Athlon Sports is now seeking to assist in the training and professional development of current college students during Spring, Summer, and Fall months primarily in our Interactive Department. Athlon’s Interactive group (AI) is responsible for all digital properties. In addition to AthlonSports.com the team designs, builds, and maintains a variety of sponsored and white-labeled contests and fantasy games.
The main focus of this internship opportunity would be developing the skills necessary to design and deploy real-world web applications. You’ll work directly with our development team and a design intern on several projects culminating in a self-directed final project. Candidates should have flexible hours, and coursework or field experience in computer science or a related degree is preferred. This is a development internship, candidates must be able to demonstrate a capacity for critical thinking, a base level understanding of programming, and insight into programming methodology. This is a part-time unpaid position.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Working towards a BA in computer science or similar discipline
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, ability to work well alone or with others
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of at least one core programming language
- Ability to read and apply documentation
- Must be able to critique existing applications
- Ability to follow coding standards
- Object Oriented Principles
- Unit Testing
- Base understanding of LAMP stack.
- Working in BASH (command line interface)
- Part-time/16-24 hours per week
This will require part-time work two to three days a week. This is a training position to better equip the intern for entrance into the workplace. The position is a non-paid internship; and the preferred candidate would be seeking school credit for the internship. All applicants must be enrolled in either a Bachelor or Masters program during the time the internship would take place. The applicant must also be local to Nashville, TN for the time of the internship.
The deadline to apply for this internship opportunity is Friday, May 9th.