Athlon Sports is currently seeking a passionate web designer to work in a fun, energetic, and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the creative design across a broad variety of digital channels (i.e. mobile, web applications, social, etc).
The ideal candidate will be well organized, detail-oriented and passionate about all things web design. You must be able to juggle multiple projects and work with minimal supervision while in a collaborative environment. The right candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic and possess excellent communication skills.
Please include your responsive design portfolio links - describing specifics of what your contributions were (were you the designer AND developer or either or etc). Also include your salary history and salary requirements, and indicate that you are applying for the "Web Designer" position.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Mastery of core graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, imagery, etc.)
- Strong problem-solver and ability to creatively employ current tools and technologies to implement customer requirements
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure w/careful attention to detail
- Understanding of Industry Best Practices for Website Usability
- Understanding of Industry Best Practices for User Experience/Interaction Design
- Understanding of Responsive Website Design techniques
- Extremely detail-oriented, you will need to care about the UI at the pixel level
- Bachelors degree in Art/Design or related field
- Experience with HTML / CSS
- Familiarity with wireframing and associated tools (e.g. Balsamiq Mockups, OmniGraffle, etc)
- Experience creating Flash Animation with Adobe Flash.
- Experience designing for mobile apps is desirable
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Salary commensurate with experience
Indeed - 8 months ago
Founded in 1967, Athlon Sports Communications, Inc., is a Nashville-based media company with two major areas of expertise: Publishing and...