ATI Physical Therapy Employee Reviews in United States

Loved my coworkers. Horrible company
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2016
This company used to be great and used to stand for something. I worked here almost 6 years before leaving. When I started I used to love my job and felt good about what I was doing. By the end of my time here I was stressed beyond belief treating like 2-3 patients at a time every hour and not feeling good about what I was doing. They made it nearly impossible to get a bonus and didn't give raises. All they care about it money and marketing and opening up new clinics.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Hours, work life balance, compensation
Fun place to work
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, DEApril 19, 2016
It was never a dull moment in the PT office. I enjoyed every second of working with ATI and miss it so much! Loved my co-workers and met some wonderful, interesting people during my time there.
Pros
Rehab techs are not paid enough for what they do.
a lot of work for not a lot of pay
Outreach Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2016
For a company that can afford to buy and acquire new PT companies in a time frame that seems like every week, we as outreach athletic trainers do not get paid near enough for what they ask us to do. As an outreach athletic trainer, they expect us to work full jobs at the High Schools between 25 and 40 hours a week based off of a contract that the school signs with ATI, whatever is left of the 40 hours a week, athletic trainers have to work in the clinic. its not that it is hard work, but getting paid 14 dollars an hour to do the same things that PT/PTAs are is a little much.
Pros
good benefits, PTO, ceu reimbursement
Cons
low wages, a lof of at-home work
Fun Work place
Front Office Coordinator, Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMarch 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job giving injures patients the confidence they need to rehabilitate and return to their healthy lives.
Unfair Compensation and Lack of Competitive Pay
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  WAMarch 9, 2016
The worst job at ATI as a rehab tech for over a year now and the only reason I saw an increase in pay was because the minimum wage for the state was increased. As a rehab tech you are expected to assist in the front office with patient intake, phone calls, and scheduling. You are also expected to keep the clinic clean, linens stocked, modalities ready to go and you are supposed to set patients up with those modalities. On top of this, you are expected to assist EVERY therapist in the clinic with their patients. This means you may be working with 2-5 patients at a time and still expected to complete the rest of the duties listed above. Clinics typically have only one rehab tech which means that you are expected to do most of the assisting on your own. All of this and rehab techs make exactly minimum wage. At my clinic we have been waiting since January to complete employee reviews that we had to fill out ourselves. It is now March and we have yet to go over these with management, despite being instructed to have completed our self review by January 14th. We were also promised a bonus that we never received and a clothing stipend for the ATI gear we are supposed to wear that we have yet to see.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Poor work-life balance and lack of fair pay
Good Compensation
PATIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 7, 2016
Productivity requirements are demanding and tough depending on the department. Pay is decent to start after 90 days. Depending on department/supervisor/productivity the work schedule can be very flexible. Very strict company.
no raise, no matter how well you work. no bonus except for christmas. $50.00.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 29, 2016
The patients are great. They make your day go by quick. Other than that management and therapist seem to be racist. Management will not take blame for any wrong doing on their part. They will throw you under the bus to save themselves. And a thirty cent raise is insulting. No matter how punctual or good you are at your job, it holds no weight for security with this company.
Pros
very plaesant patients
Cons
no acknowledgment for being a hard worker, no raise, co workers boarderline racist, no room to advance except for a couple postions
Strongly suggest you donate some of your salary to ATI's charities. Same with donating your free time off the clock at these charity events.
PT (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 27, 2016
Be prepared to work split shift hours like 7:00 am to 3:30 pm then 11:00 am to 7:30 pm then be back to work the neext day @ 7:00 am. Wears your mind and body down.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
See above.
ATI is all about numbers
LMP (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 16, 2016
I have worked for my company for over 5 years till ATI bought us out,,, what they didn't think about is the fact we already know what we are doing, so many people have quit and, I stayed mainly because, I don't let corporate change bother me (I'm there just to do my job) lately ATI has become a thorn in my side, I have been told I would get a bonus with ridiculous expectations and then when I didn't bonus, I was took would get a large raise and, to this day nothing,, meanwhile management keeps getting on me for little things that have nothing to do with patients care, they say they care about you as an employee but, when you are asking for what is due to you, they don't act as quickly. I have no clue who my formal director is because, I'm getting instructions from someone I don't even work with.... It's pure micro management, today I had an interview with another company and, not to my surprise were 5 other ATI employees, now I know I was right!!! This company is not for the employees but for themselves.. Oh how I miss our small company..... Who pays to bring a guest to a company Christmas party,, paid buy a huge corporation???? Redicilous!!!
Cons
Terrible scary place to work
OTR (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 11, 2016
I worked there 1 year 7 months and 2 weeks. I was liking it at first but I was not used to all the different ways one had to keep track of patients I didn't do it tight and was then after 26 years put an evaluation remediation, splint remediation. Another therapist pretended to be me calling an MD office. I was pulled in so many different directions. Go to MD's to get referrals to clinic. Hours were cut when MD's did not send referrals and I was not given a time line by supervisors or management. I felt like I wa being viewed under a microscope. I was written up for insubordination when I stuck up for myself, the director gave me the wrong information and would not be accountable for her actions. I was attacked by three two national directors, my supervisor to the point where I was belittled, and feeling worthless second guessing my career choice, as two of them made it perfectly clear that I was an ineffective, worthless therapist. Is it only because I did not conform to their way of thinking and treating patients as they wanted me too? Maybe, but the damage has been done. My self esteem has been ruined and tarnished because of those chosen three and their words. They humiliated me that day that I decided to give them my 4 weeks notice. I met with them before lunch and one national director said "we are meeting at 12:30 pm so don't go to lunch or leave." I said "it is on the schedule I am not stupid." Went to lunch and was asked if we could meet again I said no the damage is done what more do we need to meet about? The national director says, "what do you mean  more... no?" Fine, let's go. The result my resignation from this terrible nightmare.  less
Pros
Was a job
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible communication/treatment. by management

Want to know more about ATI Physical Therapy?

Ask a question
working with therapists and patients is great, Upper management does not care for employees
Rehabilitation Therapy Technologist (Current Employee) –  MIFebruary 5, 2016
I loved this job so much until this company became too big. The company has given bonuses to every other department except for the techs who are the backbone of the company. We are not compensated , instead our hours have been cut, and made to feel we are lucky to have our job. The techs are on our feet running around and setting up modalities for the therapists to assist in the care of the patients from the time we get there until the time we leave. The upper management still does not show any rewards for bringing in new patients, or keeping things running smoothly for the therapists. The upper management has unrealistic goals set for patient care, like not enough time with a patient to properly help with their therapy. On the Clinic level, we have a fabulous Director that really appreciates our efforts, but their hands are tied. As a clinic we have become a family and we take care of each other helping out wherever we are needed.
Pros
Good PTO, and sick days
Cons
not enough hours and low pay
Best place to work.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 11, 2016
High energy staff, and overall great place to work. I really enjoyed working here, and would come back any day. Staff members were very helpful with education each other also.
Pros
Honorable staff
Cons
Pay
Felt like a number
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 6, 2016
Loved the people I directly worked with but since ATI took over my previous company it went downhill. Through out my time with ATI I received one raise of 1% and one bonus of $250. It is difficult to be told you are great at what you do but having nothing to show for it. They can pay to sponsor professional teams but can not show appreciation for their own employees. Patient care declined because of the intense push to get as many patients in as possible.
Busy clinic with great working relationship with clinicians
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Forest Hill, MDDecember 22, 2015
As a rehab tech, typical day consists of performing essential tasks (including laundry, cleaning the gym area and treatment tables, filling out patient flowsheets, scheduling patients, answering phones), leading patients through their exercise routines, and assisting clinicians when needed. Through working as a tech I learned a lot about time management and juggling multiple patients so that they receive the best care and allow the clinicians to perform at their best ability. Within the several clinics that I've worked in the clinicians are fantastic people to work with, all very friendly and easy to get along with. You may be juggled between several clinics, especially if you are seeking full time hours as a tech.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits, accommodating to individual schedules
Cons
No tuition reimbursement, juggling between multiple clinics
Good company to work for
Personal Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quarryville, PADecember 11, 2015
Business is on the rise which makes for a fast paced environment but the management makes it enjoyable. I learned a lot when it came to insurances and exercises for the body. The hardest part of the job was trying to schedule patients between multiple therapists. I enjoyed working with the patients the most!
Pros
Positive and rewarding people to work with
Cons
Few chances for advancement unless you're already in a higher level position. No raises.
Patient Account Specialist-Workers' Compensation (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 7, 2015
The flexible work schedule is one of perks with ATI Physical therapy, but an unfriendly work environment with management/ co-workers has become uncomfortable.
Excellent Clinic!
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 21, 2015
This company is the largest Physical Therapy company in the USA and they continue to grow. It is a very professional environment and they exceed customer expectations.They provide the highest quality of care in a friendly and encouraging environment!
Fantastic
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILOctober 15, 2015
Never felt like work! We enjoyed coming to service patients and worked together as a team to do so! ATI values their staff just as much as their patients. Excellent company!
terrible ecperience
Central Referral Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2015
completely disorganized, low pay with no merit increases or cost of living increases across the board. NO training, rude cold staff except for upper management who would have no way of knowing how bad things were in the office. My supervisor said that the only thing I could remember was how to clock out. She said that to my face. My desk was in a cubicle in a small room in a basement. Very depressing and it smelled due to being a few feet from the Physical Therapy room. Worst work experience I have ever had.Miserable people.I did not get an exit interview despite being told that I would have one. I had an emergency with my son that involved a hospitalization and missed 2 days. I had to have my probationary period started over. I do think that the next person will not be treated this poorly because the supervisor did some serious back pedaling when I resigned and seemed surprised.I was never once told that I did anything right , just constantly criticized to the point that other people were feeling uncomfortable.
Pros
Cons
low pay with no hope of any increase
Underpaid + overworked
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 30, 2015
As a rehab tech we are the glue that holds the entire clinic together. The place would not be able to run without us. Why is that, you ask? Because we literally do EVERYTHING.
When a patient walks in (keep in mind there are typically 5-8 patients in the clinic at all times) the rehab tech greets them, pulls up their chart to figure out what they will get started with, gets them through their 40-60 minute long routine, helps them learn any new exercises, all before the patient is seen by their therapist. While helping the 5-8 patients run through their routines- which are all different by the way- we have to keep the laundry/linens stocked, do front office duties(why is there even a front office coordinator? The rehab tech does their job for them) answer phones, clean up after patients who are finished, answer questions from patients, do everything for the therapist...(it's like their hands and feet are broken and they are physically not capable of doing anything for themselves.) Its seriously a joke and I advise you to not apply if you expect to feel appreciated, for the hard work you do, both by your co-workers and by compensation. $9.00/hr? This job has put so much stress on my life. I feel like I work constantly and have very little money to show for it which is frustrating. The only nice thing is that they do, for the most part try to work with your schedule. However you will constantly be asked to fill in for people or stay later/come in earlier. No raises because the company is using all of their money to buy out other PT clinics all over the country. NOTE TO ATI: TAKE
  more... CARE OF THE EMPLOYEES THAT HAVE MADE YOUR COMPANY WHAT IT IS. DO YOU THINK PATIENTS COME TO THE CLINIC BECAUSE OF WHAT COORPORATE DOES? NOOO! THEY RETURN TO US BECAUSE OF THE TECHS AND THERAPISTS. WE SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR KEEPING YOUR COMPANY IN BUSINESS.  less
Pros
Patients are nice
Cons
UNDER PAID HIGH EXPECTATIONS OVERLY BUSY