ATI Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Fun
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMarch 27, 2017
¥ Assist PT and PTA with therapy preparation, such as preparing hot packs and cold packs for clients, performing ultrasounds, etc.
¥ Schedule intakes for new clients and schedule future appointments
¥ Communicate with insurance companies about client attendance
¥ Demonstrate and walk clients through therapeutic exercises
¥ Organize inventory and make sure the clinic is consistently a client-friendly environment
Communicate with PTs and PTAs about the status pertaining to the client’s injury
Great coworkers-terrible pay and workplace
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 27, 2017
Get out as fast as you can. I worked at several different ATI clinics and every single clinic was ran the same. I was seeing up to 24 patients a day with very minimal help and sometimes would have 5 at once who all needed manual therapy. They have every single employee there running themselves ragged, working consecutive 12 hour days and only a half hour lunch break. The only good aspect of my job was that I had some great coworkers. Stay away from this company unless you want to be buried in notes and swamped in patients while underpaid.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Underpaid, overworked
I would not recommend anyone who is looking for advancement to work here
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 22, 2017
I worked for this company for a few months and was consistently harassed by my direct management whom I have never met. The lack of compassion and care for employees is very disheartening. You are under indirect management and cannot expresss concerns without being penalized. Not only is the management extreamly disregarding of your position in the company but the pay rate is not competitive. The workload and stress is not worth the minimum pay you are offered. This by far should be a job that starts at 18.
Pros
Office Staff
Cons
Management is not compassionate or honest
I interned here
Internship-Physical Therapist Assistant-Part Time (Former Employee) –  Dover, DE 19904March 26, 2017
I was an intern while I was in college. I was offered a job but unfortunately had to decline since I was on a softball scholarship and was about to be in season. i would have absolutely LOVED to work here. The environment was fun and the clients were AMAZING to work with.I would be back if I could be.

Low stars on the compensation and job security only because i was an intern and was not being compensated.
Productive and great work environment
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2017
If you enjoy helping people improve their quality of life then this is the place for you. The environment is fun and upbeat, the patients love it because the experience is so holistic. While being a rehab tech and in school to be a PTA this is a great learning environment.
Pros
snacks, free lunch and breakfast at times, great environment
Cons
busy, rehab techs get paid $10 per hour, company doesn't help pay for schooling
Great friendly staff, management awful
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 11, 2017
Great friendly staff but management if awful. Benefits are ok but no raises or bonuses. They can open a new clinic every month but can't give raises no matter how hard you work. Even got rid or the Christmas party. As a patient I would most definitely go there but not a company who cares about their employees. Also no room for advancement
Pros
Co workers and patients
Cons
Compensation/advancement
Horrible management
PSS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2017
I heard this company used to be good before they turned corporate, poor management and total disregard for their employees is just a few of their misgivings. They developed a bonus program that is unattainable and there are no raises, benefits are pretty good. If you can be a corporate robot and just do what you're told, don't ask questions and never speak up, then this company is a good fit for you.
Cons
They don't care about you, you're replaceable
Ok job
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinic in MIMarch 20, 2017
I worked with the company for about a year and a half as a front desk. No chance of getting promoted in any way, bonuses are available but cannot be obtained easily (in most clinics), raises are just about unheard of. My clinic had a great staff and it has helped me on my career path but I would not recommend someone to work for this company.
Pros
Laid Back, PTO
Cons
Benefits are not great, no way to be promoted in this position
Company works against itself
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 13, 2016
There are depts. set up for the posting dept., verification dept., patient accounts specialist. These departments work against each other instead of work as a team to help each department out to resolve problems with patients accounts. Management does nothing to resolve these issues and they continue to lose money due to these problems. They will not listen to the little man when there can be a solution to a problem.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers in my department despite our unheard concerns.
Pros
restaurants would come our work to buy lunch
Cons
poor management
Great people but still need to work on communication from management
Rehab Tech/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 28, 2017
This place is a great place to start off your professional career but it lacks in growth opportunities. The people are great and treat you as part of the family but the problem is with their chain of command. My time with the company has met it's challenges but overall I would not change them at all.
Nice fast pace work environment
Rehabilitation Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 1, 2017
A typical day is fast pace.
I learned several ways to do one exercise and stretch
Great co-workers
The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the progression of the patients.
Pros
flexible hours, therapist are eager to teach the techs
Cons
being a "full time floater" and not working floating hours
Great workplace and management staff.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 7, 2017
ATI Physical Therapy is a great environment to work in with flexible work hours and great management. Being a physical therapist assistant for ATI means you get to work in a job where they care for you and allow you to are for your patients the way you desire.
Pros
Flexible hours
Athletic Trainer Industrial setting
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 6, 2016
Make sure you are the right fit.... Don't let prejudice ways with the client that ATI partners with bully you into get let go. Don't forget you sign that "At will employment" contract. Work life balance is fantastic. Cell phone and computer is a perk. I like that you can advance in the company. Make sure you are right for the client or your work life could have a lot of speed bumps.
Pros
Wages are good, Cell Phone paid for, Laptop, Work Life balance
Cons
At Will Employee = not much job security...for any reason !
The work environment engenders a helpful and team-player quality among its employees
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, MDDecember 3, 2016
assists patients in their journey to recover from injury as well as impart knowledge that will help them understand and prevent further or future injuries

co-workers are usually readily available to assists each other in order to make clinic operations run smoothly
Excellent place to work with room for advacement
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAOctober 21, 2016
I look forward to coming to work everyday. Very positive atmosphere from local clinics to corporate. Everyone is always willing to help you learn more and gives it a nice family feel. The programs are pretty advanced from other PT companies I have worked for and they are user friendly. The training that you go through is extensive and very informative. The only reason I did not rate the benefits is because I do not have benefits through ATI. I have heard the benefits are very good though.
Pros
Computer systems, family feel
Cons
Not a fan of the telephones
Nice starting point
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 27, 2016
ATI is a growing company, which has many benefits to being there, however there isn't much advancement in the way of the IT Dept. They have a lot to teach, in the way of the services that are implemented from an IT standpoint. The coworker camaraderie is very strong and everyone seems to get along very well.
Great working enviroment! Focused on teamwork and friendly factor.
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 7, 2016
Working at ATI has been a great learning experience thus far. Company statement is definitely put on effect on a daily basis from all employees! Even though it is such a huge company, they do their best to make you feel recognized.
Lots of autonomy with not a lot of financial benefit
Staff Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 15, 2017
The hardest part of this job was the inability to move to a higher level position. The organization is relatively flat and the experienced staff did not succeed in securing raises or bonuses on a regular basis.
Good Place to work
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
I only work here for a few months, but overall it was a decent place to work. The hours were awesome and the workflow wasn't bad either I would have loved to stay longer I just decided to go back to school!
Pros
hours
Cons
Lack of Professionalism
Fast paced ever changing
Supervisor Cash Posting (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Very fast paced corporate setting overtime and working weekends is expected. Company does not promote from within often and transfer to other departments is rare.
Pros
great people, good benefits
Cons
stressfull, changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATI Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7