I have seen nothing but patient satisfaction and positive relationships at Athletico.
Pros
Great benefits including 401k, Pto, and Healthcare.
Cons
Late week night hours
n/a
Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Paddock Lake, WIJune 4, 2017
Great place to work but looking to use my schooling/knowledge to advance in my career. Fast paced, great staff and environment, and good patient satisfaction.
Amazing place to work at, with an amazing team
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
great benefit
but minimum wage
busy facility
team work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
minimum wage
Work atmosphere was calm and fun
REHAB AIDE (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMay 31, 2017
Hardest part trying to assist the therapist as well as the office coordinator. Typical work day consist of cleaning, washing clothes, answering phones and helping patients with exercises.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not good pay
Easy
Athletic Trainers Aide (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMay 28, 2017
Very easy job, sometimes too easy. Would help with rehab of patients and do basic stocking of equipments. Filing of papers on occasion. Athletic Trainers knew what they were doing
Productive and Educational place
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAMay 21, 2017
I've learned to improve hands on manual therapy and alternative therapeutic interventions. Management and other therapists are wonderful and experienced while taking the time to assist others in furthering their knowledge. The interactions with patients at Athletico was an amazing experience.
Amazing
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
Great workplace, very fun, built around helping patients. With only a set number of appointments able to be made in a day, it could be busy at times but overall a relaxed and enjoyable experience.
productive and fun place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 15, 2017
Great environment and really nice people to work with. typical day at work would be helping patients to the room and helping the physical therapist of whatever he or she needed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
nothing i can think of
Great team - excellent work place
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Workplace culture is professional and collaborative. Most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and people. Had wonderful staff members - felt like a team environment.
Good environment
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 8, 2017
Really enjoy working here. Depends on the office staff, but I work with a great group of people. Compensation is good for the work that I do. Unsure about prospects for advancement.
Not bad
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILMay 4, 2017
I wasn't going to into physical therapy as a career but the job was not bad. It was cool doing exercise all day, even if it was moderate. You interact a lot with customers.
low pay / no room for growh
Rehabilitation Aide/ Office Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
There is no room for growth in this company. Management seems unorganized and co workers are often frustrated with upper management because there is no sense of direction.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Low wage
Confusing as to who we anser to work site is MSA
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 19, 2017
My manager does not back my decisions and micro manages all my facility made decisions. There is significant disconnect with payroll and the other services offered by Athletico
Pros
Great compensation for the job I do.
Cons
disconnect and poor stability
Great People
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
The team you work with is great and the environment is very friendly and open. The only issue was that there wasn't stable work for aides depending on the flow of patients. You wouldn't know how much you would get to work from week to week.
Productive and a good learning environment
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 12, 2017
Athletico Physical Therapy was a great place to work. I learned how to set up ESTEM and ultrasound. I also learned a lot on how to modify exercises for different patients, based upon their needs and what they can and can't do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletico Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2