ATI Enterprises Employee Reviews in United States

Micro-management is an understatement
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2015
This was just about the worst environment that I have ever worked in. Every manager was constantly looking over your shoulder. In fact it got so bad that local managers were required to call in to their managers to report phone activity every hour. Yes! Every hour. They had no clue this is how you kill morale. Hated Hated Hated it. I began looking for a new job about 6 weeks after I started there. I was stuck for 1 1/2 years, but got out. Soon there after they were shut down by their Accrediting body. But like all of the rest of this for-profit schools they simply changed their name and are still operating, and still have most of the same management team.
Pros
Pay for leadership
Cons
Micro-management culture
Started good... didn't end well
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 19, 2016
I worked in the financial aid office which is highly regulated due to federal funding. The campus became overly focused on money and admissions to the point of asking the financial aid team to bend the rules and give false information in order to enroll students. It made for a very uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Seeing students succeed
Cons
Questionable business practices
I would have still be there
Career Development Coach (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLFebruary 7, 2016
This job was where I found my career. I most likely would have been there if their business was still open. They had opportunity to grow, and you felt your work made a difference.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Closed all sites in FL
School closed
Adult Ed. Counselor/ Student Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2016
The management of the company cared about profit, not about the students. All job duties were micro manged, very strict on what to say to students, and felt like students did not get what was expected. End result school was forced to close.
Pros
Counseling is what I love, I was able to work with students
Cons
Restricted by micromanage
Exciting Place to Work For
Career Services Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2016
Great Group of People. The business is no longer open. All the Dallas Campuses were closed down. This school had a very bad track record of enrolling homeless people until the FBI shut them down.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Campuses are closed
Review Summary
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2015
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, your co-workers, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very fast paced environment, high stress level, VERY demanding
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 10, 2012
I loved my time as an Admissions Representative at ATI Career Training Center. On a daily basis I was reequired to make 360 connects on the phone and set up appointments with prospective students. I also during this time was holding interviews with prospective students. I loved the opportunity to meet so many new people. The admissions team worked very well together, we had a great sense of teamwork and we were always willing to work together. The most enjoyavble part of my job was knowing that I was able to enroll students in school and know that at the end of their time at ATI they were going to have a new trade and hopefully be able to start a new career.
Pros
occasional catered lunches
Cons
long hours, weekends
Mission driven college where the student's success is the main focus
Financial Aid Oficer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaNovember 21, 2011
The core values of ATI enterprises are mission driven and student oriented. the primary focus of the institution is to help those looking for a career but have no education transition into the work force. As an employer ATI treats the employees well and there is opportunity for advancement in the long run. I would recommend this employer to anyone seeking a job in post secondary education.
Pros
great vacation package, and benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime, pay discrepancies regarding overtime pay.
Long , long hours
AUTOMOTIVE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2012
You really get drawn into your students,lots of good instructors not there because of management, the front office needs some tuning up
Pros
interior advancements
Cons
no family time, long hours
Productive place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2015
Responsible for planning and teaching IT students Technical Customer Service, Business Communication and Career Planning at the college level.
• Demonstrate evidence of professional growth and academic currency. Carry out the responsibilities specific to his/her area, department and/or program.
• Contribute to the College Community by participation in service activities.
• Contribute to the local community by participation in service activities.
Ok
Campus Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 5, 2015
An accomplished Director with over 15 years of experience with a understanding of all aspects of financial accounting and management. Proven track record in managing multiple assignments, meeting tight deadlines, excellent problem solving, and analytical skills. Other areas of expertise include working with governmental and regional compliance standards, extensive experience working in fast placed environments. I work cross departmentally to ensure compliance standards and goals are achieved.
This was a very rewarding career
Program Director-ATI- Medical Assisting Program (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 12, 2014
This was my first job teaching in a traditional classroom setting. I feel like that is where I belonged. My typical student demographic were single mothers who were trying to improve their career potential so that they can get off of government assistance and provide a better life for their children. Having been in that situation, somewhat, myself and overcome adversity, I truly loved that job. The hardest part of the job was loosing students for one reason or another, especially when they had such amazing potential. The most enjoyable part of the job was literally everything else. The company ran into trouble and closed down while I was out for surgery.
Pros
having the automotive program work on my car, it saved me thousands of dollars during my employment
Cons
the price of admission on the students was outrageous
It was a joyous experience teaching medical assisting students.
Medical Assistant Instructor /Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2014
I looked forward to going to work where I utilized my hands on skills, experience, and knowledge to teach and expand the minds of young interested individuals. I learned how to incorporate the different types of learning styles of teaching to retain the interest of the students. The co-workers and I worked well together. The management team was diverse. The hardest part of the job was that the students did not have the opportunity to graduate after completing the program which they so deserve. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was recognized and acknowledge by the Executive Director for having a 98% retention and evaluation throughout the course.
Very shady company with horrible turn around!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  OKC, OK 23rd StreetOctober 6, 2012
This place is a freakin JOKE!!! I've never seen an educational institution with more BS "values" or worse DOE/Campus Directors. While I was employed there, there was constant BBB complaints and obvious sexist/racist things going on with the DOE at the time.
They paid well & it's easy to get attached to the students (which says nothing for ATI-you have that at any school). They were also good about putting the money into quality teaching tools, but that's where ATI's compliments stop.
The instructors are hired and fired (or quit) every couple of months and that is a horrible look for them and even worse for the students learning experience. They let their shady DOE make decisions based on his sexist/racist mentality instead of factual happenings. They have instructors working crazy burn out split shifts & then don't give any leeway when they're causing complete exhaustion. As for the rest of ATI's shadiness...I'll leave some out because I don't wanna put the worst of it on blast. But trust me...you don't wanna work there. No job stability or ways to advance. So your working your tail off (75 hrs a WEEK in split shifts) for nothing. It's one big ole mess!!!
Pros
higher then average pay, great teaching tools, fun company parties
Cons
horrible management, doe is awful, terrible instructor turnover, no backup from admin, 75 hour/work weeks in split shift, campus is in a horrible part of town
Bad management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 20, 2014
My day started out by printing all ISIR that came in from the previous days and distribute them to the right advisor so that they can work on their student file to get them approve. Every student situation is different so I have to adapt or research the problem. Co-workers are very helpful and we do work as a team. The Hardest part of my job is getting the right information from the students to get their financial aid approved. The most enjoyable part of my job is just working with the student because they are from different culture and background. Assisting someone who is the first one in their family to go to college is very rewarding.
Pros
health benefit
Cons
short breaks
good company to work for if you like cars, management has good attitude
Night Administrative Assistant/Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 22, 2012
they have good benefits and pay well enough for what you are expected. my boss was a good man who understood any work life situation that came up in the office.
Great Learning Experience
Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  PhoenixApril 6, 2013
ATI/AAI Phoenix, AZ was a great place to work. The learning experience for me was invaluable. I was an Admissions Rep in the early 2000's. I took with me the core values of Private Post Secondary School ethics. I went on to become a very successful Representative, Trainer, and DOA, because of my experience gained at AAI.
I do not know what happened in TX but I do know that when your school becomes a target regardless, you are doomed. No, I am not employed at AAI but I thank them for giving me the tools and teaching me the ethics to become successful!
Pros
good teaching staff, great employee training
Cons
sometimes long hours but always compensated.
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXJanuary 19, 2014
Called and interviewed students. Learned script verbatim and had to recite them to students. Management style was harsh and inappropriate but organized.
Pros
compensation
Cons
60+ hours a weekl
fun place to work
Automotive Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  NRH,tx.July 23, 2015
lack of training aids always a problem and would improve instruction greatly if more available. difficult part of the job was having to work all three shifts multiple days from lack of staffing.
enjoyed instructing the next generation of mechanics.
Pros
creating effective training materials
Cons
short breaks, lack of supplies
Productive work environment
Career Planning Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 21, 2014
Facilitated daily workshops on various career topics as 500+ adult learners prepared to enter the workplace
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
management changed frequently

2.5